galactus and his heralds vs. odin, thanos, tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
who would win?

depowered tyrant.

every herald that has been a herald of galactus in the real marvel world.

galactus has just eaten earth.

celestialdemon
Galactus solos them while the heralds watch in awe.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Galactus solos them while the heralds watch in awe. QFT, galan in an absolute stomp.

fangirl101
Originally posted by celestialdemon Galactus solos them while the heralds watch in awe. i don't know about that. odin or tyrant on thier own would give galactus some trouble. how can he solo all three?

The Illuminati
I'll go with a full powered G-man for the win.

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Utrigita
I take that Real marvel world means no alternate reality heralds correct.

Either Way Galactus ftw.

Jugglenaut
Odin is THE skyfather, and all the skyfathers combined with their pantheons' powers put into the Asgardian Destroyer only cut off a Celestial's arm before it got vaporized in one shot?
Galactus should be equal to at least one Celestial, if not multiple ones, or even all of them.

Thanos has been shown to < Odin, so without tech (read: shields) and prep, he gets vaporized in a second.

celestialdemon
A just fed Galactus would be able to handle Odin no problem. Galactus was treating depowered Tyrant like a child in their second fight until he made the mistake of using his tech. And we all know how easily Galan brought Thanos to his knees.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Jugglenaut Odin is THE skyfather, and all the skyfathers combined with their pantheons' powers put into the Asgardian Destroyer only cut off a Celestial's arm before it got vaporized in one shot?Galactus should be equal to at least one Celestial, if not multiple ones, or even all of them.Thanos has been shown to < Odin, so without tech (read: shields) and prep, he gets vaporized in a second. what do you mean odin is THE skyfather? is he more powerful than any other skyfather? like zeus? or mephisto? or anyone who leads other gods? and since when is galactus equal to multiple celestials? that would put them way under where i thought they were.

Nihilist
galactus

quanchi112
A just fed Galactus would be able to handle Odin no problem. Galactus was treating depowered Tyrant like a child in their second fight until he made the mistake of using his tech. And we all know how easily Galan brought Thanos to his knees. His first energy blast actually powered up Tyrant. Tyrant had him on the ropes and Galactus had time to prep and feed before the fight. Tyrant can beat Galactus and if not for Morg's interference he would have.

psycho gundam
who cares, earth seems like the ultimate planet in the universe so it can be argued that he would get more power from eating it.

nevertheless, galactus is fully fed and the team assembled gets vaporized, maybe thanos doesn't die but the fight is one sided to say the least.

plus galactus can problably reabsorb all the power cosmic from his heralds to further amp.

janus77
Galactus ftw.

Utrigita
Lets remember the fact that Tyrant only absorbed the energy after having felt the pain of Galactus attack yet Galactus didn't use it again, furthermore Tyrant said that he could change Galactus energybased attacks into biosphere energy the very thought of that Galactus couldn't do the same towards Tyrant is inlogical furthermore Galactus who have showed that all his tech is nothing next to what he can produce with his own power he could drain Tyrant without even getting near his tech. And both had time to prep.

GahLakTus
Wtf Galactus and every single herald he has ever had is overkill.

Please - Odin, Thanos and Tyrant should stick to fighting each other which are at least feasible fights.

Bentley
Originally posted by fangirl101
i don't know about that. odin or tyrant on thier own would give galactus some trouble. how can he solo all three?

No, Galactus owns Tyrant and Odin, the one way Tyrant can even hope to slow Galactus down is using his tech against him or being full powered. If Galan wanted to destroy them they would die.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
No, Galactus owns Tyrant and Odin, the one way Tyrant can even hope to slow Galactus down is using his tech against him or being full powered. If Galan wanted to destroy them they would die.
seems odd that odin, can fight surtur who can form a sword out of galaxies but can't put up a good fight with galactus who regulary gets his ass handed him. even fed i don't see how he could steam roll either odin or tyrant.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Lets remember the fact that Tyrant only absorbed the energy after having felt the pain of Galactus attack yet Galactus didn't use it again, furthermore Tyrant said that he could change Galactus energybased attacks into biosphere energy the very thought of that Galactus couldn't do the same towards Tyrant is inlogical furthermore Galactus who have showed that all his tech is nothing next to what he can produce with his own power he could drain Tyrant without even getting near his tech. And both had time to prep. Both did have time to prep. We saw that Tyrant learned from his earlier battle with Galactus. He countered everyone of his attacks. He made the mighty Galactus bleed.

I really dont see how anyone could say Galactus was winning.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by quanchi112
His first energy blast actually powered up Tyrant. Tyrant had him on the ropes and Galactus had time to prep and feed before the fight. Tyrant can beat Galactus and if not for Morg's interference he would have.

Yeah, we've done this dance before, and you haven't convinced me of anything.

quanchi112
what do you mean odin is THE skyfather? is he more powerful than any other skyfather? like zeus? or mephisto? or anyone who leads other gods? and since when is galactus equal to multiple celestials? that would put them way under where i thought they were. Odin is the most powerful skyfather out there. Who would you say is more powerful?

Utrigita
Both did have time to prep. We saw that Tyrant learned from his earlier battle with Galactus. He countered everyone of his attacks. He made the mighty Galactus bleed.

I really dont see how anyone could say Galactus was winning.

Yes Tyrant only planned his revenge for what a couple of thousands years. The One energyblast from Galactus which hurted Tyrant, the one Attempt from Galactus to rip him apart which Galactus quickly abandoned, and Tyrant being hooked up to Galactus machine, that's what he countered, Draining Tyrant as a feat that Galactus could have accomplished himself.

I wasn't saying Galactus was winning what I'm saying is that in a PIS free environment then imo Galactus would win against DP Tyrant.

psycho gundam
odin and thanos are a non-factor, and a full power galan w/all 616 heralds vs a de-powered tyrant is spite to the max.

Ouallada
what do you mean odin is THE skyfather? is he more powerful than any other skyfather? like zeus? or mephisto? or anyone who leads other gods? and since when is galactus equal to multiple celestials? that would put them way under where i thought they were.

Odin is THE skyfather because he is, as you mentioned, the most powerful entity on skyfather level. More powerful than Zeus. More powerful than Shiva. Meph is not a skyfather. Don't let the PIS fool you on that.

Team 1 wins this fairly easily, but I go by G at his average levels, and there is little chance that G at his average levels is going to solo team 2.

Edit: Didn't see the Earth caveat. It is possible that G solos team 2 then.

fangirl101
Odin is the most powerful skyfather out there. Who would you say is more powerful? saying odin is the most pwoerful skyfather out there means nothing to me. is he more powerful than zeus? can he beat shazam? is he more powerful than yugah khan? what about dc odin? the point is, i don't see odin being steam rolled by galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
odin and thanos are a non-factor, and a full power galan w/all 616 heralds vs a de-powered tyrant is spite to the max. Odin and Thanos crush the heralds while Tyrant takes on Galactus by himself. Odin has already proven he can oneshot the Surfer. Thanos is above any herald by a huge margin as well. The heralds are the nonfactors.

quanchi112
saying odin is the most pwoerful skyfather out there means nothing to me. is he more powerful than zeus? can he beat shazam? is he more powerful than yugah khan? what about dc odin? the point is, i don't see odin being steam rolled by galactus. He is more powerful than all of the above that you just named.

In an earlier thread you said that feats determine your power level yet you spit out dc Odin who has done slim to nothing on panel other than say hes afraid of Darkseid whose been punked by Superman.

What feats does Shazam have? Name some of Zeus. Yuga can be defeated by someone with Darkseid power and up which is Odin for sure.

Ouallada
Odin and Thanos crush the heralds while Tyrant takes on Galactus by himself. Odin has already proven he can oneshot the Surfer. Thanos is above any herald by a huge margin as well. The heralds are the nonfactors.

In seriousness, depowered Tyrant isn't going to beat G.

As far as heralds being non-factors goes, the Asgardian Destroyer may have something to say about that.

Bentley
Odin and Thanos crush the heralds while Tyrant takes on Galactus by himself. Odin has already proven he can oneshot the Surfer. Thanos is above any herald by a huge margin as well. The heralds are the nonfactors.

Galactus pulls the Ultimate Nullifier...

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ouallada

As far as heralds being non-factors goes, the Asgardian Destroyer may have something to say about that.

the destoyer is a non factor. odin simply removes it's enchantment.

quanchi112

As far as heralds being non-factors goes, the Asgardian Destroyer may have something to say about that. He was winning their battle. Was he not? Ill tell you one thing Odin and Thanos will make short work of the heralds and it will be three on one in no time.

quanchi112
Galactus pulls the Ultimate Nullifier... He would need it.

Utrigita

When have Odin ever showed that he can simply removes the enchanments from the Destroyer, since it wasn't Odin alone that forged the Destroyer.

Ouallada

The same enchantment that Odin neglected to remove everytime it was used by Loki, Lorelei, trolls and Sif? Let me know if I'm missing something.

fangirl101
When have Odin ever showed that he can simply removes the enchanments from the Destroyer, since it wasn't Odin alone that forged the Destroyer.
fine. odin simply bfr's the destroyer.

Utrigita
fine. odin simply bfr's the destroyer.

Highly unlikely since the Destroyer by using the PC can transport itself right back, ore SS can fetch it ore Galactus can teleport it back, ergo teleport is not going to work.

Bentley
He would need it.

I was just proving he cannot lose this battle. Also, Galactus can oneshot Watchers while weak and destroy galaxies on a whim. Odin and Thanos are not factor and we already know how it goes between Galan and Tyrant.

(As a matter of fact, you may know that DP Tyrant stands for "Depowered Tyrant", guess who beat him when "powered"wink

Ouallada
He was winning their battle. Was he not? Ill tell you one thing Odin and Thanos will make short work of the heralds and it will be three on one in no time.

Circumstances. One-sided prep for millenia helps, as I am sure you will understand, being a fan of Thanos and all. G already beat Tyrant at full power, and replicating the same circumstances, which is the case in this fight, would take DP Tyrant, and easier than before.

Ouallada
Highly unlikely since the Destroyer by using the PC can transport itself right back, ore SS can fetch it ore Galactus can teleport it back, ergo teleport is not going to work.

And especially not on some of the most versatile characters in comicdom.

nimbus006

Quan, it's understandable that you have preferences for certain characters, but your bias is truly evident in almost all your arguments. You consistently compare feats that are completely out of context, and present conclusions which are usually incorrect.

In one thread, you claim Galactus would destroy the Anti-monitor, and in another you have Tyrant taking him on all by himself. You seem to totally disregard the fact that he has just fed on earth, a considerably important fact under the circumstances.

True, Thanos is above any ONE herald, but could he face five or six and win? Furthermore, Odin will not be putting heralds down simply because he and Tyrant will need to focus all their attention on Galactus considering his recent feeding, that is.

The Illuminati
The same enchantment that Odin neglected to remove everytime it was used by Loki, Lorelei, trolls and Sif? Let me know if I'm missing something.

stick out tongue

I guess so.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by nimbus006

True, Thanos is above any ONE herald, but could he face five or six and win? Furthermore, Odin will not be putting heralds down simply because he and Tyrant will need to focus all their attention on Galactus considering his recent feeding, that is.

Agreed, cloud. DP Tyrant >>>> a combination of herald-level characters that would give Thanos a hard time, at the absolute least.

Thanos is really the non-factor here.

I can't remember the number of shields Thanos activated against Odin, it may not have been stated and I don't have the rest of the scans on this machine:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5057/warlock2520pt9.th.jpg

Here Thanos activates all his shields

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7062/thanos0508si6.th.jpg

and gets ravaged by an irate galactus, who fires a slightly more powerful blast than the usual nonchalant one he's accustomed to using ("never before have I had to so exert myself in order to pierce a mere force field"wink

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.th.jpg

Can't remember the last time a blast left Thanos looking that bad, and still kneeling as he talks.

Here Thanos admits his power is "Lilliputian" compared to Galactus' might.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3394/thanos0222rd4.th.jpg

All the scans that feature Galactus are starlin-written comics.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Tenebrous

I can't remember the number of shields Thanos activated against Odin, it may not have been stated and I don't have the rest of the scans on this machine:

Thanos never used shields against Odin. If he did, it isn't stated anywhere in any comic.

quanchi112
Thanos never used shields against Odin. If he did, it isn't stated anywhere in any comic. Correct.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nimbus006
Quan, it's understandable that you have preferences for certain characters, but your bias is truly evident in almost all your arguments. You consistently compare feats that are completely out of context, and present conclusions which are usually incorrect.

In one thread, you claim Galactus would destroy the Anti-monitor, and in another you have Tyrant taking him on all by himself. You seem to totally disregard the fact that he has just fed on earth, a considerably important fact under the circumstances.

True, Thanos is above any ONE herald, but could he face five or six and win? Furthermore, Odin will not be putting heralds down simply because he and Tyrant will need to focus all their attention on Galactus considering his recent feeding, that is. Tyrant matches up well against Galactus and I have one on panel fight that says I am correct.

Odin and Thanos deal with the heralds while Tyrant engages Galactus. As I pointed out Odin can oneshot many of them. They fall quickly and Thanos' durability has him just beating on these heralds.

Am was powered up in the coie story and that Am I am not comparing agaisnt Galactus. I see Tyrant as the Silver Surfer to Superman. Tyrant is built to beat Galactus. He is a master of tech and G's blasts actually power him up.

quanchi112
I was just proving he cannot lose this battle. Also, Galactus can oneshot Watchers while weak and destroy galaxies on a whim. Odin and Thanos are not factor and we already know how it goes between Galan and Tyrant.

(As a matter of fact, you may know that DP Tyrant stands for "Depowered Tyrant", guess who beat him when "powered"wink And from their second battle we can surmise Tyrant learned from his mistake.

Guess who was winning the fight when Tyrant was depowered.

llagrok
Thanos never used shields against Odin. If he did, it isn't stated anywhere in any comic.

Look closely at the first Odin/Thanos scan.

quanchi112
Circumstances. One-sided prep for millenia helps, as I am sure you will understand, being a fan of Thanos and all. G already beat Tyrant at full power, and replicating the same circumstances, which is the case in this fight, would take DP Tyrant, and easier than before. I see it differently and think that Tyrant was a much wiser battle ready opponent the second time around.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Look closely at the first Odin/Thanos scan. I have heard this argument before. In the very same story you could plainly see Thanos' shields when battling Thor. Here we can plainly see that his first blast doesnt affect him. There is no sign of a shield.

llagrok
Could be the art, but it doesn't look like Odin's blast makes contact.

Ouallada
I see it differently and think that Tyrant was a much wiser battle ready opponent the second time around.

Which is exactly my point, because you would expect Tyrant to be much wiser, with several millenia of prep after all. Doom did G with a lot less prep than that, just to put things into perspective.

Could be the art, but it doesn't look like Odin's blast makes contact.

I think it's just the art in this case. SS and Thanos' blasts didn't really look like they connected fully either.

On Thanos' shields, does anyone know if he has employed singular shields at any time, and how many layers he has? I remember it as three, but may be wrong.

quanchi112
Which is exactly my point, because you would expect Tyrant to be much wiser, with several millenia of prep after all. Doom did G with a lot less prep than that, just to put things into perspective. Doom didnt do it with Galactus expecting to battle him but with a cheap shot plus Mr Master will tell you it wasnt the 616 Doom. Tyrant did what he did with his own power just countering Galactus' attacks.

Ouallada
Doom didnt do it with Galactus expecting to battle him but with a cheap shot plus Mr Master will tell you it wasnt the 616 Doom. Tyrant did what he did with his own power just countering Galactus' attacks.

It wasn't meant to be an exact parallel. Simply an example to put things into perspective. A lot of high-end feats, for example Reed's reconstruction of the UN, were achieved with less prep. Taking away Tyrant's prep time in this battle, surely you would agree that his performance would logically drop?

Marvelknight
I'm not sure about this one.

quanchi112
It wasn't meant to be an exact parallel. Simply an example to put things into perspective. A lot of high-end feats, for example Reed's reconstruction of the UN, were achieved with less prep. Taking away Tyrant's prep time in this battle, surely you would agree that his performance would logically drop? To take away his prep time would be to alter his history. His motivation and his revenge against Galactus was being planned for since he lost way back when. His ultimate goal is to defeat Galactus which I believe he can do. But I see your point.

Tenebrous
And from their second battle we can surmise Tyrant learned from his mistake.

Guess who was winning the fight when Tyrant was depowered.

On the other side of the coin, you couldn't really say that G would employ the same techniques against Tyrant. You only have Tyrant adapting and learning...you have to assume the same for G.

G repossessed much of the power he imbued in Tyrant after their first battle (which is the direct cause of the Full-power Tyrant and De-powered Tyrant disambiguation)...I attribute it to extreme PIS that he didn't do the same thing their second battle.

Basically, Galactus > Full-Powered Tyrant, on panel. Galactus < De-Powered Tryant, on panel.

Aside from the incredibly logic-defying reality of those statements....you have to assume Tryant isn't the only one getting wise. Galactus made him from scratch, after all.

quanchi112
On the other side of the coin, you couldn't really say that G would employ the same techniques against Tyrant. You only have Tyrant adapting and learning...you have to assume the same for G.

G repossessed much of the power he imbued in Tyrant after their first battle (which is the direct cause of the Full-power Tyrant and De-powered Tyrant disambiguation)...I attribute it to extreme PIS that he didn't do the same thing their second battle.

Basically, Galactus > Full-Powered Tyrant, on panel. Galactus < De-Powered Tryant, on panel.

Aside from the incredibly logic-defying reality of those statements....you have to assume Tryant isn't the only one getting wise. Galactus made him from scratch, after all. Yes but if your existence was to revenge an earlier defeat and you had years and years to think about it wouldnt you improve the next time you met. Galactus is very arrogant and often times underestimates threats. The hunger rings a bell. Thanos had to end this threat for Galactus as he was overconfident.

Tenebrous

On Thanos' shields, does anyone know if he has employed singular shields at any time, and how many layers he has? I remember it as three, but may be wrong.

he activated three shields against Omega (thanos/galactus clone/hybrid). I would have to believe "all defensive shields" is greater than 3 shields....as Starlin wrote Infinity Abyss, where the three shield panel comes from, in 2003. A year later the thanos series came out, also by Starlin. If three shields=all defensive shields, i would think starlin would simply write the same thing.

Tenebrous
Yes but if your existence was to revenge an earlier defeat and you had years and years to think about it wouldnt you improve the next time you met. Galactus is very arrogant and often times underestimates threats. The hunger rings a bell. Thanos had to end this threat for Galactus as he was overconfident.

Yes of course you would improve...but then the other party improves to return to the original status quo. In other words....Galactus stripped Tyrant of his power, Tyrant had millennia to fester his wrath, and beat G in his de-powered state. If and when there is a third time they meet in comics, G would do his best to return things to their original status quo, meaning ensuring Tryant stays inferior to him. Case in point...Tenebrous and Aegis had billions of years to brood and plot vengeance against big G after their initial defeat at his hands....when they met the second time, they defeated G, like Tyrant defeated G the second time.

The third time...G was prepped and ready to engage both of them by himself and sought to kill them both...prolly as close to blood-lusted Galactus we've seen so far. SS did the job for him, but the point is that galactus was preparing for the third engagement against Tenebrous and Aegis by planning to kill them...which would return the status quo from the original encounter (he imprisonned them for billions of years, effectively killing them in terms of their impact on the universe during that time, and imprisonment in the kyln once more was no longer possible, so the only solution would be to kill them).

tryant adapted the second time....g doesn't let defeats by other beings who have vendettas against him, and who threaten his existence, go unpunished.

Hunger, G was caught completely off-guard and un-prepped, unlike Thanos.

quanchi112
Yes of course you would improve...but then the other party improves to return to the original status quo. In other words....Galactus stripped Tyrant of his power, Tyrant had millennia to fester his wrath, and beat G in his de-powered state. If and when there is a third time they meet in comics, G would do his best to return things to their original status quo, meaning ensuring Tryant stays inferior to him. Case in point...Tenebrous and Aegis had billions of years to brood and plot vengeance against big G after their initial defeat at his hands....when they met the second time, they defeated G, like Tyrant defeated G the second time.

The third time...G was prepped and ready to engage both of them by himself and sought to kill them both...prolly as close to blood-lusted Galactus we've seen so far. SS did the job for him, but the point is that galactus was preparing for the third engagement against Tenebrous and Aegis by planning to kill them...which would return the status quo from the original encounter (he imprisonned them for billions of years, effectively killing them in terms of their impact on the universe during that time, and imprisonment in the kyln once more was no longer possible, so the only solution would be to kill them).

tryant adapted the second time....g doesn't let defeats by other beings who have vendettas against him, and who threaten his existence, go unpunished.

Hunger, G was caught completely off-guard and un-prepped, unlike Thanos. Heres one huge difference I see with your argument. Aegis and Tenebrous caught him by surprise. And it was two on one not one on one. Two powerful beings vs one are always going to have an advantage. Galactus knew Tyrant was going to battle him and thus prepared himself. If Tyrant had surprised him it would have been different.

We have two encounters with Tyrant and Galactus since his depowering. One in which he punked Galactus and took his herald and the other in which Tyrant countered his every move and caused him to bleed. Just because he was depowered doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to defeat Galactus.

Bentley
Galan has everything he needs to defeat Tyrant in this battle and he can one-shot the rest of the guys.

Utrigita
Heres one huge difference I see with your argument. Aegis and Tenebrous caught him by surprise. And it was two on one not one on one. Two powerful beings vs one are always going to have an advantage. Galactus knew Tyrant was going to battle him and thus prepared himself. If Tyrant had surprised him it would have been different.

We have two encounters with Tyrant and Galactus since his depowering. One in which he punked Galactus and took his herald and the other in which Tyrant countered his every move and caused him to bleed. Just because he was depowered doesnt mean he doesnt have the power to defeat Galactus.

I believe the difference that Tenebrous tried to illustrate for you was that one part had plenty of time to prepare while the other hadn't furthermore one part expanded his/her powerset while the Other in this case Galactus (as you claimed yourself) is rather arrogant and thus still believed that the old way would work, Now if the meet again then it would be inlogical to assume that Galactus wouldn't prepare himself learn new methods etc and furthermore as this is a Vs battle then PIS is disregarded hence Galactus would be capable of draining Tyrant without his tech.

So Galactus was punked because he didn't wanted to destroy the universe over a herald hmm. Countered every move??? His own Energy Blast Against Galactus was ineffective Galactus own blast had a effect. Tyrant then stated that he could rechannel the energy from Galactus blast into Biosphere energy hence we doesn't see Galactus firing another because of that statement from Tyrant however that doesn't change the fact that Galactus blast hurted Tyrant, where Tyrants own was ineffective, As Tyrant know because he utilizied basic physical attacks against Galactus.

nimbus006
Agreed, cloud.

LOL... I prefer crown of veneration, but cloud will do.

starlock
Galactus and his heralds for the win

ultimatethor
Galcatus and his heralds take it

lannfear
team 2 for the win......Galactus while impressive ,can't see him beating odin/tryant(even depowered) and thanos.....because his heralds won't last too long......

cheers

quanchi112
I believe the difference that Tenebrous tried to illustrate for you was that one part had plenty of time to prepare while the other hadn't furthermore one part expanded his/her powerset while the Other in this case Galactus (as you claimed yourself) is rather arrogant and thus still believed that the old way would work, Now if the meet again then it would be inlogical to assume that Galactus wouldn't prepare himself learn new methods etc and furthermore as this is a Vs battle then PIS is disregarded hence Galactus would be capable of draining Tyrant without his tech.

So Galactus was punked because he didn't wanted to destroy the universe over a herald hmm. Countered every move??? His own Energy Blast Against Galactus was ineffective Galactus own blast had a effect. Tyrant then stated that he could rechannel the energy from Galactus blast into Biosphere energy hence we doesn't see Galactus firing another because of that statement from Tyrant however that doesn't change the fact that Galactus blast hurted Tyrant, where Tyrants own was ineffective, As Tyrant know because he utilizied basic physical attacks against Galactus. That is a good point. Maybe in their third matchup Galactus owuld be more prepared and wouldnt make the same mistakes twice.

I saw them fight and they were nowhere near even close to destroying a galaxy let alone the universe but I understand the point. He didnt feel Morg was worth the collateral damage was worth the collateral damage of a conflict between the two.

I dont know what would happen in a third battle between the two but I do know and believe Tyrant was winning and woul dhave won their second confrontation.

Now with regards to this thread I dont think Galactus can take on Tyrant,Odin, and Thanos at once. The heralds would be crushed and easily at that.

Utrigita
He would be more prepared, disregarding PIS Galactus could drain Tyrant himself.

That wasn't a fight that was a quick skirmish that was all.

Tyrant won there second encounter however as Tenebrous also stated based on what we know about Galactus the Loss to Tyrant seems a bit odd.

I completely disagrees, the most powerful singular attack Odin has ever performed is what to be exact blasting a planet out of orbit? Galactus has, badly weakened, Destroyed at Least three solarsystems plus a Watcher in one blast far from anything I have seen Odins own attack cause against any opponent, I know that in battle with other there feats are roughly equal, However Galactus has quiet impressive accomplishments under his own power breaking the bonding on Eternity and Infinity placed by Magus with the help from 5 CCUs springs to mind.

Priest
Heralds won't mean anything in this fight since Odin could one shot all of them easily.

So then is Galactus vs Odin and Tyrant with Thanos.

This could play out in diffrent ways, Thanos can fight Galactus in a Astral Plane (which he has done, and done well) while Tyrant and Odin can harm him physically.

I really don't see Galactus wining more than 5 out of 10 especially since All Father is on team 2.

llagrok
Really?

Wow. I see Galactus one shotting them.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Priest
Heralds won't mean anything in this fight since Odin could one shot all of them easily.

This could play out in diffrent ways, Thanos can fight Galactus in a Astral Plane (which he has done, and done well) while Tyrant and Odin can harm him physically.

I really don't see Galactus wining more than 5 out of 10 especially since All Father is on team 2.

Thanos had to use Moondragon to help him even get Galactus to appear on the Astral plane...and Galactus defeated him quite easily once Thanos tried to tentacle rape him.

G can one-shot Thanos....he basically already did that. What is correct to say is Galactus vs Odin and Tyrant...Stardust may be able to use his skill to reform at will but for the sake of argument we will leave him out.

In the same comic where Odin one-shotted SS, Odin had a much, much, much harder time dispatching Thanos, relative to how long it took Galactus for him to do the same. This same Odin was also holding back very little, as he thought they (Thanos, SS, and the infinity watch) were comming to take away thor (IIRC)

fangirl101
Thanos had to use Moondragon to help him even get Galactus to appear on the Astral plane...and Galactus defeated him quite easily once Thanos tried to tentacle rape him.

G can one-shot Thanos....he basically already did that. What is correct to say is Galactus vs Odin and Tyrant...Stardust may be able to use his skill to reform at will but for the sake of argument we will leave him out.

In the same comic where Odin one-shotted SS, Odin had a much, much, much harder time dispatching Thanos, relative to how long it took Galactus for him to do the same. This same Odin was also holding back very little, as he thought they (Thanos, SS, and the infinity watch) were comming to take away thor (IIRC)

odin had a wrealm to think about for he went all out like that. it's much harder to focus an attack as to not do collateral dmg.

Tenebrous
odin had a wrealm to think about for he went all out like that. it's much harder to focus an attack as to not do collateral dmg.

It's hard for Odin. Thanos even recovers to exactly coordinate his attack with SS.

fangirl101
It's hard for Odin. Thanos even recovers to exactly coordinate his attack with SS.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.th.jpg those scans dont' look so well for galactus tho. thanos and ss together didn't do a thing to odin. while thanos alone actually managed to damage galactus's armor and knock him back several hundred if not thousand yards. odin's durability>>>>galactus?

Utrigita
There is a signifact difference between the two Thanos that is in question there, also the circumstances are different.

Thanos in his account with Odin had yet to be amped by his encounter with Tyrant and I believe I have seen a scan that testifies that Thanos wielding the HOTU in some way amped his powerlevels, so he is missing two powerups furthermore Odin was ready for the attack where Galactus was taken completely unaware.

And Odin thinking about his realm? He destroyed a large part of the city Asgard trying to bring down Thanos.

Tenebrous
those scans dont' look so well for galactus tho. thanos and ss together didn't do a thing to odin. while thanos alone actually managed to damage galactus's armor and knock him back several hundred if not thousand yards. odin's durability>>>>galactus?

Yeah, you're right, artistically, Thanos did much more to Galactus than Thanos did to Odin.

Luckily we have starlin himself (I was wrong earlier, Starlin wrote the Infinity Watch issue featuring Thanos and Odin, so all these scans starlin wrote) confirming what Thanos' blast did:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/669/thanos0507nn9.th.jpg

All his blast did is enrage Galactus...nothing more, as he literally states.

So Perhaps Odin has the better balance and wrinkle-free clothing.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Priest

Odin will be far to busy thinking about Galactus to care about oneshotting heralds.

It is Galactus vs Tyrant and Odin agreed.

He is currently occupied with the heralds even assuming that he isn't Galactus got close to Kill Thanos on the Astral plan so yes drawing Galactus in there will be great for commiting suicide.

I see Galactus winning this encounter.

Nihilist
Odin will be far to busy thinking about Galactus to care about oneshotting heralds.

He is currently occupied with the heralds even assuming that he isn't Galactus got close to Kill Thanos on the Astral plan so yes drawing Galactus in there will be great for commiting suicide.

I see Galactus winning this encounter. thumb up

Ouallada
There is a signifact difference between the two Thanos that is in question there, also the circumstances are different.

Thanos in his account with Odin had yet to be amped by his encounter with Tyrant and I believe I have seen a scan that testifies that Thanos wielding the HOTU in some way amped his powerlevels, so he is missing two powerups furthermore Odin was ready for the attack where Galactus was taken completely unaware.

And Odin thinking about his realm? He destroyed a large part of the city Asgard trying to bring down Thanos.

He did say that he used the HOTU to grant himself a few wishes in the event anything tries to take revenge on him for the whole incident. I think he referenced it when he fought Maker.

quanchi112
those scans dont' look so well for galactus tho. thanos and ss together didn't do a thing to odin. while thanos alone actually managed to damage galactus's armor and knock him back several hundred if not thousand yards. odin's durability>>>>galactus? It was mentioned that the blast to Galactus did no real damage. It launched him but only really got his attention. Galactus almost killed him while all his shielding was up in oneshot. Odin couldnt put him down in over 6 pages in his own realm.

Galactus>Odin. No way to argue this one.

quanchi112

I see Galactus winning this encounter. Galactus will be too busy worrying about Tyrant and the fact that Tyrant had him in their last encounter.

Odin and Thanos take out the heralds quickly and all three overwhelm big G. If Aegis and Tenebrous can do it these three can imo. I think Tyrant on his own can beat him.

Tenebrous
odin had a wrealm to think about for he went all out like that. it's much harder to focus an attack as to not do collateral dmg. Originally posted by fangirl101
those scans dont' look so well for galactus tho. thanos and ss together didn't do a thing to odin. while thanos alone actually managed to damage galactus's armor and knock him back several hundred if not thousand yards. odin's durability>>>>galactus? Originally posted by quanchi112
It was mentioned that the blast to Galactus did no real damage. It launched him but only really got his attention. Galactus almost killed him while all his shielding was up in oneshot. Odin couldnt put him down in over 6 pages in his own realm.

Galactus>Odin. No way to argue this one.
Let's see how long it takes for Odin to put Thanos down.

Thanos, prepped, vs. Odin (relatively) prepped.

Odin means business.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/793/warlock2518bi4.th.jpg
On the very next page, he tells all the other Asgardians to fall back, as he is ready to take on all the invaders alone

After the first scan I posted above in my previous post, this is the entire fight, scans posted in sequential order of appearance

Odin blasts Thanos
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2272/warlock2521fd7.th.jpg

One-shots SS
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7974/warlock2522qa7.th.jpg

Thanos closes in for hand-to-hand
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1346/warlock2523ky7.th.jpg

After blasting Thanos at point-blank range, and trading punches, Odin is "shocked" that Thanos is still standing. Thanos replies that Odin does not impress him.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9118/warlock2524dl9.th.jpg

Odin and Thanos are fighting long enough to simultaneously enter into a discourse on the source of power, divine nature of the power vs. power from more "base" means, and the capabilities of those powers in regards to divine intent and less regal effrontery
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2011/warlock2526lt0.th.jpg

Containment tactics
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3536/warlock2527kw4.th.jpg

Odin has had enough of fighting and debating simultaneously, and summons Gungnir, blasting Thanos away across the rainbow bridge all the way into Asgard itself
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6310/warlock2528pg3.th.jpg

As Utrigita mentioned, Odin didn't care about Asgard during this fight.
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/176/warlock252930qp8.th.jpg

This is a long fight, so I'll continue in the next post...

Tenebrous
...After all of this, Odin proclaims victory and remains supreme over a barren wasteland.....yet Thanos STILL stands!!
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7206/warlock2531zu0.th.jpg

Without a word, Odin uses Gungnir again at up-close, point-blank range
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6566/warlock2532zi1.th.jpg

Fight continues into the skies above Asgard, with Odin again remaining.
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5381/warlock2533ll8.th.jpg

But Thanos AGAIN still stands!!!
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6415/warlock2534sj2.th.jpg

The devastation wrought to Asgard causes the fight to come to a close.
So, Odin was *not holding back* and was in fact *destroying Asgard in the process, and did not care that he was doing so*
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6784/warlock2535ct9.th.jpg

After all of that...Thanos still remained standing at the close of the fight.

Ouallada
Galactus will be too busy worrying about Tyrant and the fact that Tyrant had him in their last encounter.

Odin and Thanos take out the heralds quickly and all three overwhelm big G. If Aegis and Tenebrous can do it these three can imo. I think Tyrant on his own can beat him.

To be honest, I would place Odin above DP Tyrant anyday, and I highly, highly doubt that the latter could engage G with any kind of success nearing what he achieved last time. If I gave Thanos one-sided prep for a thousand years, AND a bunch of G's heralds as a bargaining chip, would you bet against Thanos doing as well as Tyrant or better? I certainly wouldn't. Tyrant does not have that luxury this time, and we all know what G is capable of when angry. Annihilus knows the answer pretty well.

Using T&A isn't a great example in this case, because either of them would cause team 2 problems. Both of them are way above team 2.

Like the others, I gravitate towards a G vs Odin/Tyrant battle, with Thanos probably having his hands full with the Destroyer. I would pick team 1 to take the majority in that situation.

quanchi112
I give you credit for posting the entire fight. Its so plain to see its hilarious that someone could surmise that Odin has greater durability than Galactus because of the artwork. This is further evidence that is makes sense to read what the characters say and not just look at the pretty artwork.

fangirl101
I give you credit for posting the entire fight. Its so plain to see its hilarious that someone could surmise that Odin has greater durability than Galactus because of the artwork. This is further evidence that is makes sense to read what the characters say and not just look at the pretty artwork.
the question was rhetorical. it wasn't really meant to question galactus's durability to odin's. i think other's got that point. if i thought odin's durability was up to galactus's, then i wouldn'thave put odin on a team. one only need look at the entire picture to see inside the frame.

quanchi112
To be honest, I would place Odin above DP Tyrant anyday, and I highly, highly doubt that the latter could engage G with any kind of success nearing what he achieved last time. If I gave Thanos one-sided prep for a thousand years, AND a bunch of G's heralds as a bargaining chip, would you bet against Thanos doing as well as Tyrant or better? I certainly wouldn't. Tyrant does not have that luxury this time, and we all know what G is capable of when angry. Annihilus knows the answer pretty well.

Using T&A isn't a great example in this case, because either of them would cause team 2 problems. Both of them are way above team 2.

Like the others, I gravitate towards a G vs Odin/Tyrant battle, with Thanos probably having his hands full with the Destroyer. I would pick team 1 to take the majority in that situation. I have always been from from the school of thought that Tyrant was above Odin. for one he was beating Galactus and for two he made Thanos leave the battle in a much shorter timeframe.

Thanos didnt have the raw power to fight Tyrant but as it showed in their second confrontation Tyrant still had enough power to defeat and injure Galactus. That is the difference as I see it.

I dont think T and A were that impressive. Sure they beat Galactus but he has a bunch of low showings. The Surfer manipulating the Crunch brought down my opinion of them. I would need to see more but as they stand now not that impressive.

quanchi112
the question was rhetorical. it wasn't really meant to question galactus's durability to odin's. i think other's got that point. if i thought odin's durability was up to galactus's, then i wouldn'thave put odin on a team. one only need look at the entire picture to see inside the frame. Well then no one else knew this but you because he went to all the trouble of putting up this long fight to prove a point to you.

fangirl101
Well then no one else knew this but you because he went to all the trouble of putting up this long fight to prove a point to you.

he posted those scans to prove that odin didn't care about asgard. u missed that didn't you?

quanchi112
he posted those scans to prove that odin didn't care about asgard. u missed that didn't you? Oh you thought that didnt you. Did you read this comic before?

Ouallada
I have always been from from the school of thought that Tyrant was above Odin. for one he was beating Galactus and for two he made Thanos leave the battle in a much shorter timeframe.

Thanos didnt have the raw power to fight Tyrant but as it showed in their second confrontation Tyrant still had enough power to defeat and injure Galactus. That is the difference as I see it.

I dont think T and A were that impressive. Sure they beat Galactus but he has a bunch of low showings. The Surfer manipulating the Crunch brought down my opinion of them. I would need to see more but as they stand now not that impressive.

Going by that single fight, he may be above Odin's average. What we have then is an inequality that goes: Tyrant with millenia of prep and tech > Odin's average. Does that equation look fair to you, because it doesn't look so to me. My question still stands. Will Thanos be able to replicate Tyrant's feat with millenia of one-sided prep?

As for Thanos leaving the battle earlier against Tyrant, there was nothing else for him against Tyrant. He was in it to get Tyrant's orb and to prove that he could hang with the former. Not exactly the same circumstances as the fight with Odin.

I think it is pretty obvious that there was no PIS whatsoever with the G battle. As for whether or not G was hungry, I think we can agree that G isn't an idiot, and he certainly would not go into a battle with two beings on his power level when he was weak.

Tenebrous
Thanos (prepped) vs. Galactus (un-prepped)

As before, this is the entire fight, scans posted in sequential order

Thanos is determined to prevent Galactus from activating the crux, which would release Hunger. So, Thanos has a *huge* interest in prevailing here. Preventing Galactus from activating the crux >>>>> getting Odin to stop Thor's Power Gem and Warrior Madness rampage. So Thanos is trying even harder here, than he did against Odin, where he merely wanted to get "Odin's attention."

Galactus is getting ready to activate the crux, with all the Infinity Gems inside the crux, but Thanos appears,
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9461/thanos0505tu2.th.jpg

Infamous scan of Thanos blasting G off his feet, out of Galactus' Vessel, and onto the planetary body below. Very good feat for Thanos...and directly, though temporarily, achieved what he wanted to do (prevent Galactus from activating the crux)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9984/thanos0506mp2.th.jpg

Galactus is MAD. Thanos knows he has only a few seconds until Galactus responds.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/669/thanos0507nn9.th.jpg

The Punisher cyborgs teleport to Thanos, but Thanos knows that in "miliseconds" Galactus himself will appear. To prepare, Thanos activates all defensive shielding.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7062/thanos0508si6.th.jpg

The shields work, but they are severely taxed and would be completely overwhelmed with a blast from Galactus if he would actually try harder. However, Thanos pleads with Galactus, and the fight is over with one blast from Big G.

The fight is over, but now Thanos must begin pleading his case. Big G actually picks up Thanos like a small toy dog.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2991/thanos0510mx1.th.jpg

Thanos tries his best, and is *begging* Galactus to stop the crux. Remember, Thanos knows that Hunger is waiting and does not want that to occur under any circumstances. However, G grows impatient, literally dumping Thanos on his ass, and tells Thanos the he is beneath his contempt.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9089/thanos0511tc2.th.jpg

So with one blast, G leaves Thanos on his knees and begging, and actually physically manhandles Thanos with one hand. This Thanos is prepped, and determined to prevent G from activating the crux.

quanchi112
Going by that single fight, he may be above Odin's average. What we have then is an inequality that goes: Tyrant with millenia of prep and tech > Odin's average. Does that equation look fair to you, because it doesn't look so to me. My question still stands. Will Thanos be able to replicate Tyrant's feat with millenia of one-sided prep?

As for Thanos leaving the battle earlier against Tyrant, there was nothing else for him against Tyrant. He was in it to get Tyrant's orb and to prove that he could hang with the former. Not exactly the same circumstances as the fight with Odin.

I think it is pretty obvious that there was no PIS whatsoever with the G battle. As for whether or not G was hungry, I think we can agree that G isn't an idiot, and he certainly would not go into a battle with two beings on his power level when he was weak. Tyrant also performed better against Thanos. Thanos also had an orb he used offensively while in the Odin fight he just fought him straight up. Thanos prepped himself for battling Tyrant while the Odin fight just kind of happened.

Thanos looked worse off in a much shorter amount of time. So we have Thanos prepping for Tyrant with an orb and leaving the scene looking worser for the wear.

When Galactus fought Tyrant he fed so as to be ready for Tyrant. It didnt seem to help him much. Tyrant doing better against Thanos imo and beating a well fed Galactus are enough for me to say hes more than Odin.

Ouallada
Tyrant also performed better against Thanos. Thanos also had an orb he used offensively while in the Odin fight he just fought him straight up. Thanos prepped himself for battling Tyrant while the Odin fight just kind of happened.

Thanos looked worse off in a much shorter amount of time. So we have Thanos prepping for Tyrant with an orb and leaving the scene looking worser for the wear.

When Galactus fought Tyrant he fed so as to be ready for Tyrant. It didnt seem to help him much. Tyrant doing better against Thanos imo and beating a well fed Galactus are enough for me to say hes more than Odin.

That still isn't answering whether Tyrant's feats would be replicated by a Thanos with similar one-sided prep-time. My take on the Tyrant fight is this, that Thanos wanted to test himself, which is why he engaged in a physical battle as well, and that he knew that he was never going to win, and was already prepared to teleport away. The length of a battle has never really been an issue with me, because 1) we do not know how much time actually elapsed, and more importantly 2) Odin not arguably showing the same power output as Tyrant doesn't mean much either, The reasons behind the second point are that an argument can thus be made for WM/PG/Thor to have done the most physical damage, as he made Thanos bleed, and that power output is not the only attribute that counts towards power level.

As to your last point on Tyrant beating G, that is contingent on you answering my standing question, is it not?

Utrigita
Galactus will be too busy worrying about Tyrant and the fact that Tyrant had him in their last encounter.

Again what worked one time against Galacut is highly unlikely that would work again furthermore PIS is disregarded hence Galactus will not need his tech in order to drain Tyrant dry.

Again Odin will have pay his full attention towards Galactus even though Tyrant is there, he will be hard pressed since his blast = non effective against Galactus. Galactus = Effective against Tyrant. Again Aegis and Tenebrous was under different circumstances Galactus wasn't ready for them and was weakened, here it's a entire different scenario he is fed and ready to battle his opponents.

Utrigita
He did say that he used the HOTU to grant himself a few wishes in the event anything tries to take revenge on him for the whole incident. I think he referenced it when he fought Maker.

Yes I believe that was the one thanks for clearing that up big grin

Tenebrous
Galactus confronts De-powered Tyrant for the first time.

Tyrant has not forgotten
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3885/silversurferv308233xt8.th.jpg

nor has Galactus. Galactus fought Tyrant because Tyrant represented a threat to the universal stability which Galactus inherently ensures by his own existence.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7369/silversurferv308234ip0.th.jpg

Galactus threatens Tyrant, but Tyrant states that he has grown his most powerful (since his exile and de-powerment by Galactus)
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/484/silversurferv308235le1.th.jpg
Galactus states full-scale war between them could bring unprecedented disaster to the universe. Tyrant says conflict now would benefit neither.
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9831/silversurferv308236xu5.th.jpg

G wants Morg back, then he would begone. Tyrant asks will G confront him again, and G responds that it is inevitable that they face each other in the future. Tryant states that his interests (tyrant's wishes) lie in withdrawal, and he would withdraw if galactus gives him morg. G threatens war
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1482/silversurferv308237ze3.th.jpg

And is building up power....however, Tyrant calls Galactus on his supposition that conflict now would benefit neither, and refuses to give back morg. Galactus gives in, stating to SS that confrontation now would be costly and that he would confront Tyrant later on his own terms.
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6597/silversurferv308238zm8.th.jpg

Galactus leaves, the rest depart, Morg remains, and Tryant continues to build up power.

quanchi112
That still isn't answering whether Tyrant's feats would be replicated by a Thanos with similar one-sided prep-time. My take on the Tyrant fight is this, that Thanos wanted to test himself, which is why he engaged in a physical battle as well, and that he knew that he was never going to win, and was already prepared to teleport away. The length of a battle has never really been an issue with me, because 1) we do not know how much time actually elapsed, and more importantly 2) Odin not arguably showing the same power output as Tyrant doesn't mean much either, The reasons behind the second point are that an argument can thus be made for WM/PG/Thor to have done the most physical damage, as he made Thanos bleed, and that power output is not the only attribute that counts towards power level.

As to your last point on Tyrant beating G, that is contingent on you answering my standing question, is it not? If Thanos had more time and had become powerful yes it would have been different. tyrant although depowered still had enough power to defeat Galactus.

Ok we dont know how much time elapsed when Thanos fought Odin either. But Thanos prepped for Tyrant and had a weapon while he didnt prepare himself for a war with Odin. Odin's battle lasted more panels and Thanos looked better as his suit was still intact.

Thor can Thanos a bloody nose but we can tell he was nowhere near finished because of the comments he made. He was fine.

quanchi112
Again what worked one time against Galacut is highly unlikely that would work again furthermore PIS is disregarded hence Galactus will not need his tech in order to drain Tyrant dry.

Again Odin will have pay his full attention towards Galactus even though Tyrant is there, he will be hard pressed since his blast = non effective against Galactus. Galactus = Effective against Tyrant. Again Aegis and Tenebrous was under different circumstances Galactus wasn't ready for them and was weakened, here it's a entire different scenario he is fed and ready to battle his opponents. I understand that but what happened in their first battle obviously didnt happen in their second.
Lets assume neither will fall for either of the tricks from the first battle. Odin and Thanos are involved here.

Now you are right Aegis and Tenebrous only benefited from a weakened Galactus and a surprise attack. Tyrant took on a well fed and mentally prepared Galactus. That is why Tyrant having Galactus down was a lot more impressive than Tenebrous' and Segis' sneak attack on a weak unprepared Galactus.

Utrigita
Lets assume instead that both have learned from there second encounter. which is the most likely event to have happen.

A Galactus that was badly prep in comparison to Tyrant Galactus never thought he would see Tyrant again showed in Tenebrous scans, Tyrant was backing just as much down as Galactus was in the scans posted by Tenebrous, at that Point even Though Galactus was weak Tyrant wasn't interested in a Conflict even though he claimed he was on his highest level of power since his depowerment. This IMO all speaks for Tyrant in some way counting on Galactus using his tech against Tyrant in some fashion so that Tyrant could bend that Technology to his will. And both knew as the scans also show that the winner if they fought now would be the one that was most powerfuln but such a battle would cause untold destruction hence both where not insterested in it.

quanchi112
Lets assume instead that both have learned from there second encounter. which is the most likely event to have happen.

A Galactus that was badly prep in comparison to Tyrant Galactus never thought he would see Tyrant again showed in Tenebrous scans, Tyrant was backing just as much down as Galactus was in the scans posted by Tenebrous, at that Point even Though Galactus was weak Tyrant wasn't interested in a Conflict even though he claimed he was on his highest level of power since his depowerment. This IMO all speaks for Tyrant in some way counting on Galactus using his tech against Tyrant in some fashion so that Tyrant could bend that Technology to his will. And both knew as the scans also show that the winner if they fought now would be the one that was most powerfuln but such a battle would cause untold destruction hence both where not insterested in it. Tyrant said that he wouldnt benefit from a battle at this point. Galactus asked for one thing his herald,Morg. Tyrant stared him in the eyes and said he wants Morg. Galactus gave in even though he only wanted Morg but Tyrant got him. To me thats backing down. It was in neither of their best interests for an all out battle then so the both agreed on that they would indeed finish it later. Galactus knew from that moment on he would have to deal with Tyrant and planned poorly for it.

In the third conflict it would indeed be different but as far as I see it Galactus' blasts could still power him up. One thing is for sure it would be one helluva a destructive battle. I think Odin and Thanos tip the scales definitely in their teams favor.

Utrigita
Tyrant said that he wouldnt benefit from a battle at this point. Galactus asked for one thing his herald,Morg. Tyrant stared him in the eyes and said he wants Morg. Galactus gave in even though he only wanted Morg but Tyrant got him. To me thats backing down. It was in neither of their best interests for an all out battle then so the both agreed on that they would indeed finish it later. Galactus knew from that moment on he would have to deal with Tyrant and planned poorly for it.

In the third conflict it would indeed be different but as far as I see it Galactus' blasts could still power him up. One thing is for sure it would be one helluva a destructive battle. I think Odin and Thanos tip the scales definitely in their teams favor.

Yet it was Tyrant that wanted to leave in the first place, Galactus didn't want to engage Tyrant in any direct conflict because it would be devastating to the universe hence his statement "rule over rubble". Also as Galactus responded to SS, it would be too devasting a battle over a herald. Because he 1. Believed the old ways would work again 2. That his tech could do the trick.

And They would still hurt Tyrant, and Galactus would also be PIS free which means that he could channel the energy based attacks into energy for himself.

Ouallada
If Thanos had more time and had become powerful yes it would have been different. tyrant although depowered still had enough power to defeat Galactus.

Ok we dont know how much time elapsed when Thanos fought Odin either. But Thanos prepped for Tyrant and had a weapon while he didnt prepare himself for a war with Odin. Odin's battle lasted more panels and Thanos looked better as his suit was still intact.

Thor can Thanos a bloody nose but we can tell he was nowhere near finished because of the comments he made. He was fine.

That still does not answer my question. My question, once again, is this: If Thanos had millenia of one-sided prep and had G's heralds as a bargaining chip, would he be able to fare as well as Tyrant did against G? Only the end result matters for my question, because of the inherent differences between Tyrant and Thanos.

Precisely. We do not know how much time evolved, even though that isn't the main point. The point is that the amount of time evolved does not equate to one party being above the other. Let's take martial arts as an example. A stand-up fighter can end a fight faster than a grappler. That doesn't mean the former beats the latter. Still on martial arts, an aggressive fighter typically ends fights faster ceteris paribus. Does not mean he beats a defensive fighter who takes longer.

I'm not saying that Thor hurt Thanos more than either Odin or Tyrant. The point is that as you mentioned with G and Odin, looks are often deceiving. Thor made Thanos bleed, something which Odin didn't do, and we know that the latter invariably dealt Thanos more damage. Looking at things that way, how can anyone assume that Tyrant did more because Thanos' armour was torn?

llagrok

And how long does it take for Odin to rebuild stuff? smile

I'd REALLY like to see the scan taht testifies Thanos' power levels being amplified once again.

quanchi112
That still does not answer my question. My question, once again, is this: If Thanos had millenia of one-sided prep and had G's heralds as a bargaining chip, would he be able to fare as well as Tyrant did against G? Only the end result matters for my question, because of the inherent differences between Tyrant and Thanos.

Precisely. We do not know how much time evolved, even though that isn't the main point. The point is that the amount of time evolved does not equate to one party being above the other. Let's take martial arts as an example. A stand-up fighter can end a fight faster than a grappler. That doesn't mean the former beats the latter. Still on martial arts, an aggressive fighter typically ends fights faster ceteris paribus. Does not mean he beats a defensive fighter who takes longer.

I'm not saying that Thor hurt Thanos more than either Odin or Tyrant. The point is that as you mentioned with G and Odin, looks are often deceiving. Thor made Thanos bleed, something which Odin didn't do, and we know that the latter invariably dealt Thanos more damage. Looking at things that way, how can anyone assume that Tyrant did more because Thanos' armour was torn? yes Thanos with prep would wreck the universe if he wanted to and could take out Galactus easily.

I see your point about the Tyrant and Odin fight but another difference is that Thanos had prep time to engage him meaning he was prepared and also had a weapon whereas the Odin fight was spontaneous.

llagrok
Take out Galactus easily? I'd like to see that.

Especially when Galan has you know, universal powers, time travel, etc.

quanchi112
Yet it was Tyrant that wanted to leave in the first place, Galactus didn't want to engage Tyrant in any direct conflict because it would be devastating to the universe hence his statement "rule over rubble". Also as Galactus responded to SS, it would be too devasting a battle over a herald. Because he 1. Believed the old ways would work again 2. That his tech could do the trick.

And They would still hurt Tyrant, and Galactus would also be PIS free which means that he could channel the energy based attacks into energy for himself. Tyrant got what Galactus wanted. the only thing he wanted Tyrant took.

Galactus using tech also suggests that he needed his tech to beat him.

Ok if Galactus could power up the energy Tyrant could still cause physical damage to his person as he did in the comic.

llagrok
But you can't cause physical harm to Galactus!

quanchi112
Take out Galactus easily? I'd like to see that.

Especially when Galan has you know, universal powers, time travel, etc. If he had prep he could do a number of things. He could power himself up or create another Omega or two to defeat him. Giving Thanos a millenia a prep is not giving the other guy a chance at all.

llagrok
It is Galactus can blink himself back in time.

quanchi112
It is Galactus can blink himself back in time. Scans?

llagrok
Scans of Thanos building more than one Omega?

Go look at the scans of the Surfer traveling in time.

Ouallada
yes Thanos with prep would wreck the universe if he wanted to and could take out Galactus easily.

I see your point about the Tyrant and Odin fight but another difference is that Thanos had prep time to engage him meaning he was prepared and also had a weapon whereas the Odin fight was spontaneous.

Your answer to my question tells you a lot about how a fight between G and Tyrant would go. IF Thanos could replicate Tyrant's success against G with the same prep that Tyrant has, Tyrant would logically be scaled down against G with an unprepped Thanos as a proxy. That means that when you said that Thanos with prep arguably does better against G than Tyrant did, you have actually answered your own question as to how an unprepped Tyrant would do. Not very well.

Using just that one comparison isn't fair at all. There were mitigating circumstances. For example, Thanos wasn't there to fight Tyrant. He was there to test himself AND then leave. Hence the physical tussling. As for Morg's power, I doubt it brought much to the table. 1000000 + 50000, for example, is only a 5% increase, even though 50000 is a substantial number on its own. I could say that Thanos had the surfer's help against Odin as well. It doesn't work that way.

quanchi112
Scans of Thanos building more than one Omega?

Go look at the scans of the Surfer traveling in time. One Omega was said to be more powerful than Galactus. I only need one. Plus it shows he can build one and replicate multiple powerful clones. I have not seen Galactus travel in time on a whim.

quanchi112
Your answer to my question tells you a lot about how a fight between G and Tyrant would go. IF Thanos could replicate Tyrant's success against G with the same prep that Tyrant has, Tyrant would logically be scaled down against G with an unprepped Thanos as a proxy. That means that when you said that Thanos with prep arguably does better against G than Tyrant did, you have actually answered your own question as to how an unprepped Tyrant would do. Not very well.

Using just that one comparison isn't fair at all. There were mitigating circumstances. For example, Thanos wasn't there to fight Tyrant. He was there to test himself AND then leave. Hence the physical tussling. As for Morg's power, I doubt it brought much to the table. 1000000 + 50000, for example, is only a 5% increase, even though 50000 is a substantial number on its own. I could say that Thanos had the surfer's help against Odin as well. it doesn;t work that way. I see your point but Tyrant knows the ins and outs of Galactus. You cant deprive hi of his prep as its apart of his history. Had he had no prep time then youd have something but thats all he has been prepping for. He didnt sneak attack Galactus either.

He was there to fight Tyrant he just wasnt there to win. He tested himself and weathered the storm. You could also say that Tyrant had multiple characters help prior to his brawl with Thanos.

Ouallada
I see your point but Tyrant knows the ins and outs of Galactus. You cant deprive hi of his prep as its apart of his history. Had he had no prep time then youd have something but thats all he has been prepping for. He didnt sneak attack Galactus either.

He was there to fight Tyrant he just wasnt there to win. He tested himself and weathered the storm. You could also say that Tyrant had multiple characters help prior to his brawl with Thanos.

Whether or not Tyrant knows G inside out isn't important, because you have already mentioned that Thanos would do better than Tyrant, and I am sure you have already factored that point into your analysis. I can't deprive Tyrant of his prep for that particular battle, nor can I discount what he did. I'm just saying that he does not have the luxury of one-sided prep again. When Sparta prepared for war against the Athenians, said prep was used to create weapons, study their enemy, finetune tactics etc. Take away that prep, and they would still know the inside out of creating weapons, but they will not have the time to do so. Tyrant would still know G well, but any built-up power/tech/plans he had are not applicable here.

Precisely. I would say he intended to escape, and thus won a moral victory. You could say that, but Tyrant was the only one with millenia of prep, and all the extraordinary increments that come with that.

quanchi112
Whether or not Tyrant knows G inside out isn't important, because you have already mentioned that Thanos would do better than Tyrant, and I am sure you have already factored that point into your analysis. I can't deprive Tyrant of his prep for that particular battle, nor can I discount what he did. I'm just saying that he does not have the luxury of one-sided prep again. When Sparta prepared for war against the Athenians, said prep was used to create weapons, study their enemy, finetune tactics etc. Take away that prep, and they would still know the inside out of creating weapons, but they will not have the time to do so. Tyrant would still know G well, but any built-up power/tech/plans he had are not applicable here.

Precisely. I would say he intended to escape, and thus won a moral victory. You could say that, but Tyrant was the only one with millenia of prep, and all the extraordinary increments that come with that. Tyrant had more time to prep but Galactus had some time to prep for him.

Ouallada
A lot more time. Which means Tyrant is in no way going to be at the same level as he was in this battle. As long as you agree, I've nothing more to say pertaining to this point.

quanchi112
A lot more time. Which means Tyrant is in no way going to be at the same level as he was in this battle. As long as you agree, I've nothing more to say pertaining to this point. yes he knows Galactus inside and out and lives for destroying him. While Galactus though of tyrant very little if at all after their battle. This will always give Tyrant the edge in terms of preparation. With that being said Galactus would indeed be more ready if they should meet again.

Ouallada
Fair enough. thumb up

quanchi112
Fair enough. thumb up smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus sent Sphinx back to ancient Egypt...

As someone brought up time manip.

Tenebrous
Scans?

G stripped sphinx of his power, then trapped sphinx in a (at the time) perpetual time loop...so sphinx would relive his rise to power, his temporary dominance, his confrontation with G, and subsequent depowerment, over and over and over and over again in humiliating fashion.

someone also mentioned ss traveled through time on his own power, which he did with the power cosmic, which obviously means G can do it as well.

G also has conceptions of time not normally available to other characters...i.e. if a character has traveled through time, G will know just by....knowing.

Ex.
G proclaims his recreation of Zenn-La will fool everyone, only the future SS knows what G has done since he saw it happen, but galactus knows that surfer has time traveled:
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2461/silversurferv3130p23bu2.th.jpg

Mr_internet
odin wins.

Utrigita
And how long does it take for Odin to rebuild stuff? smile

I'd REALLY like to see the scan taht testifies Thanos' power levels being amplified once again.

Not very long yet it doesn't change the fact that he didn't care about asgard as fangirl101 claimed he did.

I believe someone mentioned it earlier and will probably have the scan available. smile

Utrigita
Tyrant got what Galactus wanted. the only thing he wanted Tyrant took.

Galactus using tech also suggests that he needed his tech to beat him.

Ok if Galactus could power up the energy Tyrant could still cause physical damage to his person as he did in the comic.

Which he Took because of Galactus caring about the universe higher then a herald, if Galactus at that moment couldn't have cared less about the universe what then?

He did need his tech that is correct in that specific incident yet we know that 1. Galactus can redublicate all the feats his tech perform 2. Galactus had to resort to tech since his energy blast according to Tyrant only served to power him further up, again Galactus just forgot that prior his blast had caused Tyrant harm and made Tyrant doubt the outcome of the conflict.

Yes and that is sure going to hurt a being that isn't physical in a true sense, a incident with the invisible women springs to mind.

Utrigita
One Omega was said to be more powerful than Galactus. I only need one. Plus it shows he can build one and replicate multiple powerful clones. I have not seen Galactus travel in time on a whim.

Let me see this statement was made after Omega had consumed three worlds...

Ouallada

I believe someone mentioned it earlier and will probably have the scan available. smile

The HOTU powerup? It's from Thanos #1. If you've been to the Thanos respect thread, there are a couple of scans on how HOTU is canon, with Thanos talking about said events to Warlock. The scan you want is the next page. I'll scan it within the next couple of days.

I initially thought he mentioned it against the Maker, but I was mistaken.

Utrigita
doh it was there I saw it thanks Ouallada thumb up

lannfear
will try t find the refernce but am sure that after odins fight with both thanos and Celestials ...he says that he was in a weakened state.....when odin "died" and thor absorbed his power, thor said that he had no idea that odin was that powerful....and can some one tell me has odin ever been depowered as the beyonder?.....odin of 20/30 yrs ago seemed more powerful than today....when odin fought set..he was weakened from trying to manipulate ragnarok,but the power they unleased rippled across all planes of reality...
cheers

Tenebrous
Originally posted by lannfear
will try t find the refernce but am sure that after odins fight with both thanos and Celestials ...he says that he was in a weakened state.....when odin "died" and thor absorbed his power, thor said that he had no idea that odin was that powerful....and can some one tell me has odin ever been depowered as the beyonder?.....odin of 20/30 yrs ago seemed more powerful than today....when odin fought set..he was weakened from trying to manipulate ragnarok,but the power they unleased rippled across all planes of reality...
cheers

Real world explanation:

Before marvel established and tied together the whole cosmic hierarchy, the skyfather deities were the most powerful "prominent" figures in the 60s, as in Odin, Zeus, etc.

LT, Eternity, and Galactus were introduced in the 60s after Odin. Mistress Death, the Celestials, Master Order and Lord Chaos were introduced into continuity in the 70s.

Over the next several years marvel began to tie together all these cosmic entities into interrelating checks, balances, and pecking orders that literally held the entire marvel universe in place and perpetuated its existence and maintained its development.

The skyfather deities were relegated to secondary status (as seen in the celestial vs. skyfather arcs, master order and lord chaos observing odin from the cosmos, etc.) and were supreme unto normal characters, but the newly established cosmic hierarchy was above even them.

Jack Kirby, when explaining his approach in creating Galactus, pretty much summed it up when he called Galactus "above mythic figures" such as Odin, Thor, (who were also created by kirby) etc., as well as "the first god" in comics. Now, having also created Odin, in addition to galactus, kirby knew what he was talking about.

So basically, Odin was created before the cosmic hierarchy. Before the hierarchy, he was the most powerful entity seen in marvel. After the hierarchy was established and their roles assigned, all the skyfathers took a collective back seat.

Cosmics>>>>>>Skyfathers every damn time.

Nihilist
the thread starter indicated galactus has just eaten earth,so he'd be extremely powerful.during annihilation he destroyed 3 galaxys whilst being very very weak.
surely a well fed galactus would decimate even more being well fed.
could the team with stand that power?

lannfear
thanks for the info...understand that the cosmic deities above the standard gods....guess am old fashioned......still wouldn't want to get Odin angry at me.. laughing So where did the ones who sit in shadow stand in the scheme of things as they were refered to as gods to the gods?.....has there been any example of their power?...

quanchi112
G stripped sphinx of his power, then trapped sphinx in a (at the time) perpetual time loop...so sphinx would relive his rise to power, his temporary dominance, his confrontation with G, and subsequent depowerment, over and over and over and over again in humiliating fashion.

someone also mentioned ss traveled through time on his own power, which he did with the power cosmic, which obviously means G can do it as well.

G also has conceptions of time not normally available to other characters...i.e. if a character has traveled through time, G will know just by....knowing.

Ex.
G proclaims his recreation of Zenn-La will fool everyone, only the future SS knows what G has done since he saw it happen, but galactus knows that surfer has time traveled:
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2461/silversurferv3130p23bu2.th.jpg I did happen upon this comic many years ago. I forgot about it.

quanchi112
Which he Took because of Galactus caring about the universe higher then a herald, if Galactus at that moment couldn't have cared less about the universe what then?

He did need his tech that is correct in that specific incident yet we know that 1. Galactus can redublicate all the feats his tech perform 2. Galactus had to resort to tech since his energy blast according to Tyrant only served to power him further up, again Galactus just forgot that prior his blast had caused Tyrant harm and made Tyrant doubt the outcome of the conflict.

Yes and that is sure going to hurt a being that isn't physical in a true sense, a incident with the invisible women springs to mind. This may bother you but its still canon. Again Galactus and Tyrant both agreed conflict wouldnt benefit either one but Tyrant put his foot down and took Morg from him. They were to fight another day. Dont blame Tyrant for Galactus' poor prep.

It made Tyrant doubt the conflict but it powered him up. So in the end blasting him further would also power him up further.

quanchi112
Let me see this statement was made after Omega had consumed three worlds... You may not agree but the statement was still made.

Utrigita
You may not agree but the statement was still made.

That it was but my point is that it was made after three world was consumed smile

Utrigita
This may bother you but its still canon. Again Galactus and Tyrant both agreed conflict wouldnt benefit either one but Tyrant put his foot down and took Morg from him. They were to fight another day. Dont blame Tyrant for Galactus' poor prep.

It made Tyrant doubt the conflict but it powered him up. So in the end blasting him further would also power him up further.

I have never said it wasn't have I no what I'm talking about is the confrontation between the two and what would happen in a three skirmish, in such a incident imo Galactus wouldn't lose. Poor Prep that depends on how you look at it.

It maked him doubt and caused him harm.

quanchi112
That it was but my point is that it was made after three world was consumed smile Fine Omega was stated as being more powerful than Galactus but had only one appearance that doesnt stack up with Galactus high feats, but the statement still stands.

quanchi112
I have never said it wasn't have I no what I'm talking about is the confrontation between the two and what would happen in a three skirmish, in such a incident imo Galactus wouldn't lose. Poor Prep that depends on how you look at it.

It maked him doubt and caused him harm. Ok but you would sa tha Galactus prepped well for his confrontation with Tyrant in which he was losing? Fine have it your way. smile

Utrigita
Fine Omega was stated as being more powerful than Galactus but had only one appearance that doesnt stack up with Galactus high feats, but the statement still stands.

It still stands yes, that it holds absolutely no weight is a entirely different matter.

quanchi112
It still stands yes, that it holds absolutely no weight is a entirely different matter. I think a statement made by Thanos holds a lot of weight.

Utrigita
I think a statement made by Thanos holds a lot of weight.

Yes that statement does however Captain Marvel who feels his powerlevels with his cosmic awarness doesn't especially since we know the circumstances.

And Again one think is what Omega was built to perform another thing is what he actually showed/did.

quanchi112
Yes that statement does however Captain Marvel who feels his powerlevels with his cosmic awarness doesn't especially since we know the circumstances.

And Again one think is what Omega was built to perform another thing is what he actually showed/did. Galactus has low feats as well. This Omega was still a work in progress and really didnt have the mind to defeat all the forces allied against him. He was stated as having more power than Galactus and considering all the times Thanos was right and how he himself saved Galactus from Hunger I would sa its safe to say he knows his crap. stick out tongue

Utrigita
Don't try and bring forth the low feats from a Character that has been around in more then 30 years against one that maked one apperance which was close to one bunch of low feats. So Omega is dumb as a door too great. Let me see Thanos saved Galactus because Hunger adapted to Galactus attacks yes thats right....

quanchi112
Don't try and bring forth the low feats from a Character that has been around in more then 30 years against one that maked one apperance which was close to one bunch of low feats. So Omega is dumb as a door too great. Let me see Thanos saved Galactus because Hunger adapted to Galactus attacks yes thats right.... Galactus released Hunger against Thanos' advice then Thanos had to take care of the problem. I mean he created a version of Galactus just screwing around. The guy is a friggin genius.

Tenebrous
Galactus released Hunger against Thanos' advice then Thanos had to take care of the problem. I mean he created a version of Galactus just screwing around. The guy is a friggin genius.

Which Thanos admited was a "terrible error on my part" (thanos #3) laughing out loud

King Kandy
Team two wins. Hell, Thanos on his own has given Galactus trouble and Full Power Tyrant was a serious threat to him. Also Tyrant's tech nearly defeated him. Adding Odin on makes this a definite win. All three of them can easily take out heralds so they are non-factors.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by King Kandy
Team two wins. Hell, Thanos on his own has given Galactus trouble. Also Tyrant's tech nearly defeated him.

No man, that's just not true. Thanos was humbled by Galactus. See my scans earlier in the thread.

Tryant had no tech that defeated Galactus...it was Galactus' own tech, used on Tyrant, that defeated him.

quanchi112
Which Thanos admited was a "terrible error on my part" (thanos #3) laughing out loud What was an error on his part? The Hunger thing or the Omega thing?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>