Favorite Starship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
O.K. which starship rules..

Impediment
The Enterprise from "Generations", hands down.

Why?

'Cuz it was a bad ass movie.

Symmetric Chaos
I always liked the Defiant. It's not as smooth looking as all the other ones.

Badabing
Enterprise E and Voyager. I also like Excelsior.

BruceSkywalker
First the Enterprise-D, then later the Enterprise-E, two excellent Galaxy class starships. They kicked major ass

starlock
The Defiant is my favorite

Raoul
Enterprise D, Defiant, Enterprise E, imo...

though i love the late seasons of ds9 galaxy class...

Bardock42
The Voyager or Enterprise - E

They look badass.

Ushgarak
Hang on... you've not put the original Enterprise on that poll....

Neo Darkhalen
I find the original kirk enterprise to be the best.

Acrosurge
Enterprise E for me. It has a very practical design for the modern Starfleet, which must be conscious of warfare just as much as exploration. That, and it still manages to be sleek and beautiful, as well as dangerous. I mean c'mon, separate quantum and photon torpedo launchers, both fore and aft? That's just showing off.

Neo Darkhalen
That went right over my head.

Acrosurge
What d'you mean, Neo?

Neo Darkhalen
You lost me.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You lost me. Erm... basically, I love the design and its big, darn guns.

Yes, I'm a geek.

Neo Darkhalen
Thats better. stick out tongue

I knew what you meant all along stick out tongue

starlock
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Enterprise E for me. It has a very practical design for the modern Starfleet, which must be conscious of warfare just as much as exploration. That, and it still manages to be sleek and beautiful, as well as dangerous. I mean c'mon, separate quantum and photon torpedo launchers, both fore and aft? That's just showing off.

Thats firepower cool

Raoul

i didn't know it had rear quantum tubes... i know it has the dorsal and ventral photon tubes, but i thought it was just the three...

Originally posted by Ushgarak

if its ok with bruce i'll add it...

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by starlock
Thats firepower cool

Thats alot of Phasers.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ushgarak

My bad. I was in a hurry.

Thats my third fave. When Sisko brought back the Defiant I was glad because it allowed the crew to have better space battles.

You can, I was just in a rush to make the thread and I forgot.

Raoul
should be fixed now...

illadelph12
What was the name of that prototype ship that was shown on Voyager? I can't remember.

For me it's either the Defiant or Enterprise E. The Enterprise J was pretty sick too (ST:Enterprise Episode).

Raoul
Originally posted by illadelph12
What was the name of that prototype ship that was shown on Voyager? I can't remember.

For me it's either the Defiant or Enterprise E. The Enterprise J was pretty sick too (ST:Enterprise Episode).

the dauntless was the fake one, the one captured by romulans was the prometheus...

illadelph12
I liked the design of that ship as well.

Raoul
Originally posted by illadelph12
I liked the design of that ship as well.

me too, i regularly use it in bridge commander...

starlock
I am starting to really like the akira class, i play star wars legacy on xbox 360, its a decent game...a liitle short for me, but i like it allot, i am thinking of new ships btw...the original enterprise will alway have a special place with me...and with it the refit for the movies

Raoul
Originally posted by starlock
I am starting to really like the akira class, i play star wars legacy on xbox 360, its a decent game...a liitle short for me, but i like it allot, i am thinking of new ships btw...the original enterprise will alway have a special place with me...and with it the refit for the movies

akira isn't a bad ship by any means, legacy wasnt bad on xbox, but it sucked big time on pc...

yeah, i like the akira, i just think that it lacks that little bit of extra firepower that a galaxy or sovereign has...

starlock
Originally posted by Raoul
akira isn't a bad ship by any means, legacy wasnt bad on xbox, but it sucked big time on pc...

yeah, i like the akira, i just think that it lacks that little bit of extra firepower that a galaxy or sovereign has...

It definetly lacks the firepower, but i think it makes up for it in speed an manuverability, and at the time it had ablative armor.....which the galaxy did not have(maybe they were refitted with it), isnt it great to have a forum to talk about these things smile

Acrosurge
i didn't know it had rear quantum tubes... i know it has the dorsal and ventral photon tubes, but i thought it was just the three...Sorry about that. I should have been more clear.

Production designs from ST: Nemesis show the Ent:E with upgraded torpedo launchers. There are four torpedo units shown (three of which were seen to fire during Nemesis, while the fourth may have been fired during Insurrection):

1) A forward quantum torpedo launcher on the saucer ventral.

2) A rear, dual photon torpedo launcher on the dorsal saucer around deck 3.

3) A quad photon torpedo launcher (two forward, two aft) on the engineering ventral.

4) A rear photon torpedo launcher just above the main shuttle bay on the engineering hull.

That comes to a total of 8 launchers. @_@

Raoul
Sorry about that. I should have been more clear.

Production designs from ST: Nemesis show the Ent:E with upgraded torpedo launchers. There are four torpedo units shown (three of which were seen to fire during Nemesis, while the fourth may have been fired during Insurrection):

1) A forward quantum torpedo launcher on the saucer ventral.

2) A rear, dual photon torpedo launcher on the dorsal saucer around deck 3.

3) A quad photon torpedo launcher (two forward, two aft) on the engineering ventral.

4) A rear photon torpedo launcher just above the main shuttle bay on the engineering hull.

That comes to a total of 8 launchers. @_@

the nemesis enterprise was very different from the insurrection and first contact one, even the structure of the ship was diffrent... hmm

i don't think it could have 8 launchers... seriously...

Acrosurge
the nemesis enterprise was very different from the insurrection and first contact one, even the structure of the ship was diffrent... hmm

i don't think it could have 8 launchers... seriously... Well, to be strictly technical, there are four units that launch torpedoes, but some of them are dual or quad launchers (separate torpedo tubes), hence I counted them up separately.

They are a part of the schematics and notes for ST:Nemesis, so you might be able to argue a canon policy against them, based on the fact that we don't see the quad or dual launches up close (that and one of the aft tubes isn't seen to fire in the final cut of the film). That's up to you.

I'm a big pre-production guy, so I tend to put a lot of stock into production notes, scripts, and such. smile

Raoul
ah, i see what you were going by... if a tube can launch 4 torpedoes, i still only count it as one...

from what i recall, i was convinced the enterprise had 3 launchers, the main quantum turret, the aft one on the saucer section for the photons, and the ventral one that could fire both forward and aft... the fourth one is probable too, but i don't recall it being seen on-screen...

Acrosurge
ah, i see what you were going by... if a tube can launch 4 torpedoes, i still only count it as one...

from what i recall, i was convinced the enterprise had 3 launchers, the main quantum turret, the aft one on the saucer section for the photons, and the ventral one that could fire both forward and aft... the fourth one is probable too, but i don't recall it being seen on-screen... Heh, its confusing, but I actually was talking about the number of launchers on each unit (not the number of torps to a tube). But we can agree to disagree! I'm just a junkie for production notes and such. It happens to us movie geeks.

TricksterPriest
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Sovereign_class

According to memory Alpha, after a major refit, Sovereign class ships had 10 launchers and 16 phaser arrays. shock

Raoul
Heh, its confusing, but I actually was talking about the number of launchers on each unit (not the number of torps to a tube). But we can agree to disagree! I'm just a junkie for production notes and such. It happens to us movie geeks.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

According to memory Alpha, after a major refit, Sovereign class ships had 10 launchers and 16 phaser arrays. shock

good ol nemesis messing with trek... sad

the phaser arrays i can understand, but 10 torpedo launchers? unless they mean the actual amount of torpedoes fired per ship...

Acrosurge
Apparently, the Enterprise E was the first starship to employ type 10+ phasers, previously used only in heavy, planetary defense arrays and fortified star bases. More big guns, woohoo!

Captain SEX
The Connie. THe only ship where the captain sat in a "lazyboy" whilst having his beverages brought to him by a waitress in a short skirt!

Mindship
I liked the original best because it reflected the most original thinking.

Acrosurge
laughing out loud

good ol nemesis messing with trek... sad

the phaser arrays i can understand, but 10 torpedo launchers? unless they mean the actual amount of torpedoes fired per ship... Ah, that's nothing! Production sources and the Star Trek Magazine peg Akira class vessels with 15 photon torpedo launchers and two shuttle bays that link through the center of the ship for rapid, support craft deployment.

The thing is basically a flying, heavy weapons platform. big grin

Endrict Nuul
Enterprise-E
U.S.S. Defiant
Voyager

I like all 3 but can't pick a winner.

illadelph12
How about Ryker's refitted Enterprise E from the All Good Things episode?

SpikeSpiegel
Tough choice. So many good ships, I do like the Defiant though, and the Enterprise E. Enterprise for it's look, and Defiant because "big things come in little packages" stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
Apparently, the Enterprise E was the first starship to employ type 10+ phasers, previously used only in heavy, planetary defense arrays and fortified star bases. More big guns, woohoo!

Defiant was the first to have Phasers more powerful than type 10. I think theyre estimated at around type 11 level, same as DS9's most powerful phasers. DS9 has 6 type 11's the other 60 phasers it has are all type 10's.

But Enterprise E had to come outshine the Defiant with Type 12 phasers. The most powerful in the fleet.

roughrider
I may love the new one the best. But I've always have a real love for U.S.S. Excelsior, which Sulu got to captain.

Mindship
I always thought the original design from the original series was the best. All the other variations, IDK, just missed the overall symmetry mark...

...until the new Star Trek reboot. The more I see that new "muscle car" spin on the original design, the more I really like it.

DARTH POWER
I always had a thing for the Excelsior as well.. It was just such a cool design and this like new massive ship in the original Trek movies. Was cool.

Dude111
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I find the original kirk enterprise to be the best. So Do I.... The original of most everything is usually the best smile

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Holy moly

HulkIsHulk
The Ncc has good ones too, along with awesome shields as well. I still remember squeeing when seeing those shields no-sell the Borg cubes tractor twice in quick succession. Especially since tractor beams are double functioning blasts, which could both drain a starship's shields and also one-hit kill ordinary starships

-Pr-
Are you talking about the borg ones in particular, or just in general?

HulkIsHulk
Borg

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by MF DELPH
How about Ryker's refitted Enterprise E from the All Good Things episode?

The best!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e0/45/1b/e0451bfc814989ab75aa24ff64556b5d.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
O.K. which starship rules..
NCC 1701, baby!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.