KMC: How well is it? Generally discuss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain SEX
My diagnosis it's in need of medication!

ragesRemorse
what kind of medicine?

I think it could use more flowers in the garden, but otherwise, it's aces.

Bardock42
I disagree. It is better than lets say 3 months ago at least. It had decent discussion, people have fun and drama in the OTF. The trolls are amusing, but get dealt with appropriately. The moderators behave reasonably and leave the users enough space to express themselves. It's in a decent state. Maybe not the most I ever enjoyed it, but certainly not the worst. To me.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Bardock42
I disagree. It is better than lets say 3 months ago at least. It had decent discussion, people have fun and drama in the OTF. The trolls are amusing, but get dealt with appropriately. The moderators behave reasonably and leave the users enough space to express themselves. It's in a decent state. Maybe not the most I ever enjoyed it, but certainly not the worst. To me.

Expand please, what do you feel was limiting discussion previously?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain SEX
Expand please, what do you feel was limiting discussion previously? Well, moderaters were much more enforcing in the GDF. You couldn't stroll away from a topic very far and the conversation could not turn too mature. Which was limiting the GDF immensely. But now they take a more lenient approach, which makes sense, especially since the youngest people in the GDF are like 16 anyways. I guess if there was a way to make the GDF for 16 year olds and above, we could altogether be more free here, without the fear that someday someone might decide that PG13 rules have to be enforced for some people. But it is good and fun at the moment, imo.

Robtard
My diagnosis it's in need of medication!

I hope this Kirk persona is as good as the other one.

Captain SEX
Well, moderaters were much more enforcing in the GDF. You couldn't stroll away from a topic very far and the conversation could not turn too mature. Which was limiting the GDF immensely. But now they take a more lenient approach, which makes sense, especially since the youngest people in the GDF are like 16 anyways. I guess if there was a way to make the GDF for 16 year olds and above, we could altogether be more free here, without the fear that someday someone might decide that PG13 rules have to be enforced for some people. But it is good and fun at the moment, imo.

What does a 16 year old have to add to a discussion? As a 17 year old they seem very immature to me.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Robtard
I hope this Kirk persona is as good as the other one.

Other one? Only one Kirk exists!

Captain Angont
What does a 16 year old have to add to a discussion? As a 17 year old they seem very immature to me. laughing out loud

Robtard
Other one? Only one Kirk exists!

The name used escapes me at the moment, but it was the steroid using, ultimate-bodybuilder persona. The avatar had that classic pic of Kirk looking dumbfounded.

Bardock42
What does a 16 year old have to add to a discussion? As a 17 year old they seem very immature to me. I think basically everyone that can think has something to contribute.

But sadly, in our societies, including 13 year olds in a discussion, means that you have to exclude certain topics and language. Which shouldn't be necessary imo.

Captain SEX
I think basically everyone that can think has something to contribute.

But sadly, in our societies, including 13 year olds in a discussion, means that you have to exclude certain topics and language. Which shouldn't be necessary imo.

I agree about language... Tell me what does a 13 year old have to contribute to a discussion on Max Weber?

Captain SEX
The name used escapes me at the moment, but it was the steroid using, ultimate-bodybuilder persona. The avatar had that classic pic of Kirk looking dumbfounded.

Sounds cool... I also lift. Must be a starfleet thing!

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Whirlytroll b& in three...two...one...

McLovin

Tiberius.

Originally posted by McLovin
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/Secretus74/customsig_107185_hT.jpg

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Whirlytroll b& in three...two...one...

?

Bardock42
I agree about language... Tell me what does a 13 year old have to contribute to a discussion on Max Weber? Depends how much that 13 year old knows about him. Probably on average as much as a 37 year old on Pokemon.

Captain SEX
Tiberius.

I've just looked at his profile. He seems to still be a member!

Captain SEX
Depends how much that 13 year old knows about him. Probably on average as much as a 37 year old on Pokemon.

Do you discuss pokemon much? They bring the boys to the yard!!

Bardock42
Do you discuss pokemon much? They bring the boys to the yard!! I don't, a little more than Max Weber, but still an insignificant amount of my time goes into discussing Pokemon.

McLovin
I've just looked at his profile. He seems to still be a member!

To bad he can't remember his password.

Captain SEX

Yeah, poor guy!

Robtard

Hahaa. Funny.

Captain SEX
I don't, a little more than Max Weber, but still an insignificant amount of my time goes into discussing Pokemon.

So show me so of this eclectic conversation and debate Bardock.

Captain Angont
I agree about language... Tell me what does a 13 year old have to contribute to a discussion on Max Weber? Who now?

McLovin
Originally posted by Captain Angont
Who now?

Why are you talking to yourself?

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Captain Angont
Who now?

Bardock42
So show me so of this eclectic conversation and debate Bardock. 'tis private.

Captain SEX
'tis private.

But a forum should be public. I've looked at the threads at I have to say Bards. I don't see much...

Captain SEX
Why are you talking to yourself?

Ehhh?

Bardock42
But a forum should be public. I've looked at the threads at I have to say Bards. I don't see much...

Nah, there is lots. You just have to look without the inherent opinion that there isn't much.

Captain SEX
Nah, there is lots. You just have to look without the inherent opinion that there isn't much.

I see a lot of circular arguments. Take the Ali Vs Lee thread. I be if I went back 70 pages I would see almost exactly the same debate with no diffent facts or opinions. Is that discussion of any value?

Bardock42
I see a lot of circular arguments. Take the Ali Vs Lee thread. I be if I went back 70 pages I would see almost exactly the same debate with no diffent facts or opinions. Is that discussion of any value? It is of value to the people that enjoy to participate in it.

Will it change the world?...I'd wager that not. But it doesn't have to.

Captain SEX
It is of value to the people that enjoy to participate in it.

Will it change the world?...I'd wager that not. But it doesn't have to.

Is it even stimulating. You can only be interested in someone typig

Bwuce Lee powns! 10034 times without getting bored seeing it.

chillmeistergen
The only thing I don't like is the censorship. Other than that, there's a few great members and an awful lot cretins - which is probably the way it should be.

Bardock42
Is it even stimulating. You can only be interested in someone typig

Bwuce Lee powns! 10034 times without getting bored seeing it. Some people apparently more.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
The only thing I don't like is the censorship. Other than that, there's a few great members and an awful lot cretins - which is probably the way it should be. I agree, I am pretty awesome.

Captain SEX
The only thing I don't like is the censorship. Other than that, there's a few great members and an awful lot cretins - which is probably the way it should be.

What do you consider makes someone a cretin? I use the term loosely as you are obviously not discussing the medical condition. What censorship don't you like?

chillmeistergen
What do you consider makes someone a cretin? I use the term loosely as you are obviously not discussing the medical condition. What censorship don't you like?

Well, there's a few members I'll use as examples: RJ, dadudemon, Deano etc. I obviously do not use the term in any sort of medical field, though I would advise these people to seek a professional diagnosis.

The censorship I don't like is the swear blocker, I really see no point in it. Also, the power that the mods have to move and close threads to inhibit a discussion they don't like.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Whirly, shut the **** up.

P23
i think kmc can offer more. the censorship shit is stupid. most of the members on the kmc boards are adults. another thing that thrives my brain is that the whole look for the thread before you create it crap. i aint trashing kmc im just being real. also id like to see some new aproaches when a person logs in. for instance use the stuff myspace does and have a song play when a person either looks at there pro or sighns on

chillmeistergen
**** that song playing shit entirely, I don't want to be subjected to the majority's shit taste.

dadudemon
**** that song playing shit entirely, I don't want to be subjected to the majority's shit taste.

LOL..."shit taste".

Captain SEX
Well, there's a few members I'll use as examples: RJ, dadudemon, Deano etc. I obviously do not use the term in any sort of medical field, though I would advise these people to seek a professional diagnosis.

The censorship I don't like is the swear blocker, I really see no point in it. Also, the power that the mods have to move and close threads to inhibit a discussion they don't like.

I have never spoken to the people you mention, so I cannot comment.

The swear blocker is surely a necessary evil to allow all above thirteen to peruse this site and engage in eclectic discussion with Bardock.

JacopeX
KMC needs.......

More strict Mods

Bashing/trolling rules should be enforced more seriously

a) Remove all trolls from KMC

b) Banning should be frequent

Bardock42

The swear blocker is surely a necessary evil to allow all above thirteen to peruse this site and engage in eclectic discussion with Bardock. Also cyber sex.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by JacopeX
KMC needs.......

More strict Mods

Bashing/trolling rules should be enforced more seriously

a) Remove all trolls from KMC

b) Banning should be frequent

Are you from South America by any chance? I hear dictatorships are popular in that region.

lord xyz
I've noticed a lot less anger and frustration and general abuse has been happening here.

chillmeistergen

The swear blocker is surely a necessary evil to allow all above thirteen to peruse this site and engage in eclectic discussion with Bardock.

I don't really believe that thirteen year olds should be sheltered from swear words.

dadudemon
Originally posted by lord xyz
I've noticed a lot less anger and frustration and general abuse has been happening here.

*ahem*

THE ONE IN GREEN, MOTHER****ER!

dadudemon
I don't really believe that thirteen year olds should be sheltered from swear words.

I agree. I didn't learn very many swear words after like...what...five?

Captain SEX
Also cyber sex.

What is "cyber sex"? It sounds incredibly futuristic, pray tell is a robot involved?

Originally posted by lord xyz

Yes, I suspect the aggressive, red faced, potential heart attack type members are all playing GTAIV.

Captain SEX

I see, don't you think it is this sort of decadent attitude that is causing the decline of the west? You can guarantee that would not be the attitude in China.

chillmeistergen
I see, don't you think it is this sort of decadent attitude that is causing the decline of the west? You can guarantee that would not be the attitude in China.

Far from it.

Bardock42
What is "cyber sex"? It sounds incredibly futuristic, pray tell is a robot involved?

Yes, I suspect the aggressive, red faced, potential heart attack type members are all playing GTAIV. There could be.

Originally posted by dadudemon
*ahem* Oh come on, there are way better examples in my behaviour for that.

dadudemon
Oh come on, there are way better examples in my behaviour for that.

I agree...just that one was about the only time you've done an all caps with a "mother****ker"...and it was kind of funny.

Bardock42
I agree...just that one was about the only time you've done an all caps with a "mother****ker"...and it was kind of funny.

That's what it was going for. Which is why I don't think it fits the description xyz gave.

dadudemon
That's what it was going for. Which is why I don't think it fits the description xyz gave.

But to a relative outsider to the conversation and your persona, that wouldn't be apparent, hence why I posted that example...and it was over the top.

Is this going to turn into another word game?

Bardock42
But to a relative outsider to the conversation and your persona, that wouldn't be apparent, hence why I posted that example...and it was over the top.

Is this going to turn into another word game? No. Everything has been said.

Deja~vu
This site is global. It's a BIG PLUS in my book. Many thoughts for contemplations. I for one just love it.

HARRY MUDD
Originally posted by Deja~vu
This site is global. It's a BIG PLUS in my book. Many thoughts for contemplations. I for one just love it.

A ringing endorsement!

jaden101
i think the GDF is full of completely uninteresting bullshit and has been for quite some time...most of the stuff is news stories or irrelevant crap

although i also think that discussion was in its prime in this forum in the run up to the last US presidential election simply because of the pro/anti Bush discussions.

other forums seem in reasonable shape...there is a decent enough amount of films to discuss...i also like the fact that things such as the ironman thread in the general movie forum doesn't get closed merely because there is a comic book movie forum...the general discussion is more friendly to newcomers to comic book stories who might only be getting introduced to the character through the film....they dont need to fear the LOLZOMFG STOOPID NOOB type insults that fanboyism inevitabley brings

i think there has been some overzealous moderating at times over the last while and people who didn't really need to be banned were....threads that didn't need to be closed were....and people who deserve to be banned aren't simply because they are known regular posters...

apart from that...all seems reasonable....it's a big enough forum to have a lot of discussion but small enough to get to know regular posters

queeq
Happy Dance

HARRY MUDD
Originally posted by jaden101
e....and people who deserve to be banned aren't simply because they are known regular posters...

Would you be prepared to name names? Is it because they suck up to a mod or mods.

jaden101
Originally posted by HARRY MUDD
Would you be prepared to name names? Is it because they suck up to a mod or mods.

i'm not a troll and naming names might be construed as such...it's just something i've noticed...it might be because different mods in different sections have different tolerance levels....who knows

HARRY MUDD
i'm not a troll and naming names might be construed as such...it's just something i've noticed...it might be because different mods in different sections have different tolerance levels....who knows

Fair enough. I think though people know who you mean.

Schecter

although i also think that discussion was in its prime in this forum in the run up to the last US presidential election simply because of the pro/anti Bush discussions.

yeah, what nonesense....discussing a president seeking a second term in a thread about the presidential elections...how trite and absurd.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Schecter
yeah, what nonesense....discussing a president seeking a second term in a thread about the presidential elections...how trite and absurd. Did you take what he said sarcastically?

Schecter
oops i misread. sorry. stick out tongue

jaden101
Originally posted by Schecter
oops i misread. sorry. stick out tongue

i called back the hounds....you're forgiven....this time stick out tongue

McLovin

I thought this guy was Whirlysplat?

DigiMark007 says it's an "AJ" sock.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=113998

Not that it really matters. Just out of curiosity .. wtf

JacopeX
Are you from South America by any chance? I hear dictatorships are popular in that region. ^^^^

Whatever point he was trying to make, it would have made me laugh. laughing

GCG
This thread is as appropriate as a dietary plan for ethiopians.

McLovin
TIA, Whirly.

Zeal Ex Nihilo

"AJ" is probably Whirly.

McLovin
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
"AJ" is probably Whirly.

It's sad when you can't even trust a sock to be a sock now a days.

Robtard
Amen, brother. I remember a time when there was honor among socks.

Devil King
Amen, brother. I remember a time when there was honor among socks.

I remember a time when there wasn't a need for honour among socks.

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
I remember a time when there wasn't a need for honour among socks.

You're old... it's not your time to travel over the Sea yet, there is still work to be done.

Devil King
You're old... it's not your time to travel over the Sea yet, there is still work to be done.

I used to think oceans could protect me!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
i think the GDF is full of completely uninteresting bullshit and has been for quite some time...most of the stuff is news stories or irrelevant crap

If you had girly nipples, sweet curves, pert breasts, long hair, a peachy behind, and...well...if you were basically a girl, I think I'd like to take you out for dinner and tell you nice things.

jaden101
well....i'm sure we can arrange something....might take a while to shave everything...unless you dont mind that sort of thing

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So, at the moment you tick all those other boxes, but it's just that you're a hairy girl?

botankus
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what kind of medicine?

I think it could use more flowers in the garden, but otherwise, it's aces.

Reminds me of the Weeds with Roses thread, which may have been the OP's intent.

jaden101
girly nipples: nothing an ice cube and a few pings from a plastic ruler cant sort out

sweet curves:...do love handles count?

pert breasts = moobs = man boobs

long hair: i have a slash wig if that style suits

peachy behind:...ticht as a mouse's ear

happy now?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Damn it! I thought I mentioned vagina! But I didn't!

You need one of those things, too...

Please.

dadudemon
girly nipples: nothing an ice cube and a few pings from a plastic ruler cant sort out

laughing

shifty

jaden101
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Damn it! I thought I mentioned vagina! But I didn't!

You need one of those things, too...

Please.

dagnamit...oh well...best laid plans of mice and men...i wont say which of us is which though...we'll leave that as the series cliffhanger

chithappens
I haven't been a member of KMC long but I generally find it to be a decent place for discussion.

I do find it funny that many of the people that complain of trolls entertain their topics so often but that's another topic entirely.

Syren

Double ban, awesome.

Deja~vu
I just speak what's on my mind, nothing more and nothing less. Tis the way it is in my world. Oh, and it's all relevant...My words mean something damn it to hell. big grin

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you had girly nipples, sweet curves, pert breasts, long hair, a peachy behind, and...well...if you were basically a girl, I think I'd like to take you out for dinner and tell you nice things. Go back and lick your cousins you tried to portray as your girlfriends. stick out tongue

Deano

So you spend your time moaning over other members of an Internet Forum. I think you need the help

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Deano
So you spend your time moaning over other members of an Internet Forum. I think you need the help

That's the topic of the thread, Deano, what you think is good and bad about the internet forum that you yourself post on.
I need help? You think that everyone who doesn't buy into your hourly changing conspiracy theories does.

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, the swear blocker is a joke. For instance, I can say titz, but I can't say ****. I can say f*ck, but I can't say ****. And when it comes to the word shit, it doesn't even try to block it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Yeah, the swear blocker is a joke. For instance, I can say titz, but I can't say ****. I can say f*ck, but I can't say ****. And when it comes to the word shit, it doesn't even try to block it.

That because the person who customized the swear blocker did not deem "shit" to exceed a PG-13 guideline. smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Deano

Dun worry about it. It was a joke.

=Tired Hiker=
That because the person who customized the swear blocker did not deem "shit" to exceed a PG-13 guideline. smile

I get it, but titz is so much more tame than shit. erm

chillmeistergen
I think it should be absolute, either all swear words are blocked, or none of them are. Being offended is a personal thing, I could well be far more offended by the word shit, than I am c*nt.

Bardock42
I think it should be absolute, either all swear words are blocked, or none of them are. Being offended is a personal thing, I could well be far more offended by the word shit, than I am c*nt. That's cause you are a ****, you shit.

Originally posted by Syren
Double ban, awesome.

I didn't know Digi could ban.

Also not an AJ sock.

=Tired Hiker=
I think it should be absolute, either all swear words are blocked, or none of them are. Being offended is a personal thing, I could well be far more offended by the word shit, than I am c*nt.

A very very valid point. And if one were to use both words in a sentence, such as "I saw shit come out of her c*nt," . . . . I mean, this could really scar someone.

WrathfulDwarf

I didn't know Digi could ban.

Yes he can as well as the rest. So don't mess with him.

I on the other hand....hug

Then I ban. evil face

Deja~vu
I like the MODs here....They seem so fair and stuff.........

happy

Besides they're funny and know when someones kissin up...........LOL

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Deja~vu
They seem so fair and stuff.........

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

dadudemon
Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

big grin

GCG
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
And when it comes to the word shit, it doesn't even try to block it.

Impossible to block the shit members post. sad

Besides why does the General Discussion have so many gay threads ; feels like the blue oyster in here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.