Not only is Cap back...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
....but there's 3 of him.

This is the place to discuss and place wagers on how and when Cap will return.

1. He showed up at the end of the most recent "Guardians of the Galaxy" issue trapped in an iceberg in space.

2. Skrull Invasion Cap. 'nuf said.

3. Avengers Invaders, a mini brought to us by Ross and others, seems to be in continuity. In it, WWII-era Cap and his buddies are time-warped to modern day Manhattan. They tussle with the Thunderbolts of the Initiative in the first issue.

4. All are false. He'll return another way.

smile

Symmetric Chaos
4) The his red, white and blue spirit/energy aspects will recombine while fighting some sort of giant.

ScarletSpeed
What is it wih cap being frozen?laughing out loud

I don't think it will be anything to do with the Skrulls, it is to obvious.

Darth Vicious
Wasnt there a descendant of Captain America in the original Guardians of the Galaxy? Could this guy be him?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Wasnt there a descendant of Captain America in the original Guardians of the Galaxy? Could this guy be him?

You thinking of Major Victory ?

Disappear
isn't there a captain america clone/reanimated corpse in captain america, too?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Disappear
isn't there a captain america clone/reanimated corpse in captain america, too?

Not sure, but you did remind me that someone said that Cap isn't dead, just in critical condition, and is being kept in stasis by SHIELD or Nick Fury or something

Can't remember for the life of me who said it, or in what issue.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not sure, but you did remind me that someone said that Cap isn't dead, just in critical condition, and is being kept in stasis by SHIELD or Nick Fury or something

Can't remember for the life of me who said it, or in what issue.

That may be true. I hope they tell us eventually

-K-M-
Yeah there's another Rogers in the Captain America series too

WrathfulDwarf
So practically Marvel got their "Reign of Superman" using Captain America.

Interesting....

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah there's another Rogers in the Captain America series too

I think it was already said(Newsarama I think) that the one in the Cap ongoing is not the real one.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
4) The his red, white and blue spirit/energy aspects will recombine while fighting some sort of giant. Hahahahha.

Yeah, why not make Captain Steel, America Boy, The Eradicator and Cyborg Captain America.

It was a decent storyline, why not read it again....in Marvel?

Soljer
I was going to mention the one in the Cap series, but was beaten to it.

Anyways, to answer Digi's question...

4. The original, real deal, no excuses Steve Rogers will come back to life somehow (or is still alive, somewhere). He'll be back in costume, with shield in a year or two, tops.

SevenShackles
all that crap over killing him off and now there is more of him around than ever. seriously. wtf.. cant they keep him dead a little without poking at the 'is he back?!' crap.

starlock
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

I think it is him as K-M pointed out, i bet hes in a containment suit wink

willRules
....but there's 3 of him.

This is the place to discuss and place wagers on how and when Cap will return.

1. He showed up at the end of the most recent "Guardians of the Galaxy" issue trapped in an iceberg in space.

2. Skrull Invasion Cap. 'nuf said.

3. Avengers Invaders, a mini brought to us by Ross and others, seems to be in continuity. In it, WWII-era Cap and his buddies are time-warped to modern day Manhattan. They tussle with the Thunderbolts of the Initiative in the first issue.

smile

There is the strange Cap who was discovered by Sharon Carter in one of Red Skull's bases in a recent Cap issue, Bucky is the new Cap, the body of the original Cap is floating around in the arctic somewhere and there is the black Cap who predates Rogers in WW2 and is really old now (his grandson is Patriot), on top of those you mentioned....

DigiMark007
Christ, so there's like 8 Cap's somewhere in Marvel continuity currently. Priceless.

laughing out loud

grey fox
Christ, so there's like 8 Cap's somewhere in Marvel continuity currently. Priceless.

laughing out loud

But wait ! There's more.

Dead Cap
Time Travel Cap
Floaty Stasis Cap
Frozen IN SPACE Cap
Spirit of 76
Patriot
Grand Director
Bob Russo
"Scar" Turpin
Roscoe
U.S. Agent
Bucky

Disappear
brubaker already said he wasn't going to let bendis mess with his "epic," so we know the secret invasion cap isn't the real cap. i doubt that whoever's writing guardians of the galaxy has ed's permission, too. so basically all we have to worry about in terms of "which cap is cap?" is whatever's happening in the captain america series itself.

ExodusCloak
In GotG things are entering 616 through holes, this could be a Capt from another reality.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
In GotG things are entering 616 through holes, this could be a Capt from another reality.

That's what I think too, somehow a chunk of ice on earth from back when Cap was frozen in it got sucked into 616 from an alternate earth

roughrider
brubaker already said he wasn't going to let bendis mess with his "epic," so we know the secret invasion cap isn't the real cap. i doubt that whoever's writing guardians of the galaxy has ed's permission, too. so basically all we have to worry about in terms of "which cap is cap?" is whatever's happening in the captain america series itself.

We'd all like to see Steve back, but why rush it? I'm interested to see how things go with Bucky as the new Cap.

Scoobless
Don't worry a Mephisto/Quesada team of ultimate evil will bring him back to life, erase his relationship with Sharon Carter and have him living with one of his female cousins, who is now really old, by the end of the year.... and he'll be illustrated by Loeb.

no expression

Superherovandal
theres a preview of Cap America 38 the ign comics section that reveals all about the Cap that we saw in 37.

Raoul

lets hope bendis does what he's told then, cos the last thing thats needed is bendis ruining any good work brubaker has done...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by roughrider
We'd all like to see Steve back

Speak for yourself.

crackers

Originally posted by Scoobless
Don't worry a Mephisto/Quesada team of ultimate evil will bring him back to life, erase his relationship with Sharon Carter and have him living with one of his female cousins, who is now really old, by the end of the year.... and he'll be illustrated by Loeb.

no expression

If this is a Spidey reference and refers to what they've done since OMD, I'll cry.

willRules
The scarred Cap will be revealed to be the Director in the next issue

Mr. Slippyfist
So... when are they bringing real Cap back?

Also... edit your title Digi. Spoilers. shifty

Avlon
"Reign of the Americans"

confused

Raoul
Originally posted by Avlon
"Reign of the Americans"

confused

doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Avlon
Originally posted by Raoul
doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Sounds like a bad newspaper headline. embarrasment

draxx_tOfU
Especially in North Korea, Iraq...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression

Don't forget that Bucky will buy his old favorite hang out place and everyone will forget that Steve is Captain America.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
4) The red, white and blue spirit/energy aspects will recombine while fighting some sort of giant. Patriotism! Mad skillz! Jobber aura! By your powers combined: I am Captain America?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Patriotism! Mad skillz! Jobber aura! By your powers combined: I am Captain America?

laughing

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Patriotism! Mad skillz! Jobber aura! By your powers combined: I am Captain America?

While humorous, he was referring to Superman Red/Blue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.