Kimbo Slice Fantasy Fights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
1. Bob Sapp

2. Mike Tyson

3. Butterbean

4. Chuck Lidell

5. Ken Shamrock

6. Rocky Marciano

7. Joe Frasier

8. George Foreman laughing Would he die? sad Add more fighters.

Dr. Leg Lock
fantasy fights?

Kimbo needs ALOT of training still with Bas Rutten to even be considered fighting any top MMA fighters. Why are you mentioning boxers when he's not a boxer?

i'd like to see Kimbo fight a few decent competitions right now and then move to the higher tier fighters.

Admiral Akbar
Shouldn't this be under the UFC/Pride/MMA thread?

Dr. Leg Lock
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Shouldn't this be under the UFC/Pride/MMA thread? no cuz that thread actually makes sense.

fantasy fights? Kimbo isn't even a real fighter yet. he has fought cans this entire time. he lost to an ex-mma fighter on the streets and defeated bunch of nobodies. in mma, he defeated Ray Mercer, who is an old school boxer with 0 mma skills and that Cantrell guy who took a dive out of nowhere.

give Kimbo time and this guy will be a real fighter. Bas Rutten will make him into a machine.

Admiral Akbar
I was under the impression he fought a lot more people in the MMA. I also agree that with the proper training he can become a beast fighter, same goes with brock lesner.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Lock
no cuz that thread actually makes sense.

fantasy fights? Kimbo isn't even a real fighter yet. he has fought cans this entire time. he lost to an ex-mma fighter on the streets and defeated bunch of nobodies. in mma, he defeated Ray Mercer, who is an old school boxer with 0 mma skills and that Cantrell guy who took a dive out of nowhere.
Agreed.
give Kimbo time and this guy will be a real fighter. Bas Rutten will make him into a machine.
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
I was under the impression he fought a lot more people in the MMA. I also agree that with the proper training he can become a beast fighter, same goes with brock lesner.
Kimbo will obviously improve under Bas, but I really don't see him getting very far in the MMA world. I think it's one of those "too little, too late" things. Honestly, the guy is already 34. I don't see him ever amounting to much more than a spectacle beating on low tiers, but people will watch because of his internet fame. He could prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

I foresee Brock going down the same path as well if he even sticks with it. Fighting cans and such but attracting people due to the name. He will probably do alright with some submission defense though. Again, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Darth Creasy
Going off the internet fights, Kimbo can take some punishment. Combine that with the fact he's training under Bas and I think he'll get a fight against a top guy before getting really thrashed. He's gonna continue knocking out low to middle of the pack guys tho.

Dr. Leg Lock
Originally posted by Darth Creasy
Going off the internet fights, Kimbo can take some punishment. Combine that with the fact he's training under Bas and I think he'll get a fight against a top guy before getting really thrashed. He's gonna continue knocking out low to middle of the pack guys tho. from what i've seen so far, Kimbo has alot of looping punches. too soon to say but its very much like wandy's punches. i can see guyz with sharp straights KO'ing kimbo fairly easily right now.

DigiMark007
We may actually see #2. ESPN hinted at a Slice/Tyson matchup in the works.

Dr. Leg Lock
Originally posted by DigiMark007
We may actually see #2. ESPN hinted at a Slice/Tyson matchup in the works. yea i read about it. pointless.

wuTa
I think anyone on that list would beat Kimbo Slice. They guy has fought nobody, he went around beating up civilians on the internet. I'd love to see this guy fight Liddell, or anyone on that list in there prime. Just so I can watch him get his ass kicked.

justdecent
Kimbo vs. Tyson

mr.smiley
Kimbo has the potential to be a decent fighter if he continues training,but one thing we learned after his fight with JT,is that Kimbo has a very,very,long way to go before he can even be considered a top MMA fighter.The fact he's on the cover of ESPN magazine sickens me.

DanZeke25
Brock Lesnar

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Brock Lesnar

I'd say Lesnar would take it, he has the wrestling background, he has a good takedown plus he is also faster and younger than Kimbo and I'm willing to bet he has better stamina too.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'd say Lesnar would take it, he has the wrestling background, he has a good takedown plus he is also faster and younger than Kimbo and I'm willing to bet he has better stamina too.

I agree.Broc would smash him early in the first.

grimify
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
1. Bob Sapp

2. Mike Tyson

3. Butterbean

4. Chuck Lidell

5. Ken Shamrock

6. Rocky Marciano

7. Joe Frasier

The only person on this list that Kimbo has a chance of beating is Butterbean.

Kimbo is bottom tier talent.

ragesRemorse
1. Bob Sapp

2. Mike Tyson

3. Butterbean

4. Chuck Lidell

5. Ken Shamrock

6. Rocky Marciano

7. Joe Frasier

In their prime, with the exception of maybe, butterbean, all of these fighters would wreck Kimbo...,embarrassingly so.

Biff Tannen
#5 is happening in October.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Bob Sapp

2. Mike Tyson

3. Butterbean

4. Chuck Lidell

5. Ken Shamrock

6. Rocky Marciano

7. Joe Frasier

8. George Foreman laughing Would he die? sad Add more fighters. 1. Don't know.

2. In his prime, Mike.

3. I honestly don't see how Butterbean really beats anyone. If Kimbo can outlast him and wear down his stamina, Kimbo, but since Butterbean throws 400 pounds of weight in every punch, Kimbo will probably lose. Slice always struck me as more of a brawler who trys to use his size, strength, and punching power to win, and that won't work on Butterbean.

4. Chuck would crush Kimbo.

5. In his prime(hell probably right now) Ken would break Kimbo's fvckin leg. Kimbo isn't ready to take on the hall of famers.

6. No one beats Marciano.

7. Joe would win.

8. As would Foreman.

Dr. Leg Kick
you guyz are really underrating Butterbean. The guy is doing pretty ****ing good in MMA considering his super heavyweight status and his weak ground game.

even though he does have a few submission victory under his belt.

Biff Tannen
I'm going to have a good Oct/Nov. First Fedor vs Andre, then Randy vs Brock. Niiiice.

Biff Tannen
Eh... I guess Fedor got dropped from Affliction. Don't really want to pay for a ticket to see Andre vs Barnett.

WrathfulDwarf
Kimbo Slice is overrated.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

That was a very nice set up on saturday night.

ragesRemorse
14 seconds laughing out loud laughing

Hopefully this will dispel the myth that Kimbo can be a legitimate fighter in the professional realm. 14 seconds laughing hysterical

WrathfulDwarf
I find it comical how some folks are saying he took a dive. He did not...he was KO fair and square. The man is fraud and nothing more than a Youtube hoax.

His next move now is go to the WWE with all the actors and clowns from that circus. He will fit perfectly!

Blinky
First off let me say this, I always thought of Kimbo Slice as a "Flavor of the month". I was one of those people like WD who thought Kimbo was WAYYY overated.

Now as for WD saying

I think people have a right to question the fight for two major reasons, well these are my reasons for believing the fight MIGHT have been fixed.

1) Seth Petruzelli punches did not look THAT solid.
2) Kimbo made no/little attempt to cover up once he was hit.

Now, I know that there exists the possibility that Kimbo just is not MMA material (has a glass jaw) and that he didn't cover up due to being "stunned". Well it is possible that Kimbo is out, I guess only time will tell. Personally I am glad that the fight shut up Kimbo Slice Fan-boys for a bit.

Darth Vicious
I doubt it was fixed. Kimbo's EliteXC bread and butter. I think he saw a guy with pink hair across from him that found about the fight a few hours earlier and got careless.

Anybody knows (links?) if Dana White commented on the fight? Im curious as what he had to say about it.

Dr. Leg Kick
Kimbo's chin is in suspect now. That jab may not have had power, but it was a quick strike. Seth has an excellent Karate background, and he's overall a decent mixed martial artist. Kimbo on the other hand is a street fighter who's only been training with Bas Rutten for a short amoutn of time.

Originally posted by Biff Tannen
Eh... I guess Fedor got dropped from Affliction. Don't really want to pay for a ticket to see Andre vs Barnett. Dropped? He's still with Affliction, just not on the next event.

ragesRemorse
I don't believe that Kimbo took a dive but i can certainly understand why people would think otherwise.

His opponent went from Shamrock to an under card fighter on the same day of the fight. Shamrock was injured the morning of the fight because the cat he trains with and has trained with for years accidently head butter Shamrock, causing an old wound to rupture. This alone sounds suspicious but, Kimbo's team openly admitted to accepting the change for more money. That dispels a dive for me.

The fight looked fixed if you over estimated Kimbo. His footing was that of an amateur (at best) and when he first fell to the ground he neglected to act on his opponents open legs for a take down. He also neglected to try and protect himself. Again, if you thought Kimbo was some kind of professional fighter then these two aspects would look very suspicious. He is not a professional by any means, though. He may be an incredible brawler but the blank expression on his face after the match says all you need to know. That man was dazed and confused. I respect what Kimbo tried to do. He tried to have a Rocky story but a 9-4 under card stole his Rocky story in 14 seconds. Kimbo was, however, very humble during his post fight interview so good on for him.

Menetnashté
fantasy fights?

Kimbo needs ALOT of training still with Bas Rutten to even be considered fighting any top MMA fighters. Why are you mentioning boxers when he's not a boxer?

i'd like to see Kimbo fight a few decent competitions right now and then move to the higher tier fighters.
Probably mentioning boxers names since Kimbo can't fight for crap on the ground.

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Indeed he is.

Dr. Leg Kick

mr.smiley
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I don't believe that Kimbo took a dive but i can certainly understand why people would think otherwise.

His opponent went from Shamrock to an under card fighter on the same day of the fight. Shamrock was injured the morning of the fight because the cat he trains with and has trained with for years accidently head butter Shamrock, causing an old wound to rupture. This alone sounds suspicious but, Kimbo's team openly admitted to accepting the change for more money. That dispels a dive for me.

The fight looked fixed if you over estimated Kimbo. His footing was that of an amateur (at best) and when he first fell to the ground he neglected to act on his opponents open legs for a take down. He also neglected to try and protect himself. Again, if you thought Kimbo was some kind of professional fighter then these two aspects would look very suspicious. He is not a professional by any means, though. He may be an incredible brawler but the blank expression on his face after the match says all you need to know. That man was dazed and confused. I respect what Kimbo tried to do. He tried to have a Rocky story but a 9-4 under card stole his Rocky story in 14 seconds. Kimbo was, however, very humble during his post fight interview so good on for him.

Exactly.
The only people screaming fix are those who were putting too much into the Kimbo hype train.
Kimbo lost fair and square,and any educated fan who saw Seths picture show up as the replacement knew Kimbo was in trouble.

Darth Vicious
LOL, Dana White said if Kimbo wanted a job, he could try for The Ultimate Fighter. I think if Kimbo wanted to earn his respect and ours (most of us anyways). He should do it.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7444&zoneid=13

mr.smiley
It would be a benefit for both parties probably.
Kimbo would get to stay in the lime light and the ratings for the show would probably go through the roof.

Cosmo Kramer
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
he has not background in Boxing. no point at all.

No there was a point at the time since they were trying to get him to fight nothing but boxers mma style....but now I definitely agree with you no point at all. confused

guy222
Kimbo vs Roy Nelson Wednesday

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by guy222
Kimbo vs Roy Nelson Wednesday On paper, Roy should win this easily.

KingD19
Roy's got more tech abilities and skill, but Kimbo outclasses him in strength and durability.

occultdestroyer
Brock Lesnar
Bobby Lashley
The Undertaker (Mark Calaway) in his prime
Mark Henry
Stone Cold Steve Austin in his prime
Mick Foley
The Great Khali

and these guys...

JUz7fvyoaCc

Blanket
Originally posted by KingD19
Roy's got more tech abilities and skill, but Kimbo outclasses him in strength and durability. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Also, Kimbo should fight Ovecream for great laughs.

Rogue Jedi
Mike Tyson, in his prime, would KO Kimbo in 10 seconds.

SuperLuigi
beats ken, chuck, bob sapp and butterbean. beats frasier marciano and foreman. loses to 86-88 tyson beats 90s tyson. reasoning bob sapp is a sap, butterbean cant take leg kicks, chuck is already ducking kimbo, so is ken shamrock, frasier cant handle strong fighters, i dont like rocky. and kimbo is bigger than foreman.

KingD19
Originally posted by Blanket
Do you even know what you're talking about?

Also, Kimbo should fight Ovecream for great laughs.

Dana White, President of the UFC even said the same thing. He said Roy's got better skills, but Kimbo can knock him out cuz he's got more power. Do you even watch Ultimate Fighter?

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by KingD19
Dana White, President of the UFC even said the same thing. He said Roy's got better skills, but Kimbo can knock him out cuz he's got more power. Do you even watch Ultimate Fighter? Kimbo has the knockout power, but as Kimbo said on the show, he's still learning. And he's an idiot for losing Bas as a trainer.

I'm hoping Roy wins. The guy is arrogant but I was really impressed with his ground skills in grappling tournaments.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Kimbo has the knockout power, but as Kimbo said on the show, he's still learning. And he's an idiot for losing Bas as a trainer.

I'm hoping Roy wins. The guy is arrogant but I was really impressed with his ground skills in grappling tournaments.

roy loses. a preview from the summer had kimbo standing over some white guy hitting him and it didnt look like roy.

i think after tuf kimbo and bas are gettin back together

Cosmo Kramer
" i dont like rocky. "

Whether you do or don't is irrelevant Rocky just might have beat his face in permanently...

SuperLuigi
" i dont like rocky. "

Whether you do or don't is irrelevant Rocky just might have beat his face in permanently...

dont get mad because that is how i choose the fight. rocky cant be frasier and i have kimbo beating frasier. a>b>c

Cosmo Kramer
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
dont get mad because that is how i choose the fight. rocky cant be frasier and i have kimbo beating frasier. a>b>c

no I wasn't getting upset, I respect your ability to HAVE an opinion it is people who don't who are destroying the US not sure wherre your from...

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
roy loses. a preview from the summer had kimbo standing over some white guy hitting him and it didnt look like roy.

i think after tuf kimbo and bas are gettin back together Source? I don't believe Kimbo and Bas are reuniting. Bas shut his mouth up.

The Nuul
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/9/proof-that-kimbo-slice-beats-roy-nelson-1377377.html

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/09/30/rashad-evans-on-kimbo-slice-vs-roy-nelson-i-thought-roy-would/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.