superman vs silver surfer race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
this is a race between superman and silver surfer.

the race starts in our solar sytem and the finish line is in another galaxy where the star trek ship is. and that ship if i remember correctly is light years far out away into the universe.

the race takes place out in space cause if they did it on earth they would kill everyone with there speed.

so who wins here ?

psycho gundam
surfer wins every time because that is what he was designed to do, find and get to places as soon as possible.

WrathfulDwarf
This is not going to end good.....ermm

Astner
Unless it's pre-crisis Superman, he's left in the dust.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Astner
Unless it's pre-crisis Superman, he's left in the dust. ok il make it PC superman.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This is not going to end good.....ermm so who did u vote for ?

Astner
Originally posted by spidey-dude
ok il make it PC superman.
Then I voted for the wrong character.

tkitna
Surfer

janus77
the distances are too short, you won't even be able to tell that Surfer' gone there and come back because he's so fast.

make it a race across the universe and then it might take Surfer a second or two to get to the finish line.

oh and yeah, Superman doesn't stand a chance. this is basically spite.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by janus77
the distances are too short, you won't even be able to tell that Surfer' gone there and come back because he's so fast.

make it a race across the universe and then it might take Surfer a second or two to get to the finish line.

oh and yeah, Superman doesn't stand a chance. this is basically spite. theres no end to the universe dude. i made the finish line in another galaxy light years away outside this universe where that star trek ship is.

janus77
there is an end to the comic universe, or else you wouldn't be able to have creatures like The Beyonder big grin.

and as far as I understood your initial post, it was from our solar system out to some galaxy far away... just assumed it was a few galaxies/quadrants and not another universe.

psycho gundam
there is and end to the universe, there just isn't an end to space.

Soljer
The race depends on the distances. Short distance, I think that Superman'd win, because I feel that he has faster reactions and would thus get off the starting line quicker.

The Surfer has a much, much, much much higher top speed, though, and would very quickly overtake Superman.

However, since the original poster changed this to Pre-CoiE Superman...well...

He went fast enough to bust into heaven. There aren't many speed feats that can compete with that. erm.

spidey-dude
there is an end to the comic universe, or else you wouldn't be able to have creatures like The Beyonder big grin.

and as far as I understood your initial post, it was from our solar system out to some galaxy far away... just assumed it was a few galaxies/quadrants and not another universe. the race starts in our solar system and ends in another galaxy outside our universe where no one has gone before exept for start trek ship and every sec that ship flys its going light speed so who knows how far out that thing is now.

quanchi112
Again normal Superman the Surfer takes this.

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Soljer

He went fast enough to bust into heaven. There aren't many speed feats that can compete with that. erm.
PC Superman was faster than PC Flash to boot, and he's crossed the known universe in only a few seconds.

darthgoober
The race depends on the distances. Short distance, I think that Superman'd win, because I feel that he has faster reactions and would thus get off the starting line quicker.

The Surfer has a much, much, much much higher top speed, though, and would very quickly overtake Superman.

However, since the original poster changed this to Pre-CoiE Superman...well...

Well Surfer's never done that, but his speed has been described as "twisting living fabric of matter" when he crossed the traveled to the other side of the universe in seconds...
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7020/ssenslavers06vb5.jpg

I'm not saying that feat trumps PC Supes's, just pointing out that both have unquantifiable speed feats to their credit.

Mindship
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This is not going to end good.....ermm laughing out loud

Originally posted by psycho gundam
surfer wins every time because that is what he was designed to do, find and get to places as soon as possible.
...unless...
Short distance, I think that Superman'd win, because I feel that he has faster reactions and would thus get off the starting line quicker. Given how fast Surfer can be from the git-go, I suspect the distance would have to be quite brief.

Avlon
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well Surfer's never done that, but his speed has been described as "twisting living fabric of matter" when he crossed the traveled to the other side of the universe in seconds...

I'm not saying that feat trumps PC Supes's, just pointing out that both have unquantifiable speed feats to their credit.

Kinda reminds me of this.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1426/gosupes7jo.th.jpg

jadervason
There is no object faster than Pre-Crisis Superman.

Surfer would beat Post Crisis several times in the same race.

psycho gundam
pre-crisis supes wins...just because end of story.

current supes gets beaten quite handily.

janus77
Originally posted by jadervason
There is no object faster than Pre-Crisis Superman.

Surfer would beat Post Crisis several times in the same race.
Pre-Crises might be the fastest thing in DC but, that doesn't hold when comparing with some character in Marvel.

"busting into heaven" isn't a speed feat of any measurable value.

it's like saying Hulk's so strong that no instrument can measure his strength. though it may be an objective fact, it doesn't tell you if he's stronger than The Presence or not... different universes, different ideas of scale and different dimensions of measure.

imo, with comparable dimensions, Surfer is far far far faster.

jadervason
He broke the barrier between life and death. It wasn't "busting up into heaven." Surfer breaks time/space barriers, Supes broke those and kept on breaking barriers until God sent his errand boy to stop that madness.

janus77
Originally posted by jadervason
He broke the barrier between life and death. It wasn't "busting up into heaven." Surfer breaks time/space barriers, Supes broke those and kept on breaking barriers until God sent his errand boy to stop that madness.
what I'm saying is that you can't really compare or measure that, since DCU works and is topologically different to Marvel U.

who knows where/when/what "barriers between life and death" are in Marvel U.

Juntai
Superman wins.

jadervason
Presumably they are after time/space...

tdawg14
Surfer is easily faster than Supes. No contest

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman wins. Which Superman? Post,pre, or both.

Badabing
I'm hoping Goober posts some SS speed feats.

Faceman
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm hoping Goober posts some SS speed feats.

Yeah cause we're all too lazy to research them ourselves... big grin

Badabing
Originally posted by Faceman
Yeah cause we're all too lazy to research them ourselves... big grin Laziness ftw! durw00t

darthgoober
Originally posted by Faceman
Yeah cause we're all too lazy to research them ourselves... big grin
Originally posted by Badabing
Laziness ftw! durw00t
You guys want to know just HOW lazy? I already posted one on the first page, you guys are just too lazy to read any page but the most recent...

laughing out loud

Badabing
You guys want to know just HOW lazy? I already posted one on the first page, you guys are just too lazy to read any page but the most recent...

laughing out loud durfist

Thanks for the scan. cool

Soljer
Originally posted by Mindship

Given how fast Surfer can be from the git-go, I suspect the distance would have to be quite brief.

Agreed - exactly why I said that the Surfer'd very quickly overtake Clark.

I just see him getting the head start at the sound of the gun, is all.

Superman wins.

Really? Why?

ultimatethor
Surfer wins EVERYTIME. no contest. And regarding Pre crisis supes, does he have any quantifiable speed feat to show he is faster than SS?

Juntai
Agreed - exactly why I said that the Surfer'd very quickly overtake Clark.

I just see him getting the head start at the sound of the gun, is all.

Really? Why? Ever seen Surfer search a multiverse and beyond in a handful of panels looking for a specific person? Originally posted by Mr Master
Supergirl is flying unconscious into the ends of Infinity,

Superman flies after her in order to rescue her:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8296/su1qv1.th.jpg

Superman crossing the distance of entire UniverseS

back to back nearly instantaneously:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2373/su2eq5.th.jpg

Superman reaches the ends of the Multiverse and keeps going further:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2581/su3uo8.th.jpg

Superman goes so far that Spectre has to stop him,

before he actually reaches Heaven:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9118/su4bj9.th.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6104/su5al6.th.jpg

starlock
Surfer for the win

CPT Space Bomb
Ever seen Surfer search a multiverse and beyond in a handful of panels looking for a specific person? Isn't that pre crisis?

Soljer
Ever seen Surfer search a multiverse and beyond in a handful of panels looking for a specific person?

I didn't know you meant Pre-CoiE, my bad. In that case, I agree with you.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Isn't that pre crisis?

Yes it is, but the threadstarter later changed the match to Pre-CoiE Superman vs. the Surfer.

Erik-Lensherr
Silver Surfer's travelling speed is > Superman's travelling speed, IMO. (Post Crisis).

Although, how relevant the travelling speed of Pre-Crisis Superman is to current Superman is debatable, since it seems that most of what happened in Pre-Crisis is in continuity again.

Xplosive

and as far as I understood your initial post, it was from our solar system out to some galaxy far away... just assumed it was a few galaxies/quadrants and not another universe.

Also the real universe has an end.

Silver Surfer wins pretty easily. He is much faster (Post Crisis). But I don't know how fast was Pre-Crisis. Anyway, Pre is beyond Post in any aspect.

spidey-dude
doesnt PC superman get his power from the sun to ? because if superman goes a certain distance outside our solar system he will start losing speed cause hes getting further and further away from the sun. so surfer should be able to beat PC superman as well

h1a8
PC Supes wins
Post Crisis Supes loses
Close thread now.

fangirl101
post crisis superman flew from the earth to the source wall which was at the ends of the universe in like a second flat. he wins.

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
post crisis superman flew from the earth to the source wall which was at the ends of the universe in like a second flat. he wins.
Did fly or boomed tubed it nver?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Did fly or boomed tubed it nver?

if he boom tubed, that would mean he had a mother box. which would mean he used it to depower DS. that would work for me. i dind't see a mb tho. so he had to fly there. if he created some sort of trans warp thing while flying, then he just does. surfer does the samekind of thing in his warp flying. cool it with that nvr. i'm sickof everyone ending thier sentences with that. it's grammatically incorrect. is it some kind of slogan?

Priest
if he boom tubed, that would mean he had a mother box. which would mean he used it to depower DS. that would work for me. i dind't see a mb tho. so he had to fly there. if he created some sort of trans warp thing while flying, then he just does. surfer does the samekind of thing in his warp flying. cool it with that nvr. i'm sickof everyone ending thier sentences with that. it's grammatically incorrect. is it some kind of slogan?
Mother box of not he clearly did not get to the source wall by flying.

Anywayz, who brought up DS, do I look like a Quanchi?? erm

Sure, I'll stop shouting u out Fangirl with my incorrect grammar.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Mother box of not he clearly did not get to the source wall by flying.

Anywayz, who brought up DS, do I look like a Quanchi?? erm

Sure, I'll stop shouting u out Fangirl with my incorrect grammar.

he got there some how. that is the mystery that we must solve.

janus77
he got there some how. that is the mystery that we must solve.
no, The Pyramids are a mystery we must solve. that above is just your inability to grasp the premise big grin.

fangirl101
no, The Pyramids are a mystery we must solve. that above is just your inability to grasp the premise big grin.

your insulting of my ability to grasp would have been cute if you knew what the premise was.

complexbrother
I wish I had the equipment to scan (or the know how) Surfer has so many extreme speed feats .

surfer wins

janus77
your insulting of my ability to grasp would have been cute if you knew what the premise was.
I do know, hence my pointing out your inability to grasp it stick out tongue.

fangirl101
I do know, hence my pointing out your inability to grasp it stick out tongue. then by all means, tell us, what is the premise?

janus77
ladies first yes

h1a8
ladies first yes

I don't think they grasp it as you said.
So please tell us. I'm curious as hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.