Superman and Darkseid vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jadervason
Hunter/Prey DC guys vs that marvel guy without his shiny glove.

On a decimated apokolips.

quanchi112
Thanos destroys them both.

Bentley
Errrr... How? He would be hard pressed against DS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Errrr... How? He would be hard pressed against DS. He easily beats down top tiers. Thats what both of these guys are. Odin couldnt ko him in Asgard and his power dwarfs what Superman can dish out along with Darkseid. These guys will be dealt with as Thanos durability can far outlast anything these two can dish out.

Lord Feron
You can't ask a guy who has Thanos is God sig lol Not to demerit you quanchi but yeah idk about this battle. I have to ponder.

Bentley
Darkseid stalls with his mind/energy powers, Superman sun dips and they tag team Thanos. There is no reason to think that Thanos can take any one of these two quickly.

Soljer
Darkseid stalls with his mind/energy powers, Superman sun dips and they tag team Thanos. There is no reason to think that Thanos can take any one of these two quickly.

Willfully leaving the battlefield is an auto-lose. Since the battlefield is Apokolips, as soon as Superman leaves the atmosphere, he's out of the fight. No sundipping for him.

darthgoober
Originally posted by jadervason
Hunter/Prey DC guys vs that marvel guy without his shiny glove.

On a decimated apokolips.
Do you mean the Hunter/Prey versions of DS and Supes or were you just using a story they both appeared in as a reference?

Bentley
Originally posted by Soljer
Willfully leaving the battlefield is an auto-lose. Since the battlefield is Apokolips, as soon as Superman leaves the atmosphere, he's out of the fight. No sundipping for him.

They beat Thanos by bfr then.

darthgoober
Thanos can teleport...

Soljer

BFR only works if the opponent cannot return to the battlefield.

Thanos can teleport.

He can't be BFR'd.

Bentley
I'm assuming that its inconsequential that Supes can return from sundipping on its own power to the self-bfr clause right?

Soljer
I'm assuming that its inconsequential that Supes can return from sundipping on its own power to the self-bfr clause right?

It doesn't matter if you can return or not. If you purposefully leave the battlefield, you automatically lose.

Such a rule is instituted so that not every fight is "Tony flies to his shop and grabs the Thorbuster." "Strange teleports to his sanctum and grabs all his artifacts." "Superman goes and chills in the sun for ten minutes."

Bentley
Yeah, but in Tony's and Strange's case it also breaks the standard equipment rule. I just think its weird that if you are dodging a wide range blast its fair to go away from the battlefield and comeback, but just leaving and returning its banned.

I don't know if there are suns around Apokolips anyways.

nimbus006
Yeah, but in Tony's and Strange's case it also breaks the standard equipment rule. I just think its weird that if you are dodging a wide range blast its fair to go away from the battlefield and comeback, but just leaving and returning its banned..

I think you're misunderstanding what they're trying to say...

Soljer is stating Thanos can't be BFR'd because he can always teleport back to the battlefield... not that he can leave for strategic purposes, then return.

Bentley
I know, I was just saying is hazy that you can leave for some reason and for others is autoloss, but yeah, I guess jumping into the sun for a few minutes is kind of a cheat.

Soljer
Originally posted by nimbus006
I think you're misunderstanding what they're trying to say...

Soljer is stating Thanos can't be BFR'd because he can always teleport back to the battlefield... not that he can leave for strategic purposes, then return.

You're half right.

I'm also saying that Superman can't leave the field of battle to go bathe in the sun for a little while and come back super-charged, since willfully leaving the battlefield is an auto-lose on the forum.

jadervason
Superman gets his mother box, is what I meant.

quanchi112
Darkseid stalls with his mind/energy powers, Superman sun dips and they tag team Thanos. There is no reason to think that Thanos can take any one of these two quickly. I think its been explained that this isnt allowed. Since when are tag partners allowed to leave to amp themselves then return. I guess thats the only way in your mind they could pull a win but it isnt allowed and is very strange someone would even suggest such a thing.

quanchi112
Superman gets his mother box, is what I meant. It will only buy him a little more time.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by quanchi112
He easily beats down top tiers. Thats what both of these guys are. Odin couldnt ko him in Asgard and his power dwarfs what Superman can dish out along with Darkseid. These guys will be dealt with as Thanos durability can far outlast anything these two can dish out. thanos does have amazing durability, many instances of another character's best moves get used on thanos who just takes it and all he does is smirk.

Bentley
Its the only way I could think off a cheap win so there is no possible comeback, I don't try that much either since there are Superman fans to do that.

If there is a mother box, pass it to Darkseid, and they can't lose.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos does have amazing durability, many instances of another character's best moves get used on thanos who just takes it and all he does is smirk. thumb up

quanchi112
Its the only way I could think off a cheap win so there is no possible comeback, I don't try that much either since there are Superman fans to do that.

If there is a mother box, pass it to Darkseid, and they can't lose. Darkseid has been beaten down by Superman and Doomsday pretty quickly. It buys him more time as it would Superman but not much. Supermans durability is greater than darkseid's anyways.

Thanos still dominates here.

Bentley
Darkseid only needs to boost his durability and he will put down Thanos, he is capable of doing remarkable damage -helping to put down Imperiex, the Antimonitor and other several top tiers-, and the titan would eventually go down to all that punishment.

DS only needs time to win this and with both the Mother box and Supes he has it.

jadervason
I think Superman could hurt Thanos, but it would take him a few tries before he dialed it up enough to start making dents.

quanchi112
Darkseid only needs to boost his durability and he will put down Thanos, he is capable of doing remarkable damage -helping to put down Imperiex, the Antimonitor and other several top tiers-, and the titan would eventually go down to all that punishment.

DS only needs time to win this and with both the Mother box and Supes he has it. A few things. Darkseid had major help against Imperiex and against the Am Darkseid channeled Luthors unique energies through tech.

Ds struggles and has lost to Superman in a stomp. Thanos has never struggled with a top tier. He also battles and hangs with characters capable of oneshotting top tiers.

quanchi112
I think Superman could hurt Thanos, but it would take him a few tries before he dialed it up enough to start making dents. Thor with the power gem only bloodied his nose. Superman has nowhere near the power of Thor in that story. He wins this easily against these two.

Bentley

So does DS. The one thing that DS lacks to fight like Thanos is his awesome durability, his loses against Superman can be as well be attached to his low durability and his lack of use of his many abilities.

quanchi112
So does DS. The one thing that DS lacks to fight like Thanos is his awesome durability, his loses against Superman can be as well be attached to his low durability and his lack of use of his many abilities. Name the beings Darkseid has battled that oneshot top tiers.

Avlon
Thanos gets destroyed.

Team ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
Thanos gets destroyed.

Team ftw. Nah. Superman has been knocked out by Kalibak punch and raped by Henshaw with some rings. Thor with the power gem only gave him a bloody nose. Supes and Darkseid lose all ten.

Eon Blue
Team for the win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Team for the win. They dont have the durability to hang here. They also lack the firepower to put Thanos down.

jadervason
Thanos>Omegas? How do you figure?

Avlon
Superman battles Thanos and DS kills the Titan with a full powered blast. smile

Hazsekswthurmom
Well I guess I'll be the first to say it, Ds soloes.

psycho gundam
team wins.

darkseid written by his creator jack kirby(not the hacks that can't fill his shoes) is a match for thanos by himself, adding superman is a major distraction in favor of darkseid to say the least.

thanos won't get killed but he will get defeated unless he persuades supes/darseid to fight each other somehow, his cunning is the only way he can win cause the team is too powerful.

Bouboumaster
Thanos a big 7/10

quanchi112
Thanos>Omegas? How do you figure? Thanos is far too powerful to lose to some top tiers attack. Who has darkseid beaten with this attack thats supposed to impress me?

quanchi112
Superman battles Thanos and DS kills the Titan with a full powered blast. smile Nah that only works on weaker characters such as henshaw. Thanos is further up the food chain than that.

Thanos for the win. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Well I guess I'll be the first to say it, Ds soloes. Let me be the first to say you are wrong. Thanos beats them down easily. He tears Darkseid heart out. Orion did it as he stared into his eyes. Darkseid doesnt have jimmy olsen here to save him like he needed against Superman.

Badabing
Nah that only works on weaker characters such as henshaw. Thanos is further up the food chain than that.

Thanos for the win. smile Stop now.

The Great Galen
I strongly move for someone getting banned, the bias here is insane...supes and DS 100/10.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Badabing
Stop now.
What rule is he breaking?

The Great Galen
hmm I dont know...obvious bias. It's one thing to say Thanos can take DS but to say he can take DS and supes 10/10 is quite another.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by King Kandy
What rule is he breaking?

He's baiting.

Badabing
He's baiting. smart

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Badabing
smart big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I strongly move for someone getting banned, the bias here is insane...supes and DS 100/10. Supes and Darkseid are only top tiers. Who have they beaten on Thanos level in a straight up fight?

jadervason
Supes and Darkseid are only top tiers. Who have they beaten on Thanos level in a straight up fight?

You're...you're really going to ask who Superman has beaten.

skyfather
He's baiting.
and this isnt a bait thread??????

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
and this isnt a bait thread?????? I gave up trying. Its obvious this thread is to bait me. LOL.

quanchi112
You're...you're really going to ask who Superman has beaten. He has been beaten by less than Thanos.

Examples:Orion,Henshaw,shadow demons,Darkseid,Kalibak.

skyfather
I gave up trying. Its obvious this thread is to bait me. LOL.
its funny as well how the great galan wants "someone" to be banned when all he does is bait threads which he admitted in one of his threads.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
its funny as well how the great galan wants "someone" to be banned when all he does is bait threads which he admitted in one of his threads. Oh I know its very obvious and he even admits it in his posts. Again I LOL. I quit reporting people as it seems certain people get away with this all the time. Again nothing I can do about it but I appreciate you observing this.

jadervason
I'd say team 9/10, myself.

fangirl101
I've never seen thanos fight anyone with Superman or Darksied's speed, strength, powers ect and win.

Bentley
Its called the Silver Surfer.

jadervason
I don't think Surfer can speedblitz.

Bentley
huh

quanchi112
I'd say team 9/10, myself. Why?

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
I've never seen thanos fight anyone with Superman or Darksied's speed, strength, powers ect and win. When did Superman speedblitz Darkseid?

TricksterPriest
Against Thanos? When? I think it's not a stretch to say he can't speedblitz Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic) He seems to forget every other power he has.

BFR is a win for Team. Because you all forgot one thing. Thanos can't time travel. Temporal BFR ftw. Via boomtube or OE.

CaptainStoic
The question here is, can Superman hold Thanos in a full nelson long enough (or some form of restraining hold to contain him) for Darkseid to finish him off?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Against Thanos? When? I think it's not a stretch to say he can't speedblitz Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic) He seems to forget every other power he has.

BFR is a win for Team. Because you all forgot one thing. Thanos can't time travel. Temporal BFR ftw. Via boomtube or OE.

A boomtube would be a tech win, and a very shallow victory, which indicates that these guys could not beat Thanos in an honest battle.

jadervason
Why?

Superman's physical feats put him high enough to put dents in Thanos, and while he's doing that Darkseid can do his whole omega beams from close range thing that supposedly nothing can survive.

Or what tricksterpriest said.

jadervason
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
A boomtube would be a tech win, and a very shallow victory, which indicates that these guys could not beat Thanos in an honest battle.

You mean grind him into paste? It's already 2 on 1.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

BFR is a win for Team. Because you all forgot one thing. Thanos can't time travel. Temporal BFR ftw. Via boomtube or OE. It wouldnt matter. Thanos would and could mindrape Superman if he wanted to or imprison him in an energy block which we have seen done before. Thanos then blocks Darkseid eyebeams. He beats him down similar in fashion to the way Doomsday beat him down in Hunter and Prey. Before he fires a second shot.

jadervason
He would only need one shot.

CaptainStoic
You mean grind him into paste? It's already 2 on 1.

I can honestly say that I have never seen Thanos turned to burger by guys of this caliber. Smacking Norrin Radd into a coma with a swat shows that Thanos could take out at the very least Superman. Darkseid's curb stomping at the Kryptonians hands leaves him wide open to the possible pimp choke at the hands of Thanos.

psycho gundam
but not together.

thanos could arguably beat any of them one on one, especially superman but not with darkseid as back up, it is just too much.

i give thanos a lot of credit though as his fighting skills are great; he exclusively trained gamora from prepubescence to be the best female fighter in marvel and succeded, he also beat all of the other heroes in his strength bracket that faced him 1 on 1 and even 2 on 1 on multiple occasions in almost embarrassingly flawless victories, and his fight with his doppleganger was technical too say the least, a guy at his size doing those moves was amazing.(a must see)

but these two are too much at one helping.

fangirl101
Superman is easily stronger than any single foe thanos has faced in the pure hand to hand department. and he's more durable to boot. he's survived black holes, double black holes, where thanos has had his hide dented good by one. darkseid and superman are both at thanos lvls in strength. thing with darksied and superman is they both command great speed. they also both command some form of uber telepathy. DS could also just oe thanos to the end of time.

carver9
I give this to thanos myself. Neither superman or thanos have proven that they could beat a guy that can shoot a blast that could wipe a moon into dust.

Thanos 7/10

jadervason
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I can honestly say that I have never seen Thanos turned to burger by guys of this caliber. Smacking Norrin Radd into a coma with a swat shows that Thanos could take out at the very least Superman. Darkseid's curb stomping at the Kryptonians hands leaves him wide open to the possible pimp choke at the hands of Thanos.

who was the last guy Norrin Radd knocked out

carver9
Superman is easily stronger than any single foe thanos has faced in the pure hand to hand department. and he's more durable to boot. he's survived black holes, double black holes, where thanos has had his hide dented good by one. darkseid and superman are both at thanos lvls in strength. thing with darksied and superman is they both command great speed. they also both command some form of uber telepathy. DS could also just oe thanos to the end of time.

Well I totally disagree with superman being stronger then everyone that thanos has fought since thanos did fight champion who possessed the power gem and he fought the hulk who pre crisis superman stated was stronger then him.

carver9
who was the last guy Norrin Radd knocked out

Norrin rad powers >> superman & darkseid. Hell norrin destroyed a da** planet just by powering up.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
Well I totally disagree with superman being stronger then everyone that thanos has fought since thanos did fight champion who possessed the power gem and he fought the hulk who pre crisis superman stated was stronger then him.
thanos didn't fight champion with the gem. he hid in a force field. check MATE.

he also noted that fighting champion would be like fighting the hulk. a confrontation that he would seek to avoid.

your using a damned cross over from precrisis as a statement? What the ****.

fangirl101
Norrin rad powers >> superman & darkseid. Hell norrin destroyed a da** planet just by powering up.

norrin rad got knocked out by a bolt of lightning from storm.

Mr. Slippyfist
norrin rad got knocked out by a bolt of lightning from storm. Except he didn't.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Except he didn't.
he certainly was BENT over kneeling in pain from storm's lightning. or how about he just got an armbar from black panther? he's got enough low showings to constitute they count. he got bitched by a no name alien who could absorb energy. what the hell? from the guy who is supposed to be like the master energy manipulator?

Mr. Slippyfist
he certainly was BENT over kneeling in pain from storm's lightning. or how about he just got an armbar from black panther? he's got enough low showings to constitute they count. he got bitched by a no name alien who could absorb energy. what the hell? from the guy who is supposed to be like the master energy manipulator? When he could barely stand less than 10 pages earlier? And you just admitted you lied. He wasn't knocked out.

That's because the writer admitted he knew nothing of Surfer.

You're honestly trying to count the armbar from Panther? What about when Batman kicked Darkseid and made him bleed, and show visible pain?

Who was this? And is this a Surfer villain?

fangirl101
When he could barely stand less than 10 pages earlier? And you just admitted you lied. He wasn't knocked out.

That's because the writer admitted he knew nothing of Surfer.

You're honestly trying to count the armbar from Panther? What about when Batman kicked Darkseid and made him bleed, and show visible pain?

Who was this? And is this a Surfer villain?

I didn't lie. surfer looked knocked out to me. he was on the freaking ground. it doesn't matter if the writer knew about the surfer. it got past the editors.

the difference with batman's kick, is that ds had just got blasted by the omega staff thing. he had just been tenderized.

and surfer got bitched in the star masters.

Mr. Slippyfist
I didn't lie. surfer looked knocked out to me. he was on the freaking ground. it doesn't matter if the writer knew about the surfer. it got past the editors.

the difference with batman's kick, is that ds had just got blasted by the omega staff thing. he had just been tenderized.

and surfer got bitched in the star masters. How could he be:
"he certainly was BENT over kneeling in pain from storm's lightning."
When he looked knocked out?
laughing out loud
And he wasn't knocked out, and I doubt you've ever seen the comic if you think so.

It got past Joey Q? Oh ya, so that makes it acceptable? laughing out loud

He got his powers back. And any way you put it, it's still Batman.

By one time villains that prove nothing? What low feats do they have?

quanchi112
He would only need one shot. No his durability is way better than these characters.

quanchi112
but not together.

thanos could arguably beat any of them one on one, especially superman but not with darkseid as back up, it is just too much.

i give thanos a lot of credit though as his fighting skills are great; he exclusively trained gamora from prepubescence to be the best female fighter in marvel and succeded, he also beat all of the other heroes in his strength bracket that faced him 1 on 1 and even 2 on 1 on multiple occasions in almost embarrassingly flawless victories, and his fight with his doppleganger was technical too say the least, a guy at his size doing those moves was amazing.(a must see)

but these two are too much at one helping. I disagree. he has fought tougher threats than the two of these combined. Superman can be knocked out by far less than Thanos while Darkseid can be annihilated physically in three panels or less. Thanos has this in the bag.

fangirl101
How could he be:
"he certainly was BENT over kneeling in pain from storm's lightning."
When he looked knocked out?
laughing out loud
And he wasn't knocked out, and I doubt you've ever seen the comic if you think so.

It got past Joey Q? Oh ya, so that makes it acceptable? laughing out loud

He got his powers back. And any way you put it, it's still Batman.

By one time villains that prove nothing? What low feats do they have? that same villian got bitched by someone lower than surfer. i'll find the series. late now. not going thru boxes and boxes. the point is, surfer fights like a tard around thanos. everybody does.

quanchi112
Superman is easily stronger than any single foe thanos has faced in the pure hand to hand department. and he's more durable to boot. he's survived black holes, double black holes, where thanos has had his hide dented good by one. darkseid and superman are both at thanos lvls in strength. thing with darksied and superman is they both command great speed. they also both command some form of uber telepathy. DS could also just oe thanos to the end of time. Superman isnt stronger than the Hulk. Thanos was fine and survived a black hole fine.

Superman was defeated easily by shadow demons,ko'd by a Kalibak punch(he is a joke by the way),Beaten down by Henshaw with the sinestro rings.

Thanos beats down opponents who give Superman a hard time.

quanchi112

he also noted that fighting champion would be like fighting the hulk. a confrontation that he would seek to avoid.

your using a damned cross over from precrisis as a statement? What the ****. He tossed around Champion and made him look like a dope. he then set him up to hand over the gem to him. Thanos makes great fighters look idiotic in combat and when using their noggin.

quanchi112

and surfer got bitched in the star masters. Its still Bruce Wayne making the evil overlord of apokolips bleed. Its still embarrassing.

fangirl101
Superman isnt stronger than the Hulk. Thanos was fine and survived a black hole fine.

Superman was defeated easily by shadow demons,ko'd by a Kalibak punch(he is a joke by the way),Beaten down by Henshaw with the sinestro rings.

Thanos beats down opponents who give Superman a hard time. whatever. i don't like debating with you when you say shit like superman was defeated by shadow demons. as if they are weak. these guys touch stuff and it disintegrates. you say shit like kalibak is a joke when he's clearly top lvl strength. you demean any thing as if it's nothing to make a point. i'm over that debating style already. it doesn't suit my taste. then you say beaten down by henshaw with sinestro rings as if that is a bad thing? geez. please, i will continue to debate with others who don't use such tactics.

Mr. Slippyfist
that same villian got bitched by someone lower than surfer. i'll find the series. late now. not going thru boxes and boxes. the point is, surfer fights like a tard around thanos. everybody does. I'll re-read it too tomorrow. Been a while.

If Surfer is at the level you're implying, he lasts way longer against Thanos than he should. erm
Go contradictions.

That makes no sense at all. By your logic Thanos has no feats, as everyone fights stupid against him (even though Surfer does not fight stupid against Thanos, as he can't even effect him, so what the hell is he supposed to do? There's more reasons why it's legit, but not for you).
Congratulations, you're a hater. No one has to listen to you.

*ignore*

carver9
norrin rad got knocked out by a bolt of lightning from storm.

laughing

and by the way that was far away from being a normal bolt of lightning that almost made him itch. Reread the book.

fangirl101
I'll re-read it too tomorrow. Been a while.

If Surfer is at the level you're implying, he lasts way longer against Thanos than he should. erm
Go contradictions.

That makes no sense at all. By your logic Thanos has no feats, as everyone fights stupid against him (even though Surfer does not fight stupid against Thanos, as he can't even effect him, so what the hell is he supposed to do? There's more reasons why it's legit, but not for you).

*ignore*
if you say so. surfer happens to be one of my favorite characters. no way he can beat the black body and use the crunch and can't kick thanos ass.

i was using a tactic to show that characters have low showings. please, use intelligence when decifering a person's intent. calling someone something when you CLEARLY can't judge what the true intent is, makes you look less than i thought you were. which was an excellent debator.

carver9

your using a damned cross over from precrisis as a statement? What the ****.

He in a shield that he created and he one shotted hulk who is by far stronger then superman.

I know that its a crossover but its still a nice feat to here pre crisis superman admitting that hulk is stronger then him. Superman have prove nothing to be stronger then hulk. When I see something saying that superman is lifting 50 trillion tons like it was stated in a hulk comic then I'll agree but until then.

quanchi112
whatever. i don't like debating with you when you say shit like superman was defeated by shadow demons. as if they are weak. these guys touch stuff and it disintegrates. you say shit like kalibak is a joke when he's clearly top lvl strength. you demean any thing as if it's nothing to make a point. i'm over that debating style already. it doesn't suit my taste. then you say beaten down by henshaw with sinestro rings as if that is a bad thing? geez. please, i will continue to debate with others who don't use such tactics. Kalibak is a joke. Even to his father he is. Superman had no answer for these shadow demons. They would have killed him if it wasnt for Free.

Henshaw with the rings did nothing else really in that story other than annihilate Superman in three strikes. There goes his awesome durability.

quanchi112
I'll re-read it too tomorrow. Been a while.

Go contradictions.

*ignore* Agreed that he contradicts himself all the time. Its a poor debating tactic when you say all everyone ever does is fight stupid against Thanos. Its unreal anyone would even say such a thing.

Bottom line is Thanos is a badass and crushes top tiers easily.

fangirl101
He in a shield that he created and he one shotted hulk who is by far stronger then superman.

I know that its a crossover but its still a nice feat to here pre crisis superman admitting that hulk is stronger then him. Superman have prove nothing to be stronger then hulk. When I see something saying that superman is lifting 50 trillion tons like it was stated in a hulk comic then I'll agree but until then. superman turned the wheels of mageddon. pushed warworld against it's engines. hulk is never far stronger than superman. and one shotting someone has nothing to do with thier strength but thier durability. and hulk for sure is NO WHERE NEAR superman's durability.

quanchi112
superman turned the wheels of mageddon. pushed warworld against it's engines. hulk is never far stronger than superman. and one shotting someone has nothing to do with thier strength but thier durability. and hulk for sure is NO WHERE NEAR superman's durability. Hulk has no limits to his strength. Superman does. case closed.

Superman can be knocked out by a Kalibak punch,easily destroyed with a motherobx by Doomsday,raped by Henshaw with the rings. His durability is nowhere near Thanos'.

jadervason
Isn't the Earth 65 trillion tons alone? Pre Crisis Superman could move it.

carver9
Isn't the Earth 65 trillion tons alone? Pre Crisis Superman could move it.

I never said pre crisis superman couldnt move it, Im referring to current superman. Pre crisis index finger could move trillions of tons but I have yet to see superman lift that. It was stated that hulk was lifting 50 trillion tons, it cant get no clearer then that. Majority of the strength feats that is put up for superman appears to be nothing but flight strength. I want to see some scans of him standing on both feet.

Mr. Slippyfist
It was stated that hulk was lifting 50 trillion tons, it cant get no clearer then that. When was this?

carver9
superman turned the wheels of mageddon. pushed warworld against it's engines. hulk is never far stronger than superman. and one shotting someone has nothing to do with thier strength but thier durability. and hulk for sure is NO WHERE NEAR superman's durability.

Where was the strength that was calculated when he was turning the wheel of mageddon and who says that the hulk couldnt repeat the same feat, I actually think that he could since he is stronger then superman.

Yeah, he sure did push war world but he sure as hell was sun dipped while doing this feat and then he was still struggling to that in the beginning. Nice feat though but that is something that I think a full confident gladiator could have done.

Im quite sure hulk durability is= to or greater then superman. Superman has been one shotted to many times to say that he is more durable then the hulk.

psycho gundam
I never said pre crisis superman couldnt move it, Im referring to current superman. Pre crisis index finger could move trillions of tons but I have yet to see superman lift that. It was stated that hulk was lifting 50 trillion tons, it cant get no clearer then that. Majority of the strength feats that is put up for superman appears to be nothing but flight strength. I want to see some scans of him standing on both feet. strength doesn't allow him to move planets, thrust does.
think about it, superman will be doing a handstand on earth and in his attempts to "lift it" he will just be doing a push up, he has to push against it with his flight. even hulk can't feasibly lift anything aproaching a solar mass due to it's gravity, lifting it isn't possible.

carver9
When was this?

Im sorry, it was 50 billion tons. Kind of sleepy but here ya go, this actually happened in the comic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Imagemessedupporting_a_mountain_and_destroying_Onslaug
ht.jpg

jadervason
If he can push something in midair, why the hell do you think he couldn't lift it standing on his feet?

Mr. Slippyfist
It was 250 billion tons, and he was supporting it on his back after it was dropped on them from Molecule Man.

Fix your link though.

carver9
Im sorry, it was 50 billion tons. Kind of sleepy but here ya go, this actually happened in the comic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Imagemessedupporting_a_mountain_and_destroying_Onslaug
ht.jpg

Wait, I'll have to repost the link.

psycho gundam
physics stops the feat from happening.
------------------

the mountain dropped on the heroes weighed 150 billion tons, hulk braced it but the cption did state that he held 150 billion tons regardless.
mountains weigh more than that in total.

carver9
It was 250 billion tons, and he was supporting it on his back after it was dropped on them from Molecule Man.

He was lifting it not supporting it and even if he was supporting it (which he wasnt) I would still count that as a lifting feat since he way how much, a thousand pounds.

Now what is the highest strength feat that superman has lifted because by his bio it states that he can only lift 100,000 tons.

carver9
If he can push something in midair, why the hell do you think he couldn't lift it standing on his feet?

because its a flight and durability feat that everyone on the forum have continously brought up. Rogue strength class is 50 tons but she has lifted way more then that due to her flight.

fangirl101
He was lifting it not supporting it and even if he was supporting it (which he wasnt) I would still count that as a lifting feat since he way how much, a thousand pounds.

Now what is the highest strength feat that superman has lifted because by his bio it states that he can only lift 100,000 tons. um no. superman can lift trillions of tons.

fangirl101
because its a flight and durability feat that everyone on the forum have continously brought up. Rogue strength class is 50 tons but she has lifted way more then that due to her flight.

what the ****? your arm muscles would give out and turn to power if you didn't have the strength to keep them in place. it's a strength feat. flight is tied to strength. or else someone like ferro, who is indestructible, would just be able to push the earth since he has a legion flight ring. he just isn't that strong.

carver9
strength doesn't allow him to move planets, thrust does.
think about it, superman will be doing a handstand on earth and in his attempts to "lift it" he will just be doing a push up, he has to push against it with his flight. even hulk can't feasibly lift anything aproaching a solar mass due to it's gravity, lifting it isn't possible.

I agree with you, thats why I said majority of superman strength feats are based on flight but it was actually 250 billion tons on top of hulk and he was standing just fine. I just asked for something similar from superman without him flying. Hulk is 20 times more stronger then superman and again even though its a crossover pre crisis superman himself admitted to this so I guess that superman writer and hulk writer both came to the conclusion that hulk was stronger.

carver9
um no. superman can lift trillions of tons.

proof and I want to see him standing on two feat.

carver9
what the ****? your arm muscles would give out and turn to power if you didn't have the strength to keep them in place. it's a strength feat. flight is tied to strength. or else someone like ferro, who is indestructible, would just be able to push the earth since he has a legion flight ring. he just isn't that strong.

How would your arms give out if you are durable as hell, thats impossible. Superman have admitted when he was pushing a da** ship that was the size of a state that he using his flight to help him move the ship. Even louis and lex stated the same thing and that wasnt the 1st and only time that superman admitted to this.

jadervason
You guys are bonkers. If the thrust is being applied to the bottoms of his feet, he's holding a planet over his head.

That's not considering how fast he's moving it, he could very well be accelerating it at .1g's or 10g's.

which would mean one tenth of an Earth or 10 Earths over his head.

fangirl101
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/moonmover.jpg

here superman catches a ship the size of the moon and tosses it. you telling me he tossed the ship with his thrust power from flight? when clearly all he is doing is bending his elbows.

moon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mountain.

i rest my case.

carver9
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/moonmover.jpg

here superman catches a ship the size of the moon and tosses it. you telling me he tossed the ship with his thrust power from flight? when clearly all he is doing is bending his elbows.

moon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mountain.

i rest my case.

You know what, that would have been a great feat if it didnt happen in space where there is zero gravity.

HMMM, Im glad I brought that up, I wonder how far I could throw a baseball in space.

psycho gundam
well, superman's bio has him at a lower lifting capacity than the hulk when on solid ground in a purely weight lifting contest.

superman's weight lifting strength is capped on earth at like 100,000 tons, whereas the hulk's lifting capacity is inapplicable, the only quantified weight was the 150,000,000,000 ton mountain. and king hulk is superior to even the hulk persona that made that feat.

superman able to utilize his flight to supplement the weight could lift or move planetary masses with extreme effort.

carver9
You guys are bonkers. If the thrust is being applied to the bottoms of his feet, he's holding a planet over his head.

That's not considering how fast he's moving it, he could very well be accelerating it at .1g's or 10g's.

which would mean one tenth of an Earth or 10 Earths over his head.

How is the thrust applied to the bottom of his feet when there isnt anything at the bottom of his feet but air, dont make sense. Flight, durability is different then actual true strength.

fangirl101
You know what, that would have been a great feat if it didnt happen in space where there is zero gravity.

HMMM, Im glad I brought that up, I wonder how far I could throw a baseball in space. you obviously don't know about DENSITY. Inertia. Etc. The theory that an object at rest stays at rest. and one that is in motion stays in motion. k thanks. you have lost this round. he used his muscles to throw a DENSE HUMUNGOUS moon sized ship that was at rest, or moving in one direction, into a nother.

carver9
well, superman's bio has him at a lower lifting capacity than the hulk when on solid ground in a purely weight lifting contest.

superman's weight lifting strength is capped on earth at like 100,000 tons, whereas the hulk's lifting capacity is inapplicable, the only quantified weight was the 150,000,000,000 ton mountain. and king hulk is superior to even the hulk persona that made that feat.

superman able to utilize his flight to supplement the weight could lift or move planetary masses with extreme effort.

good post but a lot of people will disagree because they dont know the difference between flight feats and strength feats.

jadervason

HMMM, Im glad I brought that up, I wonder how far I could throw a baseball in space.

You have no concept of physics.

carver9
you obviously don't know about DENSITY. Inertia. Etc. The theory that an object at rest stays at rest. and one that is in motion stays in motion. k thanks. you have lost this round. he used his muscles to throw a DENSE HUMUNGOUS moon sized ship that was at rest, or moving in one direction, into a nother.

Show me a feat happening where there is gravity and I would totally agree with you but until then hulk is stronger. How the hell is superman going to throw something the size of a moon but need help after that scan from wonder woman and martian manhunter with moving a moon. Thats ridiculous. Again space helped him with that feat.

fangirl101
Show me a feat happening where there is gravity and I would totally agree with you but until then hulk is stronger. How the hell is superman going to throw something the size of a moon but need help after that scan from wonder woman and martian manhunter with moving a moon. Thats ridiculous. Again space helped him with that feat.
you obviously don't know about TEAM BOOKS. it's the same reason thor can pwn a celestial on his own but in the avengers gets knocked around by ultron. please please, i can't take any more.

carver9
You have no concept of physics.

Just show me something standing on two feat. That shouldnt be hard for a character that has been out for how many years.

quanchi112
I go downstairs for twenty minutes and it turns into a physics debate.

Mr. Slippyfist

Now what is the highest strength feat that superman has lifted because by his bio it states that he can only lift 100,000 tons. Correction: 150.

Anyway, he was lifting it? Woah! Did they add onto the story in a Hulk comic or something? Because I only remember him supporting it.
You would count it as a lifting feat because he's light? What?

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not even going off the top of my head, because I just don't care.

Two questions:

What bio?

And

What is this supposed to mean? That bios hold weight?

carver9
you obviously don't know about TEAM BOOKS. it's the same reason thor can pwn a celestial on his own but in the avengers gets knocked around by ultron. please please, i can't take any more.

I guess you agree huh. Superman unable to even budge the moon by himself but he can throw something the size of the moon. Hell, even composite superman couldnt move the moon by himself, he needed help from wonder woman and martian,AGAIN. You do know that composite superman (blue superman) was stated as being one of the strongest supermen created. I kinda feel bad that he couldnt move that moon, huh.

fangirl101
Just show me something standing on two feat. That shouldnt be hard for a character that has been out for how many years. the hulk DID NOT LIFT any mountains. he braced it. get that thru your skull. so we dont' know exactly how much he lifted. but bracing isn't a strength feat according to you. all he did was act like a human pole. his durability was as much into play as his strength. according to you. he didn't move his arms up and lift anything out of the way. he just stood there with the mountain on his back.
oh and superman precrisis stories are cannon. if you didn't now. thanks.

carver9
Correction: 150.

Anyway, he was lifting it? Woah! Did they add onto the story in a Hulk comic or something? Because I only remember him supporting it.
You would count it as a lifting feat because he's light? What?

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not even going off the top of my head, because I just don't care.

Two questions:

What bio?

And

What is this supposed to mean? That bios hold weight?

I wish I have a scanner but its his latest bio and in the hulk comic the narrator states that hulk is lifting this weight over his head, not supporting it.

The bio holds more weight then anything that you all conjur up and hulk lifting over 1 billion tons over his head isnt the biggest strength feat that was quoted for hulk but that is something that I just wanted to use because it actually STATES the size that he was lifting, so its something that just cant be argued against.

carver9
the hulk DID NOT LIFT any mountains. he braced it. get that thru your skull. so we dont' know exactly how much he lifted. but bracing isn't a strength feat according to you. all he did was act like a human pole. his durability was as much into play as his strength. according to you. he didn't move his arms up and lift anything out of the way. he just stood there with the mountain on his back.
oh and superman precrisis stories are cannon. if you didn't now. thanks.

but the thing about it is his arms was holding the weight up and his body wasnt supporting anything and also the narrator stated that he was lifting this amount. It cant get any clearer then that. Now, again I ask, can you show me something quoting a strength feat for superman with him standing on two feat lifting it up. I'll give you a number and see if you can trump it 150,000 tons. Show me that and I'll leave you alone (even though thats still weigh below hulk).

fangirl101
but the thing about it is his arms was holding the weight up and his body wasnt supporting anything and also the narrator stated that he was lifting this amount. It cant get any clearer then that. Now, again I ask, can you show me something quoting a strength feat for superman with him standing on two feat lifting it up. I'll give you a number and see if you can trump it 150,000 tons. Show me that and I'll leave you alone (even though thats still weigh below hulk).

you really aren't worth the time. I just showed you superman tossing a ship the size of the moon. if you think space makes the feat easy, you go and toss something the size of the moon in space. you know NOTHING about physics and inertia. It is harder to move something at a high speed that is at rest, than to just brace against the partial weight of something. I tire of you. i won't be responding any more in this line of debate.

Mr. Slippyfist
I wish I have a scanner but its his latest bio and in the hulk comic the narrator states that hulk is lifting this weight over his head, not supporting it.

The bio holds more weight then anything that you all conjur up and hulk lifting over 1 billion tons over his head isnt the biggest strength feat that was quoted for hulk but that is something that I just wanted to use because it actually STATES the size that he was lifting, so its something that just can be argued against. Oh OK... because I could tell he was lifting it over his head by the way it was supported on his back.

No. I could conjure up some doozies. Using actual feats that override bios.

So, how come Superman can't have feats that are higher than what he was quoted...
Even using a bio that I haven't seen it.

So, it can be argued against? confused

carver9
you really aren't worth the time. I just showed you superman tossing a ship the size of the moon. if you think space makes the feat easy, you go and toss something the size of the moon in space. you know NOTHING about physics and inertia. It is harder to move something at a high speed that is at rest, than to just brace against the partial weight of something. I tire of you. i won't be responding any more in this line of debate.

Im not trying to make you mad and I didnt say that the feat wasnt a good feat but it holds no weight because again how is he going to toss something the size of the moon when he couldnt move the moon in a comic years after that. Space and gravity had a lot to do with that. Answer this, if you traveled in space and there was some weights that weighed about 350 pounds but it was just floating around in space, do you think that you can budge it, do you even think that you'll be able to push it and make it float in a different direction. The thruster was busted on the ship so thats all superman had to do was push a ship that was basically floating there. Good feat but not as impressive as you make it.

carver9
Oh OK... because I could tell he was lifting it over his head by the way it was supported on his back.

No. I could conjure up some doozies. Using actual feats that override bios.

So, how come Superman can't have feats that are higher than what he was quoted...
Even using a bio that I haven't seen it.

So, it can be argued against? confused

Well I promise you its something that isnt made up but I agree since I dont have a way to post it then if I was you I wouldnt agree either.

It wasnt supported on his back and the narrator specifically said that he was lifting it up.

Can you show me some superman feats of him lifting something while standing that could be higher then his bio. I asked for proof but there isnt any yet. Im also going to say that hulk is stronger then thanos since thanos also dont have any feats that put him above hulk. By the way marvel made a scale that put each character in sections of strength and hulk was put with celestial which was over thanos. Again I know its from a bio but hulk has the feat in comics and the feat from a bio to prove that he is stronger.

Mr. Slippyfist
Well I promise you its something that isnt made up but I agree since I dont have a way to post it then if I was you I wouldnt agree either.

It wasnt supported on his back and the narrator specifically said that he was lifting it up.

Can you show me some superman feats of him lifting something while standing that could be higher then his bio. I asked for proof but there isnt any yet. Im also going to say that hulk is stronger then thanos since thanos also dont have any feats that put him above hulk. By the way marvel made a scale that put each character in sections of strength and hulk was put with celestial which was over thanos. Again I know its from a bio but hulk has the feat in comics and the feat from a bio to prove that he is stronger. Ya. I don't believe anything you say that's true ever since the last time Rorschach proved you wrong. Put up, or shut up.

OK. So, what is Hulk's back called? Because it was being used to support the weight.

No, because I said I don't care. Can you understand that?

Oh, I would like to see this 'scale'. Can you provide it?
And the mere fact that they put Hulk in the scale of the Celestials reeks of bullshit. Unless Celestials are incredibly weak compared to their blasts.

And this is based off the fact that Thanos doesn't lift anything? And what does this have to do with Superman/Hulk comparisons, other than the fact that you seem to be baiting me? Or does Hulk jump into this thread and solo everybody?

Anyway, bed.

jadervason
Listen, pal, the point is...force.

If he can push off of NOTHING and move the moon, I should think he can push off the ground and do the same.

carver9
Ya. I don't believe anything you say that's true ever since the last time Rorschach proved you wrong. Put up, or shut up.

OK. So, what is Hulk's back called? Because it was being used to support the weight.

And the mere fact that they put Hulk in the scale of the Celestials reeks of bullshit. Unless Celestials are incredibly weak compared to their blasts.

And this is based off the fact that Thanos doesn't lift anything? And what does this have to do with Superman/Hulk comparisons, other than the fact that you seem to be baiting me? Or does Hulk jump into this thread and solo everybody?

Anyway, bed.

laughing

Why do you think that Im trying to bait you and why when people debate it always have to turn to something negative. I dont care about the trolling crap, spamming, or whatever other term that you all use, I just come on here every now and then and just give my opinion.

Rorschach never proved me wrong about anything, I enjoy debating with him because he's one of the few that gets flaming mad and he's one of the best debators on here but he havent proven anything yet.

Well as long as the narrator say that the hulk is lifting something then you shouldnt argue against it. It didnt say his back was lifting it, the narrator said that hulk was lifting it.

I understand that but if you are debating a character being stronger then another character at least show some proof. I think that hulk is on a different level then superman when it comes to strength.

A celestial dont have to be weak to be compared to someone in hulk caliber since hulk dont have a limit with his strength. Hulk strength is limitless and he proven this by beating someone physically that was stated as being equal to a celestial and this was onslaught. It was stated that onslaught strength and powers match a celestial but hulk proved that he was stronger then onslaught.

Its not that thanos dont lift anything but there is nothing to prove that thanos is even close to hulks strength except him beating up on a calm hulk.

carver9
Listen, pal, the point is...force.

If he can push off of NOTHING and move the moon, I should think he can push off the ground and do the same.

I understand what you are saying but that is something that I dont agree with due to flight being involved. I guess you are basically saying that he has nothing with him standing on the ground to support your argument huh. Did you just want to quit talking about this and just get back to the battle. I think that thanos win this but he is going to be bloodied up after the fight.

carver9
Ya. I don't believe anything you say that's true ever since the last time Rorschach proved you wrong. Put up, or shut up.

Anyway, bed.

Hulk listed as having an enraged level strength of 20, but could reach at least 30 when highly enraged, the same as a Celestial. This can be compared to Thor and Juggernaut being listed at 19, Silver Surfer at 20, Thanos at 22, Destroyer at 24, and Surtur at 28.

This is from the marvel bio.

jadervason
I understand what you are saying but that is something that I dont agree with due to flight being involved. I guess you are basically saying that he has nothing with him standing on the ground to support your argument huh. Did you just want to quit talking about this and just get back to the battle. I think that thanos win this but he is going to be bloodied up after the fight.

I don't think we'll find scans if him holding up much more than a building or ocean liner.

starlock
Team for the easy win

Avlon
Why did the Thor/Superman vs Darkseid get closed for spite and yet this remains open?

Either Supes or Darkseid on their own is enough. Together it's overkill.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
Team for the easy win Nah. Thanos is above both characters. Together they put up a good fight but dont have enough to put him down. Thanos for the win,his durability is too great.

quanchi112
Why did the Thor/Superman vs Darkseid get closed for spite and yet this remains open?

Either Supes or Darkseid on their own is enough. Together it's overkill. The reason is because Thanos is on a higher level than both characters. Darkseid is an equal to Superman and could beat beaten by classic Thor. If its current Thor with the Thorforce he is above Darkseid. Thats why that one was shut down while this one isnt.

Thanos wins.

fangirl101
Originally posted by starlock
Team for the easy win

Soljer
Hulk listed as having an enraged level strength of 20, but could reach at least 30 when highly enraged, the same as a Celestial. This can be compared to Thor and Juggernaut being listed at 19, Silver Surfer at 20, Thanos at 22, Destroyer at 24, and Surtur at 28.

This is from the marvel bio.

Roleplaying Games aren't canon.

Using non-canon sources is against the forum rules and, quite frankly, makes you look like a moron that's trying to cheat a thread.

smile.

starlock
Originally posted by Soljer
Roleplaying Games aren't canon.

Using non-canon sources is against the forum rules and, quite frankly, makes you look like a moron that's trying to cheat a thread.

smile.

Its sad that they are not used,,but that does not stop people from using non canon sources anyway, at least i would trust a system that was made to be what theses boards want to be...i.m.o

Hes not a moron to me, to me he has the ability to try and use any information he can get, i agree its not to be used here, but i think they should be..and i think hes smarter and much more fair than most posters here

Allot of posters here dont want the truth, they want their interpertation of it.Writers go from comic to comic ,editors go at a slower rate, and there are so many inconsistencies not even bios can be trusted.but they try at least, do people really think that when they make a comic,that the writers care about who can really beat who lol, its about telling a story and making money

But we must follow the rules of the site, and thats the bottom line wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>