EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Here we are. This is the final match. Whomever wins here will be crowned Final Slugfest Champion. Good luck to both competitors.

Experience and memories from all previous matches fought are granted to all teams. With that in mind, your team should be more experienced and therefore arguably become better fighters, more motivated, better teamwork, more adept at using difficult or foreign equipment, etc.

This match will be open for a minimum of 24 hours. The first 12 hours are reserved for debating and questions from voters. Please refrain from directly debating with the participants. This match will last until the final super voter has cast their judgment, or until I decide to end the match myself.

----------------------------------------------

Darthgoober

vs

Typhus

Area L -

----------------------------------

Supervoters for this match (Their votes count as three regular votes)

1. Psycho Gundam

2. The 1st Slugfest Champion - Loot

3. Air Legend

-----------------------------------

Again, Good luck, and thank you to all who have participated in this tournament.

With that in mind...

Let the final match begin!

darthgoober

Evangel94
It's possible Typhus is just busy today (Today is Mother's Day after all. Perhaps he did something nice for his mother?), then he will most likely end up posting and debating with Darthgoober probably tomorrow. I want to avoid the possibility of people voting when Typhus makes his first post the "actual" debate starts. Voting while competitors are still debating could put unnecessary pressure on either side. I'm also sure Darthgoober doesn't want an empty victory with no actual debating.

Hmm...here's what I'm going to do. I wouldn't do this normally, but since this is the final match and I know some people are probably busy for Mother's day; I won't consider the debate period as having begun until both contestants post their write-ups.

To be fair however, if Typhus doesn't post at all by then end of tomorrow my time (central), then I will let people begin voting. If Typhus does post his write-up by the end of tomorrow then the debate period is immediately triggered and begins for a full 12 hours.

-Evangel94

Typhus

darthgoober

Typhus

Typhus
Originally posted by darthgoober
Sorry Typhus but literally NONE of that is going to work because of the spatial energy time bomb that's going to go off in the opening second of the match.
You scans about your bomb are flawed. I see nothing that indicates Surfer could even create something on the magnitude to engulf the entire battlefield and knock out FOUR heralds. Even if you could do it, Redshift or Stardust will open a portal to block your "spartial energy bomb". And assuming you wasted all that energy, Silver Adaptoid will be so drained that he won't be able to fight. You claim about recharging yourself from the nega-bands, but the nega-bands use different kind of energy than power cosmic. How is surfer going to recharge himself on energy that's foreign to him? That would be like me trying to run my car off soda-pop instead of actual gasoline.

Evangel94
Well since Typhus posted his write-up and began the match, the full twelve hour debate period has begun starting with Typhus' first post. Please do not vote and let the competitors debate for the full twelve hours.

-Evangel94

Typhus

Typhus

darthgoober

darthgoober

Doc. Savage
The finals of this awesome tourney are a late entry who replaced someone and a guy who had to quit then returned for the finals.

You are made of win Ev. laughing out loud

darthgoober

darthgoober
Originally posted by Doc. Savage
The finals of this awesome tourney are a late entry who replaced someone and a guy who had to quit then returned for the finals.

Hey I returned for the SEMI finals...

Evangel94
Originally posted by Doc. Savage

Please do not disrupt the thread if you have nothing to contribute. Only those that are NOT banned, have 1000 posts, or are a supervoter may vote. You do not have 1000 posts, so there is no reason for you to even say anything in this thread.

-Evangel94

Bentley
I have a question regarding the time bomb: The last one you made was supposed to open automatically as the match started, I'm not going to fanthom how do you know exactly when the match starts, but rather ask you about the previously described creation process. Last time you said you had the technology knowledge of Reed and Luthor combined to assure that the bomb would explode in time zero, my question is: How do you justify the "intelligence boost" having seen the SA's defeat against Phyla-vell in the imitating intelligence department. Reed is a very creative inventor, how do you justify that SA can mimic that if he has no inner creativity?

darthgoober

darthgoober
Originally posted by Bentley
I have a question regarding the time bomb: The last one you made was supposed to open automatically as the match started, I'm not going to fanthom how do you know exactly when the match starts, but rather ask you about the previously described creation process. Last time you said you had the technology knowledge of Reed and Luthor combined to assure that the bomb would explode in time zero, my question is: How do you justify the "intelligence boost" having seen the SA's defeat against Phyla-vell in the imitating intelligence department. Reed is a very creative inventor, how do you justify that SA can mimic that if he has no inner creativity?
Well I know that my prep's only going to last 15 minutes, so that's how I know when the match is going to start. As for the rest, I don't have Reed's creativeness but I DO have his book knowledge...
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4861/avengersv128805in9.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6215/avengersv128912ip6.jpg

It's a fine line, but them's comics for ya.

Originally posted by Evangel94
Please do not disrupt the thread

**** you. smile

You do not have 1000 posts, so there is no reason for you to even say anything in this thread.

To tell you how ****ing bad your tourney is that's reason enough for me.

-Evangel94

We know who you are unfortunately, no need to sign your posts, your not worthwhile enough to do it anyway.

You ****ing fail.

Typhus

Typhus

Evangel94
Originally posted by 12345678910
**** you. smile

To tell you how ****ing bad your tourney is that's reason enough for me.

We know who you are unfortunately, no need to sign your posts, your not worthwhile enough to do it anyway.

You ****ing fail.

I think it's sad that you go from server to server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

You're just a spectacle, a joke, that people see one morning and forget the next. That's why you keep creating user names, isn't it? In order to keep reminding people that you're still around. People will remember this tournament. What will they remember you for? In the end, your opinion has no lasting effect and no staying power. For that, I truly pity you.

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
I think it's sad that you go from proxy server to proxy server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more proxy servers will it take, and how many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

You're just a spectacle, a joke, that people see one morning and forget the next. That's why you keep creating user names, isn't it? In order to keep reminding people that you're still around. People will remember this tournament. What will they remember you for? In the end, your opinion has no lasting effect and no staying power. For that, I truly pity you.

-Evangel94 "You're like a sad ghost". i gotta say, that's ownage.

Starscream M
I think it's sad that you go from server to server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

-Evangel94 lol i'm sure he'll respond to that

darthgoober

darthgoober

Zeitgeist
Darth outprepped, outgunned and outdebated his opponent.

Vote: Goob.

leonidas
not sure the plan would go exactly as he expected, but SA is simply too much for these guys. they might hurt him and make him work for it a little bit, but in the end he's too much.

vote goob.

darthgoober
Doesn't the voting period end in like an hour? More judges should speak up...

psycho gundam
i am still waiting for morg and stardust to be decicivly beaten, terrax and red shift have been debated thoroughly but morg and stardust are top teir heralds.

darthgoober

Typhus

psycho gundam
(for goob's post)

i know the surfer can defeat them all single handedly but the only REAL factor is if the adaptoid can permanently rid of a herald he attacks quickly enough to avoid getting triple teamed by the unoccupied heralds?

for me, the only thing holding my vote for you is the speed in which SA can dispatch his opponents to lessen their numbers because he gets their abilities when he mimics them, not their added power to his own.

Typhus

Typhus

darthgoober

darthgoober

King Kandy
I'm voting for Typhus. Sorry goob but his plan simply seemed to be more likely to occur. He put doubt into my mind about just what Super Adaptoid can accomplish, and you did not adequately explain away those fears.

Soljer
Originally posted by leonidas
not sure the plan would go exactly as he expected, but SA is simply too much for these guys. they might hurt him and make him work for it a little bit, but in the end he's too much.

vote goob.

My thoughts, word for word.

With a little less capitalization than I'd use, but close enough.

Starscream M
I'm leaning towards Typhus so far...

Morg himself is a formidable match for Silver Adaptoid, add in the other heralds at the same time and it seems hard for me to accept Silver Adaptoid can win

Also, what is so special about Cap's shield?

PS: take my comments with a grain of salt, i haven't read all the arguments (finishing up 2 final papers)

psycho gundam
it absorbs energy, especially kinetic energy like a whistle blow in a sound proof room, in the middle of deep space.

and it can be thrown by cap pretty hard and with a lot of damage to the opponent, someone with even twice his strength coupled with his throwing skill is fatal.

oh and the scan of the shield hurting ulysses klaw, klaw is vulnerable to vibranium as it absorbs the sound that keeps his quasi-solid body intact.
not the same as stardust at all.

Typhus

darthgoober

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it absorbs energy, especially kinetic energy like a whistle blow in a sound proof room, in the middle of deep space.

and it can be thrown by cap pretty hard and with a lot of damage to the opponent, someone with even twice his strength coupled with his throwing skill is fatal. ah i see, thanks

I'm still leaning towards typhus

since his shield can only block one direction at a time...and if he is blocking, then he isn't using it to attack. if he uses it to attack, then he loses the defensive advantage. Typhus teams numbers seem a bit hard to overcome.

Starscream M
count my vote for typhus for the time being

darthgoober

Raoul
after reading, i got to go with goober on this one... his planning and strategy just seem to strike more of a chord with me, like they're the more likely outcome...

goober vote...

Typhus
That's not the true Super Adaptoid, it's a human who was given powers similar to the Super Adaptoid. Do you have anything from the character who makes up my amalgam to suggest such a thing is true for him?

Just his own words:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5476/quasar20029af2.th.jpg

He says the Quantum Bands he duplicated where inferior to the real thing, and from what I've seen, the same goes for copied abilities.

darthgoober

darthgoober
Originally posted by Typhus
Just his own words:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5476/quasar20029af2.th.jpg

He says the Quantum Bands he duplicated where inferior to the real thing, and from what I've seen, the same goes for copied abilities.
That's because uber item's like the Quantum Bands and Thor's hammer ARE replicated imperfectly, but the same doesn't hold true of general abilities and powers or even all complex items(he's copied Iron Man's armor, Cap's shield, and the Nega Bands with NO difference shown or stated).

darthgoober

and it can be thrown by cap pretty hard and with a lot of damage to the opponent, someone with even twice his strength coupled with his throwing skill is fatal.

oh and the scan of the shield hurting ulysses klaw, klaw is vulnerable to vibranium as it absorbs the sound that keeps his quasi-solid body intact.
not the same as stardust at all.
That's why I also included these scan...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg

DigiMark007
Hehe...

Using Lex's suit. Irony.

Starscream M
That's why I also included these scan...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg goober, one question: If SA uses the shield offensively, doesn't he lose his one defensive advantage and open himself up for attack by the other three heralds?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
ah i see, thanks

I'm still leaning towards typhus

since his shield can only block one direction at a time...and if he is blocking, then he isn't using it to attack. if he uses it to attack, then he loses the defensive advantage. Typhus teams numbers seem a bit hard to overcome.
What makes you think he'll need to block more than one direction at a time? He's going to have Terrax dead in the opening seconds and Stardust won't be far behind. Morg and Red Shift are both brawlers and given my characters far superior speed and skill taking them on is going to be a snap.

And even if I throw my shield it's not going to leave me defenseless. I'll still have Surfer's speed, Cap's skills at dodging, Black Knight's skills(and an Uber Mystic Sword that can parry anything my opponents throw at me), and either the combined durability of Herc and Lex's power suit or the durability of the Surfer(whichever's greater).

And that's not counting Surfer's capacity for creating force fields...
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2899/silversurfer199712527ks9.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8241/thor47014fn6.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7526/silversurferv3146p12if3.jpg

darthgoober
goober, one question: If SA uses the shield offensively, doesn't he lose his one defensive advantage and open himself up for attack by the other three heralds?
I targeted Terrax first so I don't even have to use the shield at first, I can use the Sword of Light to take him out. Also see the above post.

Starscream M
I targeted Terrax first so I don't even have to use the shield at first, I can use the Sword of Light to take him out. Also see the above post. I appreciate your assessment

but it seems the picture you're painting has Surfer kinda doing all the aggression and the other team is simply reacting

whereas I find it more likely that at the second the match starts, both sides are going at each other

you have 4 heralds against one powered up herald

Surfer as you say would try to take out terrax at the start...and I would agree a few seconds would be all that is needed, assuming he was facing terrax alone. but here, he has 3 other heralds unleashing blasts and attacks at him at the get go, so I don't think taking out terrax would be as simple as you believe.

and similarly, the forcefield is effective, and in your scans protected him against powerful attacks...but the combined attacks of several heralds seems to me to leave him no breathing room to really take advantage of it as much as a one on one battle affords

I just find the numbers a bit too much to overcome...facing 4 heralds is not the same as facing 4 heralds one at a time in a row, its facing all 4 at once.

Mr. Slippyfist
Why is Bruce debating against Darth?

Anyway, Darth out debated, and countered more than enough for me to say he won.

I vote for Darth.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Why is Bruce debating against Darth?

Anyway, Darth out debated, and countered more than enough for me to say he won.

I vote for Darth. aren't we supposed to explain why we vote one way or the other? I thought that was what Evangel wanted.

I find it more helpful for Goober to attempt to sway my vote if I lay out the reasons why i voted for Typhus rather than if I just posted that Typhus outdebated Goober.

darthgoober
(for goob's post)

i know the surfer can defeat them all single handedly but the only REAL factor is if the adaptoid can permanently rid of a herald he attacks quickly enough to avoid getting triple teamed by the unoccupied heralds?
That's the thing, it doesn't matter if he ends up getting triple teamed. Surfer's faster than any of my opponents by a fair amount and that speed is now complimented by the combined skills and equipment of the Black Knight and Captain America.

And that's aside from the fact that Cap's shield and the Sword of Light are backed by the combined strength of Herc and Lex, I think it's safe to say that he's more than capable of taking down any of them fairly quickly.

And since there's been nothing to suggest that anyone on his team can react to or counter the spatial energy wave in the opening second of the match it means that his entire team is going to be plastered to the dome for the first part of the match(giving me aple time to take out both Terrax and Stardust).

for me, the only thing holding my vote for you is the speed in which SA can dispatch his opponents to lessen their numbers because he gets their abilities when he mimics them, not their added power to his own.
You seem to be mistaken. Super Adaptoid CAN "stack" attributes, he just avoids it because of his limit on using templates(which the Silver Adaptoid lacks)...

SA "stacks" the mental abilities of Dr. Druid and Mentallo...
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2825/avengersv128820zu0.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4319/avengersv128822ao3.jpg

SA "stacks" the strength of Thor and Hercules to overpower Herc...
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7803/avengers04516ea4.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2064/avengers04517wv9.jpg

So when I adapt the powers of Terrax and the rest, I'll have the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic of Terrax added to it.

Typhus

Mr. Slippyfist
aren't we supposed to explain why we vote one way or the other? I thought that was what Evangel wanted.

I find it more helpful for Goober to attempt to sway my vote if I lay out the reasons why i voted for Typhus rather than if I just posted that Typhus outdebated Goober. You said earlier that you didn't even read the whole thread.

And when the 'outdebating' actually has to do with everything? If he out debated him, it's pretty self explanatory that the person got beat. And when the judge biasly chooses the other person based on the team... well, that's not good judging at all.

And besides, why don't you actually read the thread? I mean, you obviously can't be working too hard on those finals.

Typhus
You seem to be mistaken. Super Adaptoid CAN "stack" attributes, he just avoids it because of his limit on using templates(which the Silver Adaptoid lacks)...

SA "stacks" the mental abilities of Dr. Druid and Mentallo...
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2825/avengersv128820zu0.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4319/avengersv128822ao3.jpg

SA "stacks" the strength of Thor and Hercules to overpower Herc...
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7803/avengers04516ea4.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2064/avengers04517wv9.jpg

So when I adapt the powers of Terrax and the rest, I'll have the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic of Terrax added to it.
According to the rules your not allowed to stack strength or any other attribute for that matter. You get whomever is the strongest. In your case you would have to switchout a character's power before using the same power

darthgoober

darthgoober
According to the rules your not allowed to stack strength or any other attribute for that matter. You get whomever is the strongest. In your case you would have to switchout a character's power before using the same power

You're not allowed to stack AMALGAMATED attributes. So I was mistaken in saying that Terrax's Power Cosmic would be added to Surfer's because that's stacking through amalgamation. But in regards to doing something like stacking the strength of Herc and Lex, that IS allowed because the stacking only comes from one component of the amalgam. And when I start adapting the powers of your team, THOSE will be stacked as well(meaning that within a matter of minutes I'll be able to use either the combined Power Cosmic of Terrax, Stardust, Red Shift, and Morg OR the Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer.

The funny thing is that I actually managed to keep that in mind until I answered PG's question. That's why I've been saying things like he has either the durability of the Surfer of the combined durability of Herc and Lex.

Starscream M

Terrax's vulnerability to Surfer's speed...
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7915/ff26013zt6.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5350/newwarriors01712rs1.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2359/newwarriors01713uv2.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3507/newwarriors01716ep3.jpg

the first scan doesn't work

I think this is a powerful argument, that Surfer's speed would negate the numbers factor of the other team, so does Surfer enjoy a similar speed advantage against the other three heralds? (sorry if you've already shown this previously)

Typhus

Typhus

I think this is a powerful argument, that Surfer's speed would negate the numbers factor of the other team, so does Surfer enjoy a similar speed advantage against the other three heralds? (sorry if you've already shown this previously)

Surfer could not overwhelm Morg with speed. In fact, Morg blitzes as well. Here he rushed and demolished Firelord and Airwalker, they didn't couldn't even counterattack:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9305/silversurferannual0712th2.th.jpg http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/780/silversurferannual0713ko0.th.jpg http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7357/silversurferannual0714im1.th.jpg http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6902/silversurferannual0715aw4.th.jpg http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1865/silversurferannual0716ky2.th.jpg http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1681/silversurferannual0717yw7.th.jpg http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3280/silversurferannual0718hg8.th.jpg

darthgoober

Typhus
And just so no-one's underestimating Morg, here's the battle with Surfer I posted earlier:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2419/silversurferv307106mv0.th.jpg http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3648/silversurferv307107li9.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5117/silversurferv307108re9.th.jpg http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5818/silversurferv307109tc2.th.jpg

And since powers don't stack, he's either ^THIS^ durable, or as durable as Lex's power armor.

darthgoober

Here try this one...
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4742/thor19317sy8.jpg

The other heralds on his team have approximately ZERO speed/reaction feats to my knowledge(and I'm one of the resident herald experts), and not a single speed/reflex feat has been posted by Typhus to show his team is able to react to the kind of speed and attacks they're dealing with here.

darthgoober

darthgoober
And just so no-one's underestimating Morg, here's the battle with Surfer I posted earlier:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2419/silversurferv307106mv0.th.jpg http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3648/silversurferv307107li9.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5117/silversurferv307108re9.th.jpg http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5818/silversurferv307109tc2.th.jpg

And since powers don't stack, he's either ^THIS^ durable, or as durable as Lex's power armor.
Again, amalgam abilities don't stack, but my character's stacked strength and durability come directly from the powers of the Super Adaptoid.

darthgoober
Now that I think about it, wasn't this match supposed to officially end like 2 1/2 hours ago?

Typhus

Typhus
Now that I think about it, wasn't this match supposed to officially end like 2 1/2 hours ago?

darthgoober

Ah cool I missed that. In that case I'll be back after I stretch my legs and such)I've been sitting at this computer for over 5 hours now).

psycho gundam
so this thread will over when exactly? i think it started when typhus first posted right?

Evangel94
so this thread will over when exactly? i think it started when typhus first posted right?

It is over when all 3 supervoters cast their judgement, or until I end the match. Whichever comes first. If the supervoters take too long, then I will set a hard deadline for the match to end.

-Evangel94

Starscream M
It is over when all 3 supervoters cast their judgement, or until I end the match. Whichever comes first. If the supervoters take too long, then I will set a hard deadline for the match to end.

-Evangel94 I am the ultra-voter, my vote counts as 9 regular votes.

Bentley
Given that Goob is better at debating -he would not confuse the Nega bands with the Quantum bands- and I think he did more research overall, I'm pretty thorned in this vote.

To put it simply, I don't see why he would use spatial energy instead of his black hole, not only the black hole worked the last fight, but also he does not have any reason to choose spatial energy in the less. Does the amalgam has the Surfer memory? If not, I don't see why would he use that type of energy in particular, by definition, Surfer can manipulate lots of energies, that and how to do it is as much as familiarity with powers will get you with the adaptoid mind.

Also there are the details about the right weapons and amalgamations, for example, the Black Knight sword against Stardust. I know that the cosmic awareness justify this, but we did not see any showings regarding such a complex situation, and Surfer can be surprised. Even better, this is a machine having cosmic awareness -its adaptoid's mind-, minds react very differently to it, and its limited in weird ways. Also, can the adaptoid claim to know the Cap's shield advantage just by cosmic awareness? Big gray area there.

And the final issue the concept. The silver adaptoid lacks precisely in the area that the original Silver Surfer lacks: Using power to the full extent, historically Norrid has been written as someone with lots of potential who wastes it, and thats why he loses against people he should stomp -like Typhus team-, and while Goober gives a superior power via amalgamation, he did so by putting an ever more lacking mind in its head. An in character Silver Adaptoid, its worse at fighting than we are led to believe, lets not forget that Phyla-vell with almost no energy beat the real deal recently. Four against one, there is a good chance that Typhus team will overwhelm him.

And while in the end I think that Gobber's strategy loses, I cannot say that Typhus wins, because he has not quite earned it yet.

Typhus

Typhus
As for my heralds not cutting it in speed, here I have Stardust speedblitzing an opponent into a planet causing it to explode:
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1550/stormbreaker41415cm1.th.jpg http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8270/stormbreaker41617bu3.th.jpg
which he survives (it does not break him down). Stardust is not as easy to dissipate as Goober claims. The scan of Cap hitting Wonder Man in the back of the head is a far cry from having the shield dissipate Stardust and not reform for the rest of the match. Stardust could just as easily blast away the attack with a bolt of cosmic energy. Not to mention I've never seem cap's shield work on anyone on stardust's level, nor can we just assume it will "automagically" make stardust disappear. This is a hypothetical situation, in which there are more factors weighing against the shield to work than for it to succeed. It might hurt to be hit with vibranium, but stardust is imbued with the power cosmic and it will take alot more than a just a shield to dissipate him. Also, It's Super Adaptoid's version of it. A facsmile version. Nothing to indiciate it is it on par with the original. It may be a really good copy, but thats all it is. A copy. Just something else to weigh against the shield to work

Typhus

darthgoober

darthgoober

darthgoober

darthgoober

darthgoober

Starscream M
wow...damn good post. While I still think this would be a close fight and not a cakewalk for SA, I'm switching my vote to Goober.

Evangel94
Ok, I let this debate go on for long enough. It's been fun, but I think this debate is getting off track with it just turning into who can post the most scans and links.

Darthgoober, you've presented your case for all to see. I believe you have made your closing remarks, so I'm resting your case and your side of the debate.

Typhus doesn't appear to be around right now, and the both of you appear to be in different time zones. I'll give Typhus a chance to make his closing arguments with a maximum of five posts (the same number darthgoober has made with his final remarks) with one dedicated to closing arguments. Typhus does not have to use all five posts if he does not wish to.

Starscream M (Master-borg), while I don't mind voters changing their votes, you have a habit of changing and switching your vote back and forth in the middle of the debate. You switched, changed, and withdrawn your vote in FOUR seperate matches in this tournament. It's tad bit excessive. So, just to be fair to both competitors, I'm putting your vote on hold until Typhus makes his final posts. That way you can completely go over the entire debate, and read both competitors closing remarks to make a final decision.

And to the supervoters, please wrap this up. I'm sure it was fun to watch the competitors go at it, but the competitors have both made their case, and anything further would be repetitive and tiring to both participants. I know some of you are still on the fence, so please vote as soon as possible after Typhus makes his closing remarks.

Both competitors did a good job. Great debate, and both of you did well. It was a really good final match. Thank you for all your hard work.

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
i will wait till typhus makes his comments, but where are the other super-voters?

darthgoober
So unless I'm mistaken this is how the vote count currently stands correct...

Goober
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist

Typhus
King Kandy

On hold
Starscream M

psycho gundam
what about bentley?

darthgoober
what about bentley?
I think he's waiting for Typhus. When last I heard he wasn't sure of my strategy but still wasn't ready to give the vote to Typhus.

Bentley
I have not voted yet, I will tonight hoping Typhus posts before I leave.

Great match by the way.

psycho gundam
ok, i will do the same, both deserve their final statement.

Air Legend
The majority of Typhus's arguments proclaimed that darthgoober's amalgam would not efficiently execute it's plans because of having the mind of a machine. Typhus endeavors to persuade his audience that the amalgam will use only elementary attacks and pedestrian battle tactics by viciously undermining the abilities of Super Adaptoid, claiming that the very nature of Super Adaptoid's mentality prevents it from doing anything more. However, darthgoober's amalgam has cosmic awareness. Darthgoober has a character that possesses stellar adaptability capabilities, that uses logic in the battlefield, and is imbued with cosmic awareness, a perfect combination of traits for something with the mind of Super Adaptoid. Therefore, I find no reason why darthgoobers' amalgam would not begin the battle as darthgoober plans.

Not only that, Typhus failed to show any speed feets suggesting his team will adequately react to the initial attack, or a strait up brawl in general. He argues that his team is endowed with a Surfer-like cosmic awareness as well, except that is a flawed line of reasoning, as darthgoober proved with the scan with Galactus, Nova, and Silver Surfer.

All in all, Typhus relied too heavily on convincing his audience that darthgoober's plan would not work due to the very nature of the Super Adaptoid's mind and darthgoober simply out-debated him, to the effect that I'm convinced that darthgoober's team would win in a lopsided fashion.

Voting for darthgoober.

Blair Wind
Voting Darth, better case by far

Loot

Symmetric Chaos
Goober. Damned close though. If Typhus had chosen someone stronger than Terrax I think he could have had this in the bag.

darthgoober
So now it's...

Goober
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Air Legend(vote's worth 3)
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos

Typhus
King Kandy

On hold
Starscream M

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided
Bentley
psycho gundam(vote's worth 3)
Loot-Supervoter(vote's worth 3)

...correct?

psycho gundam
alright, i waited long enough. voting for typhus

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2419/silversurferv307106mv0.th.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3648/silversurferv307107li9.th.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5117/silversurferv307108re9.th.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5818/silversurferv307109tc2.th.jpg

nothing against goober's debate skills or anything, but morg is the x factor to me. terrax is SA first target which is a grave error(see above scans). i know he went over this a lot but beating the surfer is a dream come true for all of typhus's team, especially morg and a blind eye towards him for a split second is not advisable.

the suit that SA is outfitted in has high durability, but the onslaught that will be directed at SA will compromise it at least. and i don't believe terrax would go down THAT fast.

darthgoober
alright, i waited long enough. voting for typhus

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2419/silversurferv307106mv0.th.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3648/silversurferv307107li9.th.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5117/silversurferv307108re9.th.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5818/silversurferv307109tc2.th.jpg

nothing against goober's debate skills or anything, but morg is the x factor to me. terrax is SA first target which is a grave error(see above scans). i know he went over this a lot but beating the surfer is a dream come true for all of typhus's team, especially morg and a blind eye towards him for a split second is not advisable.

the suit that SA is outfitted in has high durability, but the onslaught that will be directed at SA will compromise it at least. and i don't believe terrax would go down THAT fast.
I'm not trying to criticize or sway your vote, but you do realize that the Silver Surfer's not in this match right? My character might start off his prep period looking like him but once he starts taking on other characters powers his appearance is going to change radically and none of the opposing team has any knowledge of my character(so none of them are really "gunning" for him).

I know it doesn't make that much of a difference(nor do I expect it to), I just thought I'd point that out.

psycho gundam
to be fair, his team has as much pre-fight knowledge as your's did.

typhus didn't know of the spacial-bomb in his first post but in his 15 minutes of prep, a rudimentary rift created by either red shift or stardust
could protect the team.

darthgoober
to be fair, his team has as much pre-fight knowledge as your's did.

typhus didn't know of the spacial-bomb in his first post but in his 15 minutes of prep, a rudimentary rift created by either red shift or stardust
could protect the team.
Ah see that I do kinda take issue with. Without buying the "spy on opponents" extra there's NO way anyone on his team would know anything about the blast until it went off in the opening second of the match so there's no way he'd have a defense against it unless he's able to raise the defense after it goes off.

I know that you're basing your vote on the match overall rather than any of these individual points we're discussing now(and that's fine) so again I'm not trying to change your vote. I'm just making sure that no one who's mind isn't already made up is swayed by a point that goes against the tourney rules(so don't think I'm attacking or picking on you for your vote) smile .

psycho gundam
yeah i don't want that to happen also.

Loot

psycho gundam
this thread is pretty much a done deal now, i think it's time for evengel to give my main man his props. Happy Dance

Starscream M
just side commentary: I thought this was a fun battle to read, it's a lot less complex than some of the battles since both arguments are pretty straightforward. One point that Goober really succeeded in imo was taking the offensive to Typhus, it really put Typhus on the defensive having to counter Goober's points.

I guess my vote won't count until Typhus posts his final point...so I'll wait and see if he can bring a gamechanger.

Good fight to both guys!

Loot
Indeed excelente fight, congrat to boths

illadelph12
This was a good match, but there were a couple of tactical blunders which kind of sealed this up for me. Typhus stated the direct approach in his initial attack post and Goober caught him at a disadvantage by using the spatial energy release at the onset of battle. Typhus then claims that Red Shift would re-direct the attack, but we're talking about an omnidirectional energy wave, and also he overlooks the fact that he stated himself that Stardust was taking point and Red Shift would be opening a portal to an asteroid field. From that point it's come down to Typhus trying to cast doubt on whether Adaptoid would know to use Surfer's powers to create the wave because Adaptoid isn't a creative thinking character, however, Goober's spatial wave attack is simply a diversionary tactic, and he's provided scans to substantiate that Adaptoid will and has used such tactics himself, even taking CIS into consideration, and also given the fact that Typhus moved to defend against the attack by diverting Red Shift's efforts to a defensive posture. The Spatial Wave is not a very exotic attack, it's simply a diversion, just like the trick arrow. Perfectly feasible in my estimation. From that point it comes down to whether Adaptoid would use the sword of Light, a vibranium shield, and Surfer's FTL speed to dispatch and/or obtain the powers of Terrax and Stardust before Red Shift and Morg can bring themselves to bear in the fight. The numbers advantage is countered by speed and better tactics, and from what I've seen of Typhus's evidence there's no feats that he has provided that would lead me to believe he could cope with that speed advantage and overwhelm the Silver Adaptoid, let alone that Terrax would be able to before Adaptoid takes his powers, upgrades himself, and moves on to the next step, all in fractions of seconds.

After taking everything into consideration, I have to give my vote to Goober. Typhus put up a valiant effort, but he relied too much on his numbers advantage out the gate, got out maneuvered, and provided nothing that would lead me to believe he could make up the ground, and also did absolutely nothing with the 15 minutes of prep he had going into the match to prepare for what could be coming.

vote: Goober

Faceman
Hope I still have time to vote. Been busy, and I'm just now going to give this match a look over...

darthgoober
Thanks for the support everybody, it makes me feel special that there was this kind of turnout for judging and such(I honestly thought that interest had wained too much to get more than a few voters).

And Typhus, nice match. You did a really good job and you actually made me spend more time in front of the computer than in any of my other matches(even Digi's) just to find counter's for your arguments. As several have pointed out this thing could have gone either way so I'm looking forward to the challenge of facing you again sometime in the future.

Faceman
I'll agree with that darth. Typhus did an excellent job.

Evangel94
Let me just ask here, is everyone votes (supervoters especially) pretty much final at this point? It seems everyone cast their vote already, but is there anyone still waiting on Typhus to say anything? I noticed Typhus didn't get his last statement in before the wave of final voters came in. As I understand it, Darthgoober and Typhus live in different time zones. One posts during the day, while the other posts mostly at night.

-Evangel94

Evangel94
Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos

Typhus
King Kandy

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided/On-Hold/etc
Bentley
Starscream M

Is there anyone else that intends on voting? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

-Evangel94

Starscream M
howmany votes is my vote worth?

Evangel94
howmany votes is my vote worth?

Sorry, but just one.

-Evangel94

Starscream M
Sorry, but just one.

-Evangel94 no prob

illadelph12
Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos

Typhus
King Kandy

Awaiting Typhus/Undecided/On-Hold/etc
Bentley
Starscream M

Is there anyone else that intends on voting? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

-Evangel94

I believe you forgot to include my vote by mistake E. I'll update it for you:

Darthgoober:
Zeitgeist
leonidas
Soljer
Raoul
Mr. Slippyfist
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
Illadelph12

Typhus
King Kandy

Bentley
At this point my vote would count for little, but I'll go with Typhus in this one. Why? I can see his team beating Silver Adaptoid and he fought a hard battle to the very end, and I see it pretty much as PG did: Terrax is not going down that fast.

I vote like this in part because I believe that the vote count should reflect how close is this battle, that I can see Typhus team winning and that the thing he lacked the most to control this fight was something he has no control about: His character feats. Typhus team is very capable and dangerous, but its a thing hard to prove.

However, I think that Typhus could have done a better work, with his prep time along with his arguments. Darth's debate in the other hand was flawless, and I think thats why he deserves the win in the tourney, from my point of view it was easier to go with the team of four against one character, but Darth defended it very well and turned what could have been an uphill battle into the opposite. Also he is an integral debater and answered all my questions very well, which in my book is something more worthy of a congratulation than winning itself.

All in all, I still vote for Typhus, he still did a great job, and I'm sure he will be more prepared for future tournaments.

Typhus
I know some people were waiting for my final rebuttal, but I was unable to devote serious time to the debate today, and I think it would be a disservice to the battle if I pulled a last minute not fully thought out defense. Sorry if it's anticlimactic, but I said what I can.

Anyway, thanks, everyone - hope you enjoyed the match. And well played, Darth.

Jate akaanir. Good fight.

psycho gundam
both competitors were great, the herald showdown didn't disappoint.

but isn't past due for darthgoober's naming as the champion?

Evangel94
both competitors were great, the herald showdown didn't disappoint.

but isn't past due for darthgoober's naming as the champion?

Well, I wanted to make sure that if people still wanted to share their opinion on the battle, that they had a chance to get it on record while the battle thread was still up.

Faceman
Congratulations darth ! That was some of the best debating all threw out the tourney I've seen around here in a while.. I especially enjoyed your match with Digi. Happy to see you bringing the title back to team headquarters.. wink

Evangel94
I am officially ending this match, both competitors did a great job, and it could have gone either way. Thank you to everyone who voted in this tournament and contributed to make this tournament a success.

-Evangel94

Badabing
Well done Goober and Typhus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.