I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez

Magic_attack
There goes 90 seconds I will never get back. sad

Toku King
You need to chill, bud. Besides, I thought that it was one of the single most epic trilogies ever made. The first film was the best superhero movie to date, the second was almost on the exact same level, and the third one was still pretty good, despite its flaws.

Neo Darkhalen
the 2nd one was the best.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Toku King
You need to chill, bud. Besides, I thought that it was one of the single most epic trilogies ever made. The first film was the best superhero movie to date, the second was almost on the exact same level, and the third one was still pretty good, despite its flaws.

Co-signed.

I loved the Spiderman movie trilogy. 1 is my favorite, and 2 rules in epic amounts. And I enjoyed three despite its flaws. The inclusion of Venom, was enough for me, despite his terrible lack of screen time. Other than Venom's lack of screen time and Peter's dancing routine, I didnt see much wrong with the film.

Neo Darkhalen
I only hate 3 because TBH i only went to see it for Venom, and i find his representation to be completely wrong, if i was not a major fan of Spider-Man or if i really did not know much about Spider-Man, i am sure i would have enjoyed it.

steverules
Spider-man 2 was amazing, best film of the trilogy

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by steverules

Co-signed.

Toku King
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Co-signed.

I loved the Spiderman movie trilogy. 1 is my favorite, and 2 rules in epic amounts. And I enjoyed three despite its flaws. The inclusion of Venom, was enough for me, despite his terrible lack of screen time. Other than Venom's lack of screen time and Peter's dancing routine, I didnt see much wrong with the film.

My big issues with SM3 were basically
-Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer, which was one of the worst Spider-Man retcons of all time(and we've seen some messed up retcons)
-Gwen being introduced this late in the game(even though the actress did an absolutely incredible job)
-Harry's horrible costume and silly surfer board
-Venom's lack of time to shine
-The fact that Brock constantly pulled back his scary Venom face
-Mary Jane Watson being kidnapped for the millionth time
-Mary Jane being such a nag, and virtually unlikable

Toku King
Originally posted by steverules

It was incredible, but I thought that the first was the best. It was just perfect in every way.

jcvaldez

Neo Darkhalen
Star wars i agree with, The Dark knight is hopefully going to be the best Comic film and also Spider-Man 2 is the best of the three, no question.

Alfred M, Owns Defoe and Grace's performances.

Toku King
Originally posted by jcvaldez
Actually you need to realize that I'm right...

It's called an opinion, dude.

Toku King
And I may get flamed at, but I prefer the Spider-Man trilogy over all six Star Wars movies combined.

Toku King
1. Toby Maguire was a bad choice for Spiderman (he's not that great of an actor!) I didn't see him acting like Spiderman from the comics. Spiderman is a smarter, more clever, wittier, and sarcastic character than what Maguire portrayed on film.

Is that Tobey's fault? No. Besides, I think his comebacks were fine as they were. "Here's your change!"

I love that scene! It's not anything like Jesus. It's them trying to save someone who risked it all for them. And how does that mean Raimi's a bad director? It was an incredible moment.

Now you're just reaching. The films worked perfectly in story, and came together just like a puzzle.

Neo Darkhalen
And I may get flamed at, but I prefer the Spider-Man trilogy over all six Star Wars movies combined.

Spider-Man 2 is better then Star Wars episode I and II but all Spider-Man films fail compered to TOT there just great movies.

Arachnid1
It was incredible, but I thought that the first was the best. It was just perfect in every way. Co-signed. Number 1 wins it for me.

Micheal_Myers

I have to agree with you. Star Wars is great, but it gets way too much credit, and I simply enjoy Spidey more.

Neo Darkhalen
You people....i don't know.....

wannabe
1. was great!
2. was awesome!
3. was ok, but not really satisfactory!

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You people....i don't know.....

Come on Neo, it doesnt take a genius to see that Star Wars is terribly over rated.

Toku King
Come on Neo, it doesnt take a genius to see that Star Wars is terribly over rated.

I know! Episode IV may have been the first, but I still thought the pacing was horrible, and the dialogue was stiff.
Episode V was incredible.
Episode VI was fair, but the Ewoks ruined a large portion of the film for me.
Episode I was terrible.
Episode II was even worse.
Episode III was really good, despite the disappointing General Grievous, some corny dialogue('killing younglings!'), and Christensen's awful acting. But besides those issues, I enjoyed it a lot.

Neo Darkhalen

Actually, its not.

steverules
We're all allowed our own opinion...MM thinks it's overracted as does TK, NDH doesn't think it is...lets leave it at that

Neo Darkhalen
Agreed.

jcvaldez
I saw Iron Man last night and it was AWESOME!

Micheal_Myers
I saw Iron Man last night and it was AWESOME!

Wow, talk about off topic..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jcvaldez
Wow, talk about off topic..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's the best comic book movie to date!

Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3. I would watch it if they gave on tv if there was nothing else better. In my opinion the movies could have been much better though. I sick to what I said before. I do hope that if another Spiderman movie will be made, I hope Sam Raimi is far away from it as possible.

Micheal_Myers
It's the best comic book movie to date!

Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3. I would watch it if they gave on tv if there was nothing else better. In my opinion the movies could have been much better though. I sick to what I said before. I do hope that if another Spiderman movie will be made, I hope Sam Raimi is far away from it as possible.

Iron Man was amazing indeed.

I could care less about Raimi's involvement in a future Spiderman installment. In fact, I would prefer he wasnt involved. The chance of getting a Venom return greatly increases if we get a new director.

Neo Darkhalen
Rami's Venom was bad....just bad.

Bad Ash231
Rami's Venom was bad....just bad.

What was wrong with Rami's Venom?

Micheal_Myers
I didnt personally see anything wrong with Raimi's Venom itself. But the amount of screentime he had was atrocious. We're talking about of one of Spidey's most dangerous villains here and he only gets like, a 10 minute fight?! And then he's gone?! I really enjoyed his design, but Raimi's hate for Venom was evident throughout his screentime.

Raimi played favorites with the characters. He already admitted that he was a huge Sandman fan. I wonder who the only villain is to survive in a Spiderman movie so far....SANDMAN! The mother ****ing SANDMAN!!

Toku King
Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3.

WHA?!?!?!?!?! I'd give it a freakin' 11!

Toku King
I didnt personally see anything wrong with Raimi's Venom itself. But the amount of screentime he had was atrocious. We're talking about of one of Spidey's most dangerous villains here and he only gets like, a 10 minute fight?! And then he's gone?! I really enjoyed his design, but Raimi's hate for Venom was evident throughout his screentime.

Raimi played favorites with the characters. He already admitted that he was a huge Sandman fan. I wonder who the only villain is to survive in a Spiderman movie so far....SANDMAN! The mother ****ing SANDMAN!!

Sandman's awesome, though, and there is virtually no way to kill him anyways. What I thought was nuts was that Pete didn't try to catch the dude at the end. Spider-Man in the comics always believed that even if you turned good at the end(which could or could not have been true), there are crimes to pay for.

Micheal_Myers
Sandman's awesome, though, and there is virtually no way to kill him anyways. What I thought was nuts was that Pete didn't try to catch the dude at the end. Spider-Man in the comics always believed that even if you turned good at the end(which could or could not have been true), there are crimes to pay for.

The point here, is it's obvious that Raimi played favorites with Sandman. There still could have been a conclusive victory over Sandman, just like the concrete one in Spectacular Spiderman.

Neo Darkhalen
*cough* Venom killed him in the comics *cough*

steverules
He didn't kill him...Sandman just started to fall apart but then was able heal himself via a beach

Neo Darkhalen
How typical.

Toku King
How typical.

He's Sandman. Sand doesn't just disintegrate.

Neo Darkhalen
He can fall apart.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
What was right with Rami's Venom?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

epic win.

steverules
Venom in spider-man 3 was too small...the look was fine but the body size was all wrong

Neo Darkhalen
I liked the raised webbing, and i liked the lean approach.

steverules
The look was perfect...it was new and cool looking but he was too small for Venom so he looked kinda weak to me

Neo Darkhalen
agreed.

steverules
The look was new mixed with original which was rather nice

Micheal_Myers
I didnt mind his look at all, I didnt even mind his size.

Neo Darkhalen
I wish he had the white Spider and that he would keep his mask on.

Toku King
He can fall apart.

And come back together with sand.

Neo Darkhalen
And...I was just making a point.

SelinaAndBruce
My main problems with this trilogy as a whole was

Tobey MacGuire. He won me over but either he or the screen writers made Spiderman a complete puss. There was only one good wisecrack in the whole series the whole let mom and dad talk one in Spiderman 1. I'm used to spiderman having some really good quips. That's part of his charm. It was so lacking in these films. He was like Emo Spiderman. They tried to make him way too emotional and conflicted.

Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane...yeah she is nothing like the sex pot I imagined Mary Jane to be. She was always drawn as so curvaceous and sexy and KD couldn't pull that off not to mention she was completely nagging and annoying to the point where I hated the idea of her and spidey even being together.

And Spiderman 3 period

Mr Parker

SpaceMonkey
I don't believe this is still an issue. Here it is, once and for all. The Spider-Man movies were OK for children and people who just wanted to spend a few hours being entertained. However, all three movies were severely lacking in the depth and art department. For people who really appreciate movie-making the movies were terrible... you might as well go watch Drumline, You Got Served or any other of that trash movie-making and you'd waste the same amount of money and time being "entertained". I find it almost offensive for someone to put forth such poor effort into making a movie for a superhero as highly regarded as Spiderman. I remember being at the theater and watching all the children enjoying themselves and thinking to myself, "Ohhh, I get it. That's the audience for this movie. Stupid me.". Then I saw adults there seeming to enjoy it... and I was at a loss for words. Thank goodness we live in a country where differing opinions are welcomed, otherwise these movies would have made $100, TOPS. On that note... let's hear it. How is my opinion wrong... this should be fun.

SelinaAndBruce
Meh I liked Spiderman 1 and 2. It was not how I pictured the Spiderman character but I liked the movies. I'm rather open minded when it comes to most super hero movies. If it entertains me I can go with it as long as it's not too unbelievable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.