Iron Man vs Ms. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
http://image.comicvine.com:8000/item/2000/1455/135098-iron-man_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com:8000/item/22000/21561/5220-ms-marvel_400.jpg

grey fox
Going with Stark, while Carol can drain Tony's energy attacks he can generally outmanouver her and beat her black and blue.

nimbus006
This is tough.

Ms. Marvel might have more raw power, but IM is more versatile.

Both have great abilities. Good all around strength, speed, durability etc...

I see this pretty even.

Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Nihilist
id give the edge to stark,he recruited her for the ma knowing her strenghs...........and weaknesses.

grey fox
Originally posted by nimbus006
This is tough.

Ms. Marvel might have more raw power, but IM is more versatile.

Both have great abilities. Good all around strength, speed, durability etc...

I see this pretty even.

Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

I think tony's detailed understading of her powers (She IS a member of the Initative), Spin tech and Spider Sense could tip the balance for a 6-7 out of 10.

Lord Feron
Ms Marvel! i think she has big bewbs droolio. Um does Ms. MArvel get that binary powers?

nimbus006
Originally posted by grey fox
I think tony's detailed understading of her powers (She IS a member of the Initative), Spin tech and Spider Sense could tip the balance for a 6-7 out of 10.

Yea, that was something I was thinking of while typing the post then I got distracted and forgot to mention it.

I agree, Tony has an entire database on her powers.

Im sure he knows her inside and out shifty

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
id give the edge to stark,he recruited her for the ma knowing her strenghs...........and weaknesses. thumb up

draxx_tOfU
IM ftw...

if it was Binary though...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by grey fox

Wouldn't his supposed spider-sense be retconned now?

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wouldn't his supposed spider-sense be retconned now?

Tony doesn't have to know who Parker is to replicate his Spider Sense.

I believe (to avoid the giant-hairball-of nastiness) OMD tried to leave as much continuity as it possibly could alone, just removing/changing whatever it absolutely had to. (Unless otherwise specified).

Blair Wind
I dont get it....is Peter in his own continuity right now, or did the entire 616 change?

Priest
Iron Man

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I dont get it....is Peter in his own continuity right now, or did the entire 616 change?

I believe that the entire 616 changed to suit OMD - but it's mostly gone unnoticed in other titles. *shrug*

DigiMark007
Yeah, it's really just horrible. No one knows what happened, or if anything from Spidey's past is still canon. I treat everything as canon unless stated otherwise, since I'm fairly sure you're right Soljer: it tried to leave as many things intact as possible.

I'm still ultra-skeptical of the spider sense thing Tony did. Has he done it more than once? Did he have to recreate something for it to work in that instance? Was he just able to use it to negate Pete's sense? Is it intrinsic to his power set now or something he'd have to work at to replicate? It just seems...dumb. It's not a power that should be copy-able.

Starscream M
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's not a power that should be copy-able. why not...it's not magical in nature...and even that would be copyable in comics world.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Starscream M
why not...it's not magical in nature...and even that would be copyable in comics world.

Actually, it might be magical. Are you familiar with the totem interpretation that Ezekiel suggested for Pete's powers, and the mystical oddities surrounding his rebirth in "The Other?"

Anyway, it's pre-cognition. It strains credulity to think Tony could just throw together an armor upgrade that replicates it...even for a comic book.

Galan007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I dont get it....is Peter in his own continuity right now, or did the entire 616 change? You spelled it "S.H.E.I.L.D" in your location - it should be "S.H.I.E.L.D." smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.