<Darth Bane Vs. Mace Windu>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
ok i know there is going to be alot of confusion about orbalisks and whatnot.

Bane Without orbalisk:
1.Force
2.Sabers
3.All out

Bane with orbalisk:
1.Force
2. Sabers
3.All Out

This takes place in the middle of the geonosis arena, so no obstacles/tk objects to be thrown.

The only rules in this thread:
1. Keep it clean, no orbalisks covering various body part jokes.
2. Don't debate with noobaris. You will know him from his incredible Idiotic fanboyism towards bane. Ignore him and maybe he will go away.

Darth Exodus
Force: Bane has already shown himself to be incredably capable with the force at this time. Some of his feats involve: Showing mastery of Sith lightning after 1 hour at a degree of Darth Sidious (debatable, Destroying the roof of the Lehon temple (much better than what Dooku did in AotC) despite exhaustion from battle and 3 days without food, killing the Master of the best Sith school like he was a bug, overcoming a powerful poison, Beating Kaan's mindpower's, Force pushing hard enough to vaperise bones, surviving the Thought bomb ( through unknown means and of course his planet killing thing.

Mace on the overhand has been able to force crush a non-forcesensitive Grevious's chest and has shown some skill with TK, which isn't that great in combat.

Bane definately wins.

Sabers: Although Bane is very skilled in combat, Mace has the upper hand through his use of Shatterpoint and Vaapad against which Bane has no defence of previous knowledge of.

All-out: Could go either way depending on what happens.

Force: Bane has all of the above feats plus an extra 10 years of training, has gained the ability to influence things on a sub-atomic level and has the added boost of the orbalisks. He wins easily.

Saber: With the additional effects of the orbalisks and the extra 10 years, I would put Bane at the very least on the level of RotS Sidious. Mave's Vaapad might spell trouble for Bane but I think not. The way that Vaapad works is that it feeds off the darkside power of Mace and his opponant and creates a super-conductive loop against the enemy, using the darkside against him/her. However, Bane's orbalisks feed off darkside energy thus it is highly possble that Vaapad might well work in Bane's favour instead of against him. And also Mace might not have enough time to find Banes shatterpoint as he had trouble finding Sidious' and Bane doesn't have the distraction of Anakin to create one (which was Sidious' SP in the book). Thus I find it highly probable that Bane can win.

All-out: Bane for the above reasons.

truejedi
agreed almost word for word, but i would give mace a probable all out victory in the fight without orbalisks.

btw, do we already have a ROTS sidious, vrs ROT Bane thread?

xxxpoppunker182
i dunno mace's shatterpoint ability would be able to cripple banes orbalisks IMO

Lt. Valerian
I doubt it.

Faunus
Shatterpoint wouldn't be necessary for Mace to deduce what Bane's weak-spot is (his face), but that doesn't mean there's anything he can do about it. Without the orbalisks - and assuming we're talking about PoD or post-RoT Bane - Mace wins a ridiculous lightsaber duel, gets pwned in the Force battle, and maybe takes an all-out. With the orbalisks - the RoT version - Bane wins every one.

Lord Knightfa11
all i read concerning bane was jedi vs sith, thats why im asking.

skywalker833
w/ orbalisks.
Bane for all three

w/ out orbalisks

1. Mace
2. Bane
3. Bane

Lord Knightfa11
fair enough.

Darth Exodus
WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

I ACTUALLY WON ONE!!!!!! YEAH! *punches the air*

Jumpy usaflag

truejedi
lol, good job! am i the only one that hates orbalisks? i mean, who can we actually put against bane in those things? right after the next one comes out, he'll become a more realistic combatant me thinks.

Blax_Hydralisk
Wait... Bane wouldn't be able to possibly take out Bane's orbalisks themselves with his shatterpoint, similar to tapping a diamond in the right spot and shattering it?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

I ACTUALLY WON ONE!!!!!! YEAH! *punches the air*

Jumpy usaflag

*raises his hand*
*then stands up*

You weren't debating anyone, you stated your opinion of the fights and no one disagreed with your opinion. wink

Faunus
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Wait... Bane wouldn't be able to possibly take out Bane's orbalisks themselves with his shatterpoint, similar to tapping a diamond in the right spot and shattering it? Cuz Bane would want to take out his own suit armor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But no, there's nothing to imply that Mace could do so.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hey ass. Has anyone ever told you that you're obnoxious?

shifty

When Mace first explains his shatterpoint ability, he says that he can tap the hardest diamond in just the right spot and shatter it.

I'm assuming that that was hyperbole, though.

Lt. Valerian
Yes, I think so. Remember in Rule of Two, when the Orbalisks attack him for the first time, he was impressed as he slashed the Orbalisks with his lightsaber, because they didn't even get a scratch.

Faunus
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
When Mace first explains his shatterpoint ability, he says that he can tap the hardest diamond in just the right spot and shatter it.That would be due to structural weaknesses; the orbalisks are never shown to have those.

Blax_Hydralisk
Ah. Okay then.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
That would be due to structural weaknesses; the orbalisks are never shown to have those.

Not being an expert on orbalisks, has it been stated by a credible source that orbalisks are structurally perfect?

Lord Knightfa11
yes. many times. by noobaris.

oooo you mean CANONICALLY!gun_bandana stupid

skywalker833
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
yes. many times. by noobaris.

oooo you mean CANONICALLY!gun_bandana stupid laughing

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
Not being an expert on orbalisks, has it been stated by a credible source that orbalisks are structurally perfect? RoT makes a point of noting how ridiculously resilient they are, and neither Nadd nor Bane, the latter in a decade of wearing them, managed to find a way to destroy them externally. And if there was anyone who could break an orbalisk, it'd be Bane.

Lt. Valerian
I don't think they even tried to... Bane saw them as an advantage since the beginning, and probably never even bothered.

Faunus
Bane tried pretty hard, actually. He had Zannah sneak into the Jedi Temple to figure out a way to get them off, and she searched through every single document the Archives had on the subject. Not to mention the measures Bane himself went through to do so, in the very beginning.

Besides, orbalisks aren't crystals. They don't have cleavage or fracture points; they're freakishly tough creatures that feed off of the Dark side. Basically, plot devices.

Lt. Valerian
Oh, man. You ruined my RoT reading, lol. I haven't got to that part yet. That's why I thought he didn't try hard, haha.

Faunus
My bad.

Btw, he kills a bunch of Jedi and accidentally fries the orbalisks to death with his own Force lightning. Which also vaporizes people. Then, shit happens with Caleb, Darovit and Caleb die after saving Bane's life, and Bane gets to live orbalisk-less-ly until Zannah (probably) kills him. *spoils*

What now?

Lord Knightfa11
no! bane is to powerful to die! hes like revan! he will go to the outer rim and never be heard of again, probably living forever as a god of a different galaxy (noobaris's version)

Lt. Valerian
I ain't reading it. tongue_ss

Lord Knightfa11
yes you are. or else the neb socks will team up on you!

Darth Exodus
It's true. That's always been our plan. devil2devil2

That was a joke btw, I'm not a neb sock.

Lord Knightfa11
ooo neither am i. *hides bane fanboy T shirt*

Gideon
Still, that the orbalisks are destroyed is clear indication that they are hardly invincible. If there is a structural weakness (which logic points to there being unless specifically noted otherwise), Mace will detect it. Whether or not he can exploit it remains to be seen.

Faunus
Again:Originally posted by Faunus
RoT makes a point of noting how ridiculously resilient they are, and neither Nadd nor Bane, the latter in a decade of wearing them, managed to find a way to destroy them externally. And if there was anyone who could break an orbalisk, it'd be Bane. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Mace Windu, through Force, lightsaber, or physical strength, can break the orbalisks from the outside. Their only visible weakness is electricity applied in a specific manner, or freakishly powerful Force lightning. In a battle, Mace isn't going to be able to use either.

Gideon
Again:

Mace will detect it. Whether or not he can exploit it remains to be seen.

There's nothing to suggest that orbalisks are invulnerable and lack structural weaknesses, since most things do, it would be natural to assume that they do (unless stated to the contrary). There is nothing that Bane can do to hide these weaknesses from Mace.

Kadesh
Again:

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
I doubt it.

Gideon
Again:

Faunus
There's nothing to suggest that orbalisks are invulnerable and lack structural weaknesses, since most things do, it would be natural to assume that they do (unless stated to the contrary). There is nothing that Bane can do to hide these weaknesses from Mace.Yes, they have a weakness; and it is electricity. They can also be killed if struck on the underside, where the shell can offer no protection; a place that Mace can't reach.

So no, for all intents and purposes, as I've said multiple times now, they have no known weaknesses that Mace can exploit. This is all but expressly stated in the novel.

Gideon
Yes, they have a weakness; and it is electricity. They can also be killed if struck on the underside, where the shell can offer no protection; a place that Mace can't reach.

So no, for all intents and purposes, as I've said multiple times now, they have no known weaknesses that Mace can exploit. This is all but expressly stated in the novel.

I didn't say he could exploit them. I just didn't say he couldn't.

Faunus
ninja

You sly bastard.

Gideon
ninja

You sly bastard.

I've become more powerful than any bastard. Even you.

Faunus
Cuz I'm not a bastard; see, my parents were married. *potshot*

Gideon

Daaaayyyyyuuuummmmnnnnuhhh...

Faunus
Can't touch this.

Lord Knightfa11

the wedding wasnt canon. Find me a canon source that your parents were married, and i will debate you.

Faunus
but its kommon sence, so ur a troll. hahahaha, this was all for my freidn, it was about religin, ur a bastard so he will ll laff out u.

Lord Knightfa11
and i won too.

Darth Exodus
Hooyah!!!! People even sadder than me!!!!clap

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Moriarty
no! bane is to powerful to die! hes like revan! he will go to the outer rim and never be heard of again, probably living forever as a god of a different galaxy (noobaris's version)
Then get captured and tortured which somehow extends his life!

juyomaster34
Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.