The Bat Voice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelinaAndBruce
I love Bale's portrayal of the Bat and Bruce but his Bat voice is still lacking something in the trailers IMO. Does anyone else think so? Maybe it is difficult to maintain the American accent and then get that raspy sound going. It's not a huge distraction and I know I'm getting a rep for nitpicking or whatever but I kind of just post whatever thoughts come to my mind. Did anyone else have this thought?

starlock
Did not like the voice in the first movie, and i am guessing he is doing the same for the second....i have a problem with bale to begin with, hes a good actor, but to me i cannot believe he is batman nor bruce, it never sat well with me, but i liked the first movie....like you said nit-picking

BruceSkywalker
I don't have a problem with Bale's Bat voice.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by starlock
Did not like the voice in the first movie, and i am guessing he is doing the same for the second....i have a problem with bale to begin with, hes a good actor, but to me i cannot believe he is batman nor bruce, it never sat well with me, but i liked the first movie....like you said nit-picking
Hmm I bought him as Batman just fine but his voice was terrible. I was hoping for some improvement. He just doesn't sound bad ass enough.

Bat Dude
I don't mind it, but I think that Keaton was way better in that category...

In the Batman Begins game, in the monastery level, you get to interrogate a ninja about a pass phrase to get past a door. The way Bale says "You know what I want..." in that interrogation is the way he should be doing the Batman voice... Have a listen for yourself:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgS4X0sUxi4 (it's from 6:39 - 6:41)

SelinaAndBruce
I think Keaton had a better presence in the Bat suit overall. And the way he did the whole first sequence:

"I'm not gonna kill you. I want you to do me a favor. I want you to tell all your friends about me!"

"What are you man?"

"I'm Batman!"

I thought that was really good.

I think Bale's voice just needs a little improvement though. It's just not very menacing to me

atharpina
its alrite..i mean its a lil cheesy but its a comic book movie! its jus supposed to be that way ya know! and i fink bales lack of presence in the bat suit is more nolans fault than bales. some of the scenes were hard to see and sometimes the realism of the action takes away from the mystique batman supposed to have

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.