Wolverine and the X-Men: TAS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury
Wolverine and the X-Men
The Newest Animated Series

From Newsarama Forums

Watch trailer: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=156095

mon ami gambit12

Raoul
hmm

Jury
eh? confused

mon ami gambit12

megaroguefan
Gambit is hot...

starlock
i get very good feelings about it smile

hugekent
Horrible rating system, it has to be said.

Raoul
Originally posted by Jury
eh? confused

mon ami gambit12

logan leading... ugh.

Genosha
Originally posted by Raoul
logan leading... ugh.

My thoughts exactly.

Raoul
Originally posted by Genosha
My thoughts exactly.

aye, its just marketing, nothing more... x-men evolution standard animation too...

Jury
Yeah... Evolution standard... But what makes interesting for me is that... they would feature more X-Men characters!

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
aye, its just marketing, nothing more... x-men evolution standard animation too...

my thoughts exactly.

jmc247
Genosha controlled by the HoM and Mystique there? I will watch it.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/snapshot20080512164317.jpg

Shadow_King
so what network is this cartoon gonna be on?

Genosha
Who's controlling me? But seriously, isn't Genosha a post-apocalyptic
wasteland?

Raoul
wasteland?

in the comics, yes.

Genosha
And, the timeline becomes even more muddled. Hooray!

Raoul
And, the timeline becomes even more muddled. Hooray!

yup...

Jury
Originally posted by Shadow_King
so what network is this cartoon gonna be on?
Nick toon I guess?

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
Nick toon I guess?

mon ami gambit12

guess i wont be seeing it anytime soon.

stormlover
why does wolverine lead. No offense to wolverine fans, but my gosh. he was the lead in the x-men films and even gets his own spin-off. I like his character, but this is too muchdown

Shadow_King
and why the title have to be wolverine and the x-men, why not just the x-men?? even if wolverine becomes the leader of the team, they should just call it the x-men

stormlover
and why the title have to be wolverine and the x-men, why not just the x-men?? even if wolverine becomes the leader of the team, they should just call it the x-men

i agree

Shadow_King
look at the avengers, they're a stacked team, yet everyone just calls them the avengers, but with the x-men they gotta like say wolverine and the x-men, that gotta show you how poor the x-men are, they gotta have wolverine in the title to sell it.

jmc247
wasteland?

It looks like in the first season of the animated series it will become so again.

Notice in the scene in the promo where Magneto gives Lorna his cape and helmet and sends her away that Genosha is being annihilated and burning to the ground at the same time. Genosha is being wiped out in this scene, but Magneto seems to be determined to stay there.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/snapshot20080512164557.jpg

Jury
guess i wont be seeing it anytime soon. Why so?

mon ami gambit12

Jury
and why the title have to be wolverine and the x-men, why not just the x-men?? even if wolverine becomes the leader of the team, they should just call it the x-men I agree... Or just make a subtitle to it...

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
Why so?

mon ami gambit12

dont have the channel

Jury
Subscribe to it, then..

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
i dont think i can subscribe to that channel

Jury
i dont think i can subscribe to that channel
Why so?

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
i think its an american cartoon network.

Jury
and there's no access in your area with that channel? where are you at?

mon ami gambit12

Shadow_King
Canada, and the satellite i have you cant get that channel.

Jury
I see... Well, just hope that the show could have DVD versions then.

mon ami gambit12

Kazenji
Looks good this new series a hybrid of evolution and the classic x men cartoon

and i agree they should just change it to X-men.

Ordained
for the life of me, i can't come up with a good enough reason as to why they would make wolverine the leader.

Kazenji
So professor X is Zordon for the X-men in this series.

Now And Forever
i hope to GOD that jean while be in the series...what channel is this to appear on?

wannabe
I sooo hope to GOD that Jean will NOT be in the series!!! She's ok, but everytime she is pictured in whatever media it all comes down to a big Phoenix storyline ... i'm tired of it.

mr.smiley
From the trailer,it looks like it's what the movie franchise should have been if the budget would have been bigger.

Pyron_Knight
There was none of that in X-Men Evolution.
Evolution will definitely be leagues better than this crap.

Battlehammer
lol doubtful

Pyron_Knight
Why? Oh, I forgot. It has Wolverine as the leader and in the title so naturally you'll think it's better....
As is, I doubt this show will have half the character development that took place in Evolution.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Why? Oh, I forgot. It has Wolverine as the leader and in the title so naturally you'll think it's better....
As is, I doubt this show will have half the character development that took place in Evolution.
No I could care less if Logan was leader or not. I think were gunna see a lot of action and some crazy fights compared to other x-men shows and it has the potential to be greater then evolution. To right if off so easly is foolishness.

srankmissingnin

Well... it IS hard to have half of zero, after. stick out tongue

Pyron_Knight
Ih....Practically every episode dealt with character development be it Rogue's and Kurt's relation with Mystique, X-23's coming to terms with her issues, Xavier dealing with Legion...shit Boom-Boom got character development with her father.
Even the bad guys got it with Gambit's ep about his life with the Thief Guild and his father and of course learning about Colossus' reasons for being with Magneto and of course who can forget Lance having feelings for Kitty and that gives us some good episodes.
And as much as I didn't like him we also got to see Spyke's development in a few eps.

Denying character development in Evolution is like saying Rogue doesn't have purple lipstick or that Professor Xavier isn't in a wheelchair...it just ignores facts.

Devil King
logan leading... ugh.

I feel the same way about Wolverine. I thought the appearance of the Hulk was a nice touch since we have the pages of that comic to thank for the endless and mindless relegation of each and every other X-character to the passenger seat of storylines and mythology. However, I really liked the look of the series. I am very much in favor of reinterpreting the mythology in a much more coherent manner and it looks like that's what is happening. I'll admit when I first heard about this series I was 100% put off by the title. I assumed it was just another vehice for the character of Wolverine and an appeasment of his fan base at the expense of other X-fans. But it looks like it's going to be really good. I just hope at some point Magneto's antagonist past is explored. Also, where is Jean? I've never really been a big fan of the Scott/Emma love affair.

Raoul
Originally posted by Devil King
I feel the same way about Wolverine. I thought the appearance of the Hulk was a nice touch since we have the pages of that comic to thank for the endless and mindless relegation of each and every other X-character to the passenger seat of storylines and mythology. However, I really liked the look of the series. I am very much in favor of reinterpreting the mythology in a much more coherent manner and it looks like that's what is happening. I'll admit when I first heard about this series I was 100% put off by the title. I assumed it was just another vehice for the character of Wolverine and an appeasment of his fan base at the expense of other X-fans. But it looks like it's going to be really good. I just hope at some point Magneto's antagonist past is explored. Also, where is Jean? I've never really been a big fan of the Scott/Emma love affair.

if its on, i'll watch it, but from the trailer so far, i'm not too optimistic... i still think the original TAS in the 90s set the standard for x-men cartoons...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I think were gunna see a lot of action and some crazy fights compared to other x-men shows .

So your saying the action will be better then the X-men 90's ?

as for the wolverine side of things, I'm a fan of him and all but he's just getting far too much attention.

Now And Forever
I love how my question was ignored earlier...AGAIN what channel in the u.s is this to appear on?

Jury
Originally posted by Now And Forever
I love how my question was ignored earlier...AGAIN what channel in the u.s is this to appear on?
I'm not actually sure which channel it will be aired... since I'm here in the Philippines, we do have different channels... But if you have read the Newsorama link it does mention:

Nicktoons.

mon ami gambit12

wannabe
Originally posted by wannabe
I sooo hope to GOD that Jean will NOT be in the series!!! She's ok, but everytime she is pictured in whatever media it all comes down to a big Phoenix storyline ... i'm tired of it.
There was none of that in X-Men Evolution.
Yeah, but only because this series didn't get as much seasons as it was originally planned. In the last episode you could see, that the Phoenix would have been theme. Also there were several events in different episodes, that already hinted the Phoenix' coming.

magnetman130xl
im a huge wolverine fan but wolverine as good as i know him is a horrible team leader hands down

Shadow_King
Originally posted by magnetman130xl
im a huge wolverine fan but wolverine as good as i know him is a horrible team leader hands down

so i take it you dont like how he is leading x-force then. So is this cartoon show out??

freek
Apparently not. It was meant to premiere on CBBC on the 2nd but didn't. There was an empty time slot on the 9th but that has since been filled by some other show.
According to someone who's been in communication with the BBC on another forum, all they're willing to say with any certainty is that it will air sometime in August.

hunter_blake05
its good that theres a new character like dust, vertigo and spiral. but i think it would be best if they make a x-men evolution the movie...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by hunter_blake05
its good that theres a new character like dust, vertigo and spiral. but i think it would be best if they make a x-men evolution the movie...
They're not really new. erm

As for that last part, um.. no. Please no.

Ordained
i agree Ridley laughing out loud

freek
couple of flyers courtesy of:
http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=11

megaroguefan
i don't understand rogue isn't with the brotherhood but neither with the x-men in the images.why?

Almighty Bauer
I looked at the title and voted 0-4. Oh dear...

freek
Originally posted by megaroguefan
i don't understand rogue isn't with the brotherhood but neither with the x-men in the images.why?

probably because her allegiance is going to remain ambiguous, or serve as some sort of plot point.

also, this show may well now premiere in Canada in september instead of in the UK in august

roleplay
I don't think Logan is a horrible leader. But regardless it isn't fair to hate on the show just because Wolverine has more spot light. Logan was a teacher in X-Men Evolution, and how did that cartoon turn out ? In the regular series Logan had many episodes that were dedicated to him, and did that show flop too ?

Christ, the trailer showed the Hulk ! Let's give it a chance before we start dismissing it as garbage.

rianna_d
So far, I'm liking this new show. Last friday the episode (which would be the fifth) premiered Gambit!

CLik to watch some screen captures

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/668/watxmua9.th.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/668/watxmua9.jpg

And today the episode was about Wolverine, the Hulk and Nick Fury.

Dataflux
Feh, no thank you. I'm tired of this focus on Wolverine myself.

I like him, but this is a bit much.

Darth Vicious
I watched the first 3 episodes (Demonoid rulz!). It doesnt have TAS feel but it aint bad. Emma Frost is reason enough for me to watch it. It sucks that Wolverine's the leader. HAving Cyclops as just a team member seems wrong. Hopefully that'll change down the line.

rox

sorry but phoenix is the whole reason everything happens in this animated series. it was phoenix who caused that explosion in the trailer. also the first episode was leaked to youtube.com and here is the third.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsTebieHNG8

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by rox
sorry but phoenix is the whole reason everything happens in this animated series. it was phoenix who caused that explosion in the trailer. also the first episode was leaked to youtube.com and here is the third.

Where u got that info about Phoenix?

Xplosive
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I watched the first 3 episodes (Demonoid rulz!). It doesnt have TAS feel but it aint bad. Emma Frost is reason enough for me to watch it. It sucks that Wolverine's the leader. HAving Cyclops as just a team member seems wrong. Hopefully that'll change down the line.

Exactly. It doesn't have the TAS feel, but it's good for now.
X-Men: TAS was just an extraordinary cartoon series. Gigantic storyilnes, excellent atmosphere, it was an amazing show.
I hope this one will at least little live up to it.

Xplosive
Originally posted by rox

If that is true, you could at least give it as a spoiler. Now, the expectation to found out who did it is ruined.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Xplosive
If that is true, you could at least give it as a spoiler. Now, the expectation to found out who did it is ruined.

Here's some serious spoilers: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3814&KW=Apocalypse&PID=85799#85799

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Here's some serious spoilers: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3814&KW=Apocalypse&PID=85799#85799

While I didnt read the whole thing, I saw "AoA" as a possible for the 2nd season. That being one of my favorite storylines ever, im sold!

rox
While I didnt read the whole thing, I saw "AoA" as a possible for the 2nd season. That being one of my favorite storylines ever, im sold!

waring possible spoiler. don't read if u don't want to know

the second season will focus on the AOA. and they find out that the hellfire club was resposible for phoenix's outburst at the mansion and for destroying genosha

Davehead
Okay. I saw a bit of this cartoon last Saturday while visiting someone, and I've gotta ask: since when is Wolverine six feet tall? He's bigger than Beast! I thought he was 5'3"...

jdea
Originally posted by Davehead
Okay. I saw a bit of this cartoon last Saturday while visiting someone, and I've gotta ask: since when is Wolverine six feet tall? He's bigger than Beast! I thought he was 5'3"...

I knew it, it was only a matter of time before they based him on Hugh Jackman, I hate that, I always loved that they actually made him look short in X1, but hated the fact that they disregarded his shortness (and Storm's accent) in the following films

Shalimar_fox
What an tall wolvie.Yuck. Oh well atleast gambit still kinda looks the same from the 90's cartoon

Wei Phoenix
I would watch this everyday if Emma could be more like Comic Book Emma. Also the activities that I would be doing while watching it would be very different...and dirty...

jdea
I've watched the first 5 eps and I'm not sure how comic Emma acts, but she seems manipulattive and sneaky, yet there are moments when you sympathize with her (sort of like Edie Britt from Depserate Housewives, mixed with Gabrielle)

and I'm mad at the fact that Wolverine is so tall, and is does anyone know if he's blue-eyed in the comics?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jdea
I've watched the first 5 eps and I'm not sure how comic Emma acts, but she seems manipulattive and sneaky, yet there are moments when you sympathize with her (sort of like Edie Britt from Depserate Housewives, mixed with Gabrielle)

and I'm mad at the fact that Wolverine is so tall, and is does anyone know if he's blue-eyed in the comics?

Hmm...

In X-Force he has brown eyes under Clayton Crain and blue under Cho.

In First Class he has brown eyes.

Right now in Wolverine, McNiven's Wolverine's eyes are a really washed out grey that could be a blue, green or brown.

In Origins Wolverine had brown eyes under Dillion but blue with Deodato (but Deodato's Wolverine appeared to have brown eyes in roar).

Dodson and Land both seem to have him with brown eyes in Uncanny, but there hasn't been a close up of his face where his eyes weren't blocked out by a hat, so its hard to say.

In Astonishing, Bianchi has him with brown or a pale green... hard to say. Cassady's Wolverine HAD brown eyes until around issue 8 or 9, then they became blue.

So usually brown, the way it should be. A tough guy with blue eyes? Ha! Good one. big grin

Davehead
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man. To be the sad man. Behind blue eyes.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I would watch this everyday if Emma could be more like Comic Book Emma. Also the activities that I would be doing while watching it would be very different...and dirty...

Im up to episode 5 as well and she does seem a lot like in the comic book. Shes my favorite character in the show.

Wei Phoenix
Im up to episode 5 as well and she does seem a lot like in the comic book. Shes my favorite character in the show.

Yay! Now I can enjoy my sad pathetic life even more! I'll give it a shot.

Ordained
what are you guys watching it on. for some reason, i can't get it on veoh anymore.

Davehead
I saw it on TV. I'm in Canada.awesus

The Great Galen
Its a good series, better then evolution and it seems to be hitting the old vibe the 90 series. I hope it becomes a long runnning series.

wannabe
I second that. The show's Emma is pretty close to that of the comics - beautiful, confident, adroit and a little wicked - absolutely fabulous!!!

jalek moye
does anybody no where the other episodes are online. i've only been able to fight 2

wannabe
Originally posted by jalek moye
does anybody no where the other episodes are online. i've only been able to fight 2
I actually happened to stumble across them the moment they have been uploaded on youtube ... vanished pretty soon afterwards due to marvel rights bla bla bla... sad

Darth Vicious

Torrent sites. I know theres a new english episode posted on Demonid every week. They have the full season in spanish but I cant stand spanish cartoons. Episode 7(I believe) its against the Hulk. I tried watching it in spanish but couldnt.

Wei Phoenix
I second that. The show's Emma is pretty close to that of the comics - beautiful, confident, adroit and a little wicked - absolutely fabulous!!!

Well I'll watch it now. God I have a serious unhealthy obsession with Emma.

wannabe
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
God I have a serious unhealthy obsession with Emma.
You're not alone with that, man! wink

Darth Vicious
Add me to that too! big grin

Wei Phoenix

Add me to that too! big grin

Should we get help or what? Are we fine the way we are?

jalek moye
http://join.indecisive.de/emma/left.png

Darth Vicious

Thats the help I was looking for. Thanks!

Wei Phoenix

Do you enjoy taunting people? Do you go and wave bottles of alcohol in the face of recovering drunks?! Hell that outfit brings back memories. Someone cosplayed her at the AWA. Emma is my mistress and I must obey her.

jalek moye
http://api.ning.com/files/0jh15v-1oQDI7GKByndhBds4hVKXPg7pu*9WDIk-27g_/02EmmaFrost2.jpg

yes i do wave alcohol in front of drunks

Wei Phoenix
http://api.ning.com/files/0jh15v-1oQDI7GKByndhBds4hVKXPg7pu*9WDIk-27g_/02EmmaFrost2.jpg

yes i do wave alcohol in front of drunks

WTF man!!!!? Reported for Super Dickery!

*sits in a corner and cradles self while waiting for Jalek's banishment.*

jalek moye
you know you like me posting them, hell you watch the show just to wank it

Wei Phoenix
That was one time! I was alone and it was valentine's day!

On a side note, tears make great lubricant when you're handling things yourself.

jalek moye
i bet they do

wannabe
Though i have to admit that Emma is absolutely gorgeous (imo only surpassed by Mystique (i'm pretty xenophile)), my obsession with her is not a sexual one (i'm not into women). I think she's the character with the best and most interesting combination of character traits, physically and mentally. I simply never tire to watch and "listen" to her - NEVER!!!
smile

Wei Phoenix
well I'm obsessed with everything, but the one thing that stands out the most is her personality she has such a dominating aura. She demands obedience and I must oblige. I deserve to be mind raped for not loving her enough.

jalek moye
i have a a feelign i know what he was doing last night

Davehead
i have a a feelign i know what he was doing last night
Fun-having? confused

Wei Phoenix
Well I would tell you guys but I don't know if you're comfortable with such graphic detail. Oh god it can only be described as deeply and horribly pornographic.

The Great Galen
Emma is great, but I don't wank to fictional characters anymore. Sure it was standard practice back in my early teen years when porn wasn't as avaible...but now its kind of pointletss. Once again though, the show is great big grin

jalek moye
yea i like the show even though ive only seen two episodes

and yea i use to wank to fictional ones alot, now its kind of half and half. somtimes she hulk just gets it going faster stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
I think we all used to tug our lug to fictional characters. Also I know how you feel about She-Hulk. Those extra muscles down there can really get a grip on you.

The Great Galen
yea i like the show even though ive only seen two episodes

and yea i use to wank to fictional ones alot, now its kind of half and half. somtimes she hulk just gets it going faster stick out tongue

On the rare occasion when im sometimes reading my comics when my roomies are gone, ill admit the supergil/powergirl/wonder woman shots are tempting. Even those emma pics from a couple pages ago are extremly tempting. Oh hey today is the hulk episode...now this is gonna be badass.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Great Galen
On the rare occasion when im sometimes reading my comics when my roomies are gone, ill admit the supergil/powergirl/wonder woman shots are tempting. Even those emma pics from a couple pages ago are extremly tempting. Oh hey today is the hulk episode...now this is gonna be badass.

Nice transition. You almost succumbed to a very guilty pleasure.

The Great Galen
Such pleasures are beneath me now, besides although I love the new series i just hate tom gree forge...so usually im not in the mood.

srankmissingnin
I love how they can't show Wolverine using his claws or healing factor. All he can do is cut through guns / swords and other than that you hear some sounds and the rest happens off panel. I guess as a result we get a better display of speed / agility / skill then we are used to... oh and strength as well (he stopped a charging Wendigo lol)

Anyway... it was seriously about time we got a Wolverine centric episode and Fury's character design sucks though, he isn't the least bit intimidating.

hugekent
Can the episodes be found on any sites?

veoh DOT com

The Great Galen
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I love how they can't show Wolverine using his claws or healing factor. All he can do is cut through guns / swords and other than that you hear some sounds and the rest happens off panel. I guess as a result we get a better display of speed / agility / skill then we are used to... oh and strength as well (he stopped a charging Wendigo lol)

Anyway... it was seriously about time we got a Wolverine centric episode and Fury's character design sucks though, he isn't the least bit intimidating.

I appreciate the attempt of staying true to the original arc but you're right...and Hulk being ko'ed by a grenade lol. I understand that this series wont show dismembered limbs or logans healign after his insides are pulled out...but if they can deliver on his MA display and give some trully excellt fight scenes the it should be okay.

Markus Corvinus
Can someone tell me when this series is set to begin? I'm totally clueless as I haven't been able to keep up with any news with this.

The Great Galen
The show started a month ago, I believe it's on episode 7. There will be 14-16 episodes in the first season and the 7th episode is airing today.

srankmissingnin
Its on in Canada on YTV and I think it is airing in the UK also; its not currently airing in the States though.

The Great Galen
Wow shitty, glad Im in Canada it airs every Sat around 8.

Markus Corvinus
When will it air in the States?

srankmissingnin
Sometime in '09 on Nickelodeon.

Markus Corvinus
Not that long, I guess. I hope it's as good as the '90's series.

The Great Galen
Look there are some minor shortcomings such as it being to heavily influenced from the films. Aside from that i'd easily say it has the potential to match the classic 90's iteration....so finally a worth X-men animated series.

dgeniu
Well..from what I`ve seen so far, it looks like the series is building momentum as it goes along! Let`s not overlook the fact that the Prowlers are resemble the spider-slayers, Hulk already made an appearance and so has Maverick...

Sure, Logan in charge may be a bit of a stretch, but plot-wise it`s an interesting one, if you take into consideration the fact that he is still wanted by Weapon X guys and occasionally by SHIELD...and now he`s gotta take on the Prof`s responsibilities too! I think it`s worth seeing a guy like him cope with such a new and unexpected challenge!..worth it..and occasionally funny!

Battlehammer
Logan being in charge is not a stretch.......he led x-men teams before and currently leads a team.

Silent Guardian
Logan being in charge is not a stretch.......he led x-men teams before and currently leads a team.

thats different. Watch the show you will understand. I have already seen up to episode 12. I wont spoil anything. Its not bad, but I have some complaints about Logan and a few other characters who make guest appearances. I feel professor Xavier, Wolverine and cyclops(not as much as the other 2 but in some regards) are out of character. Still the show can be enjoyable. Most of my issues are with Wolverine though, Cyclops is okay I enjoy his scenes the most.

Its ironic, because I use to be a big wolverine fan, I still am, but lately I have grown fond of other characters

The Great Galen
Logan is really annoying in this series...the wanking has reached new levels of insanity. Every seems alright but are slighlty out of character....this isn't scott though since when is he ever not a team player.

Bad Ash231
Every seems alright but are slighlty out of character....this isn't scott though since when is he ever not a team player.

He has been mourning over Jean's "death".

The Great Galen
Still it doesn't feel like, and since when is Logan the ****ing hardess and athoriety figure lol....wonky out of character momments.

Silent Guardian
Logan is really annoying in this series...the wanking has reached new levels of insanity. Every seems alright but are slighlty out of character....this isn't scott though since when is he ever not a team player.

exactly

Raoul
i originally told myself i wouldn't watch this show, as i didn't want to put myself through the agony of it...

well, i just sat through the first 5 episodes, and to be honest, i wasted my time.

they only give colossus a cameo, and not make him a regular? thats the third cartoon in a row, nice one...

ermm

as for cyclops... just, ugh. jean blowing logan a kiss while scott apologises? shite. cyclops not being with emma, and her flat out dissing him? shite. him being on the team and taking orders from logan? bollocks.

they don't even let him fly the damn plane.

thx marvel, for yet another x-men adaptation where you wank logan at everyone elses expense...

Kazenji
From the looks of things going by peoples posts the 90's one still rules.

Ridley_Prime
i originally told myself i wouldn't watch this show, as i didn't want to put myself through the agony of it...

well, i just sat through the first 5 episodes, and to be honest, i wasted my time.

they only give colossus a cameo, and not make him a regular? thats the third cartoon in a row, nice one...

ermm

as for cyclops... just, ugh. jean blowing logan a kiss while scott apologises? shite. cyclops not being with emma, and her flat out dissing him? shite. him being on the team and taking orders from logan? bollocks.

they don't even let him fly the damn plane.

thx marvel, for yet another x-men adaptation where you wank logan at everyone elses expense...
Really? Wow..

I guess it's official. I'll only watch this show if Apocalypse is a main villain or somethin' in the 2nd season like he's rumored to be (if I recall correctly). Otherwise, no thanks.

Originally posted by Kazenji
From the looks of things going by peoples posts the 90's one still rules.
Evolution tops it as well in my book, though not by much.

srankmissingnin
Have any of you watched the series? Only one or two of the episodes so far have focused on Logan... and he is yet to beat anyone significant in a fight. Scott isn't charge because he is a moby asshat... but its not like they are making Wolverine some uber leader... I mean... the X-Men have only gone on two or three "missions" since the series started, and neither of them were sterling preformances. Storm and Nightcrawler have gotten more "wanking" than Logan so far...

Battlehammer
Wierd Logans actaully an awosome leader in the comics

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Have any of you watched the series? Only one or two of the episodes so far have focused on Logan... and he is yet to beat anyone significant in a fight. Scott isn't charge because he is a moby asshat... but its not like they are making Wolverine some uber leader... I mean... the X-Men have only gone on two or three "missions" since the series started, and neither of them were sterling preformances. Storm and Nightcrawler have gotten more "wanking" than Logan so far...
Well, I admit the Nightcrawler part is kind of a plus, but otherwise, the first few episodes give me a "meh" vibe from what I've heard. Was going to watch them when I had more time, but now, I'm not so sure anymore. sad I suppose I might as well though if I'm gonna see the 2nd season with Apoc in it erm (assuming that's true)..

And I'm sick of Scott being what you described there, which is why I pretty much agree with Raoul as of now. erm Basically have mixed feelings on this series. It's weird..

Wierd Logans actaully an awosome leader in the comics
That, I can agree on. stick out tongue

Battlehammer

StiltmanFTW
I think it's a pretty decent show.

Battlehammer
Never seen it lol

StiltmanFTW
I've seen twelve episodes so far happy

Battlehammer
lol

apocalyptic
i wasnt really fond of the first 3 episodes but they do get better, out of the first 12 i have seen, the best ones so far are time bomb, future x and excessive force. My only issue is that there is not many good battle scenes, and the good battles that do happen they dont show it i.e. when xavier and shadow king fought in episode overflow or when in episode excessive force when they mention of a battle between the x-men and sinsiter and his maruders but they didnt show and apprently they are so scared yet they defeated the maruders and sinister escaped dont know y, wud love to have seen a fight with him and x-men, anyway the last few episode are good as well seen them in spanish send me a message ifu want the link, as good as it was could of been better lol no pleasing me.

Originally posted by apocalyptic
i wasnt really fond of the first 3 episodes but they do get better, out of the first 12 i have seen, the best ones so far are time bomb, future x and excessive force. My only issue is that there is not many good battle scenes, and the good battles that do happen they dont show it i.e. when xavier and shadow king fought in episode overflow or when in episode excessive force when they mention of a battle between the x-men and sinsiter and his maruders but they didnt show and apprently they are so scared yet they defeated the maruders and sinister escaped dont know y, wud love to have seen a fight with him and x-men, anyway the last few episode are good as well seen them in spanish send me a message ifu want the link, as good as it was could of been better lol no pleasing me.

I agree. However, the show is for children - which is why the violence is kept minimal. I would love to see Wolverine use his claws on something other than robots.

Raoul

Battlehammer
do you really want us to get into this?

and by adaptation i meant the 3 movies, not evolution...
gett into what? Logan is a good leader, scot him self has said this. I mean it a fact, and to be honest if I was scot and I was going to leave for a bit I leave wolverine incharge.

I figure as much, but see you blame marvel who have no controll over the x-men films.

Raoul
gett into what? Logan is a good leader, scot him self has said this. I mean it a fact, and to be honest if I was scot and I was going to leave for a bit I leave wolverine incharge.

I figure as much, but see you blame marvel who have no controll over the x-men films.

avi arad was involved. he's marvel. marvel allowed fox more freedom than they should have.

and i never said logan wasn't a good leader, but having two leaders on one team is dumb, so either scott was being a crap leader at the time, or logan was being offered his own team.

the prof would have to be an absolute plank to try and make scott and logan co-leaders of a team...

Battlehammer
avi arad was involved. he's marvel. marvel allowed fox more freedom than they should have.
yea, but wasent he geting payed seperatly. I don't think marvel is making or even help making this movie side from franceless guys. I think marvel sold the entire then to Fox years ago.

and i never said logan wasn't a good leader, but having two leaders on one team is dumb, so either scott was being a crap leader at the time, or logan was being offered his own team.

the prof would have to be an absolute plank to try and make scott and logan co-leaders of a team...
It was stated I can find the issue for you. Though I think prof x wanted him to guide him, becauses the the time he was young and not completely there. More of an advisor type deal, to bad that clearly did not work lol.

having scot job currently must such. leading a team one thing, being a headmaster and having to know were all the times are and going must be nerve racking.

Raoul
yea, but wasent he geting payed seperatly. I don't think marvel is making or even help making this movie side from franceless guys. I think marvel sold the entire then to Fox years ago.

is that not still marvel's fault, though, for selling one of their biggest properties to fox?

well that's understandable, you should have just said that lol...

scott started when he was what, 16? the odd bit of help wouldn't have hurt...

true, but if anyone can handle it, i think he can...

Battlehammer
is that not still marvel's fault, though, for selling one of their biggest properties to fox?
They needed the money and at the time there was no movies being done. It was like free money for something they were no planing to do fot a long while.

well that's understandable, you should have just said that lol...

scott started when he was what, 16? the odd bit of help wouldn't have hurt...
yea, but then when you saw the psot you would get the "Oh god dammit " moment.

Logan tends to be there when other are still green. Hell he was there when capt was a rook lol.

True, but if anyone can handle it, i think he can...

I could see it. Me I take the Night Crawler approach, pwn it off.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>