Does anyone on KMC Scuba Dive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kumar
(i'm not sure if this would go in the sports forum or not so Mods feel free to move it)

I'm on a Diving trip in Cozumel Mexico right now and i've met some really cool people who dive and are staying at the place that I'm staying. Its really cool. Then i got to thinking, who else that i know dives?
So, does anyone on here dive?
If so, how long have you been diving, how is the diving here you live and whats your favorite place that you've dove?

KidRock
Never done it but would love to. Seems like it would be amazing. You see any cool marine life?

Deja~vu
I used to dive in the Great Lakes. There are ship recks there. I've snuba dived in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I'd scuba there if I get over there again. There are some really Great dive trips! Just divers who charter a schooner of something simular...They have such a great time. I've always wanted to go.

Strangelove
Nope. Would love to try it though.

ragesRemorse
I've always wanted to go Scuba diving. I think it would be an incredible experience to Scuba over a coral reef. It would probably also be a nice skill to have to know how to Scuba. Sadly, i fear that my desire to learn how to Scuba will shrivel away in the things to do (that never actually get done) category.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've been diving for about 5 years, but I've only clocked up 20 dives. The best ones have all been in Palau, Micronesia. The shit you can see there is amazing...I was being circled by a Manta Ray in this underwater trench that was blown up through a giant reef to allow German warships to get through it in WWII! At another spot known as Big Drop Off, I was free diving with my girlfriend when I looked to my left and there was a 6ft Black Tip Reef shark about arms length from me! Managed to snap off a pic of it, too. Then I told my girl to get out...I told the captain about the shark, and he laughed and said that's why we were there! Went back in a little later, and at one point I had 3 sharks circling around me in about a 20ft radius. Pretty cool. I also did a couple of good dives around the Gili Islands off the coast of Lombok. Beautiful clear water, but crazy currents, yo.

dadudemon
I did some SCUBA diving when I was a Boy Scout. There's no badge for that one, I don't think, but it was fun.

I don't like how hard it is to breath underwater. You actually have to try with each breath because of the valves in the breathing apparatus.. That was just about the only complaint I had about it.

WrathfulDwarf
Never....I might drown.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've been diving for about 5 years, but I've only clocked up 20 dives. The best ones have all been in Palau, Micronesia. The shit you can see there is amazing...I was being circled by a Manta Ray in this underwater trench that was blown up through a giant reef to allow German warships to get through it in WWII! At another spot known as Big Drop Off, I was free diving with my girlfriend when I looked to my left and there was a 6ft Black Tip Reef shark about arms length from me! Managed to snap off a pic of it, too. Then I told my girl to get out...I told the captain about the shark, and he laughed and said that's why we were there! Went back in a little later, and at one point I had 3 sharks circling around me in about a 20ft radius. Pretty cool. I also did a couple of good dives around the Gili Islands off the coast of Lombok. Beautiful clear water, but crazy currents, yo.

wow

I mopped up dog pee yesterday.

I really need to start doing something.

Deja~vu
Yeah, like getting your PADI

Robtard

Nice and I'm envious, as I've kept a living reef at home, what you saw was a billion times more impressive.

I volunteer you as the new Crocodile Hunter, you met a Ray and lived.

Kumar
Yeah, i've seen some pretty cool stuff. Today we dove on this giant sunken Mexican Navy ship. Its about 140 feet long and we went all through it. Then when we came out there was a giant school of those little sardines like from Finding Nemo (you know, the ones that make the big face and talk to them).
We've seen some rays, a bunch of Barracuda, some big ass lobsters, an Octopus, a few sea turtles and countless tropical fish and cool reefs. Its pretty much as close as you can get to feeling like you're flying (like the superpower, not in an airplane >_&gtwink for now. Its great. I recommend it to anyone who likes the water.

chithappens

how much does all this cost?

=Tired Hiker=
I got certified in college in Monterey, California, but I never really kept doing it. And living in Las Vegas, well, there ain't much divin' here, unless it's balls deep into a crack whore.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by chithappens
how much does all this cost? To get certified doesn't cost very much. For me it was about 300 dollars.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Robtard
Nice and I'm envious, as I've kept a living reef at home, what you saw was a billion times more impressive.

I volunteer you as the new Crocodile Hunter, you met a Ray and lived.

Yeah, but those Manta Rays are nice little boys. They don't have those stingers that got ol' Steve.

Originally posted by chithappens
how much does all this cost?

It depends where you get your PADI license. I can imagine it costs something stupid in England or the US, but if you do it when you get over East, then the cost is pretty good. Thailand is probably the cheapest place to get it done, but where I live it only cost me about 150GBP (300US). Also, when I was in Palau, I was lucky enough to have a friend married to a dive guide. I was able to take the boat trips for free, and I only had to pay for the National Park license and the tank rental.

Originally posted by Kumar
Its pretty much as close as you can get to feeling like you're flying (like the superpower, not in an airplane >_&gtwink for now. Its great. I recommend it to anyone who likes the water.

If you really wanna get a sense of flight you should try free diving as far as you can, and then float up. THAT is amazing...

Rogue Jedi
(i'm not sure if this would go in the sports forum or not so Mods feel free to move it)

I'm on a Diving trip in Cozumel Mexico right now and i've met some really cool people who dive and are staying at the place that I'm staying. Its really cool. Then i got to thinking, who else that i know dives?
If so, how long have you been diving, how is the diving here you live and whats your favorite place that you've dove? I have a chronic fear of open bodies of water. I am making a trek to the Caribbean soon, and I have promised myself that I will confront my fears.

botankus
I got certified when I was 12. I loved doing it, but haven't done it since 2000.

Deja~vu
Just looking at the color fish alone is amazing. They're all around you but won't let you touch them.....God, I miss doing it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Just looking at the color fish alone is amazing. They're all around you but won't let you touch them.....God, I miss doing it.

Are you talking about Sally agian?

Deja~vu
laughing out loud

Now that would be a real trip!

I knew someone who did acid while sky diving. How could anyone submit themselves to that! OMG....LOL

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

Now that would be a real trip!

I knew someone who did acid while sky diving. How could anyone submit themselves to that! OMG....LOL

That could be a fast way to die.

Deja~vu
And yet they lived! Man, that would be something I'd never ever do. messed

Devil King
And yet they lived! Man, that would be something I'd never ever do. messed

don't be scared. Do it.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Devil King
don't be scared. Do it. You first...blink

Devil King
You first...blink

my athesma prevents it in most well-regulated circles. I wait on folks like yourself to show me it's safe.

Deja~vu
Well it's not going to be me. Nooooooo way. Tripping down a trip is too trippy for even me.

Devil King
Well it's not going to be me. Nooooooo way. Tripping down a trip is too trippy for even me.

Then i'll have to do it myself.

Rogue Jedi

If so, how long have you been diving, how is the diving here you live and whats your favorite place that you've dove? I am afraid of the open water, but later this year I am gonna scuba in the Caribbean.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Devil King
Then i'll have to do it myself. He must have tried it and didn't quite make it back... cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.