Pirate Sisters Forever - the friendship and nostalgia thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrowluv
Similar to the OT thread, but a place for us to talk about us, our adventures in embracing our inner pirates and reviving stories about the good old days over a mug of Tortuga's finest. Some of us aren't into pirates as much anymore and mostly come on for the close bonds we developed with the other memebers, so here is a new place to come!

Come on, everyone! Lets keep the bonds going strong, we're pirate sisters, remember?

*hugs pirate family*

willofthewisp
Fantastic idea, savvy! How is the contest coming?

tee_pirategirl
great idea. how IS the contest coming? i can't wait to see the results!

T.Maria
savvvy!! big grinbig grinbig grin
*jumps on and squeezes*

brilliant idea!!big grin

I love ALL of my piratistas!!! big grinbig grin

savvysparrowluv
*squeezes T.Maria back*

The contest is going well, we should be posting the results with the banners any day now. big grin Sorry for the delay, its mostly my fault since i've been lax about making the banners sad

So glad to see all you girls big grin

Tramps Lady
lol... *group hug!*

lmao! yesterday, our fave radio show "hamish and andy" was on.. and they were getting people calling up to give them ideas about a new flavour chip. and someone called and said a johnny depp flavour chip... and i screamed:P yumsmile

willofthewisp
Ooh, what would a Johnny Depp chip taste like?

Tramps Lady
yummy?

IheartPocky
Red wine and French cuisine with a touch of salt water and dirt?

Or... I don't know. haha How about a whole line of Johnny chips? One for each of his characters and then of course himself! big grin

texgodiva2s
that great cracked black pepper--strong enough to bear stinky cheese or brie and great with red wine!!

willofthewisp
Hee hee, rum-flavored chips.

texgodiva2s
Miz WilloftheWisp--now those would be some stout chips!!

zac_depp_is_luv
oo yay! a bonding thread!!!!! luv ally ou guys!!! ok, what contest are you all talking about..i feel SO out of the loop here now...

miss_swann
I'm back is that nostalgic?

willofthewisp
Glad to have you back, miss swann.

I love you guys. Have any of you ventured out to the other forums here? They're much more mean-spirited. Here, it's like we're all a family, even when we disagree. It's a nice place for me to run back to with my tail between my legs. love

zac_depp_is_luv
omg! tramps!!!! your sigg! i made a set just like that :-)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/luvsjohnny2thedeppsofmyheart/wallpaper%20avvys%20siggys/muttcopy.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/luvsjohnny2thedeppsofmyheart/wallpaper%20avvys%20siggys/muttav.jpg

texgodiva2s
Well done siggy, piratista!! Lovely indeed.

and Miz WilloftheWisp, I've tried some other forums and just chickened out. From the first time I posted, about a week after I discovered the pants part of this forum....(lol even now) I felt like y'all accepted my rantings and ravings. Lots of real bright womens makes for a good place to play--some man energy would be nice I suppose--I'm just not there in my thinking at this time. Theys good for lots, but this cussing and discussing, it's truly our arena.

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, I still love it here too, when I came here, I think it was before the second movie, everyone accepted me and made me feel good. and even here we could start serious discussion and don't get shot when you say something against someone else opinion. (and even everyone doesn't tell me I should learn better english) ladys I love you and you make my day!!

willofthewisp
Well said, jacky! As hard a language as English is, I think you do a terrific job with it. I wouldn't even know it wasn't your first language if your location didn't say Germany.

I think we've all done a good job with respecting each other's opinions. It's like we're the Ya Ya Sisterhood of the KMC Forums or something.

Jacky Sparrow
I just learned english for 8 years, but I love this language somehow to write stuff and express things. The problem is I often use the german way how to put the words in order and there you can see it. But I do it as well in Spanish and Italian. So I thinks it just need a lot practise and here I get it!
Yeah and after the third movie, I wasn't here nearly a year and when you come back, you're still accepted and it's like you never left!!

zac_depp_is_luv
wow you guys! i learned this language like......14 years ago! lol!

texgodiva2s
Miz Jacky, I am so humbled--oh, in Spanish and Italian too...good grief, I'm so proud of myself when I can get most of it correct in English and not embarass myself too desperately when I open my mouth to speak-- Cakes, you are amazing--never doubt it even a little bit.

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by EBCullenClanFan
omg! tramps!!!! your sigg! i made a set just like that :-)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/luvsjohnny2thedeppsofmyheart/wallpaper%20avvys%20siggys/muttcopy.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/luvsjohnny2thedeppsofmyheart/wallpaper%20avvys%20siggys/muttav.jpg

i'm going to ask....can i steal???smile

IheartPocky
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Glad to have you back, miss swann.

I love you guys. Have any of you ventured out to the other forums here? They're much more mean-spirited. Here, it's like we're all a family, even when we disagree. It's a nice place for me to run back to with my tail between my legs. love

You're so riiight! They make fun of us too lol They call us crazy fan girls. Oops. I have to censor what I want to type. I guess I'll just say... forget them. big grin

PirateDiva
Where my Pirate Sistas at? lol

well since this is the nostalgic thread I just thought I'd come on here to say that I have some very fond memories of this forum!

2007 was the year i turned 21 and I was partying Tues. through Sunday and I worked and my schedule was always filled with something to do, yet somehow I made it a priority to come on here as often as I could. I tell you this because in one of the craziest years of my life I somehow managed to dedicate a great deal of time to Sparrabeth simply because they owned my heart, and they still do!

You girls also played a huge part in the reason why I was on here basically every min. I wasn't out..lol! In you girls I found comfort and joy and happiness and laughter (oh gosh I laughed a lot coming here!) I strongly feel that because of you girls and this forum I still have my sanity! Because going through the craziest year in my life and loving Sparrabeth as much as I did and not having a place to go to to drown out my frustrations with the way Sparrabeth ended would have surely put me in the looney house! lol So I just want to thank you all for being there for me and being a part of this forever amazing forum! I don't know what I would have done or where I would be now if I didn't luck into finding this forum and finding friends in all of you!!

Love u all!! love

In the future when I think of 2006-2007 I will forever remember turning 21, Sparrabeth and this forum with all my crazy Piratista Sistas!! big grin

Magic Love
This place is cool I can't wait to get to know you better *hugs*

tee_pirategirl
we're glad to have you magic!!

diva? I agree with u completely. i really adore what u guys and this place does for me. i laugh so much and even though it;s not as carzy as it used to be i think we've reached the mature part of our relationship you know? (like after that first year when the sparks die but u know ur in love)

and i'll always remember 2006-2007 as one of the best summers of my life, sparrabeth, this forum...
i was also having a busy year. i moved away from the US, trying to adapt and learn a new language...and still i loved to come here as much as possible. all cuz of ye guys!! u kept me sane...thanks!

Jacky Sparrow
@ tee_pirategirl: which language??

and yes, I know when I first came here, I really loved it. Especially all the deep conversations, discussion but as well having fun!!! I'm addicted to it, to you all, ladies (do we have boys here? if so I'll apologize)

tee_pirategirl
ah french...good ol' france! dog poop, bakeries and lots of identical clothing. what's there not to love? at least i live one metro stop away from johnny's house huh?

im glad u feel the same about this place jacky. i do so love the discussions and im addicted as one can be!

Tramps Lady
heheheh *sits down while watching pirates 3 at 11:36pm* smile

demon-lllama
Originally posted by savvysparrowluv
Similar to the OT thread, but a place for us to talk about us, our adventures in embracing our inner pirates and reviving stories about the good old days over a mug of Tortuga's finest. Some of us aren't into pirates as much anymore and mostly come on for the close bonds we developed with the other memebers, so here is a new place to come!

Come on, everyone! Lets keep the bonds going strong, we're pirate sisters, remember?

*hugs pirate family* So, I was right, you discussed not being into Pirates much, anymore. I, unfortunately, am always hopping around the net posting about Pirates + Sweeney + Charlie, and some other things. Charlie is my favorite movie, though most people I meet prefer Sweeney.

Originally posted by PirateDiva
Where my Pirate Sistas at? lol

well since this is the nostalgic thread I just thought I'd come on here to say that I have some very fond memories of this forum!

2007 was the year i turned 21 and I was partying Tues. through Sunday and I worked and my schedule was always filled with something to do, yet somehow I made it a priority to come on here as often as I could. I tell you this because in one of the craziest years of my life I somehow managed to dedicate a great deal of time to Sparrabeth simply because they owned my heart, and they still do!

You girls also played a huge part in the reason why I was on here basically every min. I wasn't out..lol! In you girls I found comfort and joy and happiness and laughter (oh gosh I laughed a lot coming here!) I strongly feel that because of you girls and this forum I still have my sanity! Because going through the craziest year in my life and loving Sparrabeth as much as I did and not having a place to go to to drown out my frustrations with the way Sparrabeth ended would have surely put me in the looney house! lol So I just want to thank you all for being there for me and being a part of this forever amazing forum! I don't know what I would have done or where I would be now if I didn't luck into finding this forum and finding friends in all of you!!

Love u all!! love

In the future when I think of 2006-2007 I will forever remember turning 21, Sparrabeth and this forum with all my crazy Piratista Sistas!! big grin Neat, that is also the year I turned 21. Life was hard.

And that says it all for me. And most of this Thread went into food?

texgodiva2s
Hard life? Naw, beats heck outta playing cards--it's sweet mostly. My old friend taught me you can surf or suffer and all y'all have helped me pick the right waves. Easy, now, that is a fact, life's never easy...but it's so much fun to learn about new stuff--I think what briefly made me think life was hard was the growing pains aspect. When you're coming up you think all growing pains are over when you get hair and height, the outside stuff--nope then you get the head and heart, inside growing pains and those keep right on happening. After I figured it out, I was a lot more on the ball you know. And, not to give you big heads or anything, not one person here seems to be behind in the well-aware category--in fact, I would venture to say, you all seem to be at least one standard deviation on the bell curve above the masses! You have much more of a global outlook than most folks your ages and much more likely to learn from rather than reject or disregard ideas that are different from your core beliefs--and that's another thing--and a BIGGIE I might add, you appear to have a code, some basic life truths that you hold dear and from those, there is a world around you. Can't imagine any of you being swayed by someone else's thinking--persuaded yes, not lead by your nose. Pretty doggone impressive from where I stand--y'all got awesome skills and abilities coupled with a sense of humor. Unbeatable!! IMHO! big grin

J.P Jaeh_Poole
I've been away for so long!

I miss y'all guys! How are you doing??????????????

PirateDiva
JAEH!!!!! Ahhhhhh!! I missed you!!! Never leave us again!!!!

We r good! How bout urself!!?

J.P Jaeh_Poole
aww you missed me! thanks.. big grin

I've been slaving away in college and in the fandom of National Treasure... But I'm back! I just hope that i don't forget to drop by again!

SO how's everyone? How's the forum? What's up and been up? big grin

LEWZMP
i dont liek u

texgodiva2s
Remember go to edit options and choose edit ignore list if you aren't pleased by the post--that way you can skip the unfortunate

Bwa Ha Ha
........... Forget LEWZMP.

What of me?

willofthewisp
MERRY CHRISTMAS, GALS WHO LOVE POTC!

Bwa Ha Ha
Dancing Time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.