Vergil vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Who takes it?

This is DMC3 Vergil against CC Sephiroth.

First_Tsurugi06
If I had to give one the speed edge, it would be Vergil, and his Yamato sword gives him some nifty moves, being able to ut through probably anything Sephiroth's Masamune can. I supopse it depends on what Sephiroth gets, but if it's just his Masamune sword, I see the fight ending, sooner or later (probably later), in Vergil's favor, partially 'cause while the Masamune sword is long (as hell), it isn't really quite wide enough to lop sometihng off of Vergil without his durability coming into play.

fascistcrusader
Vergil has much better regen than Pre Nibelheim Sephiroth. Unless Sephiroth had some good materia, possibly an elemental + death combo, going for him he couldn't kill Vergil. It would take Vergil along time to take Seph down, but he'd do it eventually.

ThoraxeRMG
Sephiroth wins this.

JerseyMage
fascist crusader,

Can Sephiroth really equip other materia besides his default? I recall that in the game his materia was unremovable. Not that it was bad materia since level 3 fire, ice, and bolt materia is awfully strong. Does he ever equip other materia in AC or CC?

Terryc250
AC Sephiroth doesn't need materia, because he has control over the his negative lifestream which infact is magic/power/energy/life itself.

We've never seen CC Sephiroth at full strength, but CC Sephiroth is equipped with basically every elemental materia at its highest level, plus the powers he has without materia, it would be a close fight; however if this was AC Sephiroth, he'd win in a curbstomp.

Dark-Jaxx
CC Sephiroth doesn't have what it takes to beat Vergil, AC prolly could though.

Isn't there gonna be a new AC movie showing Seph's full power?

Terryc250
No they're just making a Blu-Ray HD version, with a few small differences, adding bruises and cuts, and some small parts changed, u'll see the differences in this vid

FW-fKGsnFYw&fmt=18

Dark-Jaxx
Great, now I've gotta get a PS3.

Eon Blue
Vergil takes it, then.

JerseyMage
Terry,

How do we know CC Sephiroth is equipped with all the materia from the FFVII game? I don't think lifestream=materia, and thats because in the game, during the nibelheim flashback, the process of creating materia naturally was explained to take special circumstances in the environment + time. I understand that sephiroth controls the lifestream, but I'm specifically interested in whether he can equip the materia combinations available in the FFVII game.

Terryc250
What materia does is aid a user into tapping into the power of the lifestream, thats all materia does, in the flashback when Sephiroth is in your party, you can look into his inventory, hes well equipped with materia back then, he also does powers without materia as well during CC.

Sephiroth after absorbing some lifestream has been doing magic without materia, In AC, his remnents were using magic without materia because they can control a small portion of Sephiroth lifestream.

SHM
Vergil wins. Pre-Nibel Sephiroth isn't enough to take him.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Great, now I've gotta get a PS3.

Or you could wait till someone puts it on youtube and save yourself $600.

Csdabest
How......no.....In AC they had materia..they stole it from Tifa and future ****. Seriously I dont know where your getting all this sephiroth can create materia crap. Where has he been shown to do so. Also what makes you think we havent seen Sephiroth at full strength. He is the strongest because of his control over the lifestream. Stop hyping BS.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Csdabest
How......no.....In AC they had materia..they stole it from Tifa and future ****. Seriously I dont know where your getting all this sephiroth can create materia crap. Where has he been shown to do so. Also what makes you think we havent seen Sephiroth at full strength. He is the strongest because of his control over the lifestream. Stop hyping BS.
... at the beginning of the movie, they summoned shadow creeps without materia.. who said Sephiroth created materia? Read a little closer please. We haven't seen Sephiroth at full strength well.. because we haven't, he never used his full powers in AC did he? I'm stating facts, not "hyping".

Burning thought
Vergil wins with ease

SHM
Sephiroth didn't create Materia, he just could use magic without the aid of it.

Burning thought
lol Sephiroth create materia, what a joke not that its worth much Vergils not going to wait an hour for the dude to cast a spell smile

SHM
Originally posted by Burning thought
lol Sephiroth create materia, what a joke not that its worth much Vergils not going to wait an hour for the dude to cast a spell smile

If you want to be taken seriously, you should at least learn the difference between the story and gameplay mechanics.

But it doesn't matter. Pre Nibel-Sephiroth isn't enough to beat Vergil.

Burning thought
That doesnt make sense.....random...

Eon Blue
It doesn't.

Terryc250
.. its because for some reason BT is thinking because the time it takes for a FF7 character to cast a spell with materia(not sure why, since we've just went over Sephrioth has magic without materia) takes about a couple seconds in gameplay, so he attempted to exaggerate by saying Sephiroth would take an hour to cast a spell.

SHM replied by saying that BT should learn the difference between gameplay mechanics and the actual story.

Makes sense now?

Burning thought
but i was not using gameplay smile which is why its nonsense and random

and not a couple, usually 3/4 seconds, 4 seconds may as well be an hour if your fighting Vergil

Terryc250
BT, can you show us Sephiroth using his powers in the actual story (meaning outside of gameplay) that takes "4" seconds?

Burning thought
no, theres no such thing as Sephiroth using hardly anything in actual story, he probably cannot, but i can show you non gameplay, untouched by balance adjusted spells that take 4 seconds smile

oh sorry didnt read it, outside of gameplay? okie

tFxgxr2YQ

Terryc250
Sephiroths uses powers outside of gameplay, his TK is instant, his NL is basically instant, in CC he used powers as well, show me "non gameplay" spells then.

Burning thought
I just posted the video with an edit....

also those are powers, not spells.......

Terryc250
Video doesn't work..

Terryc250
Anyway, here is a comparison between GAMEPLAY and the move actually used in storyline

In GAMEPLAY theres always that charge, then it has the title that appears at the top, before actually doing the move, theres always waits, however that is not the actual time it takes for the person to do the ability

for example
lDXxOg2bwgI

Then in the actual movie Tifa does her abilities on a whim with no delay at all
HDrQf0ujnz0

Eon Blue
but i was not using gameplay smile which is why its nonsense and random

and not a couple, usually 3/4 seconds, 4 seconds may as well be an hour if your fighting Vergil thumb up

Burning thought
Originally posted by Terryc250
Anyway, here is a comparison between GAMEPLAY and the move actually used in storyline

In GAMEPLAY theres always that charge, then it has the title that appears at the top, before actually doing the move, theres always waits, however that is not the actual time it takes for the person to do the ability

for example
lDXxOg2bwgI

Then in the actual movie Tifa does her abilities on a whim with no delay at all
HDrQf0ujnz0

erm there is no delay after the move is chosen, once its chosen and she actually executes the attack theres no delay

Terryc250
Yes there is, beat rush, she had that glow then the name appears at the top before she actually does it. In the canon movie, she throws a punch, Loz blocks it, then she instantly does the beat rush, no glow/delay name has to appear. Same thing with waterkick, meteodive, and meteorstrike.

First_Tsurugi06
^That's just the implication I had in mind since I first saw the movie. What gave me said implication was how her fists began to emit some sort electric energy surge or something for a quick moment before she went into her other moves in the fight similar to how when Cloud used all his limit breaks, his sword often emitted a blue aura before unleashing them.

Though Loz glowing blue every time he does a speed-blitz always stumped me.

Terryc250
That was just an effect, in the UOG it said they just added that effect to emphasize how fast Loz was because he was so big and bulky.

Also, that "electric energy surge" was just from being zapped by Loz' dual hound, you can see its the exact electricity that came out of his weapon, she just shook it off.

And that blue aura only happened with braver and climhazzard, but Cloud was still able to move freely.

Anyway, the point is, abilities in gameplay and in the actual movie are different, in the actual movie, there is no "routine sequence" which takes up all the delay time.

First_Tsurugi06
Well, RPG's as a whole usually have those kinds of fancy start-up animations when using spells or specials in gameplay. Most often, it's just eye-candy in gameplay (then again, so are the overly cinematic effects of most of the moves), and given how none of it is really visibly present in Advent Children's scenes (except for when Bahamut SIN was summoned), I got the idea that they're non-existant in reality (though I use that term loosely).

As for the blue aura, it was also there when Cloud used his Blade Beam and his Finishing Touch (though I'm actually not sure of the latter.

fascistcrusader
The aura Cloud gets when he's pulling off limit breaks is just spirit energy. Those moves of his are powered by a boost of spirit energy, and the aura is because of that. Its not limiting Cloud in any way, just powering his moves.

Same thing for the glow seen during Omnislash V5.

Terryc250
Finishing Touch and Blade Beam are moves where Cloud charges and swings, i'm just talking about the GAMEPLAY delays, are not real real in canon.. they are just gameplay, which is why BT thinks every ability Sephiroth does takes "an hour", but they are just gameplay delays.

Everything Sephiroth has ever done outside of gameplay has been basically instant.

fascistcrusader
BT's not exactly a credible authority for gameplay/plot relationships....

Burning thought
As i said, once the move is chosen its not really gameplay or game mechanics, the player is not doing anything in those periods, speed of player is not taken into account, its just the move

and its slow as hell, Fist brought up an interesting point about how she does glow a little, but their simply effects, the delay is not a delay, the guy is moving his arm, casting spells etc etc, its simply his cast time which is not an hour but 4 seconds+ which as i said may as well be an hour, until you show me using a spell insantly such as Meteor, Blizzaga or barrier the moves are slow like they are in the games.

and FC reported

I play LOk which is prob one of the most indepth plot related games in the series, and understand it where most, like yourself would probably fail. Final fantasy least of all would be a problem.

Terryc250
Once the move is chosen, it is STILL gameplay, that delay glow effect IS gameplay, its basically a delay just so that it puts up the name of the move at the top of the screen long enough so the player can view it.

even once the player chooses it its STILL much slower then how it would be in the actual story, heres an example

Put it to 8:00, watch boost jump in gameplay
QSLVJlOtaYw

Now watch it in the movie, 6:15, he does it on a whim, much faster then in gaemplay
80zCZODDD5Y

I would, but they dont show those spells in in the movie or in a canon cutscene

However; casting a summon spell from the negative lifestream happens basically instantly, 8:50
uR47uO7JNSE

This from CC, Sephiroth uses his power instantly, 0:35
zez80HCawG4

Also keep in mind that Sephiroth/others are not "immobile" while casting a spell, they're free to move, dodge, etc

Now its your turn to show me Sephiroth taking 4+ seconds to use his power OUTSIDE of gameplay.

Burning thought
Gladly

all the powers and moves after the moves are chosen:

tFxgxr2YQ

at least 4 seconds, there is not even a delay or flash where their not doing anything in most if not all of them, they are simply casting the spell.

nobody is counting from the red flash especially not for physical moves, simply from when they start moving to cast their spell

Terryc250
Gladly

all the powers and moves after the moves are chosen:

tFxgxr2YQ

at least 4 seconds, there is not even a delay or flash where their not doing anything in most if not all of them, they are simply casting the spell.

nobody is counting from the red flash especially not for physical moves, simply from when they start moving to cast their spell

Why do you always post a video that doesnt work? Post it properly plz.

Burning thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_tFxgxr2YQ

Terryc250
Thats gameplay, did you not look at my comparison? Even after the chargeup and everything its STILL slower, even if you start counting AFTER the text at the top disappears its STILL slower then the actual move in the movie, not to mention thats safer sephiroth. A pure gameplay Sephiroth.

DantevsKratos
i say sephiroth unless its nelo angelo the virgel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.