Catholic Aliens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080513/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_aliens

Read your Orange Catholic Bible you Dune fans. stick out tongue

Da Pittman
I like it big grin

Devil King
You mean the Great Whore used a word like "developed" to describe life? Odd. But, it's little more than a reaffirmation of intelligent design, except it kind of implies that the designer left his creation to it's own devices. So, it's actually an affirmation of all three theories: ID, creationism and evolution.

Symmetric Chaos
Was this ever actually an issue?

DigiMark007
I like that they're trying to cover their theological tracks before we find aliens, since a race as advanced, sentient, and potentially altruistic as ours, would kinda blow the "Jesus as savior of the UNIVERSE" theory out of the water.

So no, aliens don't preclude a belief in God. They would, however, put our tiny planet and its mythologies into sharp perspective.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I like that they're trying to cover their theological tracks before we find aliens, since a race as advanced, sentient, and potentially altruistic as ours, would kinda blow the "Jesus as savior of the UNIVERSE" theory out of the water.

What happens if we meet Aliens and they talk about how Jesus came and saved their souls?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What happens if we meet Aliens and they talk about how Jesus came and saved their souls?
I would suspect a trick, or they have been watching our TV for far too long. laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would suspect a trick, or they have been watching our TV for far too long. laughing

Oh you cynical, paranoid Buddhists wink

DigiMark007

Then I'd raise my hand up and say "Awesome prank, dude!" If he high-fived me, it would be true. If not, I'd kinda hang my head in shame, then walk off somewhere and masturbate because I'd be sad.

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Oh you cynical, paranoid Buddhists wink big grin

Da Pittman
It would screw things up though if we found them and they should us that they created us and we screwed up their experiment and they just left us alone to blow our self to kingdom come. big grin

WrathfulDwarf

So no, aliens don't preclude a belief in God. They would, however, put our tiny planet and its mythologies into sharp perspective.

I think is more of a "expand" rather than "cover" but first things first....we need the aliens to come visit us.

Devil King
Was this ever actually an issue?

That depends on which issues you're addressing.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Devil King
That depends on which issues you're addressing.

The question of Catholics being allowed to believe in aliens.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Well, it depends...just because Jesus died on Earth doesn't mean he only died for the people of Earth...he died in Israel and didn't just save the Israelites...

The question of Catholics being allowed to believe in aliens.

Catholics were never not allowed to believe in aliens...this is just clarification that its not against the faith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.