Mars: Cold Awakenings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Just Jacob
Someone.. someTHINGs attack the base. At first they were easy to drive off, but they started to get stronger and had more numbers. Still it was nothing to hold them off, but then after a while, the fact we couldn't leave must have set it. I say this because... our teammates.. our friends, started to kill each other and started to mutilate their own bodies. After a while, they just started to get more and more distant untill they were like zombies. They just attacked at random. If anyone finds this tape do not.....

Transmission failed.

This RP will be based on a newly founded Mars colony. It starts out with an astounding boom and almost doubled it's expected population in just two years. Everything was going perfectly untill a group of scientists started to push were they didn't belong. It all started with the face of Mars. When the scientists failed to report in for a third day, a dispatch team was sent in. When only two of the soldiers returned they knew something was wrong. You are the latest shipment of citizens destined for Mars base. Since the attack was so swift, no one recieved word. You and your companions are about to set foot on a base where not even the citizens know what is going on, and no one is answering questions.

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Mindset:
Items: (No weapons or explosives)
Skills:
Ethnicity:
Description:

THIS IS THE BIO THREAD. NOT THE RP

darkxbox
Name: david fenta
Proffesion: military officer, survivor
Height: 5,9"
Weight: 173 lb's
Mindset: determined to get the survivors offworld before THEY come
Items: one of those flashlights with an unlimited battery
Skills: sniper, but good with any rifle
Ethnicity: white
Description: average looking human male, blue eyes, can't remember life between 3 and 15, lived in montgomery alabama during childhood. graduated from MIT before joining the military. was one of the first military groups to go there.

Just Jacob
For the survivors of the attack, to make it more suspensefull and dramatic, no one will believe the survivors. The survivors will know what is happening so it will kinda be aggrivating. For a more realistic feel, there will be some that believe and live, and those who don't and die.

Oh and by the way, this is just a zombie RP for a lot of the first part.

Name: Jacob E. Book
Proffesion: M.M.C. (Mars Marine Corps)
Height: 6'
Weight: 163
Mindset: Detremined to find out what happened to the others while simultaniously running a good ship.
Items: Small
Skills: Excellent with a shotgun.
Ethnicity: White
Description: Just another average soldier when it comes down to it. More level headed then most that had seen heavy combat.

Shalimar_fox
Name:Kayla Windsmer
Proffesion:Army Medic
Height:5 foot 8
Weight: 130lbs
Mindset: Clear, focus on helping others
Items: Med kit, blood pressure cuff
Skills:Good with common hand guns
Ethnicity:Black/White
Description:Normal looking female,grey eyes, light brown hair.Average in hand to hand combat

android217
Name: Kurt Parker
Profession: N.Y.P.D., recently retired
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 214 lbs
Mindset: Aggressive, determined, quick acting
Items: Suitcase, old uniform
Skills: Well-trained with hand guns
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Description: Tall, oldish looking, has a scar on his upper right leg
Bio: Born and raised N.Y. before the rush to Mars. His parents couldn't afford to leave the Big Apple for a better life, so Kurt did what he could to help them. After being on the force for twenty years, Kurt took a bullet to his upper right thigh, leaving him limping for the rest of his life. After getting shot, he decided to use his savings to go to Mars.

DangerousBeauty
Name: Exene Vadana
Profession: still looking
Height: 5"5'
Weight: 106
Mindset: pretty rebellious, loves a good party. She's kinda lazy, but when she needs to get up and going she's a great help. She really doesnt like to talk unless spoken to, normally keeps to herself.
Items: cloths and other personal belongings
Skills: She's good with her hands and stays in top physical condition
Ethnicity: white
Description: She left all her friends and family at home. They decided to stay but she wanted the hell out of that place. So one day she just up and left. She keeps in contact with them but she doesnt miss them much. Her life was too perfect on earth.

Jedireaper
Name: Loran Rek Mirez
Proffesion: M.I.S.D (Mars Internal Security Division)
Height: 183cm
Weight: 159
Mindset: Charged with finding the reason for the disappearances/Deaths and stopping the public from finding out.
Items: gas-mask, laser ID checker, hand-cuffs, DNA chaeker, print scanner.
Skills: Generally skilled.
Description: Has seen combat during one of the many riots that flung up during the foundation of Mars as an Earth colony by extremists and is no slouch in a fight. Cool headed and usually calm.

Just Jacob
Name: Sarah Book
Proffesion: Works at a fast food joint to make money to help her mother
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 104
Mindset: Scared
Items: House key, pendant
Skills: Lock pick
Description: When her mother gave birth to her, she left Jacob and headed for Mars. She is now dabbling into small criminal activities.

EDIT

Jedireaper
EDIT

Name: Loran Rek Mirez
Appearance: Blue eyes, Black hair.

darkxbox
Originally posted by Just Jacob
Name: Sarah Book
Proffesion: Works at a fast food joint to make money to help her mother
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 104
Mindset: Scared
Items: House key, pendant
Skills: Lock pick
Description: When her mother gave birth to her, she left Jacob and headed for Mars. She is now dabbling into small criminal activities.

EDIT

you do realize that that would have made him 16 when sarah was born.

Just Jacob
I did it that way, so it would make more since for the mother to leave him.

Jedireaper
nice.

DangerousBeauty
aww so cute jacob is a daddy! :P when i first read her intro i imagened a little girl, not a 17 year old woman. lol

Jedireaper
And as this seventeen year-old daughter hides behind her 'Daddy' I can imagine her being seven or thirteen, maybe fifteen, but they characterization is not a 17 year old by maturity standards. I dunno, maybe play down the scared child a bit Jacco. ::WTF::

Just Jacob
daughters always hide behind their dads

Jedireaper
Whatever, your RP.

darkxbox
may i introduce a friendly alien species. if so:

mejen
small aliens, similar to elites but without armor. wear small helmets
mostly do maintenance work.
their helmet has a small laser torch emmitter attached as a repair tool and self defense weapon
are very dangerous in groups

Just Jacob
We'll have to introduce them after we return to command station. That's so that we won't expect anything but the zombies.

Jedireaper
I'll try and post at least once today. Ok! Sorry sad

darkxbox
ok...*reads jr's post* ok

actually, i was planning on them being their to repear the contaminent leak, but then they help us escape the infected horde, but i guess your's is ok.

Just Jacob
Now that I've seen yours.. it kicks my ideas ass stick out tongue

DangerousBeauty
im just gonna hold action on Exene until I'm needed just assume she's been checked out and such.

Just Jacob
Well my group will have the first of the injured survivors

DangerousBeauty
o.0... she's not a doctor.

Just Jacob
Yeah but there will be a LOT of commotion and panic

DangerousBeauty
fun! I love commotion and panic!

darkxbox
Originally posted by Just Jacob
Now that I've seen yours.. it kicks my ideas ass stick out tongue

does that mean that i can go for it?! eek! *does happy dance*

darkxbox
name: bilo (pronounced bi-yo )
mejen
3"2
47 lbs
female
drecs first mate, bilo ha always liked the thrill of hunting and the taste of fresh meat. she was the first of his mates and has been with him ever since.
has a calm personality

name: hige (the g is silent )
mejen
2"7
39 lbs
female
drecs second mate, only just joined his family, but loves to be around him and bilo. unlike bilo, dislikes hunting to a certain degree, perfers to trap the animal, then return it to the den alive, where drec can kill it.
has a clingy personality

Name: drec (dre-k)
mejen
2"9
43 lbs
male
has a distinct scar over his left eye. as a mature adult, drec has been very defensive. he never was cared for as a young one, however, after a strike on his clan left him and his brother as the last remaining, he realized that he had to get along with his allies to survive. has been mating since he was 11. does not trust humans because of what they did to his previous clan.
has a defensive, rude, and selfish personaluity around humans.

notes about this species:
they mate for life
one male can have more than one female mate, and vice versa
they hunt in packs, like wolves. they have a superb jumping ability
average life expectancy is 45 years
many dont trust humans because at first they were brought to earth as slaves. have the same rights as humans.
they dont have gay people in their species, it goes against their natural instinct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.