So my home was burglarized today....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Today Raeann, myself, and our kid went to a birthday party for my baby cousin a few towns over from where we live. We did the birthday thing, and left for home after the party was over. When I walk into my house, I immediately noticed that my Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were missing, along with all of the games that go with them. Funny enough, though, not a single thing else was missing. My laptop, my digital camera, all 500+ of my dvds, and Raeann's jewelry were all left untouched. AND, I might add, my Nintendo Wii and all of the games were left untouched. So, basically, someone broke into my house and stole only my PS3, Xbox 360, all of the games that go with the systems, and all of the accessories like the Bluetooth headset, the PS3 camera, the PS3 remote, and the 360 camera. Someone who has been to my house before did this. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Why in the hell would someone break into a house and only steal video game hardware? Unless, of course, that someone knew that I had these consoles and the like.

The sheriff's deputy came to my house and I gave a list of what was taken, along with an incident statement, and also dusted for possible fingerprints. Right now, I'm venting my incredible anger by drinking beer and posting my f*cked up story here.

Luckily, for the sake of myself and my family, we weren't here when this occurred. At least nobody was hurt, and I still have my Wii and games. Still, I'm out $1,500, at least, in video game hardware.

I'm so angry I could f*cking cry.

Röland
People are pieces of shit.

Sorry for what happened to you Impediment but at least none of you were harmed and they only took $1,500 worth of your belongings.

Hope you find out who did it.

Impediment
You know what else pisses me off? Yesterday I bought GTA 4. Now it's gone. I never even got to enjoy it.

Piggle Humsy
That ****ing sucks major balls.

I'm sorry hug

I hope they get the scum who did it.

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment
You know what else pisses me off? Yesterday I bought GTA 4. Now it's gone. I never even got to enjoy it.
That sucks man.

Do you have any idea of who may have did it?

gefallen_engel
sorry, that really sucks.

someone broke into my garage recently and stole all the electrical components to one of my 4 wheelers. I know who it was but can't prove anything.

I hate people who steal, they are just too lazy to earn the money to buy their own stuff so they take from other people not caring that you worked hard to get that stuff. I hope they catch the bastard.

Impediment

Röland
I have a sneaking suspicion that the neighbor kids did it.

They're not exactly angels, if you get my drift.
I'd be paying a visit to them tomorrow.

Ax3l
I thought this was about to turn into a Stephan Wright joke.

Either way, sorry about your loss.

Impediment

Impediment
Originally posted by Ax3l
I thought this was about to turn into a Stephan Wright joke.

Either way, sorry about your loss.

Thanx, man. Welcome back.

Who's Stephan Wright?

Röland
I told the deputy who came to my house about my suspicions. He plans to question them very soon.
That's good, hope you get this resolved soon.

gefallen_engel
hope you get your stuff back

Ax3l
Thanx, man. Welcome back.

Who's Stephan Wright? An old comedian. He's very dry and sarcastic.

He's got this joke about his apartment being burglarized. I can't remember how it goes, but he's hilarious.

Impediment
See, the thing is I have extra money stored away in my savings account that I was saving for a "rainy day". Now I have to decide whether or not to use that money to buy back all of my shit that was stolen, or just wait and save up more money to buy it back again.

~Wålshy~
that sucks erm

hope you find out who did it and get your stuff back

Impediment
I appreciate all of the comments from you guys.

It's actually kind of jarring to experience this for the first time. I've never been burglarized. It kinda takes away the last shred of security you have for your household. I mean, a man's home is his castle, but it shouldn't have to be his fortress, you know?

gefallen_engel
my home has been burglarized several times I blame it on the neighborhood I live in which is why I am moving

Röland
I appreciate all of the comments from you guys.

It's actually kind of jarring to experience this for the first time. I've never been burglarized. It kinda takes away the last shred of security you have for your household. I mean, a man's home is his castle, but it shouldn't have to be his fortress, you know?
I hear you man. That's my worst fear in life is to have people enter my house/apartment (when I have one).

SnakeEyes
Like everyone's said, that's terrible man. I had my car broken into once at the mall and they took everything. My iPod, jacket, a couple dvd's, etc. More shocking things happen to people, but still, it was... well, shocking.

Sorry, man.

Impediment
Thanks.

I plan to spend all day tomorrow doing nothing but playing my Wii. Maybe that will cheer me up. Hell, I might even go and buy Mario Kart Wii. It always puts me in a good mood when I buy a new game or a dvd. Maybe I'll buy both.

Grinning Goku
Today Raeann, myself, and our kid went to a birthday party for my baby cousin a few towns over from where we live. We did the birthday thing, and left for home after the party was over. When I walk into my house, I immediately noticed that my Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were missing, along with all of the games that go with them. Funny enough, though, not a single thing else was missing. My laptop, my digital camera, all 500+ of my dvds, and Raeann's jewelry were all left untouched. AND, I might add, my Nintendo Wii and all of the games were left untouched. So, basically, someone broke into my house and stole only my PS3, Xbox 360, all of the games that go with the systems, and all of the accessories like the Bluetooth headset, the PS3 camera, the PS3 remote, and the 360 camera. Someone who has been to my house before did this. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Why in the hell would someone break into a house and only steal video game hardware? Unless, of course, that someone knew that I had these consoles and the like.

The sheriff's deputy came to my house and I gave a list of what was taken, along with an incident statement, and also dusted for possible fingerprints. Right now, I'm venting my incredible anger by drinking beer and posting my f*cked up story here.

Luckily, for the sake of myself and my family, we weren't here when this occurred. At least nobody was hurt, and I still have my Wii and games. Still, I'm out $1,500, at least, in video game hardware.

I feel your pain, man. I love electronics a lot -- probably more than I should and definitely more than most people (especially when people do shit like this), but I'm glad to hear that your wife nor your daughter nor yourself were harmed. It won't be cheap, but your systems and games can be replaced. It'll be cool.

Rogue Jedi

I'm so angry I could f*cking cry. how many people know about your video game arsenal? and how many of those people do you trust?

and what about your firearms? they secure?

Impediment
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
how many people know about your video game arsenal? and how many of those people do you trust?

and what about your firearms? they secure?

See, that's what I don't get. I have all of this expensive shit (i.e., computers, cameras, firearms) but none, and I mean NONE of those items were taken. Not one item, save for my PS3 and 360 plus the games, was taken.

A number of people have been to my home. It's hard to pinpoint a suspect.

I trust few people, to be honest.

Rogue Jedi
See, that's what I don't get. I have all of this expensive shit (i.e., computers, cameras, firearms) but none, and I mean NONE of those items were taken. Not one item, save for my PS3 and 360 plus the games, were taken.

A number of people have been to my home. It's hard to pinpoint a suspect.

I trust few people, to be honest. well, I dont need to tell you that it sounds like the burglars knew about the gear, I am sure you figured that out.

That sux, Mattie. I hate when bad things happen to good peeps. sad

Impediment
I could cry I'm still so mad.

Will you rub my balls? eyes

Rogue Jedi
rub a dub dub, get in da tub.....John John make it all better. shifty

Impediment
I'm sure that the authorities will start an "investigation" over my case, but I can't expect much, really. I'll probably have to re-buy all of my shit that was taken.

Rogue Jedi
Your shit is gone, dude.

Impediment
True, true.

$1,500. That's a lot of dough.

'Twill be a while before I can get it back.

Outbound
True, true.

'Twill be a while before I can get it back.

Was it insured? Sucks ass, beat the shit out of them if you find out who did it.

Rogue Jedi
True, true.

'Twill be a while before I can get it back. well, if you find out who took it, and you wanna jack them, you know I am only a coupla hours away. wink

Leo.M
Dude that sucks. I'd be very pissed of if my PS3 got stolen or my wii.

If those kids did it and the cops don't do anything, you should grab one of the kids. Scare the crap out of him. I would. I'd be so pissed off.

Hope you get your stuff back.

guy222
I wish u the best, friend

I'm glad no one was hurt

Impediment
well, if you find out who took it, and you wanna jack them, you know I am only a coupla hours away. wink

Don't worry. I'll come to H-Town and recruit your sexy ass to come and pull an "American History X" on the bastards who took my shit.

Originally posted by guy222
I wish u the best, friend

I'm glad no one was hurt

I appreciate your concern, sir.

How's your dad? I hope he's doing better.

DethRose
I know how you feel. I had all of my CDs stolen. do you know how hard it is to find Surf music and Weird Al Yankovic Cds? I'm still trying to get back all of my WAY's. I just have 2 left to go but hey are the hardest to find.

guy222
Don't worry. I'll come to H-Town and recruit your sexy ass to come and pull an "American History X" on the bastards who took my shit.

I appreciate your concern, sir.

How's your dad? I hope he's doing better.

Doin good. He had another procedure. That went well. Chemo will start again next week

Rogue Jedi

I aint gonna shave my head, baby. laughing out loud

Scythe
These type of f*cking gamers piss me off. We've had several occurances down here in Cali of poor ass gamers stealing GTA IV from EB's and Gamestops. Geez, if they're that f*cking poor, how do they manage to play all these games, apparently by stealing them. Keep an eye on who comes over Imp, beat their ass in.

dadudemon
That sucks MAJOR balls, dude.

I would be SOOO pissed if I were you. I WOULD cry. Apart from my family, there is nothing I love more than my electronics.

It was obviously adolescents of some sort. An adult would probably have stolen the Wii because they are harder to come by and better gifts for kids. I can picture some teenage boys napping your 360 and PS3.

If I were you and I found out who did it, IF they were 18 or older...I.would.beat.the.shit.out of them! I HATE thieves!!!!

I'm glad your women weren't hurt...

Most thieves wait until you're gone...no surprise there. You were probably "staked out" before they stole from you because they waited until you were gone. That's creepy.

Scythe
Whatever the case, if they're young-uns, then they're most likely to carry a piece and be reckless, be careful Impy.

TRH
Oh man
That sucks, bastards will do any thing these days, good thing you were away and all the jewelry and etc was not harmed.
and hey,maybe they will find the stuff with the guy who did it.

Syren
hug

No one's given you a hug yet, honey. One for Raeann as well hug

I hope they find the culprit and that you get all of your things back.

Scythe
Man I wish I lived nearby, we'de go street huntin'!

ScarletSpeed
Ahhh dude man, that sucks big time... well if one of your mates suddenly has a new x box and playstation you know who it is no expression

Toku King
That really sucks. Some people are just rotten pieces of shit. I'm terribly sorry.
These people tried to break into my house when I was gone, but had no way to get it(thank God). I think what pissed me off the most, though, was that my neighbor saw them go into my yard but didn't call the police. AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME ABOUT IT UNTIL THE DAY AFTER! Oh, and that's not all: I was informed by someone down the street! So my dumbass neighbors weren't even going to ****ing let me know, but told everyone else!

Kelly_Bean

A prime example of someone who never got their ass spanked (or at least enough) as a kid, lol. I'm sorry Imped. Like everyone else said, I'm thankful that it was that little as opposed to if you were home and they could've been armed.

It had to've been someone you know or are acquainted with in some way. Either that or they're some very retarded people that were just looking for specific things and not wanting anything else valuable that you had lying around.

Impediment
I'm almost certain of who took my shit. I just don't have any proof.

The deputy asked me if, in fact, the culprit is caught, I want to press charges.

I told him to "string that f*cker up by the balls."

I give less than a damn if it's a kid. The little bastard will learn a lesson by going to jail or having to pay a hefty fine.

chillmeistergen
Do you not have contents insurance?

Impediment
Yeah. The deductible is $500. I'm gonna wait and see where my case goes, and, hopefully, the culprit(s) will be found. If not, I'll go with insurance.

Rogue Jedi
I'm almost certain of who took my shit. I just don't have any proof.

The deputy asked me if, in fact, the culprit is caught, I want to press charges.

I told him to "string that f*cker up by the balls."

I give less than a damn if it's a kid. The little bastard will learn a lesson by going to jail or having to pay a hefty fine. how did you find out?

Impediment
how did you find out?

I just know. It's almost like a 6th Sense thing.

chillmeistergen
Ah, yeah the sixth sense of jumping to conclusions.

Impediment
I doubt that.

Kelly_Bean
I just know. It's almost like a 6th Sense thing.
Well it's not like someone could've tidied up and put them away or your daughter hid them or something. It's obvious that it was someone who stole them.

chillmeistergen
I doubt that.

If you're going by a gut feeling or something, that is jumping to a conclusion. You might be right, if you are perhaps you should join the police - I'm sure psychic detectives are in rather short supply.

DethRose
Well, I hope you get your stuff back. If the police catch the person who stole I would definately press charges.

Rogue Jedi
I just know. It's almost like a 6th Sense thing. one of my cousins runs with a gang, he works for beer. laughing

Kayakat

Damn that is messed up!
What kind of loser would do that? geez! I hope they find who did it and that you get your stuff back!

Rogue Jedi
Eet vas zee NARGLES.

Impediment
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
If you're going by a gut feeling or something, that is jumping to a conclusion. You might be right, if you are perhaps you should join the police - I'm sure psychic detectives are in rather short supply.

I'm better than that.

chillmeistergen
Psychic chief investigator?

=Tired Hiker=
Not that you did this Impediment, but a lot of people, when they buy brand new shit, put the boxes out on the curb for the garbage man to collect. That is a great way to tell everyone who passes through your neighborhood, even the garbage man himself, that you have just bought brand new shit. Two weeks ago I was walking my dog, Walker Texas Ranger, down the street behind my house, and I saw an empty box for a brand new 50 inch Panasonic plasma HDTV sitting out in front of my neighbors yard. I was like, "Well, now I know who to rob if I need a 50 inch plasma." F*cking amateurs.

Impediment
I agree, sir. However, I never disposed of my console boxes. I kept them for just such an incident. Unfortunately, my shit got stolen and the boxes seem nil for this occasion.

=Tired Hiker=
I agree, sir. However, I never disposed of my console boxes. I kept them for just such an incident. Unfortunately, my shit got stolen and the boxes seem nil for this occasion.

Yeah, I didn't think you would do that.

chillmeistergen
Who do you reckon it was then Impediment, a local kid?

Kelly_Bean
Sorry Impediment, it was me...erm

=Tired Hiker=
Who do you reckon it was then Impediment, a local kid?

Probably some Nihilists.

chillmeistergen
Very good. Might watch that film tonight actually, haven't seen it in a bit.

=Tired Hiker=
Very good. Might watch that film tonight actually, haven't seen it in a bit.

I just read a book called "I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski." It was written by the achievers who started Lebowski Fest. Pretty entertaining book, especially when they interview the actual guys who influenced Walter, John Goodman's character.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I just read a book called "I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski." It was written by the achievers who started Lebowski Fest. Pretty entertaining book, especially when they interview the actual guys who influenced Walter, John Goodman's character.

Sounds pretty good, I might give it a read.

dadudemon
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Not that you did this Impediment, but a lot of people, when they buy brand new shit, put the boxes out on the curb for the garbage man to collect. That is a great way to tell everyone who passes through your neighborhood, even the garbage man himself, that you have just bought brand new shit. Two weeks ago I was walking my dog, Walker Texas Ranger, down the street behind my house, and I saw an empty box for a brand new 50 inch Panasonic plasma HDTV sitting out in front of my neighbors yard. I was like, "Well, now I know who to rob if I need a 50 inch plasma." F*cking amateurs.

I am a paranoid f*ck....it has its advantages....like you just pointed out.

At least Imps kept the boxes, but it's shitty that he can't find them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.