Cable vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Rules to the match :

1. no prep

2. standard gear.

Battle field :

Inside the Empire State Building, 49th floor..........

DigiMark007
Woah woah woah.

I'm all for the interpretation that MN'er is further above street level than most people give him credit for. But Cable? He can hold his own with heralds man.

Mindset
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Woah woah woah.

I'm all for the interpretation that MN'er is further above street level than most people give him credit for. But Cable? He can hold his own with heralds man.

Not if it's current Cable.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mindset
Not if it's current Cable.

Oh.

Mindset
Current Cable doesn't have tk or tp.

Faceman
Oh.

durelvis

DigiMark007
mad

Well then what does he have? Because MN'er beats pretty much anyone with just fighting skills and weapons...you need legit powers before he's threatened really.

Mindset
mad

Well then what does he have? Because MN'er beats pretty much anyone with just fighting skills and weapons...you need legit powers before he's threatened really.

Cable is just an old man with a gun, a baby, and a broken time machine.

I think he still has 10 ton strength though.

Symmetric Chaos
An old man with a gun, a baby, and a broken time machine.

*dials phone*

ABC? Yeah, I'd like to pitch you a sitcom pilot.

Mindset
laughing

BetrayedUnicorn
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*dials phone*

ABC? Yeah, I'd like to pitch you a sitcom pilot. laughing dude freaking hilarious!

DigiMark007
Lulz. I'd watch it.

Some decent fighting skills, guns, and 10-ton strength won't phase MN'er. Obviously it wouldn't be a cakewalk, but if that's all we're talking about, he'd take a comfortable majority.

The Pict

He still fought off Lady Deathstrike and her Marauders (or whoever she was leading in Messiah Complex)

Mindset
Originally posted by The Pict
He still fought off Lady Deathstrike and her Marauders (or whoever she was leading in Messiah Complex)

That's true, but in Cable, his new ongoing, he is less than impressive.

The Pict
That's true, but in Cable, his new ongoing, he is less than impressive.

I was gonna pick that up but never got round to it? Any good, besides a not so impressive Cable?

Mindset
Originally posted by The Pict
I was gonna pick that up but never got round to it? Any good, besides a not so impressive Cable?

Well, nothing really happened yet, so far it has been pretty average imo.

Doctor-Alvis
Does Cable have technopathy? And can Midnighter's nanite dealies be accessed remotely?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Does Cable have technopathy? And can Midnighter's nanite dealies be accessed remotely?

Excellent question. No, MNer's implants are not accessible via outside interference. He had an issue with this in Stormwatch: Team Achilles and subsequently protected his implants from telepathic intrusion. We're never told how he did this, but Jackson King later tried to affect them (in I think Authority Prime #3) and could not.

But I think we're talking about current Cable who has no powers, so it may not be an issue.

id369
What happened to his tech?

Gravity thingy that replaced his TK, Cyberpathy, and copy of the A.I. the professor.

Mindset
Originally posted by id369
What happened to his tech?

Gravity thingy that replaced his TK, Cyberpathy, and copy of the A.I. the professor.

Apparently he doesn't have it, or else he would have used it when he was being shot.

id369
Apparently he doesn't have it, or else he would have used it when he was being shot. I f**king hate marvel for this shit.

Mindset
Yep, me too...me too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.