Can we measure the value of discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HARRY MUDD
or not?

chillmeistergen
I once made a similar thread, it was closed.

HARRY MUDD
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I once made a similar thread, it was closed.

Really.....

Why?

chillmeistergen
See for yourself - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t479209.html

Bardock42
See for yourself - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t479209.html I think that is a slightly different thread. This one seems to ask for intrinsic value in a discussion, for example extra points for a most discussed thread. Or maybe depending on the participants.

HARRY MUDD
A lot of your questions went unanswered, as you said!

HARRY MUDD
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think that is a slightly different thread. This one seems to ask for intrinsic value in a discussion, for example extra points for a most discussed thread. Or maybe depending on the participants.

Although I like his thread and a lot of his questions did go unanswered Bardock.

Bardock42
Originally posted by HARRY MUDD
Although I like his thread and a lot of his questions did go unanswered Bardock. I agree, just saying.

chillmeistergen
I think that is a slightly different thread. This one seems to ask for intrinsic value in a discussion, for example extra points for a most discussed thread. Or maybe depending on the participants.

Yeah, good point.

Robtard

Slippery slope, there are threads in the OTF that have hundreds of pages where people are posting little more than some sort of smilie, page after page after page.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you weren't implying that it is measured that way, as you were giving example.

HARRY MUDD
I agree, just saying.

I understand that Bards. What do you guy want to do with this thread? Go the intended route or re-ask Chils question?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Slippery slope, there are threads in the OTF that have hundreds of pages where people are posting little more than some sort of smilie, page after page after page.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you weren't implyign that it is measured that way, as you were giving example. I agree. I was just stating what this thread might discuss. I think it would be a relatively bad measurement, of course it depends what value you are talking about. I guess you could say the Million Post thread in the OTF brought more joy to more people than any GDF thread.

Bardock42
Originally posted by HARRY MUDD
I understand that Bards. What do you guy want to do with this thread? Go the intended route or re-ask Chils question? Frankly I like the original topic more. The questions chill posted won't be answered and they were also pretty dated, but this thread has at least potential to be a very interesting topic of discussion.

HARRY MUDD
Frankly I like the original topic more. The questions chill posted won't be answered and they were also pretty dated, but this thread has at least potential to be a very interesting topic of discussion.

O.K!

chillmeistergen
Yeah, go with the original intention. There's no point bringing all those questions up again, there's absolutely no way they'll be answered and it creates needless trouble.

HARRY MUDD
Yeah, go with the original intention. There's no point bringing all those questions up again, there's absolutely no way they'll be answered and it creates needless trouble.

Fair enough!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.