Kung Fu Hustle Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok, within the film Kung Fu Hustle at one point the criminal organisation The Axe Gang hires two assassins whom disguise themselves as Harpists (their also something of a homage to the blues brothers). However, they use a Chinese instrument known as a Guquin. For some reason alot of people who see this film state that it isn't a true Guquin, but something of a hybrid of a Guzheng and a Guquin.

My question is this. What is the discerning factor that makes this noticeable. IE : Why isn't the instrument a Guquin ? Is it something trivial (One string too many ?) or a big noticeable difference (Different shape, missing all of the 'guts' etc) ?

The scene in question (and some close ups of said Guquin/Guzhen) are in the you tube video below.

m8ElVwZ_Mww

=Tired Hiker=
Dude, and don't take this the wrong way, but this is so random and who the f*ck cares? hysterical

grey fox
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Dude, and don't take this the wrong way, but this is so random and who the f*ck cares? hysterical

I liked the scene and all the negative comments it was getting 'THAT'S NOT A REAL GUQUIN' were getting on my nerves.

=Tired Hiker=
Okay, my bad.

grey fox
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Okay, my bad.

S'alright. I do understand it is a bit of an odd question to ask.

Strangelove
I don't really know, but man, what a great scene that was.

magic_hate_ball
possibly it was created by them to suit their needs...b/c both of them play it at one point....just a guess smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.