Who is faster, Nightcrawler or the Flash?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Flash and Nightcrawler are in the center of a large city. They decide to race to an area on the edge of the city. Nightcrawler has this area imprinted in his mind. Can the Flash beat Nightcrawler?

Galan007
If NC's 'porting = instantaneous, then he should win.

ragesRemorse
That is the purpose of this thread. Is there ever a scenario where the Flash is faster than teleportation?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
If NC's 'porting = instantaneous, then he should win.

It's not. Several people (Wolverine comes to mind) have reacted to it. Besides Wally has out raced the thoughts of people trying to teleport.

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's not. Several people (Wolverine comes to mind) have reacted to it. Besides Wally has out raced the thoughts of people trying to teleport. /thread.

Disappear
i don't believe nightcrawler's teleporting is instantaneous. it's rather close, i would suppose, but the slipping between dimensional walls and realignment of his body and all that takes some very, very brief amounts of time. add into the equation that flash's body can move at speeds that defy the electrical signals a normal body could send, meaning he can start running before kurt even gets the mental command "teleport" through his head. it's close. maybe it depends on the distance. we don't know enough about the time aspect of kurt's teleporting.

Battlehammer
flash easily

Darth Vicious
I think it depends on the actual distance. The longer the distance, the best chance NC has.

ragesRemorse
So, do obstacles have a determining factor?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
So, do obstacles have a determining factor?

Every Flash since Barry has been able to phase through objects.

Darth Vicious
Not so much for Flash since his reflexes are as fast as he is. Doesnt NC have an extra sens ethat doesnt allow him to teleport into solid objects?

roughrider
Last I remember, Nightcrawler can only teleport a few miles at a time. Even though it's instant, it would take him a few jumps to reach the edge of a major city. I suspect a speedforce-added Flash could best even that.

Tron
What's the maximum distance Nightcrawler can go in a single teleport? I still think Flash takes it. If he can clear an entire city during a nuclear explosion, he can outrun Kurt's teleporting, in my opinion.

Darth Vicious
2 miles but according to wiki he has done 50 miles.

Endrict Nuul
Flash wins.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Flash and Nightcrawler are in the center of a large city. They decide to race to an area on the edge of the city. Nightcrawler has this area imprinted in his mind. Can the Flash beat Nightcrawler?

I gotta ask this....which of all the Flashes do you have in mind?

Jay, Bart, Barry, or Wally?

Darth Vicious
I was thinking it was Barry all along. If it is Jay Garrick, NC wins. lol.

MightyEInherjar
I know there's a scan of Flash beating "instantaneous travel," so even if Nightcrawler's teleportation was instant, the Flash would still win.

Symmetric Chaos
It was explained as him moving faster than the thought to teleport could be made IIRC.

MightyEInherjar
It was explained as him moving faster than the thought to teleport could be made IIRC.
Could've sworn it had him beating out some robot/alien thing, and it commenting on how he beat "instantaneous travel."

Edit: Here we go:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal18.jpg

ScarletSpeed
Flash is way faster. He would reach a destination in half the time it took Nightcrawler to teleport, his teleportation is very slow compared to The Flash.

Disappear
nightcrawler is supposed to have different maximum lengths based on how he moves in relation to earth's magnetic field. north or south, with the flow of the magnetic energy, is three miles. east or west is supposedly two, and up or down would be one. least that's what i've always heard. i think he teleported across the atlantic in a few strained jumps in a claremont story, though.

either way, if flash can move more quickly than a teleporter can even initiate the thought process, there isn't much of a competition.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Disappear
nightcrawler is supposed to have different maximum lengths based on how he moves in relation to earth's magnetic field. north or south, with the flow of the magnetic energy, is three miles. east or west is supposedly two, and up or down would be one. least that's what i've always heard. i think he teleported across the atlantic in a few strained jumps in a claremont story, though.

He managed to teleport approximetely 50 miles in the End of the Grey's arc by Chris Claremont....

Anyway Flash can think faster then Nightcrawler can think and I don't think he's porting is instantaneous, more so Dimension hopping.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He managed to teleport approximetely 50 miles in the End of the Grey's arc by Chris Claremont....

Anyway Flash can think faster then Nightcrawler can think and I don't think he's porting is instantaneous, more so Dimension hopping.
cosigned.

Juntai
Flash wins.

wannabe
Nightcrawler is my favourite male X-man and i can't stand logically unbeatable characters like the Flash. Nonetheless the latter of the two IS nigh unbeatable, especially when it comes to speed - so no chance for my fellow german mutant.

Entity
Also Flash can defy time itself with his speed so that makes pretty much anything he's racing against irrelevant.
Flash could technically get there before the race began could he not?

MightyEInherjar
Once again: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/specosmicsteal18.jpg

manjaro
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think it depends on the actual distance. The longer the distance, the best chance NC has.

not so much...the very last issue of JLA shows this...flash and wonder woman beat the shit out of that Queen Bee chick and she was gonna escape via teleportation. there were in this facility and as she phased out flash was able to beat her to the destination and i believe it was a few cities or states away....plus it was a matter transmitter that converted solid objects to photons and teleport at the speed of light.....so NC is pretty fast but his teleport isnt light speed

Captain Angont
Flash easily.

Soljer
Flash races there, back, and there again before Nightcrawler can even think to begin teleporting.

Just to show off.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
Also Flash can defy time itself with his speed so that makes pretty much anything he's racing against irrelevant.
Flash could technically get there before the race began could he not?

Not really. Causality seems protected by the Speedforce as well. Sans treadmill I don't think there are any canon example of any Flash traveling through time.

Disappear
he raced the black flash to the end of the universe, where death became non-existent and the black flash disappeared. that said, saying flash could arrive before the race even began implies that he's travelling two ways in time at once, which seems impossible.

Soljer
Not really. Causality seems protected by the Speedforce as well. Sans treadmill I don't think there are any canon example of any Flash traveling through time.

*nods* There is. Check Rorschach's respect thread. It's quite comprehensive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.