Quick Question For The Electronic Music Fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

socialcrawl
I am just starting to get into this type of music and I was wondering if anyone can suggest artists to listen to? My friend told gave me the new Mike Oldfield CD Music of the Spheres to listen to and I really enjoyed it. Does anyone know where I can get more information on him or listen to more of his music?

Eden
UMGD

Deathblow
Holy ****, Mike Oldfield's still around?

Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album
Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy
Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right to Children

All pretty far from Tubular Bells, but I'd say three definite masterpieces of electronica.

The big EH
Originally posted by socialcrawl
I am just starting to get into this type of music and I was wondering if anyone can suggest artists to listen to? My friend told gave me the new Mike Oldfield CD Music of the Spheres to listen to and I really enjoyed it. Does anyone know where I can get more information on him or listen to more of his music?

Eden
UMGD define electric, like industrial (ministry, Nine Inch Nails, skinny puppy, KMFDM) techno (Daft Punk) or electronica 80's stuff

vintageSW77
Try
Plaid
Luke Vibert
as mentioned above BOARDS OF CANADA and Aphex Twin plus his AFX stuff
Kraftwerk
Human League pre DARE
any Pertwee era Doctor Who soundtracks
and any early Detroit Techno

Eon Blue
Autechre.

Mywi

jaden101
zero 7
the faint
white rose movement
BT
chicane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.