Team II vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
I made a thread previously with a team of five, and noone thought they could beat Thanos.

So, here is their second assault with one addition

Apocalypse
Dr. Doom
Ronan
Loki
Magneto
Ultron (Conquest)

vs.

Thanos

No prep.

Distant planet

Bouboumaster
Thanos erase them to Oblivion

Lord Feron
Thanos 7/10

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

guy222
Thanos

Phantom Zone
No prep?

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh shit!
Apocalypse! fear

That changes nothing. They get blasted into ass cream... even easier now.

tkitna
Thanos

complexbrother
with no prep the all die almost instantly. with prep they might have a cold chance in hell at beating him.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Oh shit!
Apocalypse! fear

That changes nothing. They get blasted into ass cream... even easier now.

Unless your joking, that is a ridiculous statement.

You seriously can't believe the presence of Apoc makes it easier for Thanos to win.

IMO this team is capable of taking Thanos down at least half the time.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by nimbus006
Unless your joking, that is a ridiculous statement.

You seriously can't believe the presence of Apoc makes it easier for Thanos to win.

IMO this team is capable of taking Thanos down at least half the time. He certainly isn't making it harder.

Zeitgeist
Apocalypse would be a hindrance to the team.

Thanos would beat Team II to death with his body.

nimbus006
He certainly isn't making it harder.

Of course he is, any addition to the team (even you) would be making it harder, even if that improvement is only a small fraction.

To say Apoc hinders the team is silly, that is if we take into account that all of these characters are working as an effective team, which should be assumed by forum standards.

Mr. Slippyfist
Of course he is, any addition to the team (even you) would be making it harder, even if that improvement is only a small fraction.

To say Apoc hinders the team is silly, that is if we take into account that all of these characters are working as an effective team, which should be assumed by forum standards. And if it takes one big blast to take out Apoc/Ronan/Loki (and probably Ultron) instead of just the other two? All it adds is more people to hit in a big blast, or just individual blasts, rather than raising the difficulty.

nimbus006
And if it takes one big blast to take out Apoc/Ronan/Loki (and probably Ultron) instead of just the other two? All it adds is more people to hit in a big blast, or just individual blasts, rather than raising the difficulty.

Why would they all be standing in the same surface area?

All three of those characters you mentioned are very good battle strategist not to mention incredibly durable.

Mr. Slippyfist
Why would they all be standing in the same surface area?

All three of those characters you mentioned are very good battle strategist not to mention incredibly durable. So what; do they start the battle scattered all over the battle field, or do they start the battle like an actual team would against an enemy (minus cheap tactics)?

Incredibly durable... at Earth levels. Thanos would decimate these guys if he hit them (not getting into Doom and Mags... although Doom would probably be screwed anyway).
On that note since you mentioned durability... how does this team take down Thanos for any wins?

nimbus006
So what; do they start the battle scattered all over the battle field, or do they start the battle like an actual team would against an enemy (minus cheap tactics)?

Yes, do you really think this particular group of villains cares about employing cheap tactics?

Incredibly durable... at Earth levels. Thanos would decimate these guys if he hit them (not getting into Doom and Mags... although Doom would probably be screwed anyway).
On that note since you mentioned durability... how does this team take down Thanos for any wins?

Through a combination of very powerful and versatile attacks.

I'm not saying it will be easy, trust me I'm well aware of Thanos's "godlike durability", but I think they can do it.

And earth standards? Loki holds his own against Thor, Ronan takes shots from herald level characters consistently, and Apoc can change his molecular structure at will which automatically gives him extreme durability.

Mr. Slippyfist
No they wouldn't, but cheap tactics involve prep. Like rushing the enemy from all different angles, or attacking from behind. Far as I'm concerned, all battles start with each other on opposite sides of the field.

Through a combination of very powerful and versatile attacks.

I'm not saying it will be easy, trust me I'm well aware of Thanos's "godlike durability", but I think they can do it.

And earth standards? Loki holds his own against Thor, Ronan takes shots from herald level characters consistently, and Apoc can change his molecular structure at will which automatically gives him extreme durability. Like what? Give me an example.
Thanos is the same guy who got nuked by Galactus and was still standing. Omega also blasted him, and he did not fall.
Surfer was totally ineffective against him (as a matter of fact, Thanos was waving off his blasts).
Etc.

The only times throughout his entire career that he's been KO'ed was by a cheapshot from Maker (an attack even '100 supernovas' Gladiator seemed awed, and scared of), after Mar-Vell destroyed the Cube, and by Squirrel Girl. Yet, these guys are going to take him out?

Even without his shields or without actually going offensive, I find it hard to believe these guys can muster up the power to knock him out. That's just my opinion though, but it has nothing to do with this thread, as Thanos does have shields, and does have the ability to fight. smile

Yes, Earth standards.

And when Thor gets serious, Loki gets dismantled. Even in Loki's mini series he got crushed by Thor... one hammer swing as I recall.

Ronan got knocked out by Iron Man, USA Agent, Surfer... wait, herald level? Thanos apparently has enough power to rekindle all of Surfer's power with the wave of his hand when Surfer had a "flicker of life yet, the merest spark...". I don't care how many herald level beings he's taken attacks from... Thanos is far above (IMO) herald level.

OK. Is this going to help against the person who has easily eye beamed apart a being that Surfer had to exert himself with two blasts to drive off, eye beam overpowered Maker and stopped her from attacking anymore, destroyed multiple Punisher robots with eyebeams and whatnot? Gave Surfer the most pain he's "ever felt" (way back before IG) as a spirit.
He did his best to match IB's power in Thanos Quest. Which seems to say he matched them... and IB wanted to get free, so... but even at a minimum - if Thanos matched his power, this is still an insane feat.
Just using some of the lesser known feats of course. smile

These guys get buttsecksed hard and fast.

golem370
I think it would be a hard win but a win none the less

nimbus006
No they wouldn't, but cheap tactics involve prep. Like rushing the enemy from all different angles, or attacking from behind. Far as I'm concerned, all battles start with each other on opposite sides of the field.

Ok, I see your point.

What I'll do is give the team 20 minutes to form a battle strategy so they're not all in the same target area when then the fight begins.

Mr. Slippyfist
OK, cool.

Thanos wins easily.

swerve1988
APOC SOLO

Mindset
Doom solos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.