Heath Ledger's Joker Action Figures Sold Out!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
If you didn't get one...it's going to be hard to find them now.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a95429/ledger-batman-doll-sells-out-in-us.html?rss

Ebay is reporting the figure is already going up as high as $50.00

Wowzers!

BruceSkywalker
I suspected something like this would happen. Ledger was very talented. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him.

WrathfulDwarf
I knew it was going to happen. Anything with Heath Ledger in TDK is bound to be a collectible. My only problem was I didn't react in time.

But I did get a Destructo-Case JOKER Dark Knight Figure. There were only two left at a near Toys R Us.

You won't find the Heath Ledger figure. They're gone....Ebay or Comic book convention would be best chances.

OB1-adobe
Super hero action figures havn't been worth collecting IMHO since the 1984 Super powers collection, and the early 90's Marvel hey day of figures from toy biz.

Outbound
Damn, I wanted to get one simply cause Nolan's Joker looked cool, but now everyone will be buying it to cash in on Heath Ledger.

WrathfulDwarf
Damn! So close to getting one last night. Damn! So close....

ScarletSpeed
There are loads at my local Comic store, I should probably pick up a couple.

I actually think they look acesmile

buy a few and keep them.

Neo Darkhalen
I missed out on one damn it!

steverules
I'll get one big grin Some how I always find a way

WrathfulDwarf
I wonder if this series will be going overseas? hmm

Might have to go out of my way and have one imported.

Endrict Nuul
My Gf's mum lives in HK I might have one sent over here.

Wolverine2006
I got my mine at Wal-mart, guess I'm just lucky.

Devil King
I got mine. The only hard part of not opening it, for me at least, is wondering what's in the crime scene evidence bag.

BAILY
still waiting for my case to come in .. Canadian retail isn't carrying MM as far as I can tell and very few are actually carrying the Basic line either ... toy stores are concentrating more on Iron Man still

Devil King
You know, it just dawned on me; the "evidence bag" is for the joker card, isn't it? In my defense, I haven't seen these at retail, I pre-ordered mine and it's the only figure from the line that I've seen, in person.

BAILY
yes it is stick out tongue ...

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
If you didn't get one...it's going to be hard to find them now.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a95429/ledger-batman-doll-sells-out-in-us.html?rss

Ebay is reporting the figure is already going up as high as $50.00

Wowzers!

Wowzers?

Devil King
Nobody needs to go out and drop $50 on these figures or have them imported or stock up on them for future profit. The figure has simply sold out. Mattel isn't going to breaak the mold and stop producing them, they've simply sold out of all the ones they made up to this point. So, be patient and give them a little time, and there will be plenty for everyone. WB and Mattel aren't going to have a movie in theaters that no one can buy the mercandise for, especially the action figure of the movie's central character.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Devil King
Nobody needs to go out and drop $50 on these figures or have them imported or stock up on them for future profit. The figure has simply sold out. Mattel isn't going to breaak the mold and stop producing them, they've simply sold out of all the ones they made up to this point. So, be patient and give them a little time, and there will be plenty for everyone. WB and Mattel aren't going to have a movie in theaters that no one can buy the mercandise for, especially the action figure of the movie's central character.

It's pretty hard to call it now DK. The collectible business can be pretty tricky at times. You see these high prices because of Hoarders/Resellers and this have always been a tug of war with the collectors.

Mattle CAN remold the figure OR might do some changes. Whichever happens will affect the outcome. People will still get a Joker's action figure...this particular one? It's fate is still unknown at this time.

Mr Parker
I knew it was going to happen. Anything with Heath Ledger in TDK is bound to be a collectible. My only problem was I didn't react in time.

But I did get a Destructo-Case JOKER Dark Knight Figure. There were only two left at a near Toys R Us.

You won't find the Heath Ledger figure. They're gone....Ebay or Comic book convention would be best chances.

the kids that bought this figurine are in for a big dissapointment once they see that Ledger looks nothing like this joker with his green hair they are portraying him to have with a clean cut look.They are in for a dissapointment when they see him on screen and he REALLY looks like he does in that sig that Devil King and Baily have displayed where you see that his hair is a very poor shade of green and you can see his real hair color -brown coming through, showing that he looks like he needs to take a bath. mad

Devil King
It's pretty hard to call it now DK. The collectible business can be pretty tricky at times. You see these high prices because of Hoarders/Resellers and this have always been a tug of war with the collectors.

Mattle CAN remold the figure OR might do some changes. Whichever happens will affect the outcome. People will still get a Joker's action figure...this particular one? It's fate is still unknown at this time.

I am very familiar with the situation. But, in this case, Mr. Ledger's family has signed his likeness over, so I doubt it will be an issue. But, perhaps I am wrong. I'm not offering this opinion simply because I have one. I have collected action figures my whole life. I, personally, don't think it will be a long term investment worth hurting yourself over. (Not that it's a hobby based soley on increasing value. I have a feeling we both have a number of Bat-figures that are worth little more than shipping costs) But, I might be wrong. I still don't have a Flint from the G.I Joe 25th line, and I've held one in my own hands, twice.

Originally posted by Mr Parker
the kids that bought this figurine are in for a big dissapointment once they see that Ledger looks nothing like this joker with his green hair they are portraying him to have with a clean cut look.They are in for a dissapointment when they see him on screen and he REALLY looks like he does in that sig that Devil King and Baily have displayed where you see that his hair is a very poor shade of green and you can see his real hair color -brown coming through, showing that he looks like he needs to take a bath. mad

So, you have this figure? You have seen the subtle details?

Look, you get to shit all over this portrayl and movie in a dozen other threads, take it somplece else more appropriate.

WrathfulDwarf
I am very familiar with the situation. But, in this case, Mr. Ledger's family has signed his likeness over, so I doubt it will be an issue. But, perhaps I am wrong. I'm not offering this opinion simply because I have one. I have collected action figures my whole life. I, personally, don't think it will be a long term investment worth hurting yourself over. (Not that it's a hobby based soley on increasing value. I have a feeling we both have a number of Bat-figures that are worth little more than shipping costs) But, I might be wrong. I still don't have a Flint from the G.I Joe 25th line, and I've held one in my own hands, twice.

Cool! I'm not a collector for personal gain. I collect for aesthetic desire. I never was into G.I. Joe in my youth. I did love the cartoon.

Going back to Ledger's family. I think the approve it as a tribute for him. Who knows if they'll agree with explotation...then again, it was going happen eventually. We'll see how it goes...

Mr Parker
So, you have this figure? You have seen the subtle details?

Look, you get to shit all over this portrayl and movie in a dozen other threads, take it somplece else more appropriate.

gee a thread about the joker of all people and im not allowed to voice my disgust with their lies about him in the figure.guess nazi germany is here now. roll eyes (sarcastic) why dont we leave it up to dwarf here? its HIS thread so why not let HIM have the final say on this huh? Now if HE tells me the same thing,then fine.If not,then go get something to eat and munch on to keep yourself quiet huh? stick out tongue

Devil King
Originally posted by Mr Parker
gee a thread about the joker of all people and im not allowed to voice my disgust with their lies about him in the figure.guess nazi germany is here now. roll eyes (sarcastic) why dont we leave it up to dwarf here? its HIS thread so why not let HIM have the final say on this huh? Now if HE tells me the same thing,then fine.If not,then go get something to eat and munch on to keep yourself quiet huh? stick out tongue

All you do on this forum is shit all over everything. I don't need a moderator to voice his opinion to see this. You don't have the figure, apparently. We get it, you hate everything about everything about all the movies that deviate one iota from what you see and read in the comic books. You've spent years pissing and moaning about Spider-Man! You illustrate a constant inability to see that comic book movies have to be departures from the comic books that inspire them. Movies of these sort are meant to take place in the world in which you yourself live. It's a stretch from reality that a billionaire crime fighter exists, much less has a friend from another planet that absorbs super powers from our sun or that a kid bitten by a radioactive (another leap) spider didn't just die from the bite. These characters have existed longer than anyone posting in this thread has been alive, and in all that time, they have evolved constantly. If you want an exact remake of the 1989 movie, just go out and keep buying copies of that movie. If you don't want these characters to evolve or change, then just pick out your favorite issues of their comics and keep reading them over and over again. I hated X3, but I'm not still bitching about it years later. If Mr. Nolan has so destroyed this character that you need to be exactly the same everytime you encounter it, just don't go see the movie. It's easy. In fact, it involves less effort than going to see it. Save the $14 bucks it costs for the ticket and spend it on more copies of the '89 version.

WrathfulDwarf
HAHAHA!!!! It's mine! MINE! ALL MINE!!!! hahaha!!!!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2010/snapshot200810185eh5.jpg

Markus Corvinus
Nice to see you got your hands on one!

I thought about getting one from eBay BUT, as you all know they are very high priced.

Scythe
Haha, I bought that when it was in a bargain bin at a local K-Mart for $5.99.

WrathfulDwarf
Damn! I was so close on getting this one yesterday.

http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/VintageToys/Batman_Animated/CombatBeltBatman.JPG

It's selling for almost $100.00. Damn! Sold out. miffed

Devil King
In my mother's basement I have a pretty complete carded colletion of the animated figures. Batman, The Joker, Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Catwoman, Man-Bat, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and a couple of others I'm sure. I really liked that series of action figures, before it changed with the animation. Oh, Bane and Phantasm. I know I've got those too.

Scythe
Phantasm was great. I liked Harley Quinn's punching glove weapon.

Also, my local Wal-Mart is flocked with those Heath Ledger Jokers, is it worth it to resell them?

WrathfulDwarf
In my mother's basement I have a pretty complete carded colletion of the animated figures. Batman, The Joker, Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Catwoman, Man-Bat, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and a couple of others I'm sure. I really liked that series of action figures, before it changed with the animation. Oh, Bane and Phantasm. I know I've got those too.

eek!

That is just so AWESOME!

I think those won't be collectibles..if they're first series then yeah..but second series nah-ah...Although...you never know.

Mairuzu
mine is better 131

Endrict Nuul
HAHAHA!!!! It's mine! MINE! ALL MINE!!!! hahaha!!!!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2010/snapshot200810185eh5.jpg

DAMN YOU!!!! mad mad mad not even one came up my way, sold out before it even hit Canada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.