Sukiyaki Western Django!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
If you're a fan of the original Sergio Corbucci's Django.

No way you'll miss this one. Here is the trailer:

S61ySyaJQSE&feature=related

Takashi is a genious!

Oh, and if you're wondering...yup that's him! He plays Ringo. cool

Big_Daddy2
They removed the trailer from youtube guy.

Here's a link where the trailers being hosted.

Sukiyaki Western Django

I laughed when I saw this, I think it'll be rather enjoyable. I like the idea of samurai gunslingers heh.

WrathfulDwarf
Hmm..the film is suppose to be release here in the states...but I haven't found any showings in my local theaters. It's gotten some good reviews so far. My gosh this movie is a must see!

MildPossession
It looks quite terrible... and Tarantino looks a joke in it. Don't know if it's suppose to be that way...

Will see how it turns out.

kunglu
I saw it last weekend here in NYC and loved it. (you can get it on dvd already too) There are so many references to all the classic spaghetti westerns, and the broken english just adds to the fun. Tarantino does nothing for the film, I don't like his accent but he doesn't ruin the film. If you like spaghetti westerns or Takeshi Miike Don't miss it!

MildPossession
Yeah the dvd has been out since something like February in some countries. Apparently 25 minutes has been taken off the International cinema releases outside of the Japan release?

WrathfulDwarf
Finally got a chance to see this film.

I would say that it work for me but didn't really deliver that momentum. I love how Takashii paid homage to the original Django but certains parts felt rather long.

I still give him credit for combine two genres into one movie and delivering very cool gun fighting scenes....Samurais meet Cowboys in an alternate timeline. Nicely done but nothing explosive as far as story.

Remains a film to be seen.

Mutough
Watched it a few days ago. Disappointing, but still damned good. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought it had a bit too much story... And I NEVER say that.

faradayslaw
I liked it. I thought the Japanese speaking English added a certain kind of charm to the movie. Some good action too....

Blinky

The Nuul
The Good, The Bad , The Weird is much better.

MildPossession
Oo yes, adore that film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.