The very best of old school punk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
What are your opinions?Your favorites?Your defintion of the genre?Just thought id post a topic for us since most of this forum is dominated by hip hop and metal.Get at me!

jaden101
out of personal opinion rather than what's considered critically great i would go for black flag

red g jacks
my vote = stooges. but punks not my thing so half those bands im not that familiar with

ragesRemorse
im more fond of modern Punk, but id say the stooges or the dead kennedy's

Deathblow
I'm a massive fan of all of those apart from Sex Pistols and The Misfits, but personal favourites would be The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Circle Jerks, Minor Threat, NOFX and maybe Crass.

Alpha Centauri
Minor Threat.

-AC

slasherpunk18
NOFX are pretty good,as far as modern punk goes,Pennywise is a good band.I loved all of their "From the Ashes" album.I can't believe I forgot to put Bad Religion on there though,theyre one of my favs.

MildPossession
The Clash for me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by MildPossession
The Clash for me. Same

RedAlertv2
Personal favorite is the Dead Kennedys. As far as who is the best, I would say if not DK, then either the Clash or Minor Threat.

ragesRemorse
The dead pets, Rancid (or lars frederksen and the bastards) Deathbed repentence,Subhumans, Street Dogs, Mustard plug, operation ivy, streetlight manifesto and darkbuster are the punk bands that generally fill my listening ears lately.

Impediment
The Ramones and Sex Pistols.

ragesRemorse
punk rock christmas and its a wonderful world kick ass

slasherpunk18
Rancid is a great band.I still havent heard Lars's side project though but i've heard theyre awesome.

ragesRemorse
Lars Frederiksen and the bastards produced some very fine punk over two albums. You should definitely give the two albums a listen if you are a fan of melodic punk like Rancid. Is Rancid's new album still releasing in June?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDoe3PuLL0

backdoorman
Out of those listed on the poll, The Stooges are easily the best but I'm not sure I would classify them as old school punk. Dead Kennedys and The Clash are also among the better ones on the list.

magic_hate_ball
DK, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Flipper, Circle Jerks, Minutemen and Misfits do it for me big grin

ragesRemorse
nice sig, magic

magic_hate_ball
thanks big grin

Otus
Hmm, The Ramones is amazing. But like many others said, Rancid is awesome too. From the list, The Ramones, but I like Rancid as much or even more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.