Is Inuyasha's sword too big?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
I find kinda annoying how Inuyasha's sword, the tetsaiga, (or however you spell it) is so big, while sessomaru's is awesome and perfect sized. What is up with that?

psycho gundam
the tetsusaiga was constructed from the fang of his father, a giant dog demon.(maybe two hundred feet tall). inuyasha first felt it was too heavy but his determination and super-strength made him get used to it.(it probably weighs like 400 pounds, by the looks of it)

skywalker833
Lol. I know, I read the manga. It is just kinda annoying how his sword is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... (three days later)...
Huge!

psycho gundam
he can wield it so it is not too big for him.

Kento
A sword can never be to big.

skywalker833
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he can wield it so it is not too big for him.
I'm not saying he can't wield it, I am saying it is odd how big it is.
man, you really are psycho.

psycho gundam
your making an opinion and asking others if it is mutual, i simply think the sword IS big but inuyasha likes it that way, in fact he hates it when it is small.

inuyasha has super strength and a cocky attitude so the sword is just right.

skywalker833
omg, I'm not asking Inuyasha's opinion, I'm asking yours!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by skywalker833
omg, I'm not asking Inuyasha's opinion, I'm asking yours! ok, your origional question was "whats up with that?"
then i said why it is big. if you want to know if i personally think it is too big, i have to say NO because it is a giant's tooth for christ sake
and inuyasha has to slay demons with it after all.

it is based off of a zanbato, the legendary horse-killing swords, it has to be huge.

skywalker833
Obviously, you don't understand what I mean. I've tried explaining it to you many times, but you don't seem to get it.

psycho gundam
lol i don't think you understand my answer too well.

totosai made them both, inuyasha's happens to be bigger, the tetsusaiga is for slaying and the tensaiga is used for reviving, what more do you want?

skywalker833
The correct spelling for tetsaiga... big grin

psycho gundam
"tet *SU*saiga" the SU is silent

skywalker833
hmmm, interesting. Well, I'm out of comebacks! stick out tongue

Black Adam
Originally posted by Kento
A sword can never be to big.

http://buuzen.deviantart.com/art/8-SWORDS-PH-special-56798062

leonheartmm
inuyasha's swords is AWESOME! i love how it looks and how big it is. i actually like a lot of big swords. like cloud strife's buster sword and sephiroth's masamune. also, joutendouji's sword/club from shadow hearts convenant. ofcourse no human can even LIFT such large swords {really if you trained with swords, youd know just how heavy even an average sized katana really is} but if i CUD, id definately go for inuyasha's.

psycho gundam
yeah berserk, that guy from kenshin, bankotsu, balgas from escaflowne etc. all those guys have humongo swords.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.