two things destroyed star wars as we know it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
if star wars could be done over, what would you pick to add/leave out?

my choice=gun guns, and ewoks. make ewoks huge wampa like creatures that brutally destroy both sides, and make gun guns intelligent, more realistically designed creatures that it is actually believeable that they could take out a droid army.

amidalla: Many gunguns may die...
Qui Gonn: YES!! THE FREAKIN tARDS DESERVE IT ALREADY!!!!

vintageSW77
two things?

the words GEORGE and LUCAS

queeq
laughing out loud

He made it and ruined it. Sounds fair enough.

exanda kane
I'm with Vintage.

Jovan
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
and make gun guns intelligent, more realistically designed creatures that it is actually believeable that they could take out a droid army.

They are more believable than freaing ewoks who only had stones and bows and arrows... oh yeah and a few tree logs... At least the gungans had a bit more development in their army like shields... after those went down, they got bitchslapped anyway

chik4lit
The gungans didn't take out the droid army, did they? They wre about to surrender when the control ship was blown up.

Jovan
yeah thus they're more believable than some teddybears with stones and sticks beating a legion of the empire's best troops

truejedi
wasn't that supposed to be the 501st?

Tangible God
Take away the Gungans inherent speech impediment and they're cartoony, kid-friendly look.

Make the Ewoks more Wookieish without the high-pitched voices, the cute cuddly look, and give 'em some vibroblades or something.

Lord Knightfa11
well, i can understand the rebellion strike team getting a little help from the ewoks in the way of food, supplies, scouting teams, and knowledge of terrain, but, they should DEFENITELY not have given them the ability to take out an AT-ST I read a comic where they were bloodthirsty vengeful creatures that would lure 1 trooper away from camp at a time, and then kill him and eat him. Also in star wars infinities, they were a wild animal that attacked both sides. but we all know how cannon THAT is....

Lord Knightfa11
The gunguns are a racial slur against africans. The way they talk is so close to the southern/black speach, and then they walk like the ghetto gangbangers. ANd then George lucas had to make them stupid. THAT IS A RACIAL SLUR!!! Hello? does anyone else see the insult to a few cultures? The GunGuns could have been an intelligent, cunning race, instead of stupid people that were a racial slur against good american people.

Jovan
The gunguns are a racial slur against africans. The way they talk is so close to the southern/black speach, and then they walk like the ghetto gangbangers. ANd then George lucas had to make them stupid. THAT IS A RACIAL SLUR!!! Hello? does anyone else see the insult to a few cultures? The GunGuns could have been an intelligent, cunning race, instead of stupid people that were a racial slur against good american people.
No I don't. I guess I'm not seeing racism on every corner and in every phrase.
Kids and mentaly deranged have speech problems, so what? Southern/black speach sounds different, so what?
Y'know if he made the gungans smart some other guys would complain he was a racist because now the whites weren't that smart. It's not cause the guy that played him was black, the gungans are black. Vader's voice is from James Earl Jones but a white dude plays him.

Schecter
Originally posted by vintageSW77
two things?

the words GEORGE and LUCAS

this post is made of pure win

exanda kane
Gungans werent the first things that could be intepreted as a racial slur. Who didn't get a medal?

Alliance
Put George in lead of the Creative Committee.

Tangible God
The Neimodians were cowardly businessmen with an Asian accent.

The Gungans were primitive freaks with gangly arms and floppy heads, with a Rastafarian accent.

Watto was a petty slaveowner and dishonest junk dealer with a gambling addiction who owned an Eastern European accent.

Jango and Boba are ruthless bounty hunters, with the clones being just as ruthless without emotion, all with Australian accents.

The Imperials are typically totalitarian, structured, proper and despotic, most with British accents.

Most of the main good guys are typically American accented.

People with nothing important to b*tch and complain about point out how Star Wars is a racist science-fiction space opera.

exanda kane
They kiwi's mate.

Tangible God
toMAYto toMAHto.

exanda kane
Racist bastard.

queeq
Quite.

Lord Knightfa11
lmao..... Well that sux, i guess lando did deserve a medal. I think the medals were only for the characters whe appeared throughout all III ot movies....

queeq
Chewie never got one.

Lord Knightfa11
didn't he get one in anh?

Tangible God
Nope. Still just wearing his bandolier.

steverules
He gets the last line of the film...thats what the actor who played him pointed out

Lord Knightfa11
hmm. he is kind of an animal before tehy had all the eu and then episode III to make his kind more intelligent and sophisticated, and not just big bears with a primitive language. Maybe they considered him an animal?

queeq
Originally posted by steverules
He gets the last line of the film...thats what the actor who played him pointed out

So he gets to roar while the others get a medal. Sounds like racism to me.

steverules
Originally posted by queeq
So he gets to roar while the others get a medal. Sounds like racism to me.

The guy who plays him seemed rather satisfied with it...besides if they gave Chewie a medal he'd probably try and it or use it as a chew toy...he might even try and bury it

exanda kane
That's another racial slur. Wookies are not dogs. They have rights too.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules
The guy who plays him seemed rather satisfied with it...

Someone PLAYED Chewbacca???!! What are you saying, Chewie's not real??!! INFIDEL!!!

Lord Knightfa11
i dont think it can be racism if your racist against a surreal race like wookies..

chik4lit
I think the term is specist.

Lord Knightfa11
w/e

Captain REX
Okay, so basically, there is no racism in Star Wars. Not deliberately. That's trying too hard.

As for Gungans (not gun guns) and Ewoks, I could care less. It's how George wanted to do it, so be it.

Lord Knightfa11
doesnt stop them from being stupid.

queeq
Amen.

Schecter
i think ewoks are racist against italians

Lord Knightfa11
Anything else new?

queeq
Prolly not.

Lord Knightfa11
thought not. Now im going to ramble about eu and get this thread closed. thank me later.

queeq
I will. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
did you know that in cutscene numer 23 variation B if you play the female with the bun in the back and are wearing a grey jedi knights robe, a bug appears that ACTUALLY makes your mom look fatter then she is?

queeq
huh?

Lord Knightfa11
haha he doesnt get it.

unfortunately, im not going to ramble incomprehensibly about eu anymore, for fear of banning !

Schecter
ban him anyway

Lord Knightfa11
awww....

queeq
Originally posted by Schecter
ban him anyway

Good point. Better safe than sorry. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
:/

queeq
Hehehe

Lord Knightfa11
as i said somewhere else, i will come back with sock after sock and haunt you for forever MWUAHAHAHA

queeq
As I said somewhere: I have the mod manual.

Lord Knightfa11
:I

queeq
evil face

Lord Knightfa11
Indeed.

queeq
Good... now back in your doghouse.

Lord Knightfa11
Grrr. *bites hand off of queeq*

queeq
*laughs becaue of use of hand armour*

*slaps dog senseless*

Lord Knightfa11
dog picks up the phone and dials the ASPCA (hey, this is the dog who can log into a forum, socialize, debate, and knows what the word "convey" means, don't think he can't talk on the phone as well.)

queeq
Blowing your own trumpet?

BetrayedUnicorn
Jar jar binks...chairI hate him with such a passion.

queeq
And all you use is a chair?

Lord Knightfa11
Blowing your own trumpet?

got a problem with that?

queeq
You want an honest answer? evil face

Lord Knightfa11
i don't care.

queeq
Neither do I.

GahLakTus
Maybe you lovers should get a room?

Jbill311
I have two:

Midichlorians

Hayden Christensen

Lord Knightfa11
well they had to have one way to sense how powerful anakin was scientifically. that is what midichlorions are for.

queeq
*sigh* Unfortunately.

GahLakTus
1. Padme somehow not ageing - and falling for Anakin despite him looking like a 5 yr old in ep 1 - Paedo

2. Ewoks - Lucas running out of ideas and decides to cut Wookies in half and somehow give them the ability to take down an elite imperial storm troopers.

Theres plenty more - these 2 sprang to mind first.

queeq
Sounds fair.

Tangible God
Now that I think about it, the OT problems are of bigger impact, what with the OT being naturally superior in the first place.

1. The ewoks... I don't blame them, but their billionaire creator is certainly at fault for appealing to children. In fact, the entire battle on Endor kinda blew (in hindsight, it's great if you don't think about it). That's ON Endor by the way, I liked all the stuff in space above it.

2. That would be the only beef I have with the OT, had Lucas not developed the Special Edition. Out of the extra add-ons: Han not shooting first, Boba's voice, the CGI of Mos Eisley, and those BASTARD vocalists in Jabba's palace. I don't count Hayden being thrown in there as a ghost to be a problem, it means no nevermind to me.

sweersa
How could anyone not like the Ewoks? They are perhaps the cutest sentient bears in the galaxy!

I thought it was realistic (for Star Wars) by how the Ewoks utilized brains and tools against the stupid Stormtroopers.

Please don't tell me you never felt like crying when that one Ewok was shot and his friend was checking on his poor buddy..what a tear jerker...

queeq
Awweee...

Or the cutesie Ewok baby....

I'm no Ewok fan, but I don't mind them that much. JarJar as a tool to please kids was a far greater offense IMHO.

sweersa
Awweee...

Or the cutesie Ewok baby....

I'm no Ewok fan, but I don't mind them that much. JarJar as a tool to please kids was a far greater offense IMHO.

When I was younger I would pause on the baby Ewok because it was so cute!!

Yeah, I think they should have toned Jar Jar down a bit...

queeq
A bit? laughing out loud

GahLakTus
At least it was slightly more feasible with the Gungans taking out a small army - not the Ewoks who took out in the Emperors own words "my best troops" on Endor with sticks and stones.

The only reason I cried was because I couldn't believe Lucas put Ewoks in ROTJ in the first place. Very nearly ruined the whole movie for me.

Little sh1ts!!

Jovan
but the gungans didn't take it out! they hid behind their shields and then they sent in some cavalry and when the shield was done they flet. They won becase the droids powered down... the ewoks won without fleeing and having luck; that is the problem

queeq
Plus... they had a moment of advantage due to JarJar's clumsiness.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Jovan
but the gungans didn't take it out! they hid behind their shields and then they sent in some cavalry and when the shield was done they flet. They won becase the droids powered down... the ewoks won without fleeing and having luck; that is the problem

Agreed but their assault was a little more believable as they actually had weapons, shield and a relatively small organised army.

The Ewoks seemingly went into battle mode with no notice - and won with sticks and stones....STICKS AND FKING STONES!!!

Somone should have dabbled some rat poison on that food bar Leia gives to the little ****

Ok I feel much better now. smile

queeq
Good... now we can continue.

Jovan
Originally posted by GahLakTus
Agreed but their assault was a little more believable as they actually had weapons, shield and a relatively small organised army.

The Ewoks seemingly went into battle mode with no notice - and won with sticks and stones....STICKS AND FKING STONES!!!

Somone should have dabbled some rat poison on that food bar Leia gives to the little ****

you are right in that smile The ewoks also had spears I believe stick out tongue and treelogs; but that wouldn't explain beating the stormtroopers

sweersa

Don't forget about the Rebels that helped them.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by sweersa
Don't forget about the Rebels that helped them.

They were heavily outnumbered by the storm troopers - and had pretty limited weaponry.

sweersa
They were heavily outnumbered by the storm troopers - and had pretty limited weaponry.

They had camouflage and long range rifles while the Stormtroopers had blasters and wore almost all white.

The Ewoks are also obviously familar with the enviornment as the Stormtroopers are not.

GahLakTus
They had camouflage and long range rifles while the storm troopers had blasters and wore almost all white.

They were also some of the Emperors best troops - and don't forget the Imperial walkers whose fire power alone should have wiped those bloody Ewoks out.

queeq
It's juts an overidealised battle, folks.

Lord Knightfa11
they should have given the storm troopers camo variant armor like in rots kashykk.

queeq
Errr..... right.

Tangible God
The Gungans suck too, but at least their small, semi-organized army with primitive plasma technology was actually DEFEATED.

The Teddy Bears armed with STICK AND F*CKING STONES are the ones who did the defeating of the "best troops."

sweersa
Common, Han Solo and Chewbacca were also among the Ewoks! Not to mention the AT-ST Chewie and friends stole and used to kick some Imperial butt.

They didn't even see it coming.

Lord Knightfa11
lol you are just a hardcore star wars fan, arencha?

sweersa
Yup :-)

Lord Knightfa11
that could be a complement or an insult.

queeq
In here we call it a compliment. As long as he doesn't start dressing up like a Jedi.

Bardock42
laughing out loud

He made it and ruined it. Sounds fair enough. Too true.

queeq
Yes.

Lord Knightfa11
In here we call it a compliment. As long as he doesn't start dressing up like a Jedi.

I coreograph an occaisional lightsaber fight.

GahLakTus
*takes off his Jedi robe....* embarrasment

sweersa
I coreograph an occaisional lightsaber fight.

One time we filmed it and put it on youtube.

It was for fun so please don't make fun of it :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQR_XTmUVYg

(School project btw)

Lord Knightfa11
im happy to see that i make the best videos out of anyone on this forum stick out tongue

queeq
So Sweersa is Dutch...
Why didn't you animate the lightsabres?

Sidi-Boy
Thing One- Hayden Christensen. He made Anakin aka Mr. Moronic Emo sound like a bored teenager.

Thing Two- Ewoks. At least the Gungans were genuinely amusing, and were actually defeated- while the ewoks, beings who can't even talk in basic, beat the Empire's best troops (the 501st, no?)

You people who say "George Lucas ruined Star wars lol"... well, to be honest, I think it's kind of stupid to ***** about the person who, without him, none of us would be here. He's the one we should thank for having Star Wars, not ***** about him.

sweersa
So Sweersa is Dutch...
Why didn't you animate the lightsabres?

The person who directed that "movie" wanted "Sword Fight" in dutch for whatever reason, thus it is "Zwaard Strijd" lol

But I do happen to be half Dutch (Born and raised in the US) :-P

I actually had to try really hard to convince the "Director" to have a lightsaber, he let me do one. To rotoscope the other sword to have a lightsaber effect would have taken me twice as long anyways and we didn't have the time as it was a typical rushed school project.

Lets just say it was a sword protected by magic or something and thats why it couldn't be cut by my lightsaber! Now I sound like an EU author, hahaha.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Sidi-Boy
You people who say "George Lucas ruined Star wars lol"... well, to be honest, I think it's kind of stupid to ***** about the person who, without him, none of us would be here. He's the one we should thank for having Star Wars, not ***** about him.

not at all
the Star Wars of today isnt the Star Wars that ended in 83
hes ruined the vibe that was Star Wars year after year since
3 years on after the release of ROTS and nearly 10 since TPM its quite easy to cast the PT aside as if they were just a bunch of bad dreams

and quite a few of us have

JOIN US!

queeq
Give yourself to the Dark Side...

Lord Knightfa11
no! ill never join you! you killed my father!

sweersa
Sometimes you can't show an old dog new tricks. lol

IMO both trilogies have their ups and downs. I personally enjoy all six Star Wars films.

I am only upset a tad at GL for not having Qui-Gon in episodes 2 and 3, and for not doing a Sequel Trilogy with the original cast...

The end of ROTJ seemed like we were just getting the tip of the iceberg of what was yet to have come.

Oh well, gotta accept things as they are.

Lord Knightfa11
really, so you want a movie based on DE? thats misguided.

sweersa
Whats DE?

Lord Knightfa11
o, sorry. EU.

sweersa
o, sorry. EU.

Its cool. I don't want a movie based on the EU. I just wish GL could make three movies about how the Jedi Order is rebuilt, and such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequel_trilogy

~JP~
Jar Jar Binks and Fanboys

QUEEQ! eek!

see ya in another 6 months baby wink

queeq
*gasps*

JP!!!!! The love of my life!!!

Lord Knightfa11
the gender is "unspecified" but then, so is yours. Am i supposed to assume you are male?

sweersa
Queeq is located in JP's bed...

I always wondered what that meant.

Lord Knightfa11
me 2

queeq
Queeq is located in JP's bed...

I always wondered what that meant.

I thought it was pretty obvious.

sweersa
I thought it was pretty obvious.

Is she your wife?

Sesse
Is she your wife?

Thou shalt not imply our brothel would have committed an act of permarital sex?!?!

Thy accusations are without root and thou would be wise not to talk any further.

queeq
What's Sesse been smoking?

sweersa
What's Sesse been smoking?

Who knows. Is she JP really your wife Queeq?

queeq
Whatcha think?

sweersa
Whatcha think?

Yes. I think that is so. But I still don't know for sure as you didn't tell us yet.

6 months? Are either of you in the service?

queeq
Service???? What the... ?

Jack Daniels
priestess is married to queeq???!!!...I missed that!!!!!!!!!! was it a milk bar hosted wedding? were drinks free?

Lord Knightfa11
no. *slap*. Drinks are never free. Unless they are on me. Have a correlian ale.

sweersa
Service???? What the... ?

Service = Military. Sorry.

Jack Daniels
no. *slap*. Drinks are never free. Unless they are on me. Have a correlian ale.

ouch.....drinks use to be free now and then?...thanks for the romulan ale though!...I mean correlian...hehe evil face

Lord Knightfa11
its correllian.
Any romulan ale I give you is a micky.

Jack Daniels
you mean the wide mouth green bottled beer? Ill drink that...beer

Lord Knightfa11
micky finn. it'l knock you on your butt and you die... just cause its romulans and IIII HAAATEEE STAAAAR TREEEEKKKK!!!!!!

queeq
Service = Military. Sorry.

I know... it still doesn't make sense.

Sith Master X

Lord Knightfa11
whats up wih all these retards who are on topic?

Jack Daniels
sith master needs a drink

sweersa
I know... it still doesn't make sense.

Umm, you said you were away from JP for like 6 months. I assumed you were connected to her in some way, and 6 months is a long time. I figured the Military would be a good reason to be away from a loved one for so long.

On the other hand, if you would be so kind as to just tell us that would be appreciated if you so desire to do so.

Sith Master X
whats up wih all these retards who are on topic?

That's mature of you to call other people retards over the internet.

And trust me, when I first joined these forums 4 years ago, you had your head sewn to the carpet if you weren't on topic.

sweersa
Originally posted by Sith Master X

And trust me, when I first joined these forums 4 years ago, you had your head sewn to the carpet if you weren't on topic.

Your avatar matches your sig.

Thats BA.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Sith Master X

at least you arent having a hard time containing your anger.

But this isn't four years aggo stick out tongue THis is now.

With that in mind:
Queeq, whats your favorite beer?

queeq
Depends on the mood. I drink mainly Dutch beer (since I am Dutch), preferably Grolsch, Amstel or Brand... but then the heavier Belgian beers from monasteries are welcome changes.

Umm, you said you were away from JP for like 6 months. I assumed you were connected to her in some way, and 6 months is a long time. I figured the Military would be a good reason to be away from a loved one for so long.

On the other hand, if you would be so kind as to just tell us that would be appreciated if you so desire to do so.

laughing

Jack Daniels
I love Grolsch!!!!! beer is my fav green bottled beer ever!!!!! they quit selling in my area for awhile I whined to local stores and they ended getting it back....sunday is my beer and hotwings day Im buying a 2 pack on sunday since you brought it up! Queeq knows his brew! I knew there was a reason you were so kewl!

queeq
There are many reasons... hehehe.

Jack Daniels
2 sundays in a row and no grolsch...truly sux.....waiting for them to order em....manager said he would...waiting....smoker impatiently...lol

queeq
You should move to another country. The export stuff is somewhat more watery than the local brew anyway.

sweersa

laughing

You are killing me here buddy.

queeq
I know. evil face

Jack Daniels
I had a grolsch 2 pack finally! darn stuff is higher priced than before though....$8.99!!!!!!!!!!!! although everything is going up so no surprise for the increase...thank goodness queeq's place doesnt charge tax..lol..!!!

queeq
2 pack for $8,99???? What a rip-off.

Lord Knightfa11
Hmm. Ill have to see about the emperor about the tax thing in the milk bar. you know hes not as forgiving as i am...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>