According to Greek mythology, how did the Creation occur?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
I know about the titans and the gods but I'm not sure if they were the beginning of everything.

As far as I know, the gods did not create any life.

Did the gods and titans just rule what was already there or did they create anything?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chithappens
I know about the titans and the gods but I'm not sure if they were the beginning of everything.

As far as I know, the gods did not create any life.

Did the gods and titans just rule what was already there or did they create anything?

First there was Erebus (chaos). Then he started spliting into more and more aspects of the universe, the details are less than exciting.

The Titans and Gods ruled an established world far older than themselves (as evidenced by the presence of their parents). Humans are generally implied to be a younger race.

chithappens
Hmm. I ask because I'm writing a short story where the entire world worships Zeus, the one true God, who locked all the other gods inside of Jupiter and there is a flying tea cup in the ring of Jupiter so that Zeus can monitor all of their movements (I'm sure SC knows that reference).

So anyway, I wanted to begin to story inside a church where they talk about the creation with a few embellishments. Do you know of a reliable link? I would just start clicking but this dial up @ home makes those sort of searches kinda null.

Bardock42
Hmm. I ask because I'm writing a short story where the entire world worships Zeus, the one true God, who locked all the other gods inside of Jupiter and there is a flying tea cup in the ring of Jupiter so that Zeus can monitor all of their movements (I'm sure SC knows that reference).

So anyway, I wanted to begin to story inside a church where they talk about the creation with a few embellishments. Do you know of a reliable link? I would just start clicking but this dial up @ home makes those sort of searches kinda null.

Ha, teacup, funny.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griechische_Mythologie#G.C3.B6tter_des_Sch.C3.B6pfungsmythos

This should give you a rough idea and also links to the specific gods, which should make things more clear then.

chithappens
I tried the link out, it's all in German which is still foreign to me right now LOL.

I assume the link would translate to 'Greek Mythology' but the English Wikipedia is bogged down with unnecessary information and somehow I found myself to what I needed.

Thanks though. Wiki can actually be a quick fix LOL. I'm going to see if I can find something beyond the brief synopsis later.

Also, in this story black people are the dominant race and they now call white people "*******." I purposely do a lot of contrasts with stuff like having mostly white athletes and mostly black crowd, violent music culture that white people imitate, etc. It's trying to make the reader question things they simply accept everyday by making either the reverse happen in the story or something that occur that seems to be completely paradoxical to today's belief systems.

The main character is a teenager and most of his questions are simply met with a "you understand it incorrectly" or something of that manner. In the end, he loses his will to question anymore and simply goes with the flow.

Bardock42
I tried the link out, it's all in German which is still foreign to me right now LOL.

I assume the link would translate to 'Greek Mythology' but the English Wikipedia is bogged down with unnecessary information and somehow I found myself to what I needed.

Thanks though. Wiki can actually be a quick fix LOL. I'm going to see if I can find something beyond the brief synopsis later.

Also, in this story black people are the dominant race and they now call white people "*******." I purposely do a lot of contrasts with stuff like having mostly white athletes and mostly black crowd, violent music culture that white people imitate, etc. It's trying to make the reader question things they simply accept everyday by making either the reverse happen in the story or something that occur that seems to be completely paradoxical to today's belief systems.

The main character is a teenager and most of his questions are simply met with a "you understand it incorrectly" or something of that manner. In the end, he loses his will to question anymore and simply goes with the flow.

Oh...shit, I gave you a German link than. On the lower left of Wikipedia there is a link that will direct you to the English version of the site.

Sorry, I sometimes don't notice whether I am reading something in English or German.

Bardock42

Sounds pretty good, btw. Unless you don't want to publish it, I'd very much like to read it

chithappens
No problem, it was funny actually. The story of creation is just... yeah. I might give a quick synopsis for the forum cause it's an interesting story actually

I'm considering it for publication but I don't think it will go over well with the general public. People are so damn sensitive but I wouldn't mind sharing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.