NJO Luke vs Malak and Bandon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
I don't know that much about bandon, and a medium amount about Malak, so I was wonderin' if they could take on NJO Luke together.

skywalker833
I am guessing that Luke would probably beat them with some difficulty, but since I don't know that much about them you tell me.

Lord Knightfa11
malak himself is unimpressive. he shows few saber skills, little cunning, and small ammounts of power. The only way he became dark lord was by tagging along with revan untill after discovering the star forge, then when revan was preoccupied with about 6 jedi masters, he had his ship fired upon revan's and knocked him out. After this, the only way he even had a chance (but still lost) was by fueling his darkside power through trapped jedi and the star forge himself.

Brandon was killed even more easily on a random planet. He is weak, and added to the game to add the necessary action.

NJO luke is a god at this point (much to my distain of star wars) he wins. Try DE luke, and then malak and bandon have a chance.

skywalker833
Your words are my command. Make it DE luke.

Lord Knightfa11
K. where is this? if this is the legendary star forge fight, then malak wins. i see it going either way somewhere else, as all that luke has done so far is cut sideous off from teh force for a little while with leia's bm (not meaning to sound dirty) But this is still a good feat, nonetheless. Luke also knows some sith secrets from falling to the darkside (yes he did YAY HES NOT SO PERFECT). So he would probably be able to stand up to malak, and have a hard fight before he died anywhere else. the reason i say died is because brandon would tip the scales to his favor.

truejedi
what has bandon ever done to seem as if he would make any difference? He's 0 for 1, and kinda stupid, cause he killed an officer for being too slow to move out of his was or something... He strikes me as a goon. Goons don't skip any scale in any direction.

skywalker833
I have heard great things about Malak, you guys are making him seem like a shrimp, are you biased against him or are you being honest?

truejedi
i just don't know of any signifigant things that malak ever did.
(i was talking about Bandon myself though)

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by skywalker833
I have heard great things about Malak, you guys are making him seem like a shrimp, are you biased against him or are you being honest?

No, he honestly did not do anything that great except knowing where the right place was and when the right time was. What have you heard great? And no, im not biased against malak.

skywalker833
In PoD, it mentions Revan and Malak as if they were gods. Also, in wookiepedia's bio of Malak, it sounded like he was a pretty powerful sith lord.

Lord Knightfa11
yes, but it doesnt talk about anything he did altogether amaizing? its a problem that many new people have when they show up on kmc. They talk about revan and malak like they are gods, but when they try and show why, they are mercilessly laughed at as fanboys because revan and malak didnt show as much power as the narrative makes them out to be.

darthsith19
Originally posted by skywalker833
In PoD, it mentions Revan and Malak as if they were gods. Also, in wookiepedia's bio of Malak, it sounded like he was a pretty powerful sith lord.
Pretty powerful, yes, but Luke takes this. And you're wrong, in PoD s mentions Revan and Naga Sadow as if they were gods (to be more accurate, Bane refers to them as "the great Sith of the past"wink. Revan beat Malak while Malak was being powered by the Star Forge.

Lord Knightfa11
i didn't read pod, but i would assume to not trust narrations if it treated malak as a god. Sadow and REvan makes more sence.

Faunus
It wouldn't matter even if it said Malak; narration is canon.

Blax_Hydralisk
And the narration doesn't matter. no expression

Luke wins this without using any of his limbs. dur

Faunus
*fuming*

WHAAAATT?!

*smites Blax's mom*

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Faunus
*fuming*

WHAAAATT?!

*smites Blax's mom*

sounds like another one of your amaizing arguements condenced into a form that makes sense? at least, more sense than they normally do...

Faunus
This is why pregnant women shouldn't drink, smoke, or have their boyfriends stamp on their stomachs. Spelling, punctuation, and higher functions might suffer as result.

I know you need things spelled out for you, so what that implies is that you're an idiot. Clear? Good.

Lord Knightfa11
This is why pregnant women shouldn't drink, smoke, or have their boyfriends stamp on their stomachs.

Dang, that means there would be more of you!

Faunus
Literal translation: If pregnant women didn't drink, smoke, or have their boyfriends stamp on their stomachs there would be more of me. Which would imply that said women are either having normal births, or more mini-Faunus's are falling from the sky. More normal / meteoric babies.

While you shame my race, you make me smile.

Lord Knightfa11
ooo nice one. ranting

Faunus
Your failure is duly noted and stashed away in the back of my mind, to be laughed at when skies are grey...

Lord Knightfa11
haha your avvy gets laughed at every time i get you to rant and rave LOL

Gideon
Don't fret; Faunus is jealous that I am far greater and sexier than he.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
i didn't read pod, but i would assume to not trust narrations if it treated malak as a god. Sadow and REvan makes more sence.
Like Faunus said, narration is canon, but it is Bane's own thoughts anyways. Considering Bane spent hours studying the Sith that came before him, he likely knows his shit.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
Don't fret; Faunus is jealous that I am far greater and sexier than he. Uh-huh. If by greater you mean stupider and by sexy you mean ugly, u teh right.

And you have cooties. Pwned.

Gideon
Uh-huh. If by greater you mean stupider and by sexy you mean ugly, u teh right.

And you have cooties. Pwned.

Your mom didn't get her cooty shot. Nahahahahahahahahahah!

Faunus
My people are too hardcore for cooty shots.

skywalker833
Originally posted by darthsith19
Pretty powerful, yes, but Luke takes this. And you're wrong, in PoD s mentions Revan and Naga Sadow as if they were gods (to be more accurate, Bane refers to them as "the great Sith of the past"wink. Revan beat Malak while Malak was being powered by the Star Forge.
Sorry, as i've said in a different thread, I have not read the book in a while.

skywalker833
My people are too hardcore for cooty shots.
same.

S_W_LeGenD
yes, but it doesnt talk about anything he did altogether amaizing? its a problem that many new people have when they show up on kmc. They talk about revan and malak like they are gods, but when they try and show why, they are mercilessly laughed at as fanboys because revan and malak didnt show as much power as the narrative makes them out to be.
Dude! You really need to think more logically.

Malak defeated Revan on the Leviathan even when the odds were not in his favor. That victory deserves some serious recognition.

Also! Malak was able to control the entire Star Forge with great efficiency and used it at his whim, which is a feat that very few Sith Lords have accomplished. Remember that many Sith were not powerful enough to control the Star Forge. Many tried and failed.

Narration from The Dark Side Sourcebook:

An imposing figure with ghostly pale features, prominent Sith tattoos, a gleaming red lightsaber, and devastating Dark Side power, Malak struck terror into the hearts of his former allies.

And according to Yuthura Ban - Malak was the strongest in the entire Sith Order during his reign as the Dark Lord and even Darth Sion was serving him and greatly admired him. Such a person could not be a joke.

Some people really don't pay enough attention to the story of the KOTOR.

S_W_LeGenD
Brandon was killed even more easily on a random planet. He is weak, and added to the game to add the necessary action.
If Bandon was weak, than why Malak chose him for becoming his apprentice among thousands of other prospects?

From the official starwars profile of Darth Bandon:

=> There he embraced the dark side and the way of the Sith with every fiber of his being. His great strength in the Force, his natural cruelty and his absolute ruthlessness in his quest for power soon set him apart from his fellow students, and drew the calculating eye of Lord Malak himself.

&

=> Darth Bandon proved himself to be an excellent choice. Many Jedi fell beneath the blade of his lightsaber.

Hence! Bandon was not a weakling, but actually a powerful Sith Lord and a capable warrior with great ambitions, but unfortunately for him, he had to face Revan in his path.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Dude! You really need to think more logically.

Malak defeated Revan on the Leviathan even when the odds were not in his favor. That victory deserves some serious recognition.

Also! Malak was able to control the entire Star Forge with great efficiency and used it at his whim, which is a feat that very few Sith Lords have accomplished. Remember that many Sith were not powerful enough to control the Star Forge. Many tried and failed.

Actually, malak stunned revan/smacked him pretty hard, and retreated with the girl, instead of killing revan instantly, like he should have done had he defeated him.

who else exactly tried to controll the star forge? anyone impressive? didn't think so.

woop de doo, hes got a scary outfit and devastating power, however not once do you see him utilize this power to do something amaizing.

of course, malak was the sith lord, making him the strongest in the order, or else he would have been killed and replaced. i am not sayint that malak was weak during his rein, but compared with other sith with more unique and powerful abilities like bane, nihilus, sion, and sideous, he comes slightly below par.

Where and when did darth sion serve him?

i see nothing from the games in your arguement. I see only Dark Side source book.

Lord Knightfa11
If Bandon was weak, than why Malak chose him for becoming his apprentice among thousands of other prospects?

From the official starwars profile of Darth Bandon:

=> There he embraced the dark side and the way of the Sith with every fiber of his being. His great strength in the Force, his natural cruelty and his absolute ruthlessness in his quest for power soon set him apart from his fellow students, and drew the calculating eye of Lord Malak himself.

&

=> Darth Bandon proved himself to be an excellent choice. Many Jedi fell beneath the blade of his lightsaber.

Hence! Bandon was not a weakling, but actually a powerful Sith Lord and a capable warrior with great ambitions, but unfortunately for him, he had to face Revan in his path.

yea, and wth besides that did he do, aside from stand out from a bunch of apprentices to an above average sith lord enough to get picked, and then kill a few jedi, and then die? I can say "many jedi fell beneat the blade of suchandsuch's lightsaber (excepting fett)" about 10 star wars characters off the top of my head.
Anakin
Sideous
aura sing
General grevious
Jango fett
count dooku
assajj ventress
Exar Kun
Ulic quel droma
Darth Vader
Revan

S_W_LeGenD
Actually, malak stunned revan/smacked him pretty hard, and retreated with the girl, instead of killing revan instantly, like he should have done had he defeated him.
The reason that Revan got out alive was due to intervention of Bastilla. She really did save his life on the Leviathan.

who else exactly tried to controll the star forge? anyone impressive? didn't think so.
Revan tried but limited his contact, though he still managed to control it.

Apart from him, many sith tried but they all failed. This information was revealed in KOTOR 2. And it was even hinted in KOTOR 1, that Star Forge could not be controlled by ordinary beings because it was too powerful, dangerous and complex.

woop de doo, hes got a scary outfit and devastating power, however not once do you see him utilize this power to do something amaizing.
You see things from game-play point out of view, which is not good. The engine used in KOTOR game is heavily outdated, in which even Light Sabers don't do much damage like they should.

So try to focus on the information provided in the game by characters that we interact with and also on the information revealed in the game through other means.

Also! Malak did utilized his personal power to control the Star Forge. That super-weapon did not served him automatically.

of course, malak was the sith lord, making him the strongest in the order, or else he would have been killed and replaced. i am not sayint that malak was weak during his rein, but compared with other sith with more unique and powerful abilities like bane, nihilus, sion, and sideous, he comes slightly below par.
Darth Sion actually served Malak and he greatly admired him as well. Nihilus and Traya came later in the scene and those two weren't termed "nearly unstoppable." By the end of KOTOR, Malak possessed more raw power and knowledge of the force than either of these Sith Lords, apart from maybe Traya.

Where and when did darth sion serve him?
Darth Sion was being trained in the ways of the dark side in the Korriban academy during the events of KOTOR 1. Much about his past is still shrouded in mystery.

And he said this about Malak: "Malak had strength, and embraced it, saw his opportunity and took it."

i see nothing from the games in your arguement. I see only Dark Side source book.
Most of the comments I have mentioned here are based on information and narrations provided in the KOTOR games.

S_W_LeGenD
yea, and wth besides that did he do, aside from stand out from a bunch of apprentices to an above average sith lord enough to get picked, and then kill a few jedi, and then die? I can say "many jedi fell beneat the blade of suchandsuch's lightsaber (excepting fett)" about 10 star wars characters off the top of my head.
Anakin
Sideous
aura sing
General grevious
Jango fett
count dooku
assajj ventress
Exar Kun
Ulic quel droma
Darth Vader
Revan
You are taking things out of context here and that list is entirely irrelevant in this case.

The point is that Bandon did killed many Jedi. And since the word "Lightsaber" has been used in the narration, it indicates that in most of his duels, his skills with the Lightsaber were put to test and he prevailed.

So what does this information tells you? It tells us that Bandon was indeed a capable warrior and not a weakling as you implied.

Elite Hunter
Revan tried but limited his contact, though he still managed to control it.

Apart from him, many sith tried but they all failed. This information was revealed in KOTOR 2. And it was even hinted in KOTOR 1, that Star Forge could not be controlled by ordinary beings because it was too powerful, dangerous and complex.

Revan was the only other sith to try and control. He and Malak were the first sith to discover it. Revan being the DLOTS naturally meant it was his control then Malak became DLOTS so it became his. You are thinking of the noncanon darkside choice for kotor 2 where the backstory is that Revan turned back to the darkside won the battle of the star forge and ruled the empire for a time then left and people tried to control it after he left but none could so it shut off and I believe it fell into the star. But the point is that it did not happen.

Darth Sion actually served Malak and he greatly admired him as well. Nihilus and Traya came later in the scene and those two weren't termed "nearly unstoppable." By the end of KOTOR, Malak possessed more raw power and knowledge of the force than either of these Sith Lords, apart from maybe Traya.

Darth Sion was being trained in the ways of the dark side in the Korriban academy during the events of KOTOR 1. Much about his past is still shrouded in mystery.

And he said this about Malak: "Malak had strength, and embraced it, saw his opportunity and took it."

And there is no proof that he was the powerful walking corpse that he was in kotor 2 so you really don't have point here considering if he was training at the korriban academy then I would wager that he isn't on Bandon's level which means that he is nothing more than around a slightly above average dark jedi or below that. I also bet that he wasn't called darth sion yet either.

Ivalice
No ones denying that malaks quite a powerful individual. What can i say? He is vaders biggest fan.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Revan was the only other sith to try and control. He and Malak were the first sith to discover it. Revan being the DLOTS naturally meant it was his control then Malak became DLOTS so it became his. You are thinking of the noncanon darkside choice for kotor 2 where the backstory is that Revan turned back to the darkside won the battle of the star forge and ruled the empire for a time then left and people tried to control it after he left but none could so it shut off and I believe it fell into the star. But the point is that it did not happen.
Dude! The point is that the developers did intended to show that how difficult it was to control the Star Forge. Only very powerful Sith Lords held any chance.

And we are not talking about the ownership of the Star Forge here. We are talking about what kind of individual would be able to control it.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
And there is no proof that he was the powerful walking corpse that he was in kotor 2 so you really don't have point here considering if he was training at the korriban academy then I would wager that he isn't on Bandon's level which means that he is nothing more than around a slightly above average dark jedi or below that. I also bet that he wasn't called darth sion yet either.
I am not talking about Darth Sion's power. However, the fact remains that he was actually one of the 3 big antagonists in the KOTOR 2, which means that he was not a pushover either and was a big threat.

However, he was also among the thousands of "prospects" during the time of KOTOR 1, from which only one individual - Bandon was chosen for some good enough reasons.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ivalice
What can i say? He is vaders biggest fan.
Agree! I will. beer

Lord Knightfa11
Brandon=average. Who did he kill? anyone impressive, with a powerful history? For all we know he could have killed a bunch of padawans. Perhaps he stood out in comparison with sion, but was sion a walking corpse unable to die yet? Other then the feat of being invincible, sion shows very little in pure power even at the time of kotor II, and more in saber skills/invisibility. In the cannon version of Kotor, nobody else even gets a chance to try and rule the star forge aside from malak and revan, as republic ships destroy the star forge as soon as malak is dead.

Elite Hunter
Dude! The point is that the developers did intended to show that how difficult it was to control the Star Forge. Only very powerful Sith Lords held any chance.

And we are not talking about the ownership of the Star Forge here. We are talking about what kind of individual would be able to control it.

Yes only very powerful sith can control but the way you presented it sounded like you tried to past the statement off as a fact and a canon event which it is not.

The fact remains that Sion was just another sith at the academy at the time there is no proof that he was anything but average at the time so the fact that he served Malak does not count as a plus for Malak because Sion was logically nowhere near as powerful as his kotor 2 self. If he was than yeah, that would be a great point.

btw welcome back again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.