The Bourne Conspiracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@st
I just downloaded the demo on XBL, I think it kicks ass. The on foot chases mixed with the hand to hand combat is awesome. The combat may be a little on the button mashing side, but its so intense that I didnt mind. The shooting isnt that great, but the special finishing shots are cool.

Ill probably pick this up next month since im a huge fan of the Bourne movies, and aside from Matt Damon, the game seems very faithful.

BetrayedUnicorn
yeah I agree with actually everthing you said...Looks fun though,loved the demo.

DanZeke25
The demo was sick.

@st
First review I have seen, and it is very positive......

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/bourne-conspiracy/878101p1.html

So the driving level is terrible, but there is only one and we have already played it in the demo. I think I will pick this up this week, I may finish it before MGS4.

Neo Darkhalen
I decided to take a look, it is rather good.

T.M
I just played the demo on XBL.. it was really cool.. I will buy the game for sure.

@st
Cant wait for tomorrow, I keep thinking of kickass scenes from the movies that I want to play. stick out tongue

T.M
Originally posted by @st
Cant wait for tomorrow, I keep thinking of kickass scenes from the movies that I want to play. stick out tongue

Yeah.. after I played the demo I had to watch Bourne Identity lol

Morridini
So I just tried the demo....

This was far far from what I had expected, I see a game coming out right after a movie/movie series and expect the standard nonsense that almost all game adaptations are, but this one was actually good.

Thos eo fyou who get this must tell us if the rets of the game is as good as the demo.

@st
I picked it up a bit ago, ill play tonight when I get off work.

I think the game doesnt suffer from movie-gameitis because it wasnt rushed to cash in on a movie release. They just picked up the property and made a good game without a stupid deadline. If the game does end up being as good as it seems, I hope they continue with the 2nd and 3rd film too.

I thought the game was about the entire trilogy, but its actually just "Identity" with extra scenes filling in backstory before Bourne lost his memory.

Morridini
Originally posted by @st
I thought the game was about the entire trilogy, but its actually just "Identity" with extra scenes filling in backstory before Bourne lost his memory.

Aww, I thought so too. "The Bourne Conspiracy", sounds like a nice way to sum up all the books.

@st
After over an hour.............

.....I like it. stick out tongue

The hand to hand combat is still incredible as in the demo. The takedowns are great and extremely "Bourne", one of my faves was fighting one guy while another was shooting me, activating a take down made Bourne send the guy he was fighting face first in to his friends bullet. eek!

I am dying quite a bit, but there are extremely frequent checkpoints. Im playing on Agent(normal)). One thing that im impressed with is the graphics, the demo didnt impress much, but what I have seen so far is great. The 1st "level" is the failed boat assassination before Bourne goes blank. Most of it is played in the dark with lightning flashing, the characters actually look wet. The boss fights on this level are very cinematic, fighting in the rain with the characters sometimes only visible as a silhoutte.

So far im loving it, and im surprised by how long the game takes just to get to the beginning of the movie. I played for over an hour, and I was just pulled out of the water.

Dark_Shinigami
The game seems really fun i'll have to rent it this weekend

Smasandian
I thought the game was based on the movie, and the book at the same time?

The demo was alright. Feels like a rental to me. I also died numerous times, especially at the quick timed sequences.

I ****ing hate those. It was alright in RE4 because it was very interesting when you died, but in the demo, its just a crappy cut scene.

@st
Am I like the only person who actually does like quicktime events? lol

RE4 is still the gold standard as far as they go because of the death scenes, but I enjoy them. The only exception I can think of is Spider-man 3 because they flashed the giant button on screen covering all the action. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morridini
Originally posted by @st
Am I like the only person who actually does like quicktime events? lol

Nope, in Re 4 they were just awesome. And pretty great in the demo as well.

@st
I still list the knife fight in RE4 as my all-time favorite boss fight, even though you dont really play it. It was that damn cool. stick out tongue

Smasandian
I dont mind them, I just dont think every game needs it.

I just dont like dying because I missed one button press.

In the demo, it isnt bad as it could be (Jericho is a prime example of shitty quick time events), but it could be better.

@st
I like the Bourne "QTE" because they seem to give you more time to press than RE, except for maybe the mini cooper level. RE's events were tricky because they changed if you failed, that sucked. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
True.

Maybe, I'm getting annoyed by them now.

CaptainStoic
The game is great, but it is also very short, I say you could beat it in less than 12 hours.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.