No more Lex for Smallville.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7155

But DOOMSDAY will be there. eek!

Joint statement from "Smallville" Executive Producers Darren Swimmer, Todd Slavkin, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson; The CW Network; and Warner Bros. Television regarding Michael Rosenbaum's departure from "Smallville":

"It has been an honor and pleasure to work with Michael for the past six seasons. He is one of the best actors on television and has never failed to bring a new layer to the character of Lex Luthor in every episode. While Michael won't be a series regular and we won't have the pleasure of working with him on a weekly basis this fall, we like to think that we haven't seen the last of Lex Luthor. Stay tuned."

Details for Season 8:

Additionally, two new villains will join the cast of characters on "Smallville" this season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won't be Clark's only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

Kento
Aww and Lex was really one of the only good things about Smallville to me. Lex, Ollie, and Bart were the only people I liked. Not that I've had a chance to watch it in forever cause of work and other junk.

smashyou
Try not spoiling anything in the thread title, mod edit please.

steverules
Doomsday in smallville messed something I never thought would happen

zeel
superman vs doomsday sounds awsome.

young clark kent vs doomsday

yuk just dont sound right.

Kento
Would sound better if any of the big fights were ever...entertaining or long. Against Zod or Bizarro the fight was pretty much horrible and over in no time for having to wait until next season to see it.

steverules
It's doomsday so I am hoping for a better fight than the one in the superman cartoon

Mairuzu
Doomsday already..... wow

steverules
Isn't Clark a little under experienced to be taking on doomsday so soon?

ScarletSpeed
Hell Yeah...he can't even fly yet mad but I am interested to see how they portray Doomsdaysmile

and who do you guys think the female villain will be ?smile

I think it could be Cat Woman or Poison Ivy.

steverules
Aren't they batman villains?

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by steverules
Aren't they batman villains?

Yeah...but it is the DC universe after all, just like we have had The Flash in Smallville.

They say they will never bring Bruce Wayne in to Smallville, but they never said anything about Batman Villians, besides I can't think of any hot female Superman villains that would be able to manipulate Supes.

Poison Ivy has the power of persuasion.

steverules
Nope he doesn't have many women that he takes on

Mindship
Doomsday in smallville messed something I never thought would happen
Originally posted by zeel
young clark kent vs doomsday
yuk just dont sound right.
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Doomsday already..... wow
Isn't Clark a little under experienced to be taking on doomsday so soon?
Methinks the appearence of so intense a character could be a sign that Smallville is on its last legs.

steverules
Superman died when he took on doomsday and by that time he was very experienced with his powers, so I think having doomsday is a bad idea. Smallville may be on it's last legs indeed.

GahLakTus
I wonder if somone like Maxima could make an appearance?

Raoul
Originally posted by GahLakTus
I wonder if somone like Maxima could make an appearance?

i was actually about to say that, i think she's a good pick...

but doomsday? good god, what are they thinking... a piss poor clark against a killing machine that killed an experienced superman? they'll be dumbing the monster down, methinks...

Bardock42
How the **** are they going to cast a Doomsday?

Mr Parker
those producers made a huge incorrect statement.as that article shows,next year will be the 8th season of that show,so they have worked with him for "7" years now,not 6.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bardock42
How the **** are they going to cast a Doomsday?

Some teenager with red eyes and roaring out loud?

Mindship
Originally posted by Bardock42
How the **** are they going to cast a Doomsday? Lou Ferrigno's coming out of retirement. flex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.