Thor VS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Combat_Guru
Who wins?

quanchi112
Thor wins if its dos Doomsday. I am referring to classic Thor.

Galan007
Thor would beat DoS DD, or DD-Rex. Any other version and he's pretty much screwed.

Avlon
Doomsday.

Newjak
Thor via BFR

Mr. Slippyfist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thordoom.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Avlon
Doomsday.

biased mad

I have yet to see you vote against superman or doomsday.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
biased mad

I have yet to see you vote against superman or doomsday. did you check the superman VERSUS doomsday thread?

Avlon
biased mad

I have yet to see you vote against superman or doomsday.

http://theithacan.org/blogs/bigspoon/files/2007/11/crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

Give issues instead of scans, I hate scans, not everyone can provide them! mad

Mr. Slippyfist
JLA vs Avengers #4

Now... look through that comic, and tell me how long it takes you to find the scene... even given the art already. smile

llagrok
RKT could probably whisk all versions out of existance.

KT would have trouble against H/P and the other badass one.

Classic Thor could only take DoS and Rex.

carver9
http://theithacan.org/blogs/bigspoon/files/2007/11/crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

I can be that but you want to know something, Im telling the truth. I went to every superman thread and your always voting for him. Even in the superman sundip vs odin.

Your love for superman is rediculous.

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
did you check the superman VERSUS doomsday thread?

laughing

Avlon
I can be that but you want to know something, Im telling the truth. I went to every superman thread and your always voting for him. Even in the superman sundip vs odin.

Your love for superman is rediculous.

LOL..so now you're thread stalking when you're the type to give Colossus wins over the man of steel. The truth of the matter is that with most posters..and soon as you see their screen name, you will have a pretty good idea of who they will vote for.

Stop wasting my time and the mods time with such silly things and stick to voting in matches(and having credible support) for who you're backing.

Entity

Your love for superman is rediculous. Welcome to our world.

It's ruled by supe's fanboys and Avlon is among their generals.

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity
Welcome to our world.

It's ruled by supe's fanboys and Avlon is among their generals. Oddly enough, the one pointing the finger, can easily be seen in most Superman threads voting against him, nearly regardless of opponent. And also constantly makes threads against him, just to say he loses.

He even put Age of Apoc Wolverine against Superman, and was then the only person who voted for Wolverine.

And this is why I put him on ignore. My brain cells commit suicide whenever I see one of his posts.

starlock
Thor will beat any version of doomsday

The fact that thor can BFR doomsday is enough for me, it might be my opinion, and i can see the debate,but i dont see doomsday running or jumping fast enough to get a majority....I did not make the rules for the site...and i do understand them so.....Thor for the win

Juntai
Originally posted by starlock

The fact that thor can BFR doomsday is enough for me, it might be my opinion, and i can see the debate,but i dont see doomsday running or jumping fast enough to get a majority....I did not make the rules for the site...and i do understand them so.....Thor for the win While I agree he has that option to him, he also fights in character here. Thor has too much pride to pretty much admit he can't beat Doomsday and just teleport him away to crush another civilization somewhere else. Say the battle was out of ten, how many times is he going to gather wins this way? It's not a tactic normal to Thor, though as I said, one I certainly agree he has at his disposal.

starlock
Originally posted by Juntai
Oddly enough, the one pointing the finger, can easily be seen in most Superman threads voting against him, nearly regardless of opponent. And also constantly makes threads against him, just to say he loses.

He even put Age of Apoc Wolverine against Superman, and was then the only person who voted for Wolverine.

And this is why I put him on ignore. My brain cells commit suicide whenever I see one of his posts.

That's funny i actually had avlon on ignore and just recently took him off but its threads like this that make my brain cells commit suicide also...so i guess avlon is back on ignore for me....its funny how similar yet different some of us can be wink

Starscream M
Say the battle was out of ten, how many times is he going to gather wins this way?

Thor wins majority

Like you said, he's gonna go toe to toe against DD rather than BFR him from the start. But after he gets the crap beaten outta him, which will happen, I think Thor will come to his senses and utilize either godblast or bfr or some other hammer trick.

Juntai
That's funny i actually had avlon on ignore and just recently took him off but its threads like this that make my brain cells commit suicide also...so i guess avlon is back on ignore for me....its funny how similar yet different some of us can be wink The difference is, that Avlon is more coherent, and actually backs up what he's saying most of the time. While the other is clearly just a troll.

But yeah, to each their own.

Starscream M
The difference is, that Avlon is more coherent, and actually backs up what he's saying most of the time. While the other is clearly just a troll.

But yeah, to each their own. carver's not a troll imo

starlock
While I agree he has that option to him, he also fights in character here. Thor has too much pride to pretty much admit he can't beat Doomsday and just teleport him away to crush another civilization somewhere else. Say the battle was out of ten, how many times is he going to gather wins this way? It's not a tactic normal to Thor, though as I said, one I certainly agree he has at his disposal.

Thats its a good debate, but i simplify things, thor knows about his opponent....even if its just common knowledge....just as flash has his speedblitz wins....is it in character for him to do so? or even superman who gets allot of speedblitz wins...noone brings this argument to the table......but i think you have a point

It is debatable if thor is in character to BFR an Opponent,especially if he knows about doomsday...what is not debatable is the fact that Thor can BFR doomsday

Juntai
Thats its a good debate, but i simplify things, thor knows about his opponent....even if its just common knowledge....just as flash has his speedblitz wins....is it in character for him to do so? or even superman who gets allot of speedblitz wins...noone brings this argument to the table......but i think you have a point

It is debatable if thor is in character to BFR an Opponent,especially if he knows about doomsday...what is not debatable is the fact that Thor can BFR doomsday The idea can be and perhaps should be used in a lot of the debates on here. The difference is in volume, Superman ends a good chunk of his fights with a good old fashioned speedblitz, or if he's annoyed or knows he has to hit hard and win fast, he does. There's dozens of examples in just the last few years alone of this. It's quite in character for him to do that. On the other hand, Thor doesn't typically just teleport his opponent away from him to end a battle.

Juntai
Originally posted by Starscream M
Thor wins majority

Like you said, he's gonna go toe to toe against DD rather than BFR him from the start. But after he gets the crap beaten outta him, which will happen, I think Thor will come to his senses and utilize either godblast or bfr or some other hammer trick. That's a respectable opinion. thumb up

Newjak
While I agree he has that option to him, he also fights in character here. Thor has too much pride to pretty much admit he can't beat Doomsday and just teleport him away to crush another civilization somewhere else. Say the battle was out of ten, how many times is he going to gather wins this way? It's not a tactic normal to Thor, though as I said, one I certainly agree he has at his disposal. Thor has done it the middle of matches before like with the Asgardian Destroyer.

But as stated above not only do characters fight in character but they also fight to the best of thier abilities. Thor fighting with hte best use of his abilities has and will BFR oppenents.

Thor has a few things going for him in this fight.

One is that he can fly and since no bystanders are in the danger Doomsday has no logical way of reaching Thor unless Thor comes to him.

Another is that even if Doomsday does reach him, Thor has tremendous damage soak. He may not be as physically durable as Superman but the man can take a beating and keep on coming despite any injuries he may sustain.

The next is sheer versatility not only can Thor BFR Doomsday he has many, many other tricks at his disposal to minimize advantages DD has such as shields, the ability to effect the battlefield itself etc,etc.

Thor if fighting to the best of his abilities should not lose Doomsday.

Avlon
That's funny i actually had avlon on ignore and just recently took him off but its threads like this that make my brain cells commit suicide also...so i guess avlon is back on ignore for me....its funny how similar yet different some of us can be wink

Feel free to to put me on ignore. Your opinion will not be missed. smile

Welcome to our world.

It's ruled by supe's fanboys and Avlon is among their generals.

Another fool wasting time with off topic crap.

If you guys need an E-tissue, there is no shame in that.

Juntai pretty much covered the bases already, there really isn't much to add to that.

Entity
Oddly enough, the one pointing the finger, can easily be seen in most Superman threads voting against him, nearly regardless of opponent. And also constantly makes threads against him, just to say he loses.

And this is why I put him on ignore. My brain cells commit suicide whenever I see one of his posts. When have I ever put Wolverine against Supes? Any Wolverine?

I've admitted having my own bias against the character so I will give anyone that, thou I believe it to still be logical and well founded as apposed to the blatant irrational fanboyism like some, but I don't pit him against characters that clearly have no business against him and I give him the win and vote in polls for him when he should take it realistically.

Also I have made many threads concerning him but I would hardly call it constantly.

Juntai
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor has done it the middle of matches before like with the Asgardian Destroyer.

But as stated above not only do characters fight in character but they also fight to the best of thier abilities. Thor fighting with hte best use of his abilities has and will BFR oppenents.

Thor has a few things going for him in this fight.

One is that he can fly and since no bystanders are in the danger Doomsday has no logical way of reaching Thor unless Thor comes to him.

Another is that even if Doomsday does reach him, Thor has tremendous damage soak. He may not be as physically durable as Superman but the man can take a beating and keep on coming despite any injuries he may sustain.

The next is sheer versatility not only can Thor BFR Doomsday he has many, many other tricks at his disposal to minimize advantages DD has such as shields, the ability to effect the battlefield itself etc,etc.

Thor if fighting to the best of his abilities should not lose Doomsday. While I agree with some of it, Doomsday has shown he can deal with flying opponents, through both his massive leaping ability and has shown some control over his direction while doing so, to simulate flying, and through shooting out bone-spear type things to reel in flyers close such as he did to Superman. I don't know why anyone would think Doomsday is completely incapable against a flyer, when his prime opponent is a flyer, and even other characters we've seen him face, from Green Lanterns, Guardians, and The Radiant among others are all flyers....And if Thor completely leaves the field of battle, he has forfeit and Doomsday wins through the forum rules.

However I agree, Thor's versatility could win him the day.

Juntai
When have I ever put Wolverine against Supes? Any Wolverine?

I've admitted having my own bias against the character so I will give anyone that, thou I believe it to still be logical and well founded as apposed to the blatant irrational fanboyism like some, but I don't pit him against characters that clearly have no business against him and I give him the win and vote in polls for him when he should take it realistically.

Also I have made many threads concerning him but I would hardly call it constantly. Not you. Carver. He trolls and creates Superman threads constantly, just to vote against him.

Newjak
While I agree with some of it, Doomsday has shown he can deal with flying opponents, through both his massive leaping ability and has shown some control over his direction while doing so, to simulate flying, and through shooting out bone-spear type things to reel in flyers close such as he did to Superman. I don't know why anyone would think Doomsday is completely incapable against a flyer, when his prime opponent is a flyer, and even other characters we've seen him face, from Green Lanterns, Guardians, and The Radiant among others are all flyers....And if Thor completely leaves the field of battle, he has forfeit and Doomsday wins through the forum rules.

I'm not saying Doomsday can not handle flight, but normally when he takes on fliers the fliers are forced to confront Doomsday directly.

Like Superman having to go H2H with Doomsday to prevent him from hurting civilians.

Green Lanterns having to to keep him from from getting to OA.

Thor has no such problems facing him in this battle. He can stay far enough away that if Doomsday were to attack him Thor could easily move himself out of the way.

It's just that compared to Thor Doomsday is just too one dimensional. Just like Hulk is too 1-D for Superman to lose to.

Avlon
While I agree with some of it, Doomsday has shown he can deal with flying opponents, through both his massive leaping ability and has shown some control over his direction while doing so, to simulate flying, and through shooting out bone-spear type things to reel in flyers close such as he did to Superman. I don't know why anyone would think Doomsday is completely incapable against a flyer, when his prime opponent is a flyer, and even other characters we've seen him face, from Green Lanterns, Guardians, and The Radiant among others are all flyers....And if Thor completely leaves the field of battle, he has forfeit and Doomsday wins through the forum rules.

Agreed...and if there is one thing that is consistent for DD is that he tends to blitz. I believe the reason DD was granted superspeed is to prevent bfr's as much as possible.

Granted that Gog has all of Thors BFR removal options and more and that there were an uncountable amount and he still made it to the main gog...I'd say that even bfr is not as easy as it may sound.

Newjak
Agreed...and if there is one thing that is consistent for DD is that he tends to blitz. I believe the reason DD was granted superspeed is to prevent bfr's as much as possible.

Granted that Gog has all of Thors BFR removal options and more and that there were an uncountable amount and he still made it to the main gog...I'd say that even bfr is not as easy as it may sound. Except BFR has shown to be quite a good way to get rid of Doomsday more than once.

Juntai
Except BFR has shown to be quite a good way to get rid of Doomsday more than once. True, it's also something Thor would have to find out on his own. It wouldn't be included in the basic knowledge, since there is no real basic knowledge of Doomsday, except that he's an unthinking unstoppable beast that killed Superman.

BFR beating him was a last ditch effort each time. Similarly to how I imagine Thor could come across the idea. However I think Doomsday would pummel a few wins out him.

Thinking at the start of battle Thor is going to simply fly off planet and teleport Doomsday to another galaxy or something seems a bit of a stretch, and well out of character, despite his ability to do so.

Newjak
True, it's also something Thor would have to find out on his own. It wouldn't be included in the basic knowledge, since there is no real basic knowledge of Doomsday, except that he's an unthinking unstoppable beast that killed Superman.

BFR beating him was a last ditch effort each time. Similarly to how I imagine Thor could come across the idea. However I think Doomsday would pummel a few wins out him.

Thinking at the start of battle Thor is going to simply fly off planet and teleport Doomsday to another galaxy or something seems a bit of a stretch, and well out of character, despite his ability to do so.

Superman rarely speedblitzes foes.

Surfer hardly ever absorbs the power from hsi foe

but they are things that the characters have used before and are more than capable of using. And on KMC are used quite often.

Truth be told just like if Superman fought Hulk heads up without speed blitzing Hulk could possibly take a few wins.

But no body gives the Hulk a 2/10 wins cause Superman fights in character argument. Same thing here if Thor is using his abilities like he should and at his best Doomsday should not take one win.

Raoul
guys. please. don't let this thread get out of hand. its potentially a good match up, and i don't want to have to close it...

quanchi112

The fact that thor can BFR doomsday is enough for me, it might be my opinion, and i can see the debate,but i dont see doomsday running or jumping fast enough to get a majority....I did not make the rules for the site...and i do understand them so.....Thor for the win I think it depends on which Thor and which Doomsday but he can bfr any Doomsday but find if thats your only way of winning a forum battle then you really cant win but moreless teleport the other character safely away. But technically if he can bfr Doomsday then he wins against any version.

quanchi112
JLA vs Avengers #4

Now... look through that comic, and tell me how long it takes you to find the scene... even given the art already. smile Thats is canon indeed. smile It looks like Thor is 1-0 vs Doomsday.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think it depends on which Thor and which Doomsday but he can bfr any Doomsday but find if thats your only way of winning a forum battle then you really cant win but moreless teleport the other character safely away. But technically if he can bfr Doomsday then he wins against any version. This is the only Thor BFR I could find in my collection.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-18.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
This is the only Thor BFR I could find in my collection.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Untitled-Scanned-01-18.jpg Ok so he has the ability. Thats all that needs to be proven in my estimation. I think bfr is a weak one if thats all you have. I am sure he has done it more than once as well. Supes doesnt speedblitz all the time either. Id like it clarified which Doomsday this is and which Thor.

Silent Master
Thor has used BFR against, the Juggernaut, Hulk a random group of villains during the Maximum security arc and an alien warlord (threw him out of the solar system).

Those are just of the top of my head.

Newjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor has used BFR against, the Juggernaut, Hulk a random group of villains during the Maximum security arc and an alien warlord (threw him out of the solar system).

Those are just of the top of my head. He's also BRFed the Asgardian Destroyer

Ouallada
In which issue did Thor BFR Hulk?

WrathfulDwarf

Uh-huh....

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6498/hulk20016tq5.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6237/hulk20015it0.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1907/hulk20017tl8.jpg

Without his Mjolnir...Thor gets pwned by DD.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Ouallada
In which issue did Thor BFR Hulk?

IIRC, In the 2001 Hulk annual, the fight started in Earth and Thor took them to several different worlds, he was even going to leave Hulk until circumstances showed it would be a bad choice.

Like the world where the oxygen was too thin for Hulk to breathe.

WrathfulDwarf
When it comes to brawls Thor can't win.

Take away his Hammer and even The Hulk would pummel him. See earlier scans.

Silent Master
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Uh-huh....

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6237/hulk20015it0.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1907/hulk20017tl8.jpg

Without his Mjolnir...Thor gets pwned by DD.

You're aware that Thor was carrying the Hulk at the time and thus had no way to block the attacks, plus he was getting up in the very next panel.

WrathfulDwarf
You're aware that Thor was carrying the Hulk at the time and thus had no way to block the attacks, plus he was getting up in the very next panel.

Yes, we are aware of how Thor can win....

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2295/hulk20013rk5.jpg

...With his Ligthning and Hammer.

Avlon
I don't think anyone disagrees about Thor having the ability to bfr...

The issue is that Juntai described before. Thor prefers the fight. He doesn't just go into bfr. The opponents Thor has bfr'd are not known for speed.

The second issue is the speed difference (a common issue for Thor) and DD's overall superiority. I don't see Thor faring any better physically than Wonder Woman. T

If he does get the bfr, Thor wins, but between DD's speed and Thor's personality... DD ftw.

Silent Master
You're also aware that Thor doesn't need Mjolnir to use lightning or his godblast, right?

Galan007
Has the type of energy Thor uses to BFR ever been stated?

Ouallada
IIRC, In the 2001 Hulk annual, the fight started in Earth and Thor took them to several different worlds, he was even going to leave Hulk until circumstances showed it would be a bad choice.

Like the world where the oxygen was too thin for Hulk to breathe.

Ah yes I recall that issue now, even though Hulk did come off looking a lot better in that issue, and in his battles with Thor overall. stick out tongue

Agreed with the portion on Thor liking a brawl, which is arguably the only reason, or at least the main reason why he has any trouble at all with this battle, if we refer to DOS/Rex doomsday.

The speed issue is not really a huge point, in my opinion, because Thor has great travel speed, can fly, and is much better at range than Doomsday, or most of the heroes that Doomsday was beating on from the abovementioned arcs.

The main reason I expect Thor to fare better in such a battle than Superman, for instance, is because in a best of ten battle, Thor has enough tricks and versatility to put Doomsday down for a majority, while Superman is more limited, albeit better at the things he does.

fangirl101
doomsday can beat teams of jla members. thor cannot.

Soljer
Superman rarely speedblitzes foes.

Yes he does. As Jun said, even in only recent years, there are no less than a dozen examples of Superman ending a fight with a speedblitz.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Soljer
Yes he does. As Jun said, even in only recent years, there are no less than a dozen examples of Superman ending a fight with a speedblitz.

Scans?

Newjak
Scans? It happends but nearly as implied as Soljer says.

More importantly he hardly ever starts out a battle like that.

More often you're apt to get the Superman lecture

Avlon
Originally posted by Ouallada
Ah yes I recall that issue now, even though Hulk did come off looking a lot better in that issue, and in his battles with Thor overall. stick out tongue

Agreed with the portion on Thor liking a brawl, which is arguably the only reason, or at least the main reason why he has any trouble at all with this battle, if we refer to DOS/Rex doomsday.

The speed issue is not really a huge point, in my opinion, because Thor has great travel speed, can fly, and is much better at range than Doomsday, or most of the heroes that Doomsday was beating on from the abovementioned arcs.

The main reason I expect Thor to fare better in such a battle than Superman, for instance, is because in a best of ten battle, Thor has enough tricks and versatility to put Doomsday down for a majority, while Superman is more limited, albeit better at the things he does.

Good post. I'll have to disagree though. Most of Thor's tricks outside of a straight bfr would be useless against Doomsday or things he's already dealt with. The speed advantage is something that is definitely an issue considering Thors speed in comparison, and lastly, his range is really no better than Superman, GL's, MM, Darkseid, Gog, Imperiex probes, Radiant, or a Guardian.

Ouallada
Good post. I'll have to disagree though. Most of Thor's tricks outside of a straight bfr would be useless against Doomsday or things he's already dealt with. The speed advantage is something that is definitely an issue considering Thors speed in comparison, and lastly, his range is really no better than Superman, GL's, MM, Darkseid, Gog, Imperiex probes, Radiant, or a Guardian.

Fair enough.

I would say that against a brawler like Doomsday, having the ability to affect the battelfield through a flash flood for instance allows Thor to keep his range, and to slow Doomsday down. Being at range would allow Thor to utilise his matter manipulation, projection, as well as his more exotic abilities. soul stealing, anti-force, godblast etc. A culmination of those already give Thor a number of wins against DOS/Rex Doomsday.

I wouldn't say that Doomsday's combat speed allows him to blitz Thor, even though it certainly is faster than the latter. Thor does have better travel speed though, which is important as his main weapons in this battle are all at range.

Even in a brawl, Thor does have enough strength, durability and ability to eke out his fair share of wins, at least until Doomsday evolves past what he can dish out. Throw in the fact that it is plausible that he enters warrior madness, and a culmination of the above makes it altogether reasonable for Thor to take a majority.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soljer
Yeah but you also have to take into consideration the sheer volume of Supes's appearances when you're figuring out whether or not he does it "rarely". If you and Jun say that he's made dozen speedblitzes in the past couple of years I have no problem believing you, but that still leaves HUNDREDS of fights where he didn't.

leonidas
thor loses unless he resorts to bfr, which he may do. he typically resorts to bfr to save the environment and protect the innocents around from harm. in a deserted battlefield he would likely fight to the end -- and die. he'd certainly make dd's life miserable during the fight, but absent bfr he loses.

OneDumbG0
Doomsday has been taken out by blunt physical force. A lot. Why do people think BFR is the only reason classic Thor would win? He's never evolved past blunt physical force.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor would beat DoS DD, or DD-Rex. Any other version and he's screwed. Still going with that. sans BFR, of course.

fangirl101
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Doomsday has been taken out by blunt physical force. A lot. Why do people think BFR is the only reason classic Thor would win? He's never evolved past blunt physical force. too bad thor doesn't hit hard enough or often enough for it to do him any good.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by fangirl101
too bad thor doesn't hit hard enough or often enough for it to do him any good. Are you referring to your imagination of the fight or extrapolating it out of Thor's comics? Because I have seen classic Thor bust out many a can of whup-ass...

TricksterPriest
Are you referring to your imagination of the fight or extrapolating it out of Thor's comics? Because I have seen classic Thor bust out many a can of whup-ass...

Not compared to Superman. Superman hits harder and faster. And in a straight brawl, Thor gets mauled by most versions of Doomsday. Too fast, too strong and too singleminded.

I agree that BFR can win the day. But against H/P, Doomsday Wars, or Gog Wars DD, BFR is pretty much it. He'll be hard pressed to counter the speed edge, and if he overuses his hammer, DD may evolve against Mjolnir itself. Rex might take Thor, but the pain issue makes it touchy.

The godblast is the only thing that might be able to one shot him, but if it fails, Doomsday will tear Thor a new *******.

fangirl101
Are you referring to your imagination of the fight or extrapolating it out of Thor's comics? Because I have seen classic Thor bust out many a can of whup-ass...

thor has never hit anyone hundreds or thousands of times in repeated fashion. he can't keep up with doomsday in speed. it takes massive amounts of blunt force trauma to put dd down. or a severe trauma. like a hit from a precrisis superman and regular superman. thor isn't putting out that kind of blunt force trauma and he can't hit anyone over and over hundreds of times. that is all i meant. now what did i imagine?

Newjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not compared to Superman. Superman hits harder and faster. And in a straight brawl, Thor gets mauled by most versions of Doomsday. Too fast, too strong and too singleminded.

I agree that BFR can win the day. But against H/P, Doomsday Wars, or Gog Wars DD, BFR is pretty much it. He'll be hard pressed to counter the speed edge, and if he overuses his hammer, DD may evolve against Mjolnir itself. Rex might take Thor, but the pain issue makes it touchy.

The godblast is the only thing that might be able to one shot him, but if it fails, Doomsday will tear Thor a new *******. Superman hit faster yes but harder I think not.

All I've got to say is Exitar the celestial, Thor broke his dome piece unleashing a massive hammer blow.

darthgoober
thor has never hit anyone hundreds or thousands of times in repeated fashion. he can't keep up with doomsday in speed. it takes massive amounts of blunt force trauma to put dd down. or a severe trauma. like a hit from a precrisis superman and regular superman. thor isn't putting out that kind of blunt force trauma and he can't hit anyone over and over hundreds of times. that is all i meant. now what did i imagine?
When has DD?

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
When has DD?

what does that have to do with anything? i was talking about what it takes to bring doomsday down with blunt force trauma.

OneDumbG0
Planet busting shots?

fangirl101
Superman hit faster yes but harder I think not.

All I've got to say is Exitar the celestial, Thor broke his dome piece unleashing a massive hammer blow.

it would seem that the celestials aren't all that they would seem. or thor had an amp. or it was just dumb writing. thor also had time to just stand there and build up momentum. he wouldn't have that luxury against doomsday.

TricksterPriest
Thor used the full power of his hammer wrapped in the belt of strength. That was not a standard blow.

darthgoober
what does that have to do with anything? i was talking about what it takes to bring doomsday down with blunt force trauma.
It has to do with this...

But for the record, at what point during the DOS saga did Supes lay into DD the way you're claiming Thor's going to have to in order to put DD down?

Newjak
it would seem that the celestials aren't all that they would seem. or thor had an amp. or it was just dumb writing. thor also had time to just stand there and build up momentum. he wouldn't have that luxury against doomsday. Or like many occasions when Thor decides to bring the pain he brings it like few other heralds can stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thor used the full power of his hammer wrapped in the belt of strength. That was not a standard blow. Um you are thinking of his godblast against Exitar.

I'm talking about the hammer blow he let loose.

TricksterPriest
Oops. embarrasment

fangirl101
It has to do with this...

But for the record, at what point during the DOS saga did Supes lay into DD the way you're claiming Thor's going to have to in order to put DD down? again, when has thor ever shown that he can keep up multiple high speed attacks of blunt force trauma. or summon the far greater than superman strength it would take to knock doomsday out in one hit. thor can't win. doomsday can beat teams of the jla. thor cannot. i can't see any other reasoning behind it. doomsday is so fast that he can catch a team full of speedsters by surprise. thor cannot. it's really just simple to me. doomsday clearly has to take lots of punishment in high speed to be put down. or put down with like uber strength.

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by llagrok
RKT could probably whisk all versions out of existance.

KT would have trouble against H/P and the other badass one.

Classic Thor could only take DoS and Rex.

Bingo!

psycho gundam
yeah, thor does need a brief set-up period for his best shots, but if they land they can hurt skyfathers.

IMO most doomsdays lack the actual fear of harm so they won't try to mess up the attack before it happens, kinda like not stopping a field goal kick in football.

the intelligent doomsday might be able to recognize a supermove and prevent it, but if this is current thor, he may not have a start up time.

oh, heres thor bfring the dread destroyer:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7613/70038097bp8.th.jpg

leonidas
Doomsday has been taken out by blunt physical force. A lot. Why do people think BFR is the only reason classic Thor would win? He's never evolved past blunt physical force.

rex and dos versions, true. thor could take either. he's demolished by the more advanced versions though . . .

and i agree nj -- supes hits faster. harder is an arguable point . . .

the problem with this battle is the same problem that results from many a forum argument -- dd really has never shown the type of superman-blitz speeds (consistently) that people are attributing to him. COULD he blitz and potentially overwhelm thor like gladiator has done? sure, i guess. but that's not his typical mo. it would come down to a massive friggin brawl and thor would beat some versions that way, and he'd give a good account against the others (h/p, gog wars) but ultimately lose. as would almost any top tier and some sub-skyfathers as well, imo.

darthgoober
again, when has thor ever shown that he can keep up multiple high speed attacks of blunt force trauma.
When has DD?

or summon the far greater than superman strength it would take to knock doomsday out in one hit.
Godblast or anti-matter blast...

thor can't win.
Sure he can...

doomsday can beat teams of the jla. thor cannot.
Hulk beat the Dr. Strange, the X-Men, the Avengers, etc. and Supes can't so that must mean that Hulk beats Supes huh?

See that's why ABC logic doesn't work.

doomsday is so fast that he can catch a team full of speedsters by surprise. thor cannot.
When did DD catch a team of speedsters by surprise?

doomsday clearly has to take lots of punishment in high speed to be put down. or put down with like uber strength.
Deepening on the version sure, but don't forget that Thor HAS uber strength and a plethora of other options(including BFR) at his disposal that Supes lacks.

BTW are you speaking of EVERY version of DD or do you have a specific version in mind?

fangirl101
When has DD?

Godblast or anti-matter blast...

Sure he can...

Hulk beat the Dr. Strange, the X-Men, the Avengers, etc. and Supes can't so that must mean that Hulk beats Supes huh?

See that's why ABC logic doesn't work.

When did DD catch a team of speedsters by surprise?

Deepening on the version sure, but don't forget that Thor HAS uber strength and a plethora of other options(including BFR) at his disposal that Supes lacks.

BTW are you speaking of EVERY version of DD or do you have a specific version in mind?

ok. doomday beat the jla with flash, wonder woman, and martian manhunter on it. may have been more. all speedsters he caught off guard. and i think thor can beat the same versions of doomsday that superman beat. but only at the same cost that superman had. the tuffer versions, like the one that was fighting darksied and superman with that head gear would lose. and the other doomsday that could get new powers mid battle. thor can't beat that one either.

leonidas
be interesting to see what the godblast would do to the higher level dd's . . . i've never been sure how it would affect him. it lost a little lustre for me ever since juggs basically shrugged it off. the antimatter/antiforce blast wouldn't be enough, imo. it only took out mangog because he shot it down his throat. the higher versions of dd are imo at least mangog level. erm

OneDumbG0
Deepening on the version sure, but don't forget that Thor HAS uber strength and a plethora of other options(including BFR) at his disposal that Supes lacks.Vortex of inescapable force, anyone? Contained Juggernaut and a 1/5th universe destroying Death Bomb after all. evil face
Originally posted by leonidas
be interesting to see what the godblast would do to the higher level dd's . . . i've never been sure how it would affect him. it lost a little lustre for me ever since juggs basically shrugged it off. the antimatter/antiforce blast wouldn't be enough, imo. it only took out mangog because he shot it down his throat. the higher versions of dd are imo at least mangog level. erm Juggernaut's advance was held off by the godblast. Which speaks volumes about it's power. And who's to say that Thor couldn't godblast Doomsday down his throat?
ok. doomday beat the jla with flash, wonder woman, and martian manhunter on it. may have been more. all speedsters he caught off guard. and i think thor can beat the same versions of doomsday that superman beat. but only at the same cost that superman had. the tuffer versions, like the one that was fighting darksied and superman with that head gear would lose. and the other doomsday that could get new powers mid battle. thor can't beat that one either. Flash, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter were there during 'Death of Superman?' H/P Doomsday was rather cheap. His very existence is cheap. BFR is cheap too. Fair to say that classic Thor would BFR H/P Doomsday every time in cheap non-fights.

darthgoober
ok. doomday beat the jla with flash, wonder woman, and martian manhunter on it. may have been more. all speedsters he caught off guard.
Deathstroke has laid the smack down on those same people if I'm not mistaken. What does DD have in the way of actual speed feats?

and i think thor can beat the same versions of doomsday that superman beat. but only at the same cost that superman had.
Why would Thor have to die as Supes did? Thor's stronger than that particular version of Supes and has many more options available to him than Supes did.

the tuffer versions, like the one that was fighting darksied and superman with that head gear would lose. and the other doomsday that could get new powers mid battle. thor can't beat that one either.
When have any of those versions proven unaffectable by BFR?

fangirl101
Deathstroke has laid the smack down on those same people if I'm not mistaken. What does DD have in the way of actual speed feats?

Why would Thor have to die as Supes did? Thor's stronger than that particular version of Supes and has many more options available to him than Supes did.

When have any of those versions proven unaffectable by BFR?
if doomsday were able to be removed from the field then how come darksied's powers didn't remove him? Or how come that gaurdian didn't remove him? as i said, thor can beat any version of doomsday that superman can. but superman is so much faster. and his skin is harder. so it makes if iffy to me if thor could keep up with doomsday or hit as many times. or take as much punshiment. just my own opinion. and doomsday has blitzing feats. he's been remarked to be fast by superman and flash. and he blitzed the jla once when brainiac took over his mind.

darthgoober
if doomsday were able to be removed from the field then how come darksied's powers didn't remove him?
Because he wasn't trying to BFR DD, he was trying to kill him.

Or how come that gaurdian didn't remove him?
Wait so if someone with superspeed doesn't try to blitz Hulk or Thor at all then it must mean that blitz's won't work on them? By the same token, we should assume that Supes's T-Vo is completely ineffective against anyone he's never used it on?

as i said, thor can beat any version of doomsday that superman can. but superman is so much faster. and his skin is harder. so it makes if iffy to me if thor could keep up with doomsday or hit as many times. or take as much punshiment.
Thor is stronger AND more durable than DOS Supes, and at the time Supes couldn't even hit lightspeed traveling(let alone in combat) so I think it's well within Thor's capacity to put him down without dying himself.

just my own opinion. and doomsday has blitzing feats. he's been remarked to be fast by superman and flash.
Thor's speed has been commented on by both Surfer and Gladiator if I'm not mistaken...

and he blitzed the jla once when brainiac took over his mind.
So that's one speed feat for a specific version of DD who had help in the form of Brainiac, can you think of anything for a version WITHOUT Brainiac?

OneDumbG0
if doomsday were able to be removed from the field then how come darksied's powers didn't remove him? Or how come that gaurdian didn't remove him? as i said, thor can beat any version of doomsday that superman can. but superman is so much faster. and his skin is harder. so it makes if iffy to me if thor could keep up with doomsday or hit as many times. or take as much punshiment. just my own opinion. and doomsday has blitzing feats. he's been remarked to be fast by superman and flash. and he blitzed the jla once when brainiac took over his mind. H/P Doomsday has been boom-tubed and teleported by JLA teleportation units. Darkseid's Omega Beams tried to obliterate him, not teleport him. At least, that's how I reconcile the two.

OneDumbG0
H/P Doomsday has been boom-tubed and teleported by JLA teleportation units. Darkseid's Omega Beams tried to obliterate him, not teleport him. At least, that's how I reconcile the two. Correction. H/P Doomsday was transported by Waverider's device. Doomsday Wars Doomsday was teleported by JLA teleportation units. However, Doomsday Wars Doomsday is H/P Doomsday, since Braniac retrieved H/P Doomsday from the end of time for that storyline. My bads.

Oh, and the Guardian accidentally BFR'ed Doosmday when they confronted each other. Pretty much the same exact way the Guardian accidentally BFR'ed Superboy Prime. So yeah, any version of Doomsday can be BFR'ed.

leonidas
Vortex of inescapable force, anyone? Contained Juggernaut and a 1/5th universe destroying Death Bomb after all. evil face

i'd rank that as a form of bfr, personally . . .

the godblast MIGHT work. like i said, i've never been able to come to a firm conclusion in my mind as to its effect on dd. down his throat seems rather a longshot to me. erm

i do agree with goob -- thor could likely beat dos without having to die to do so, but i think dos gets a bit of the short-shrift at times. he did pretty much demolish the league, and that included walking effortlessly through guy. it wouldn't be a cake-walk for thor, even against dos who WAS evolving as the battle went along. i'd say thor would take a majority, but even dos dd was a walking plot device . . .

TricksterPriest
"Hulk beat the Dr. Strange, the X-Men, the Avengers, etc. and Supes can't so that must mean that Hulk beats Supes huh?

See that's why ABC logic doesn't work."

Actually, your arguement is the one that's flawed. The Hulk has alot of people job to him. Including Thor himself. Plus, the JLA>>>Most versions of the avengers and almost all X-teams. And Dr. Strange has been beaten once, AFAIK, during WWH. which I consider absolute horseshit. Not to mention his massive depowerment.

Mr. Slippyfist
Hulk has KO'ed classic Strange twice off the top of my head.

Creshosk

And this is why I put him on ignore. My brain cells commit suicide whenever I see one of his posts. I hear ya:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.