POD Bane vs. Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt. Valerian
This thread is made in response to the debate being held in a thread with a different topic. We should continue debating this here.

I'll post my reply again.

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
You missed his point completely. Kas'im was the better swordsman, there's nothing to it.

Let me give you an example: Maul fights Kenobi and Qui-Gon, and both, the pair, and Maul, know absolutely nothing about each other's forms and techniques. The difference here is, Maul has a double-bladed saber, which gives him a slight advantage on one-on-one combat. The Jedi had never fought against something like this before, but the fight was no-where near short. Why? Because even though Qui-Gon and Kenobi were unfamiliar with his technique, they were fine swordsmen, at least very close to Maul's level, and, therefore, were able to compete with him, even individually. On the other hand, Bane gets destroyed when Kas'im switched to his unknown technique.

Bane knows almost everything about his opponent's techniques, which is the only reason why he had the upper hand at the beginning of the duel.

Place a Bane who doesn't know shit about Kas'im's forms and techniques against the Blademaster, and he dies painfully.
Place a Kas'im who doesn't know shit about Bane's forms and techniques, and he annihilates him.

truejedi
okay: tauros:
If you are saying that Bane had more POTENTIAL to be a better swordsman, than i agree completely. However, in the case of their fight on... wherever it was. been awhile since i played KOTOR, i don't remember the planet name... Kas'im was superior because he knew more.
it means bane could not beat kas'im, EVER in that fight, with a saber, if they fight it 800 times. That's because bane just didn't know enough.

You might say that TPM anakin was a better swordsmen than ROTS dooku, BECAUSE given the same opportunity to learn all of the count's forms, and practice as much as he wanted (say oh, an odd 12 to 14 years or so..) he could beat the count. It would hardly be even ground if the TPM Anakin had to fight ROTS dooku, BUT Dooku would be superior in that fight. Because he knows more. THAT is part of experience, and is COMPLETELY ADMISSABLE in any vs debate.

So: POD Bane was not the equal of Kas'im at the time of POD. He would have been, yes, had he known how to counter that form, but if he was truly that much better than Kas'im, he should have been able to continue to use his own form against Kas'im in a way that would force Kas'im to counter BANE, as opposed to the other way around. If Bane had managed to stay on the offensive, then Kas'im would have not been able to use his form to its fullest advantage. I don't understand what the debate is here. Kas'im could counter ANYTHING bane threw at him, and had an extra form that Bane couldnt' counter. That gives Kas'im an advantage. We don't see Bane studying that form for the rest of POD, so it means that POD bane can't beat Kas'im. Yes, the potential was there, but the skill wasn't. Why is that being met with so much resistance? it seems obvious. We wouldn't call Dooku's years of experience an unfair advantage over anakin from my example earlier, we would simply say Dooku was better at that time. Why would you treat the Bane, Kas'im fight any differently?

skywalker833
I 99% sure this is in lightsaber combat, am I right?

Lord Knightfa11
this is retarded. bane wins because bane won in the book. It has been done, canonically.

Lt. Valerian
No, it hasn't. This is pure lightsaber combat, not all-out.

Lord Knightfa11
ah. i see.

skywalker833
Kas'im. Obviously.

Lt. Valerian
Well, apparently not so obviously for certain members.

Darth Exodus
Does Kas'im use 1 or 2 lightsabers. Becuase if its 1 then Bane wins due too superior speed, reflexes and Force boosts. If not then Bane doesn't know what the f*ck to do against him and loses.

skywalker833
lol. Agreed.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Does Kas'im use 1 or 2 lightsabers. Becuase if its 1 then Bane wins due too superior speed, reflexes and Force boosts. If not then Bane doesn't know what the f*ck to do against him and loses.

agreed

darthsith19
Kas'im's lightsaber is double-bladed and turns into 2, he should be allowed to turn them into 2 blades, and yeah, Kas'im wins in the saber duel.

truejedi
thats true, we always assume maul gets to use his double bladed saber.

skywalker833
In a lightsaber fight, Kas'im is the obvious choice.

tauros
Kas'im takes it.

Darth Exodus
Unfortunately yes. Although I do doubt that Bane was at the top of his game at the time ( having gone 3-5 days without food, water or sleep) the unknown variations of two lightsabers prove too much for him. Again.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Unfortunately yes. Although I do doubt that Bane was at the top of his game at the time ( having gone 3-5 days without food, water or sleep) the unknown variations of two lightsabers prove too much for him. Again.
What? He went like a week without food and water when he went to the the tombs of the ancient Sith, or whatever, but I don't remember anything about him not eating or drinking (or sleeping) while in the Temple. I could be wrong, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.