Need objective info & advice - To buy or Not to buy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
OK, I know this is going to be hard, but please, bare with me.

Placing Fanboyism aside, hear me out, and tell me what you think.

I have been recently reasearching and thinking about buying a DS (lite ... Cobalt/Black) Because
1- My Girlfriend has one,
2- The World Ends with you looks really really fun and deep
3- Sonic in 2D. Hey, I still play the Originals on my Genesis. Thats right, I rooted for the other team during the 16bit wars.

Epic ... good times.

GOOOD times.

Anyways, There are many rumours about Nintendo announcing the launch of a DS2 at E3 this summer. If that is the case, I would have "wasted my money" on the DS when a much improved version is just around the corner which can retoactivly play DS games (why wouldn't it?)

And I'm not the type to buy incrimental upgrades, leaving the old one to gather dust, even if it plays just as good. I'd be stuck with a system which is limited when bigger and grander things are being released.

As I mentioned, I still play my Genesis. Why? Because it's fun, the games are great.

And thats the other thing, I would not mind if I am "stuck" with a DS Lite if It had a tone of great games, and yes, their are plenty of great games for the DS, but most of them are not my thing.

The only games I would play are Sonic (Rush and Advanced if I can get my hands on them) Professor Layton, The World Ends with you, Meteos, Castlevania and the likes.

I'm not exactly in the Demographic Nintendo is going after :-p

So, taking all the above in concideration, what do you guys think? DS or no DS?

(The PSP was another option, but the DS is really neat, touchscreen and all... And I would have only bought "Crush" for it. Perhaps Liberty City Stories, but meh, more options with the DS)

Oh, and imagine this post as being written in Comic Sans MS, teal and bold.

Menetnashté
Well I'd recommend waiting, if they do end up announcing DS2 you might be kinda pissed, because I'm sure it'll let you play DS games on it, I'd try to hold out for awhile anyways, and I wouldn't waste my money on a PSP. Imo it's not that good.

SaTsuJiN
wtf?.. ds2?... *lara croft scream* D:

Outbound
When does the DS2 launch? If its not for a couple years or so, just buy a DS for now with the games you want, sell the console a couple months before the DS2 launches so it'll still be worth something, and keep your games. You can also trade in your DS for a DS2 at EB or something.

Peach
Just buy it. Even if they do announce a DS2 it won't be out for a while still.

Koala MeatPie
Thanks, this helps a lot! :-)

Smasandian
Go with Peach says, buy the DS.

Go with the older one if you can find it cheap to last you until the eventual DS2, which is only a rumour.

Or just buy the DS Lite.

Koala MeatPie
That basically convinced me,

Buying a DS, games, and selling it a month or two before the DS2.

Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.