Had anakins mother died...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Could she have stopped him from turning to the darkside or would he have just force choked her as well like he did with Padme?

Sesse
Had Anakins mother died as she did, she could not have stopped him from turning to the darkside.

@st
One typo and his thread is dead, poor guy. lol

GahLakTus
Had Anakin's mother NOT died - then things would have panned out very differently for young Skywalker.

For one he wouldn't have carried the guilt of being unable to save her - and quite possibly may never have begun his path towards the darkside (ie. the massacre of the Sand people).

steverules
Yeah Had she not died...damn typo's

queeq
Well, you had your answer. Guess this thread is dead now.

Schecter
quite

Sesse
It has lost the will to live.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by GahLakTus
Had Anakin's mother NOT died - then things would have panned out very differently for young Skywalker.

For one he wouldn't have carried the guilt of being unable to save her - and quite possibly may never have begun his path towards the darkside (ie. the massacre of the Sand people).

He would not have slaughtered the tribe and hence forth not discovered the side that belonged to the sith, and because of this he would not have killed Doku.

GahLakTus
"The fear of loss is a path to the dark side"...

Yoda

queeq
Originally posted by Sesse
It has lost the will to live.

It never had one.

Elite Hunter
I think had his mother not died he still would have turned. The ultimate reason why he turned was to save the love of his life in Padme. And Sidious's convinced him that turning was the only to save her. Plus the whole issue of his relationship with Palpatine and the jedi was a central conflict in ROTS.

Tangible God
I disagree actually. Had Anakin's mother not died, he would never have been torn with the guilt of losing her, thus depriving Palpatine of something to prey on him with. "Remember what you told me of your mother, and the Sand People?"

He could still of used Padme against Anakin, but it would not be so severe a reaction. If Shmi had not died, Anakin would have retained his "cool" and remained confident in his Jedi abilities to save her. The danger on Padme's life broke the camel's back, but it was his mother's death that pushed it that far initially.

Schecter
ok so lets back up here a second. this is another 'what if?' thread and its still open....whats wrong with this picture. get crackin queeq. chop chop

GahLakTus
Whats wrong with a "what if" thread? - I thought the whole point of a forum was to debate and discuss.

Sesse
Nay.

Senates are place for that.

This is more like a temple: Priest says, you repeat.

Schecter
Whats wrong with a "what if" thread?

the fact that 'what if' threads are essentially 'what if star wars wasnt star wars but something else.' discussions of 'what if' are not canon. pretty cut and dry really.

I thought the whole point of a forum was to debate and discuss.

the point of this particular subdirectory is to debate and discuss the SW prequel films, the plot, the characters, their interactions, etc as they are. it never was a place to discuss what never was, as the dozens of locked 'what if' threads would testify.

queeq
What if Sw was Star Trek?

Schecter
http://admiralrupert.googlepages.com/kirk.jpg

"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOoOOOooOOoOOOoo!!!!!!"

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Schecter
the fact that 'what if' threads are essentially 'what if star wars wasnt star wars but something else.' discussions of 'what if' are not canon. pretty cut and dry really.

the point of this particular subdirectory is to debate and discuss the SW prequel films, the plot, the characters, their interactions, etc as they are. it never was a place to discuss what never was, as the dozens of locked 'what if' threads would testify.

Who said anything about having to be canon. Merely an interesting question which relates completely to the SW prequel films - and gives people to express an opinion and not have to state facts.

Nothing wrong with a little banter stick out tongue

Schecter
Who said anything about having to be canon.

your answer lies in the forum sticky thread

Merely an interesting question which relates completely to the SW prequel films - and gives people to express an opinion and not have to state facts.

no, it goes against a main story arc, essentially rendering all prior events null and void. thus it has nothing to do with the story, is pure speculation, and not canon.

Nothing wrong with a little banter stick out tongue

agreed, as long as the topic is appropriate

queeq

laughing

Lord Knightfa11

OMG agreed.

queeq
Very.

JediRobin23
What If......

I'm bored....

who cares....

Although I alwalys wondered what would have happened if Jar Jar fell to his death or got hit by a Speeder.

Or if Jar Jar didn't exist

Or if Jar Jar became the emperor

Or If Jar Jar was the dark lord of the sith

Or if Jar Jar smoked grass

GahLakTus
your answer lies in the forum sticky thread

no, it goes against a main story arc, essentially rendering all prior events null and void. thus it has nothing to do with the story, is pure speculation, and not canon.

agreed, as long as the topic is appropriate

I realise it isn't canon - but it is an interesting topic nevertheless as people have posted replies. Where else can we have a "What If" discussion about Starwars Ep 1-3 if not on the Starwars Ep 1-3 forum? - That isn't meant to be sarcastic question btw.

Schecter
i didnt take it as sarcasm. truthfully i dont know. logic says the EU forum, but the mods may disagree there. *shrug*

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by JediRobin23

Or If Jar Jar was the dark lord of the sith

see my thread.

chik4lit
Anakin was a bomb just waiting to go off. If it hadn't been his mother's death to set him off it would've been something else.

sweersa
Originally posted by chik4lit
Anakin was a bomb just waiting to go off. If it hadn't been his mother's death to set him off it would've been something else.

I would have to say Padme set Anakin's bomb off (hehe) because Anakin's dreams or visions of her dying at childbirth caused Anakin to allege himself with the Sith.

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
I would have to say Padme set Anakin's bomb off

Hey, there may be underage people visiting this forum. wink

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Hey, there may be underage people visiting this forum. wink

Especially on a Prequel forum! lol

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.