Liu Kang versus Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
The two leading men of their respective series square off.

Who wins ?

Blax_Hydralisk
Ryu. destroys him. no expression

And I'm not even gonna post evidence as too why. shifty

SmashBro
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

And I'm not even gonna post evidence as too why. shifty

That's because there isn't.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by SmashBro
That's because Ryu's that amazing. Fixed/10.

Blax_Hydralisk
Awesome.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
I agree, Liu Kang would win.

Fixed.

But to be honest, I think I might call this a draw.

Dark-Jaxx
Ryu annihilates him, faster, stronger, more powerful, more skilled(yes), and is really pissed off at being a 40 year old virgin.

Pyron_Knight
Liu has beaten gods and immortal emperors.
But he's losing to Ryu?

Dark-Jaxx
And those Gods and immortal emperors are weak and would also lose to Ryu.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And those Gods and immortal emperors are weak and would also lose to Ryu.

Yeah sure.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because who Ryu beat that was anything like them?

Dark-Jaxx
He stalemated Gouki who is superior to them.

SmashBro
Ryu annihilates him, faster, stronger, more powerful, more skilled(yes), and is really pissed off at being a 40 year old virgin.

Yet somehow he has a bad winning record compared to Liu Kang. laughing

SmashBro
He stalemated Gouki who is superior to them.

When did he ever do that?

Dark-Jaxx
Can't remember which game, Gouki admitted Ryu was his equal then destroyed his island with a punch.

Ryu's winning record is worse? Yeah, against people who would wipe the floor with almost anything MK.

DarkC
Can't remember which game, Gouki admitted Ryu was his equal then destroyed his island with a punch.

Ryu's winning record is worse? Yeah, against people who would wipe the floor with almost anything MK.
Gouki admitted that Ryu had the potential to be his equal, and only if he embraced the Satsui no Hadou (which Ryu didn't).

SmashBro

The only time Gouki and Ryu fought was in one of the SF Alpha games and Gouki was just testing him. And as DarkC says, Gouki only said that Ryu had the potential to be his equal.

Only if they were strong enough, in which I'm not convinced of.

JacopeX

And I'm not even gonna post evidence as too why. shifty Destroy? laughing

Or just defeat him. I can debate why this would be a close battle, really. wink

Dark-Jaxx
Because it would not, Ryu's strength, speed, and skill have shown to be higher than Kang's.

Ryo 666
Prove it. I am not saying you are wrong but every time Ryu is ina fight he wins because more pwoerful etc. But I never see proof.

Dark-Jaxx
He has strength to have a boulder over his head for hours, he can dodge bullets easily, he blew a hole in a building with a Hadouken, and the skill, well, he is older, and his entire life is dedicated to fighting.

Ryo 666
He has strength to have a boulder over his head for hours, he can dodge bullets easily, he blew a hole in a building with a Hadouken, and the skill, well, he is older, and his entire life is dedicated to fighting. Can you prove any of this?

JustFrame
Originally posted by Ryo 666
Can you prove any of this?

Street Fighter Canon Guide.

In SFIII Ryu is training under Oro with a gigantic boulder over his head.

Capcom officially confirmed that Ryu can easily dodge bullets with ease.

Capcom has stated that the closest thing to resembling the way Ryu would have fought would have been what was seen in the Alpha Movie, meaning that those super ridiculous Hadouken's and Shinkuu-Hadouken's are all fair game...crazy ridiculous if you ask me, because that looks like X-Men vs. Street Fighter Shinkuu-Hadouken, which is madness.

As for notion of Gouki and Ryu, yes, Ryu has relinquished the Satsu-No-Hadou. However Ryu currently at his SFIII Form is as powerful as his Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu.

SmashBro
Originally posted by JustFrame
Street Fighter Canon Guide.

In SFIII Ryu is training under Oro with a gigantic boulder over his head.

Capcom officially confirmed that Ryu can easily dodge bullets with ease.

Capcom has stated that the closest thing to resembling the way Ryu would have fought would have been what was seen in the Alpha Movie, meaning that those super ridiculous Hadouken's and Shinkuu-Hadouken's are all fair game...crazy ridiculous if you ask me, because that looks like X-Men vs. Street Fighter Shinkuu-Hadouken, which is madness.

As for notion of Gouki and Ryu, yes, Ryu has relinquished the Satsu-No-Hadou. However Ryu currently at his SFIII Form is as powerful as his Satsu-No-Hadou Ryu.

Where is this Street Fighter canon guide?

Dark-Jaxx
For the life of me, I can't find the official art of Ryu with the boulder anywhere!!!

JustFrame
For the life of me, I can't find the official art of Ryu with the boulder anywhere!!!

Here you are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMkjRoqS4U&feature=related

Lastly to Smash, just google "Street Fighter Canon Guide" and you'll find it

Dark-Jaxx
Thank you.

SmashBro
Originally posted by JustFrame
Lastly to Smash, just google "Street Fighter Canon Guide" and you'll find it

All I can find was this (which I've seen before):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/588701/26094

And I can't find the part where they mentioned Capcom saying that the Alpha Movie is closest to the actual characters.

DarkC
I hate how people seem to think that SF universe automatically > MK universe.

Scorpion and Sub Zero could put up an extremely good fight against any SF character, in my opinion.

Blax_Hydralisk
That's because you're DarkC.

There's a C in your name, there's a C in Scorpion. Obviously, you're biased.

Ryo 666
SF fans are very biased.

DarkC
I like both MK and SF.

Dark-Jaxx
MK fans try to play the whole title bullshit, by saying "their Gods! They win!"

When according to feats, Gouki or Bison could beat any MKer, and Scorpion and Sub Zero are two MKers who actually have good speed, so they could put up a fight to some SFers.

DarkC
It's less their speed and more their special abilities that I'm thinking of, Sub-Zero could put up a very good fight against Gouki by just spamming ice and freezing him everytime Gouki gets close. Scorpion just spams teleport, spear, and breathes fire.

Dark-Jaxx
Gouki could dodge all of Sub's attacks with Asura Senku, and can honestly blow Sub in half with one move.

The spear is too slow IMO, I think Gouki can dodge, maybe even grab it.

DarkC
Not if Sub just Ice Shields, which he seems to like to do in MUGEN whenever I'm Shin Gouki.

Dark-Jaxx
True, though I think that some of Gouki's stronger attacks could prolly get through it.

Anyway, this is off topic, based on what is shown, Ryu beats Kang IMO.

DarkC
Maybe a Gouhadou.

I dunno, they're pretty even. Ryu is stronger, Liu Kang is ridiculously faster, both have good projectile attacks.

Dark-Jaxx
What makes Kang faster? He is much stronger, and IMO his Hadouken>Kang's fireballs.

DarkC
His Hadouken specials, yes, but Kang's fireballs are faster and unlike Ryu he can do it midair.

Liu Kang's style of martial arts is just more based on agility than strength. Think Bruce Lee.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by DarkC
His Hadouken specials, yes, but Kang's fireballs are faster and unlike Ryu he can do it midair.

Liu Kang's style of martial arts is just more based on agility than strength. Think Bruce Lee. 1. They are faster due to 2D gameplay, in the movie weren't the Hadoukens much faster?

2. Ryu's style is mostly based around single strikes, unlike Ken which goes for combos. And Superman's style is based wholly around throwing haymakers until someone can't move, but he can punch 1,000,000s of times faster than Kang. Ryu can dodge bullets easily, sumthin Kang has never done.

SmashBro
1. They are faster due to 2D gameplay, in the movie weren't the Hadoukens much faster?

2. Ryu's style is mostly based around single strikes, unlike Ken which goes for combos. And Superman's style is based wholly around throwing haymakers until someone can't move, but he can punch 1,000,000s of times faster than Kang. Ryu can dodge bullets easily, sumthin Kang has never done.

I'm still looking for the source saying that the Alpha anime is closer to the characters.

Dark-Jaxx
Other than it was made by Capcom? What reason would there be to change their powers?

SmashBro
Other than it was made by Capcom? What reason would there be to change their powers?

Doesn't change the fact that the movie is non-canon.

SmashBro
Anyway, I still say Liu Kang>Ryu, based on what's shown. But then I also see it as a draw. I don't see Ryu winning this.

Dark-Jaxx
Since Liu Kang is only humanspeed and Ryu is super speed, and Ryu is stronger and more skilled along with greater versatility, Liu KAng loses.

Vampire Savior
Ryu has Liu beat in almost er aspect. The only way Liu can win this is if he turns into a dragon and eats'im.

SmashBro
Since Liu Kang is only humanspeed and Ryu is super speed,

Ryu isn't superspeed.

and Ryu is stronger and more skilled along with greater versatility,

Liu Kang has a mastery of three styles, as opposed to Ryu's just one.

Liu KAng loses.

No he doesn't.

Dark-Jaxx
Ryu isn't superspeed.

Liu Kang has a mastery of three styles, as opposed to Ryu's just one.

No he doesn't. 1. Umm yeah he actually is. The canon SFIV anime scene proves that for one.

2. Quality over quantity. Ryu has spent much more time honing his skills and is dedicated only to fighting.

3. Yeah, he does. Liu Kang doesn't have ONE advantage over Ryu. Ryu is more powerful and versaqtile, he is faster, he is much stronger, and will crush Kang.

SmashBro
1. Umm yeah he actually is. The canon SFIV anime scene proves that for one.

2. Quality over quantity. Ryu has spent much more time honing his skills and is dedicated only to fighting.

3. Yeah, he does. Liu Kang doesn't have ONE advantage over Ryu. Ryu is more powerful and versaqtile, he is faster, he is much stronger, and will crush Kang.

1. I don't see any "super speed" in that video.

2. Liu Kang trains to improve his skills too. Also, make that six styles.

3. I've yet to see any proof of that since he's failed to crush Hugo and has not beaten anybody as impressive as Liu Kang's enemies.

Dark-Jaxx
1. I don't see any "super speed" in that video.

2. So does Liu Kang. Also, make that six styles.

3. I've yet to see any proof of that since he's failed to crush Hugo and has not beaten anybody as impressive as Liu Kang's enemies. 1. Then you're either in denial to give your beloved Liu Kang a win or you're an idiot. Take your pic.

2. Not like Ryu. Ryu has received training from much more skilled and powerful characters, like Oro.

3. He beat Hugo, and Hugo is a giant and has great strength. He is much stronger physically than Liu Kang, and much stronger physically than the likes of Shao Kahn for that matter. He stalemated Gouki, who is more impressive than all of Liu Kang's enemies.

Vampire Savior
Ryu is faster

Stronger

More experience

CAN be more destructive/deadly.

The only thing Kang can do is that Animalality and try to devour'im. If Kang turns into the Dragon, he's gonna win.

SmashBro
1. Then you're either in denial to give your beloved Liu Kang a win or you're an idiot. Take your pic.

2. Not like Ryu. Ryu has received training from much more skilled and powerful characters, like Oro.

3. He beat Hugo, and Hugo is a giant and has great strength. He is much stronger physically than Liu Kang, and much stronger physically than the likes of Shao Kahn for that matter. He stalemated Gouki, who is more impressive than all of Liu Kang's enemies.

1. I'm neither, bro.

2. And Liu Kang has received training from much more skilled and stronger characters, like Bo' Rai Cho.

3. He never stalemated Gouki and it was unconfirmed who won the fight between him and Hugo. Liu Kang on the otherhand, has beaten guys who have far more experience than Ryu and his trainers.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Ryu is faster

Stronger

More experience

CAN be more destructive/deadly.

The only thing Kang can do is that Animalality and try to devour'im. If Kang turns into the Dragon, he's gonna win.

1. Proof?

2. Probably.

3. So was Goro and Shang Tsung.

4. So can Liu Kang.

5. Liu Kang has way more of a chance than that.

Blax_Hydralisk
What's Liu Kang's greatest destruction/strength feat?

SmashBro
What's Liu Kang's greatest destruction/strength feat?

His MK4 fatality.

Blax_Hydralisk
They have multiple fatalities.

SmashBro
They have multiple fatalities.

But I'm only using the ones that are more close or related to the characters abilities. So don't worry, I won't use the Dragon fatality or anything like that. Just the ones the characters could obviously do.

Blax_Hydralisk
I mean, specify which fatality.

Superboy Prime
Raiden oneshots earth go figure.

SmashBro
I mean, specify which fatality.

It's the one where he throws the opponent into the air and blows them up with a fireball.

Dark-Jaxx
1. I'm neither, bro.

2. And Liu Kang has received training from much more skilled and stronger characters, like Bo' Rai Cho.

3. He never stalemated Gouki and it was unconfirmed who won the fight between him and Hugo. Liu Kang on the otherhand, has beaten guys who have far more experience than Ryu and his trainers. 1. Yeah, you really are.

2. Who is nothing to SF characters like all the MK characters. MK is weak as fvck.

3. Yes he did stalemate Gouki, and then Gouki destroyed the island. Liu Kang has beaten far weaker foes than Gouki. Wow.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Raiden oneshots earth go figure. Never happened outside of a comic. Go figure.

Liu Kang's best destructive move is the equivelant of throwing someone and doing a Hadouken...Wow lol.

SmashBro
1. Yeah, you really are.

2. Who is nothing to SF characters like all the MK characters. MK is weak as fvck.

3. Yes he did stalemate Gouki, and then Gouki destroyed the island. Liu Kang has beaten far weaker foes than Gouki. Wow.

1. No, I'm really not.

2. You must don't know squat about MK if you think they're weak. Sure, let me know when someone from SF can rip off someone elses head with one hand with almost no effort or destroying a tank-like robot with a fireball.

3. An non serious Gouki, that is. And Gouki used a special to destroy an island. Wow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SmashBro
Never happened outside of a comic. Go figure.

Liu Kang's best destructive move is the equivelant of throwing someone and doing a Hadouken...Wow lol.

Like a Hadouken can really blow someone up too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blax_Hydralisk
Gouki used a special to destroy an island. Wow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

When has an MK'er ever canonically even done close to that?

SmashBro
When has an MK'er ever canonically even done close to that?

Did I say anybody from MK could do that?

But to answer your question: Raiden. He destroyed that huge place (not sure what was called) in Deception.

Dark-Jaxx

But to answer your question: Raiden. No he hasn't. Not in canon.

Dark-Jaxx
1. No, I'm really not.

2. You must don't know squat about MK if you think they're weak. Sure, let me know when someone from SF can rip off someone elses head with one hand with almost no effort or destroying a tank-like robot with a fireball.

3. An non serious Gouki, that is. And Gouki used a special to destroy an island. Wow. roll eyes (sarcastic) 1. Yes you are.

2. They are weak compared to Streetfighter. Let me know when someone in MK can destroy an island with a punch, walk on the bottom of the ocean, kick a ship in half, or blast giant holes through buildings.

3. No, by Gouki's own words Ryu was nearly his equal at that point. Gouki used a special to destroy an island. Liu Kang's most destructive move is blowing someone up with a fireball. I wonder which is more powerful? haermm

Blax_Hydralisk

But to answer your question: Raiden. He destroyed that huge place (not sure what was called) in Deception.

Nice edit.

Irregardless, that's nothing compared to tanking an entire island complete with mountain ranges... in one punch.

Dark-Jaxx
Like a Hadouken can really blow someone up too. roll eyes (sarcastic) Sure they could.

Dark-Jaxx
Nice edit.

Irregardless, that's nothing compared to tanking an entire island complete with mountain ranges... in one punch. At least someone has basic logic comprehension skills...

SmashBro
1. Yes you are.

2. They are weak compared to Streetfighter. Let me know when someone in MK can destroy an island with a punch, walk on the bottom of the ocean, kick a ship in half, or blast giant holes through buildings.

3. No, by Gouki's own words Ryu was nearly his equal at that point. Gouki used a special to destroy an island. Liu Kang's most destructive move is blowing someone up with a fireball. I wonder which is more powerful? haermm

1. No I'm not.

2. No they're not weak compared to SF. Let me know when someone in SF can rip a whole skeleton out of somebody or destroy a whole palace with one blast.

3. Nearly equal at what?

Dark-Jaxx
1. No I'm not.

2. No they're not weak compared to SF. Let me know when someone in SF can rip a whole skeleton out of somebody or destroy a whole palace with one blast.

3. Nearly equal at what? 1. Yes.

2. Both feats completely pale in comparison to destroying an island with a punch. What is your point?

Oh and that blast Raiden did may as well of been a suicide blast.

3. Fighting. Duh.

SmashBro
At least someone has basic logic comprehension skills...

Are you trying to throw insults now?

Nice edit.

Irregardless, that's nothing compared to tanking an entire island complete with mountain ranges... in one punch.

Which was a special attack, not a casual punch.

Blax_Hydralisk

Dude. no expression

He destroyed an island with a punch. He kicked a Submarine out of the Ocean. Ken demolished a boulder. M.Bison tanked a nuke and wiped out a village.

All of those things are FAR greater then ripping someones ****ing SPINE out of their body.

Which was a special attack, not a casual punch.

And Raiden's palace feat was done with a special, not a casual flick of his finger or lightning blast. he sat there charging it for like ten seconds to the point where he could barely control it himself. Spines get ripped off in a fatality, which is a special. No one can do that whenever they want to.

What's your point?

SmashBro
1. Yes.

2. Both feats completely pale in comparison to destroying an island with a punch. What is your point?

Oh and that blast Raiden did may as well of been a suicide blast.

3. Fighting. Duh.

1. No.

2. It was a special attack, not a mere punch like you're trying to make it seem like. And don't try to come up with an excuse for Raiden's blast.

3. Then that does little to help your point.

Dark-Jaxx
Are you trying to throw insults now?

Which was a special attack, not a casual punch. 1. There's no "trying" about it.

2. And is still above anything anyone in MK has ever done.

Dark-Jaxx
1. No.

2. It was a special attack, not a mere punch like you're trying to make it seem like. And don't try to come up with an excuse for Raiden's blast.

3. Then that does little to help your point. 1. Yeah you really are dude.

2. A special attack which is just a ki filled punch. There is no fvcking excuse to Raiden's blast, that's what it fvcking was, it was a suicide blast, I mean Jesus Christ dude. And that blast was STILL less impressive than destroying an island.

3. Wtf!? My point was he stalemated Gouki, which by Gouki's words HE DID!!!

SmashBro
Dude. no expression

He destroyed an island with a punch. He kicked a Submarine out of the Ocean. Ken demolished aboulder. M.Bison tanked a nuke and wiped out a village.

All of those things are FAR greater then ripping someones ****ing SPINE out of their body.

Bison never tanked a nuke, man. And again, that was not a casual attack. Don't try to say "it was a punch" as it was actually one of his special moves. Again, J.Cage destroyed Mutoid Man. Since when did Bison wipe out a village? And please, please, PLEASE, don't ever think that punching a boulder is more impressive than taking out a whole skeleton out of somebody. That's just ridiculous.

And Raiden's palace feat was done with a special, not a casual flick of his finger or lightning blast. Spines get ripped off in a fatality, which is a special. No one can do that whenever they want to.

What's your point?

It's a good thing you asked me that because you missed my point; you always "Gouki destroyed an island with a punch" when it was more than just a mere punch. It was a special technique. Continuously saying "it's a punch" is nonsense.

Dark-Jaxx
Bison never tanked a nuke, man. And again, that was not a casual attack. Don't try to say "it was a punch" as it was actually one of his special moves. Again, J.Cage destroyed Mutoid Man. Since when did Bison wipe out a village? And please, please, PLEASE, don't ever think they're all more impressive than taking out a whole skeleton out of somebody. That's just ridiculous. no expression

haermm

WTF!? laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance

SmashBro
1. Yeah you really are dude.

2. A special attack which is just a ki filled punch. There is no fvcking excuse to Raiden's blast, that's what it fvcking was, it was a suicide blast, I mean Jesus Christ dude. And that blast was STILL less impressive than destroying an island.

3. Wtf!? My point was he stalemated Gouki, which by Gouki's words HE DID!!!

1. No I'm not.

2. It was NEAR suicide blast and that doesn't make him any less powerful, now does it?

3. No, originally, you said that Gouki claimed that Ryu was "equal to him". Can you prove that? And even if that is true, that doesn't mean Ryu can sink an island too, like you're trying to make it seem like.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm sorry dude...But there is no way I can debate you seriously. haermm

SmashBro
no expression

haermm

WTF!? laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance

Which do you think is more impressive: punching a bolder or ripping someone's skeleton out?

Dark-Jaxx
Which do you think is more impressive: punching a bolder or ripping someone's skeleton out? Punching the fvcking boulder dude. haermm

SmashBro
Punching the fvcking boulder dude. haermm

Of course since a SF character did that, you'll obviously say that's more impressive. That's almost no surprise.

Blax_Hydralisk

I know. crylaugh

It boggles the mind. haermm

What is with this dude. laughing out loud

SmashBro

I don't think you ever did debate seriously.

Blax_Hydralisk
laughing

Dark-Jaxx
"Hey, what's more impressive, ripping out a skeleton or destroying an island? "

"Ripping out the skeleton d00d!!!!!" haermm

SmashBro
I know. crylaugh

What's the matter? You ran out of points?

SmashBro

And when did I say this?

Blax_Hydralisk

haermm

SmashBro
It seems like neither of you actually pay attention or use your brain when you need to.

I said "don't say all of them are more impressive", not "don't say any of them are more impressive". Meaning, only some (maybe a few) of those are more impressive, but not every last one of them.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm not laughing at that. laughing out loud

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, all of them are more impressive. The human body is extraorinarily frail, destroying a boulder physically is a much better feat.

SmashBro
I'm not laughing at that. laughing out loud

Then what is it?

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm laughing because your arguments are so much more logical then mine.

SmashBro
Yeah, all of them are more impressive. The human body is extraorinarily frail, destroying a boulder physically is a much better feat.

So in otherwords, you're saying anybody can do that? Like it's not impressive at all?

I'm laughing because your arguments are so much more logical then mine.

That's not what you were laughing at. Stop lying.

Blax_Hydralisk
Prove it.

SmashBro
Prove it.

You made a response to one of Jaxx's posts which had nothing to do with my arguments being more logical than yours.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah but that's not what the laughing smileys was for.

SmashBro
Yeah but that's not what the laughing smileys was for.

So you just stuck smileys there for no reason?

Dark-Jaxx
So in otherwords, you're saying anybody can do that? Like it's not impressive at all? Anybody who can smash a fvckin boulder can, or lift 20 tons. Both are in Ryu's powerset.

Blax_Hydralisk
So you just stuck smileys there for no reason?

I was just too lazy to quote your awesome logic posts, so instead I just tacked on the smiley. The smiley was meant to be a sign of respect to your omghax though.

Dark-Jaxx
I was just too lazy to quote your awesome logic posts, so instead I just tacked on the smiley. The smiley was meant to be a sign of respect to your omghax though. Lemme translate this for you Smashbro. What Blax is actually saying is that you're posts are so illogical and based off of nothing that he can't debate you seriously and therefore must not only use laughing smilies, but subtly mock you with this little act he is doing.

SmashBro
Anybody who can smash a fvckin boulder can, or lift 20 tons. Both are in Ryu's powerset.

Where was the exact weights stated? And when did Ken punch a boulder?

Blax_Hydralisk
Lemme translate this for you Smashbro. What Blax is actually saying is that you're posts are so illogical and based off of nothing that he can't debate you seriously and therefore must not only use laughing smilies, but subtly mock you with this little act he is doing.

That's not what I meant at all. sad

SmashBro
Lemme translate this for you Smashbro. What Blax is actually saying is that you're posts are so illogical and based off of nothing that he can't debate you seriously and therefore must not only use laughing smilies, but subtly mock you with this little act he is doing.

No, I think this is just YOU saying this. I'm the one who's asking for proof and you say I'm basing what I'm saying on nothing? roll eyes (sarcastic) In addition, you go so far as to spam the thread under some poor excuse claiming "I can't take you seriously".

SmashBro
That's not what I meant at all. sad

You meant something when you said this:

I know. crylaugh

So what were you talking about?

Dark-Jaxx
Where was the exact weights stated? And when did Ken punch a boulder? Well, going by their sizes, they were roughly 20 tons, the one Ryu had may of been more in fact been more than 10 tons, with Oro's being 10 tons, so it was roughly 20 tons or more. I can get pics of a 10 ton boulder if you want.

Dark-Jaxx
No, I think this is just YOU saying this. I'm the one who's asking for proof and you say I'm basing what I'm saying on nothing? roll eyes (sarcastic) In addition, you go so far as to spam the thread under some poor excuse claiming "I can't take you seriously". Well I can't.

SmashBro
Well, going by their sizes, they were roughly 20 tons, the one Ryu had may of been more in fact been more than 10 tons, with Oro's being 10 tons, so it was roughly 20 tons or more. I can get pics of a 10 ton boulder if you want.

Nah, I think I've heard enough. But I would like to know when did Ken punch a boulder.

Well I can't.

And you're still holding on to that excuse too. Pitiful.

Dark-Jaxx
I would have to look for Ken punching a boulder, I can't remember exactly when it was.

I do know Adon shattered a large stone statue though.

SmashBro
But still I can't say punching a boulder is more impressive than ripping out a skeleton from somebody.

P-Geyser
Grey Fox why did you make this topic dawg?.....really. OFCOURSE RYU THE GOD.....I AM MEAN WANDERING WARRIOR BEATS HIS A$$ UP AND DOWN AND AROUND THE BEND. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SmashBro
Okay...confused What's all that about?

Kirikaze Fuuma
the god?

btw, ryu wins.

SmashBro
And I still say Liu Kang wins.

Or a possible draw.

Darkstorm Zero
Hard to say... Based off of ABC logic, then Liu wins in spades... but Featwise... I'm not too sure, Liu is the faster of the two, while Ryu is stronger...

SmashBro
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hard to say... Based off of ABC logic, then Liu wins in spades... but Featwise... I'm not too sure, Liu is the faster of the two, while Ryu is stronger...

That's why I say it's a possible draw.

DarkC
"Now drop a TRAIN on him, Liu!"

http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/mk3/umk30630.png

"Or an MK machine, that works too."

Dark-Jaxx
Hard to say... Based off of ABC logic, then Liu wins in spades... but Featwise... I'm not too sure, Liu is the faster of the two, while Ryu is stronger... Based on feats, the people Liu Kang has beaten are not as impressive as Ryu or the people he has fought either.

Faster? He has the speed of a normal human. Even t3h UBER GODZ like Raiden in MK fight at human speed.

MK is overrated and wanked as hell.

SmashBro
Based on feats, the people Liu Kang has beaten are not as impressive as Ryu or the people he has fought either.

Faster? He has the speed of a normal human. Even t3h UBER GODZ like Raiden in MK fight at human speed.

MK is overrated and wanked as hell.

Nah, I think you just underrate it while at the same time, overrating SF. I mean saying that none of Liu Kang's opponents are impressive? And saying stuff like a Hadouken can vaporise somebody or Bison can tank nukes or even going so far as to say SF>>>MK when some characters in MK got abilities and did things nobody in SF has?

SF is overrated and wanked as hell.

Dark-Jaxx
Nah, I think you just underrate it while at the same time, overrating SF. I mean saying that none of Liu Kang's opponents are impressive? And saying stuff like a Hadouken can vaporise somebody or Bison can tank nukes or even going so far as to say SF>>>MK when some characters in MK got abilities and did things nobody in SF has?

SF is overrated and wanked as hell. None of Liu Kang's opponents are impressive compared to Ryu's, like Gouki.

Humor me, when did I say a Hadouken can vaporise somebody?

Bison tanked a nuke. I showed you the vid.

And no character in MK has destroyed an island in the form of a punch, split a mountain with one, or kicked a ship in half while destroying a submarine from the shockwave.

And no character in MK short of a select few like Sub Zero and Scorpion have super speed. Most are slow.

SmashBro
None of Liu Kang's opponents are impressive compared to Ryu's, like Gouki.

Humor me, when did I say a Hadouken can vaporise somebody?

Bison tanked a nuke. I showed you the vid.

And no character in MK has destroyed an island in the form of a punch, split a mountain with one, or kicked a ship in half while destroying a submarine from the shockwave.

And no character in MK short of a select few like Sub Zero and Scorpion have super speed. Most are slow.

1. And yet Ryu himself didn't beat Akuma.

2. You didn't say it (although other people have) but you did make it seem like a Hadouken can blow somebody up.

3. You showed me an ending that is contradicted by other endings and actual evidence.

4. And again, those were special techniques he used, not some casual attack. See? Overrating.

5. And I suppose every SF character has superspeed? Because from what I've seen the SFIV video, they don't seem to be moving that fast at all.

Dark-Jaxx
1. And yet Ryu himself didn't beat Akuma.

2. You didn't say it (although other people have) but you did make it seem like a Hadouken can blow somebody up.

3. You showed me an ending that is contradicted by other endings and actual evidence.

4. And again, those were special techniques he used, not some casual attack. See? Overrating.

5. And I suppose every SF character has superspeed? Because from what I've seen the SFIV video, they don't seem to be moving that fast at all. 1. No. He stalemated him. Then Gouki destroyed the island.

2. Can it blow some people up? Possibly. Not everyone though.

3. No it isn't. In the other endings he self destructed. In that one he nuked.

4. And no MK characters have done anything like that, period.

5. Yeah, they really are, Gouki was like 50 feet on the air, and then changed his direction in midair and kicked the crap out of Ryu, and did it very quickly.

What does Liu Kang have Ryu beat in? Humor me.

SmashBro
1. No. He stalemated him. Then Gouki destroyed the island.

2. Can it blow some people up? Possibly. Not everyone though.

3. No it isn't. In the other endings he self destructed. In that one he nuked.

4. And no MK characters have done anything like that, period.

5. Yeah, they really are, Gouki was like 50 feet on the air, and then changed his direction in midair and kicked the crap out of Ryu, and did it very quickly.

What does Liu Kang have Ryu beat in? Humor me.

1. He didn't stalemate him.

2. It has never blown anybody so I don't know why you keep saying that.

3. In other endings, he was destroyed, not self-destructed.

4. And no SF character has ever ripped someone in half, period.

5. Yet it took him ages to reach Ryu, who had enough to charge up his Hadouken. Also, the said height was never stated.

6. Liu Kang has him skills, fire power, and has more impressive victories.

Dark-Jaxx
1. He didn't stalemate him.

2. It has never blown anybody so I don't know why you keep saying that.

3. In other endings, he was destroyed, not self-destructed.

4. And no SF character has ever ripped someone in half, period.

5. Yet it took him ages to reach Ryu, who had enough to charge up his Hadouken. Also, the said height was never stated.

6. Liu Kang has him skills, fire power, and has more impressive victories. 1. Neither person won the fight, WTF do you call that? It was a Goddamn stalemate. Jesus friggin Christ man...

2. Well let's use some common sense and logic here. Weak Hadoukens from Gouki exploded and caused small craters in the ground.

Going by that, a normal human would be killed and blown up in one hit from those Hadoukens.

3. He fought people, then his power overflowed and he self destructed. It is contradicted by NOTHING.

4. Dude it's gotten to the point where you are just being a fvckin idiotic fanboy. Ryu can support over 20 tons for friggin hours. That takes MUCH more strength than ripping someone in half does.

And ripping someone in half doesn't even begin to rival kicking a friggin ship in half, splitting a mountain in half, and destroying an island.

5. Dramatic slow mo ftw. The height was never stated. Well no shit it was an estimate and STILL showed more speed than any MK character.

6. Liu Kang does not have better skill. Ryu is older, and received training from much more skilled and powerful teachers. Fire power? Ryu does not fight lethally, but Ryu can also KO Kang in one blow...More impressive victories? This gonna turn into a who-beat-who debate? A>B>C logic ftl.

SmashBro
1. Neither person won the fight, WTF do you call that? It was a Goddamn stalemate. Jesus friggin Christ man...

2. Well let's use some common sense and logic here. Weak Hadoukens from Gouki exploded and caused small craters in the ground.

Going by that, a normal human would be killed and blown up in one hit from those Hadoukens.

3. He fought people, then his power overflowed and he self destructed. It is contradicted by NOTHING.

4. Dude it's gotten to the point where you are just being a fvckin idiotic fanboy. Ryu can support over 20 tons for friggin hours. That takes MUCH more strength than ripping someone in half does.

And ripping someone in half doesn't even begin to rival kicking a friggin ship in half, splitting a mountain in half, and destroying an island.

5. Dramatic slow mo ftw. The height was never stated. Well no shit it was an estimate and STILL showed more speed than any MK character.

6. Liu Kang does not have better skill. Ryu is older, and received training from much more skilled and powerful teachers. Fire power? Ryu does not fight lethally, but Ryu can also KO Kang in one blow...More impressive victories? This gonna turn into a who-beat-who debate? A>B>C logic ftl.

1. And what makes you think Gouki was going all out? Also, stop saying that.

2. What the heck...? There weren't any craters.

3. Yes it is. He didn't self-destruct and even in the storyline, he couldn't take the explosion. Plus, he shot multiple hadoukens. We don't know how much damage ONE will do.

4. Enough with that fanboy crap. At least I'm not overrating somebody like you do.

Also, stop trying to make it look like ripping someones body in half is nothing. That takes a heck of alot of strength to do that. Saying lifting a boulder instantly>ripping a body in half is ridiculous.

5. So in otherwords, it's just a number you made up.

6. What does Ryu being older got to do with it? Liu Kang's opponents are older than Ryu, so? And Liu Kang's trainer also has thousands of years of experience. And lol at Ryu beating Liu Kang in one blow. Very bias. And yes, more impressive victories. I hadn't seen Ryu win a victory that was impressive.

Dark-Jaxx
1. And what makes you think Gouki was going all out? Also, stop saying that.

2. What the heck...? There weren't any craters.

3. Yes it is. He didn't self-destruct and even in the storyline, he couldn't take the explosion. Plus, he shot multiple hadoukens. We don't know how much damage ONE will do.

4. Enough with that fanboy crap. At least I'm not overrating somebody like you do.

Also, stop trying to make it look like ripping someones body in half is nothing. That takes a heck of alot of strength to do that. Saying lifting a boulder instantly>ripping a body in half is ridiculous.

5. So in otherwords, it's just a number you made up.

6. What does Ryu being older got to do with it? Liu Kang's opponents are older than Ryu, so? And Liu Kang's trainer also has thousands of years of experience. And lol at Ryu beating Liu Kang in one blow. Very bias. And yes, more impressive victories. I hadn't seen Ryu win a victory that was impressive. 1. He was not per say, as he wasn't Shin. But even normal Gouki has island busting power. I'll say whatever the fvck I want.

2. They were small craters, sure, but craters nontheless.

3. He DID self destruct though. And he DID take the explosion. He shot multiple Hadoukens in one burst, each one made a small crater and erupted upwards from the ground.

4. Oh you're not? You're trying to say MK>SF, because they can fvcking rip people in half. BIG FRIGGIN WHOOPTY DOO.

Compared to supporting over 20 tons for hours, it IS nothing. Someone who can lift friggin 5 tons over there head could EASILY rip someone in half. Jesus Christ man.

5. Nope, it's a number I used judging by the distance, it was 40-60 feet.

6. Gee, I don't know, maybe more time to TRAIN!? Liu Kang's trainder also has like...No feats. Lol. Definately none to put him on Oro's level, who DID fight Gouki to a stalemate. Oro is also strong enough to support 10 tons for hours while sitting down with his legs crossed, and supports the boulder with only the tips of his fingers. Liu Kang has not ONE durability feat to suggest he can take punches from someone who supports 20 tons for hours. Ryu has fought back M. Bison, and stalemated Gouki. But A>B>C logic is bullshit anyways.

SmashBro
1. He was not per say, as he wasn't Shin. But even normal Gouki has island busting power. I'll say whatever the fvck I want.

2. They were small craters, sure, but craters nontheless.

3. He DID self destruct though. And he DID take the explosion. He shot multiple Hadoukens in one burst, each one made a small crater and erupted upwards from the ground.

4. Oh you're not? You're trying to say MK>SF, because they can fvcking rip people in half. BIG FRIGGIN WHOOPTY DOO.

Compared to supporting over 20 tons for hours, it IS nothing. Someone who can lift friggin 5 tons over there head could EASILY rip someone in half. Jesus Christ man.

5. Nope, it's a number I used judging by the distance, it was 40-60 feet.

6. Gee, I don't know, maybe more time to TRAIN!? Liu Kang's trainder also has like...No feats. Lol. Definately none to put him on Oro's level, who DID fight Gouki to a stalemate. Oro is also strong enough to support 10 tons for hours while sitting down with his legs crossed, and supports the boulder with only the tips of his fingers. Liu Kang has not ONE durability feat to suggest he can take punches from someone who supports 20 tons for hours. Ryu has fought back M. Bison, and stalemated Gouki. But A>B>C logic is bullshit anyways.

1. So what if normal Akuma is island busting? And I'll tell you again; stop saying that.

2. There were no craters, dude.

3. He did NOT take the explosion. How else do you think he lost his body?

4. Except I never said MK>SF. Don't go there.

Where the heck did you come up with 5 tons=ripping a body in half?

5. Which is random number so yeah, you made that up.

6. And here I thought you were saying "more skilled teachers" to be impressive. Ryu wasn't lifting it for "hours". Where did you pull that out of? Plus, lifting and punching are two different things. If Ryu hadn't shown how strong his punches are, then how can you say "one punch" will beat Liu Kang? You're still making stuff up.

Dark-Jaxx
1. So what if normal Akuma is island busting? And I'll tell you again; stop saying that.

2. There were no craters, dude.

3. He did NOT take the explosion. How else do you think he lost his body?

4. Except I never said MK>SF. Don't go there.

Where the heck did you come up with 5 tons=ripping a body in half?

5. Which is random number so yeah, you made that up.

6. And here I thought you said "more skilled teachers" to be impressive. Ryu wasn't lifting it for "hours". Where did you pull that out of? Plus, lifting and punching are two different things. If Ryu hadn't shown how strong his punches are, then how can you say "one punch" will beat Liu Kang? You're still making stuff up. 1. Ryu stalemated him. Fvck you.

2. Yes there were.

3. Dude, he did take the nuke, and was finished off by 50. Calibur Jet fire.

4. You implied it.

Oh, actually, it is more impressive. A class 2(2 tons) character could easily rip a body in half. It is not as good a feat as you like to make it sound.

5. Nope, it's called an estimate.

6. Oro is more skilled than Kang's teacher. no expression Part of Ryu's training was to support those boulders until he dropped. Though humor me, when has Liu Kang even taken punches froma dude who can lift 20 tons? Oh, and physical strength(lifting) contributes to punching power.

SmashBro
1. Ryu stalemated him. Fvck you.

2. Yes there were.

3. Dude, he did take the nuke, and was finished off by 50. Calibur Jet fire.

4. You implied it.

Oh, actually, it is more impressive. A class 2(2 tons) character could easily rip a body in half. It is not as good a feat as you like to make it sound.

5. Nope, it's called an estimate.

6. Oro is more skilled than Kang's teacher. no expression Part of Ryu's training was to support those boulders until he dropped. Though humor me, when has Liu Kang even taken punches froma dude who can lift 20 tons? Oh, and physical strength(lifting) contributes to punching power.

1. Akuma was holding back. Stop saying that.

2. No there weren't.

3. Which is contradicted by other endings AND by the storyline.

4. Nope. You assumed it.

5. Nope, it's called speculation.

6. Bull crap. Bo' Rai Cho's more skilled than Oro. And I don't recall anyone from MK lifting that much so I'm not sure who. But humor me; who has Ryu fought since lifting that boulder?

Dark-Jaxx
1. Akuma was holding back. Stop saying that.

2. No there weren't.

3. Which is contradicted by other endings AND by the storyline.

4. Nope. You assumed it.

5. Nope, it's called speculation.

6. Bull crap. Bo' Rai Cho's more skilled than Oro. And I don't recall anyone from MK lifting that much so I'm not sure who. But humor me; who has Ryu fought since lifting that boulder? 1. ...Dude you're like a friggin Mary-Go-Round. Yes, Gouki was not Shin, BUT, even in his base form he was stronger than anyone Kang has faced.

2. Yes there were. smile

3. Contradicted by other endings? Nope, in the other ones he self destructs. Storyline? Granted, it is noncanon, but noncanon endings in fighting games show canon character abilities.

4. Never assumed anything. Though glad we finally settled that nonsense of how ripping people in half is more impressive than lifting over 20 tons.

5. No, it is called on estimate based on what I saw, I could assume it is friggin 1,000 feet in the air, but I doubt it was so I have to make an estimation based on what I saw.

6. Even though Oro has the better feats? No one from MK has shown to be that strong. That was Ryu at the beginning of his training, and your question is irrelevant, my point is that Ryu is physically much stronger than Kang, which he is.

SmashBro
1. ...Dude you're like a friggin Mary-Go-Round. Yes, Gouki was not Shin, BUT, even in his base form he was stronger than anyone Kang has faced.

2. Yes there were. smile

3. Contradicted by other endings? Nope, in the other ones he self destructs. Storyline? Granted, it is noncanon, but noncanon endings in fighting games show canon character abilities.

4. Never assumed anything. Though glad we finally settled that nonsense of how ripping people in half is more impressive than lifting over 20 tons.

5. No, it is called on estimate based on what I saw, I could assume it is friggin 1,000 feet in the air, but I doubt it was so I have to make an estimation based on what I saw.

6. Even though Oro has the better feats? No one from MK has shown to be that strong. That was Ryu at the beginning of his training, and your question is irrelevant, my point is that Ryu is physically much stronger than Kang, which he is.

1. And if Ryu didn't beat him, then it's pointless.

2. No there weren't.

3. The ending is contradicted. I wish you stop denying it. Look at Sodom's ending. Cody's ending. Guile's ending (which happened). THEY CONTRADICT THAT ENDING.

4. You assumed that I was implying that MK>SF, when I didn't.

Actually, I'm glad we finally settled that nonsense of lifting 20 tons is more impressive than ripping someone's body in half.

5. There's no way you can tell how far he was from the video. The height was never stated and all you're doing is guessing.

6. At the same time, you're trying to make it seem like Ryu can beat him with one punch, despite the fact that he's never done anything AFTER that training. Ryu just being physically stronger doesn't mean anything as Liu Kang has beaten people physically stronger than himself. And even if Oro has better feats, that doesn't change the fact that Bo Rai Cho has more skills.

Perker Marwan
Ryu. Liu Kang is kinda out of shape.

Dark-Jaxx
1. And if Ryu didn't beat him, then it's pointless.

2. No there weren't.

3. The ending is contradicted. I wish you stop denying it. Look at Sodom's ending. Cody's ending. Guile's ending (which happened). THEY CONTRADICT THAT ENDING.

4. You assumed that I was implying that MK>SF, when I didn't.

Actually, I'm glad we finally settled that nonsense of lifting 20 tons is more impressive than ripping someone's body in half.

5. There's no way you can tell how far he was from the video. The height was never stated and all you're doing is guessing.

6. At the same time, you're trying to make it seem like Ryu can beat him with one punch, despite the fact that he's never done anything AFTER that training. Ryu just being physically stronger doesn't mean anything as Liu Kang has beaten people physically stronger than himself. And even if Oro has better feats, that doesn't change the fact that Bo Rai Cho has more skills. 1. Liu Kang has never even fought anyone as powerful as Gouki, let alone stalemated. smile

2. Yes there were. smile

3. Nope, he self destructed in those endings due to power overflow. smile

4. You did imply it. smile

It is more impressive than ripping a body in half. smile

5. It was an estimate, and yeah I can. smile

6. Liu Kang has never taken punches from anyone that strong. Liu Kang has never beaten someone as physically strong as Ryu. So we assume Bo Rai Cho is more skilled based on what? Nothing?

Icy Ninja
Liu Kang was knocked on his ass by Quan Chi's green skull hadouken blast, just imagine what Ryu's hadouken would do to Kang

SmashBro
1. Liu Kang has never even fought anyone as powerful as Gouki, let alone stalemated. smile

2. Yes there were. smile

3. Nope, he self destructed in those endings due to power overflow. smile

4. You did imply it. smile

It is more impressive than ripping a body in half. smile

5. It was an estimate, and yeah I can. smile

6. Liu Kang has never taken punches from anyone that strong. Liu Kang has never beaten someone as physically strong as Ryu. So we assume Bo Rai Cho is more skilled based on what? Nothing?

1. Goro is stronger than both of them.

2. No there weren't.

3. Nope. He didn't self-destruct. Look at the endings again.

4. No I didn't.

5. It was speculation.

6. Based on the fact that he's been training fighters for centuries and knows many different styles. And Ryu has never done anything after his training with Ryu so what you say is pure speculation. Ryu has never been shown to rip someone's body in half or blow some up with a hadouken.

Originally posted by Icy Ninja
Liu Kang was knocked on his ass by Quan Chi's green skull hadouken blast, just imagine what Ryu's hadouken would do to Kang

It won't do anything, since all Liu Kang's got to do is dodge it.

Originally posted by Perker Marwan
Ryu. Liu Kang is kinda out of shape.

That makes no sense. How is he out of shape?

Perker Marwan

2. No there weren't.

4. No I didn't.

5. It was speculation.

6. Based on the fact that he's been training fighters for centuries and knows many different styles. And Ryu has never done anything after his training with Ryu so what you say is pure speculation. Ryu has never been shown to rip someone's body in half or blow some up with a hadouken.

It won't do anything, since all Liu Kang's got to do is dodge it.

That makes no sense. How is he out of shape?

Check Mortal Kombat 3. Liu Kang looks pregnant. I am not sure he still got the speed to keep up with Ryu.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Perker Marwan
Check Mortal Kombat 3. Liu Kang looks pregnant. I am not sure he still got the speed to keep up with Ryu.

Oh I see, you're just throwing jokes.

Darkstorm Zero

#2: *snip*

4. *snip*

5. It was speculation.

#1: Err... not... Not considering Gouki's major feats are physical atttacks of such proportions that Goro could never hope to match.

#3: Yes, he did, In almost every instance where Bison was destroyed, it was due to his own power overloading him, for instance, Roses ending was his own power blowing him away, BUT, lets say for example, Ken's ending, or Sakura's, or Ryu's.. We see the strike landing on Bison, but in everyt single one, even in Akuma's ending, we see Bison swell from the inside, thats his Psycho power freeing itself from the mortal shell, hence the blue flames incinerating him.

#5: The Tenma Kuujin Kuyaku redirects the angle Gouki's body travels in the air, and can do it from quite a height.

#6: Name one person who has survived being hit with a Shinkuu Hadoukem or even a Shankunetsu Hadouken... Regular Hadoukens are survivable, but immolation ones? or big beams? Forget it...

SmashBro
#1: Err... not... Not considering Gouki's major feats are physical atttacks of such proportions that Goro could never hope to match.

#3: Yes, he did, In almost every instance where Bison was destroyed, it was due to his own power overloading him, for instance, Roses ending was his own power blowing him away, BUT, lets say for example, Ken's ending, or Sakura's, or Ryu's.. We see the strike landing on Bison, but in everyt single one, even in Akuma's ending, we see Bison swell from the inside, thats his Psycho power freeing itself from the mortal shell, hence the blue flames incinerating him.

#5: The Tenma Kuujin Kuyaku redirects the angle Gouki's body travels in the air, and can do it from quite a height.

#6: Name one person who has survived being hit with a Shinkuu Hadoukem or even a Shankunetsu Hadouken... Regular Hadoukens are survivable, but immolation ones? or big beams? Forget it...

1. Physical feats involving special techniques, that is.

3. Umm...in Akuma's ending, it Akuma himself who destroyed Bison, not the psycho power.

5. But still, the said height was never stated.

dvampire
I go with Ryu. He's fought tuffer fighters, and I think he's physically just on another level than Kang.

SmashBro
Originally posted by dvampire
I go with Ryu. He's fought tuffer fighters, and I think he's physically just on another level than Kang.

Tougher fighters like who?

Jayct
I'm a huge Ryu fan but I have to disagree with some of the arguments here :

"Lui Kang has never taken punches from someone who is a strong as Ryu"....I'm pretty sure Goro, Kintaro etc. will be able to lift the same builder Ryu lifted with ease.

"Lui Kang has never faught someone as powerful as Gouki"....erm, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn ? Tsung might not be able to sink an island or split that damn mountain everyone keeps babbling about , but these people are sorcerers and they consume souls for a living...different kind of power...

Having said all that, I think Ryu would beat Kang but with some difficulty.

Dark-Jaxx

2. No there weren't.

4. No I didn't.

5. It was speculation.

6. Based on the fact that he's been training fighters for centuries and knows many different styles. And Ryu has never done anything after his training with Ryu so what you say is pure speculation. Ryu has never been shown to rip someone's body in half or blow some up with a hadouken. 1. No he isn't. Not be feats anyway. Being big, tall, and muscular does not cut it.

2. Yes they were.

3. According to official sources he did.

4. Yes, you really did, hell, you are still doing it.

5. No, it is called an estimate you dumb prick.

6. Kay. So? Being trained by someone doesn't mean you are as skilled, and BRC has never really shown this exceptional skill you speak of. Ryu fought that half red half blue dude if memory serves me right(I honestly don't remember his name), who could control fire and ice and rain meteors. What I am saying is not pure friggin speculation. Ryu can lift over 20 tons and support it during training in CANON, and this was near the start of his training. So what? For some reason he can't use his clearly superior strength in a fight? Are you a friggin idiot? Don't bother answering that, I already know the answer. Ryu never break anyone in half or blow someone up with a Hadouken? You wanna know what the reason for that probably is? Maybe cause he doesn't KILL people? Ever thought of that? He has a strength feat that FAR surpasses ripping someone in half you ignorant dumbass, of course he could rip someone in half if he wanted to.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Physical feats involving special techniques, that is.

3. Umm...in Akuma's ending, it Akuma himself who destroyed Bison, not the psycho power.

5. But still, the said height was never stated. Goro has never even shown strength feats on par with Ryu's. Let alone Gouki's(lifting a submarine).

2. Different situation. Shun Goku no Satsu attacks the soul, sends it to hell, where it is tortured by demons.

3. No, but it can be estimated.

Smashbro, how old are you?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Jayct
I'm a huge Ryu fan but I have to disagree with some of the arguments here :

"Lui Kang has never taken punches from someone who is a strong as Ryu"....I'm pretty sure Goro, Kintaro etc. will be able to lift the same builder Ryu lifted with ease.

"Lui Kang has never faught someone as powerful as Gouki"....erm, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn ? Tsung might not be able to sink an island or split that damn mountain everyone keeps babbling about , but these people are sorcerers and they consume souls for a living...different kind of power...

Having said all that, I think Ryu would beat Kang but with some difficulty. 1. Not by feats. I can speculate Gouki can destroy the friggin planet with a punch, but I don't do it.

2. Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn have not one feat to rival Gouki's best. Gouki has soul attacks too you know.

Bat Dude
Ryu wins...

But Liu Kang would put up a decent fight...

It'd be a nice fight to see...

But Ryu would still kill Liu Kang...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>