Dante vs. Alucard (SoTN)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
This is Alucard from SoTN.

Who takes it?

Keollyn
Alucard has more useful innate abilities, but Dante might be the faster.

Mist will be something difficult for Dante to overcome. Alucard shield and soul steal should benefit Alucard in this fight. Don't know who the winner will be, but...

Oh wait, I forgot about Ally's familiars. Sword familiar should turn the tide in his favor.

Burning thought
I dont think Dante can win, if this is the Alucard that can come back from blood puddles

Raijin
No, that's the Alucard from Hellsing, not Castlevania. Dante speedblitzes.

Burning thought
oh okie fair enough

Eon Blue
My vote goes for Alucard.

Poisonous mist cloud FTW.

Raijin
Play Devil may cry 4 and see how poisonous gases/mist don't even affect him and in Devil may cry 1 he clearly demonstrates that he survive without oxygen while underwater.

Keollyn
But he's still susceptible to soul stealing.

Charlotte DeBel
Castlevania Alucard is a joke to Dante, and IceJaw is right- no soul suck (in fashion Alucard does) and no poisonous mist. Dante has enough showings of him not needing oxygen\air to survive- underwater adventures in DMC1, surviving inside Leviafan in DMC3 (travelling all the way from his stomach to his heart and then to his head) and more recent showing in DMC4.

Keollyn
And soul sucking isn't working why?

Charlotte DeBel
Well, Dante (even at the youngest ingame version) has shown to resist that for 15 minutes at least. That's damaging to his body, though, and after 15 minutes of NON-STOP sucking can kill him, but... from what I know of the "whip my ass vamp" Dante wins that easily at least 8\10.

As for Hellsing Alucard, him vs Dante is classic...hell, even Alucard's RT got spammed with that debate.

Burning thought
Soul sucking would likely knock him out imo also your not mentioning that the little Orb Dante holds in DMC 3 was also giving Dante tremendous power, enough even to keep his Devil trigger constantly going

its hard to judge power of a soul suck, just because Dante can survive the little orb does not nessecerily mean that he would survive Jedahs soul sucking, or Alucards for the matter.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Raijin
Play Devil may cry 4 and see how poisonous gases/mist don't even affect him and in Devil may cry 1 he clearly demonstrates that he survive without oxygen while underwater.

I have played it (been a while), but doesn't his health lower at a slow constant rate?

Burning thought
also Debel is debating this on the level of gameplay, the only way to know how long Dante lasts is if you just stand there in gameplay, which ofc is a little crooked in a debate since you cannot determine power of soul draining on Dante in canon if its gameplay.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Castlevania Alucard is a joke to Dante, and IceJaw is right- no soul suck (in fashion Alucard does) and no poisonous mist. Dante has enough showings of him not needing oxygen\air to survive- underwater adventures in DMC1, surviving inside Leviafan in DMC3 (travelling all the way from his stomach to his heart and then to his head) and more recent showing in DMC4.

How is he a joke to Dante? This is coming from a guy that has Dante in his avatar, so it's not hard to tell that you are biased.

IMO, if one soul steal doesn't work, the second will do the trick. I don't see how Dante will evade something like that without being seriously weakened. And how is Dante faster than Alucard? I have never known Dante to speedblitz and enemy, and neither have I seen impressive showings of his speed. He is just as fast as Alucard, IMO.

Burning thought
a girl who has Dante for her avatar smile

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Burning thought
a girl who has Dante for her avatar smile

Oops, lol.

Keollyn
Dante keels over in base form from his soul being sucked. Ally using soul steal will do the same thing. Repeated use would be deadly.

And again, he has his familiars that provide necessary cover or aid. And it isn't like Ally doesn't have his own hax in the form of a Castlevania version of the Captain America shield (which some nice bonuses).

Plus Ally can teleport, strike 35 times in a second, spam jump (Gravity boots), has his own time stop relic, and has equips that can weaken an opponent. This is far from a stomp. This is quite a battle here.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Keollyn
Dante keels over in base form from his soul being sucked. Ally using soul steal will do the same thing. Repeated use would be deadly.

And again, he has his familiars that provide necessary cover or aid. And it isn't like Ally doesn't have his own hax in the form of a Castlevania version of the Captain America shield (which some nice bonuses).

Plus Ally can teleport, strike 35 times in a second, spam jump (Gravity boots), has his own time stop relic, and has equips that can weaken an opponent. This is far from a stomp. This is quite a battle here.

Agreed.

Crissaegrim is quite the weapon.

Charlotte DeBel
So, what's your trump cards? Alucard (featwise) is even more of a joke than any of Belmonts.

"Familiars"? Two stupid imps, a bat and a fairy are non-combatants. Crisaegrim is more serious but it would be touched late.

Gravity Boots? So Alucard is going to jump around Dante like f*cking Easter Bunny- how "intimidating".

No speedblitzes? Then WTF is Stinger move, darling? Or Trickster style.

Soulsteal is the only way to do damage to Dante, but it's painful to him and not instant kill. Alucard has to stand still while performing that, and Dante can overcome pain and in those 15 minutes cut Alucard's head off.
Or even funnier...trick Alucard into performing Crisaegrim's Sword Brother's attack, then utilise Trickster's teleportation (Air Trick) to get behind Al and push Alucard towards his own attack.

Alucard is as "intimidating" in that fight as a protagonist of Legally Blonde movie (really, they're somewhat similiar).

Eon Blue
So, what's your trump cards? Alucard (featwise) is even more of a joke than any of Belmonts.

"Familiars"? Two stupid imps, a bat and a fairy are non-combatants. Crisaegrim is more serious but it would be touched late.

Gravity Boots? So Alucard is going to jump around Dante like f*cking Easter Bunny- how "intimidating".

No speedblitzes? Then WTF is Stinger move, darling? Or Trickster style.

Soulsteal is the only way to do damage to Dante, but it's painful to him and not instant kill. Alucard has to stand still while performing that, and Dante can overcome pain and in those 15 minutes cut Alucard's head off.
Or even funnier...trick Alucard into performing Crisaegrim's Sword Brother's attack, then utilise Trickster's teleportation (Air Trick) to get behind Al and push Alucard towards his own attack.

Alucard is as "intimidating" in that fight as a protagonist of Legally Blonde movie (really, they're somewhat similiar).

Let's not be stupid here.

The gravity boots can allow Alucard to dodge attacks from Dante, I doubt it's meant to be "indimidating". I didn't know the stinger, and trickster style constituited as "speedblitz" if that's the case then, Dante is not that fast as you claim he is. Why would the Crissaegrim be touched late? Are you making up your own rules for this battle?

And please, don't say things like "Dante can cut Alucard's head off", or "trick Alucard into perfoming Crissaegim's Sword Brother's attacks, then utilise trickster teleportation..etc.", because you are just creating mindless scenarios in which Dante would win. I can do the same, observe: Alucard turns into mist, when Alucard materalizes back and cuts him multiple times with the Crissaegrim while turning into mist again, and remateralizes and uses several soul steals which annihilate Dante See? It's utter idiocy.

And just for the record, it's not called "Crissaegrim's Sword Brothers". The Crissaegrim is an entirely different weapon, while the sword familiar is able to do the Sword Brothers attack.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, as for speed. First, movement speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHdLB6f5A8
Running on Max speed so the air starts burning around him due to friction. That's the natural speed of young Dante (though falling affects the result a bit, but simple free falls don't happen on reentry speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1kETIVweo
Alastor sword grants Dante the ability of "lightning speed", increasing his already impressive fighting speed even more- note that during combo shards look suspended in the air even though no time manipulation is used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NI81wyPSA
Supersonic flight capabilities (demonstrated by Nero Angelo here, but Dante in his Sparda form can pretty much duplicate the same stunt)

Now, to combat teleportation part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ht40zJW4Wk
Speedblitzes and surprises the avatar of despair with it (note than in gameplay Despair Embodied is faster than even devil triggered Dante, yet finally Dante wins via sort of teleporting "speedblitz"wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBeoaFeCUSA
Sanctus' sword swing is too slow for Dante, so in time it takes him to move his sword, Dante teleports\instanteousluy moves to safety, and doesn't forget to strap Rebellion (he's standing on Rebellion blade while talking to Sanctus, as the closest to flight he can come in human form is double jumps (and recently also hovering on the metal wings of the Lucifer weapon).

Now, to those who still thinks Kratos has speed advantage- a bit of reaction speed feats.
Famous blocking bullets with his very own shots:
Vs Nero
http://www.wegame.com/watch/DMC4_Nero_vs_Dante_Bloody_Palace/
Vs Lady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqhh8pFSsE

Deflects bullets with his sword (he and Vergil look like they're playing some weird kind of tennis with swords and bullets)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiwwJcb0q8

Riding the rocket from rocket launcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQoUuzlCms

Eon Blue

Soul steal.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Soul steal.

Which can't even kill strong enemies and which leaves Alucard standing still while casted.

Keollyn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2SGGHM0M1FA

I'm still not seeing how soul steal is being countered by Dante. And as I recall, you can do more than one soul steal.

And soul steal isn't the only thing Ally has. It's called "Alucard Shield"

TricksterPriest
Soul steal only insta kills weaklings. It does damage to bosses, and not even that much damage. The main trump card is that it heals. and as I recall, it drains a large amount of Alucard's mana.

Eon Blue
All things considered, this truly is a great battle.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Soul steal only insta kills weaklings. It does damage to bosses, and not even that much damage. The main trump card is that it heals. and as I recall, it drains a large amount of Alucard's mana.

That's what I was trying to explain. What's more, soul steal is just a cool name- you can use it on lamps in the castle etc. So it's more like vampiric steal of life energy to heal than true soul steal.

Keollyn
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Soul steal only insta kills weaklings. It does damage to bosses, and not even that much damage. The main trump card is that it heals. and as I recall, it drains a large amouAnd why is nt of Alucard's mana.

And what does this have to do with Dante showing no real resistance to soul steal?

As long as there is evidence that an opponent of Alucard has no great resistance to soul stealing, he can steal their soul. That's all there is to it.

Unless this excuse you're trying to pass has any real evidence, stop using it.

Eon Blue
That's what I was trying to explain. What's more, soul steal is just a cool name- you can use it on lamps in the castle etc. So it's more like vampiric steal of life energy to heal than true soul steal.

How the hell does life force pop up in the guise of green orbs when you smash objects? It must be part of their life force.

Arukado
Simply as this;
Alucard does ajump with Gravity Boots, and then while shocking in the roof, gains a super sound like speed, using an inverted jump with GB and the use Wing Smash to gain more speed, strike Dante, and with the same speed push Dante and inmediatly use Mist to trespass his body then materialize and do thousand cuts with Crissaegrim, then when falling, use the Double Backstab, then return to original position and inmediatly do the thousand punches of Fist of Tulkas, and at the same time with Crissaegrim, Dante will not have oportunity cuz alucard can do countles SW in the air instead MIST and after get air gain speed with WOLF and when Dante is dying-like in the floor Alucard does the last movement,

SOUL STEAL!

lordxalba
word "Draw" is suitable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.