Obi-Wan: Gifted Telekinisest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
Does Obi-Wan kenobi have a better ability to perform force leaps than many of the other Jedi? In TPM, we see him make two leaps that are never rivaled by any other Jedi in the entire saga.

Is it possible he had a special strength in this area? Anakin's Highest leap on Mustafar was not anywhere close to that of Padawan Kenobi's Naboo leaps. Maybe Jaden Korr has a similar leap in the JA game, BUT i don't think you can count that, since the dark-siders in that game seemed to have infinite leaping abilites, almost more like flight.

Anyone know anywhere else in star wars canonicity that it would support such a view?

Captain REX
I find it hard to believe that Kenobi has the bestest best leap of all of Star Wars.

Tangible God
Originally posted by truejedi
Anyone know anywhere else in star wars canonicity that it would support such a view? How 'bout Mace doin his thang in the Clone Wars cartoons?

Lord Knightfa11
in clone wars 3d trailer, i saw some guy (not too sure, the clone war characters look nothing like the movie characters) jumping from speeder bike to speeder bike taking out droids.

anakin makes a greater jump in rots. When the big tower thing was sinking over the lava waterfalls, he jumped all the way from the sinking tower thing onto a tiny little droid's head. check out at about 6:00 minutes in this youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAw-k6wVaRQ&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=mustafar+fight&hl=en&sitesearch=

i believe it is longer and taller then the force jump ob1 did.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah but Anakin just jumped straight outward, and then landed. He didn't actually jump high like Obi-Wan did. Obi-Wan jumped up at least 60 or 70 feet straight up. Almost vertically.

Lord Knightfa11
hmm. anakin jumped nigh on 15 lightsabers high there. Thats 45 feet. He then jumped what looks to be 10+ lightsabers long. Thats 40 feet. the white and black lines on the edges of catwalks on naboo where they fought look to be about 1 lightsaber blade long for every 2 lines. using these white and black lines as measurement, it looks to be that kenobi's arc's height was about 9 lightsabers high. this makes it closer to 36 feet, not 60. look for yourself. in this youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRe5YVnX8QI&feature=related
pause at 1:15 to compare the size of the lightsabers to the lines on the edges of the catwalk. pause at 1:37 to see a good view of where obi wan was in proportion to where he jumped too. In mustafar, i simply used the measurement of the size of the lightsabers to tell how far they jumped.

this assumes that human implemented lightsabers are 4 feet long. I would have to say anakin jumped higher then obi wan, and you must realize that the platform that he jumped off of was sinking, and was below the edge of the lava..

Captain REX
That was Anakin jumping from STAP to STAP in the Clone Wars trailer.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
in clone wars 3d trailer, i saw some guy (not too sure, the clone war characters look nothing like the movie characters) jumping from speeder bike to speeder bike taking out droids. you mean this?

Captain REX
Mhm.

Lord Knightfa11
k. unfortunately that is too hard to tell how far the staps are for me to make an estimation.

Captain REX
I don't think that matters much, really. I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that Kenobi is in now way special in regards to Jedi jumps.

Lord Knightfa11
yea. i could probably find something better in e.u. somewhere as well.

truejedi
k, sounds convincing. we can now, i guess, assume anakin just blew his jump when kenobi cut him down, because otherwise he should have easily been able to jump over him based on previous leaps.

Lord Knightfa11
yea i mean, wtf? he could have flipped 20 feet above obi wan's head and then landed on the other side, turned around, cut him in half, and threw him in the lava! (sound familliar?)

Captain REX
I'm guessing he was trying to land near Kenobi to get past his defensive guard and cut him down quickly, rather than giving Kenobi time to react and reposition himself according to how high Anakin jumped. You have to remember, it takes time to jump and to come back down; in the time that Anakin would have spent coming back down from a ridiculously high jump, Kenobi could have repositioned himself so that Anakin would just land on his lightsaber.

Jumping super high to defeat your enemies may work in Jedi Outcast, but that's pretty much the only place.

Lord Knightfa11
that=speculation. he could have also just... not jumped and rode the platfom along and force kenobi to jump big grin

Blue_Hefner
How is jumping part of telekinesis? Anyway, I'm pretty sure Yoda jumped higher in the Senate than Obi-wan did on Naboo

Lord Knightfa11
higher jumps in star wars have been established. In a cutscene in jedi academy, jaden jumps higher to confront roshpaininthe@#$%@

truejedi
telekinesis is moving something through the force. and the jedi move themselves through the force. The only leap that got me thinking about it, was pretty much that one to the next platform. It seemed incredibly unproportional to some of the other jumps we get.

Lord Knightfa11
aye. he could have tried force powering obi wan/running somewhere else, forcing obi wan to follow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.