TPM Maul vs AOTC Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
sick This is a rematch.

on flat, level, unprovoking circumstances, who would win? due to the fact that ROTS obi wan vs TPM maul has turned into a petty squabble about how much rots obi wan pwnz tpm maul, and tpm kenobi is considered almost as good as maul, who would win here? sick

Blax_Hydralisk
Anoon wins, regardless.

Pyron_Knight
His technical skill is teh uberz.

Lord Knightfa11
haha too true.

darthsith19
Maul wins, he took out the order's finests swordsman, was called "one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history", killed Qui-Gon Jinn, who was one of the order's finest swordsmen, almost killed Sidious in a saber duel, and pwnd all of black sun at once. Kenobi got thrown off a roof by Jango Fett. got wasted by Dooku, and beat Maul with a lucky hit. I am not trying to downplay Kenobi here, but Maul is clearly superior.

Gideon
Maul would likely tear his shit up.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Gideon

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Gideon
this isn't maul vs his shit. This is maul vs him big grin

DARTH POWER
Well lets see... Maul kills many of the best trained killers and bounty hunters in the galaxy simultaneously when he takes out Balck Sun. and Kenbi has serious trouble against Jango Fett by himself.

So Maul Absolutely Kills Him. But not as easily as Dooku beat him.

and no tpm Obi WAS NOT almost a match for Maul!!!

Bardock42
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well lets see... Maul kills many of the best trained killers and bounty hunters in the galaxy simultaneously when he takes out Balck Sun. and Kenbi has serious trouble against Jango Fett by himself.

True. He wasn't "almost" a match for him. He just was one. In fact...he sliced him in two.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Bardock42
True. He wasn't "almost" a match for him. He just was one. In fact...he sliced him in two.

In that case OT Vaders a match for Sidious as he killed him..

and Quinlan Vos is a match for Sora Bulq because he killed him as well..

I cant believe I come on these forums just to hear daft arguments like that. I might as well go debate with any old dumb ass whose seen the films.

Lord Knightfa11
In that case OT Vaders a match for Sidious as he killed him..

and Quinlan Vos is a match for Sora Bulq because he killed him as well..

yep.

Man of Christ

two diffrent leagues.

saying that maul> aotc kenobi because maul beat anoon and qui gon is like saying that the spartans are better than the minutemen in the revolutionary war because the spartans crushed the athenians in the peloponesian war. and the minutemen had trouble with the brittish. my point being that sure maul was good BACK IN HIS TIME but do you have a concrete way of quantifying how far that would take him IN THE NOW. because the jedi council idd improve since TPM.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Man of Christ
two diffrent leagues.

saying that maul> aotc kenobi because maul beat anoon and qui gon is like saying that the spartans are better than the minutemen in the revolutionary war because the spartans crushed the athenians in the peloponesian war. and the minutemen had trouble with the brittish. my point being that sure maul was good BACK IN HIS TIME but do you have a concrete way of quantifying how far that would take him IN THE NOW. because the jedi council idd improve since TPM.

yes I largely agree with this.. Maul was great in his time.. but by ROTS there were just such powerful force and lightsaber wielders, that Maul wuldnt even make it into the top 5..

however unlike ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Kenobi just doesnt have any feats to show himself in Mauls league.. he went down agianst Dooku in a plain lightsaber duel too easily. Dooku didnt use his superior Force abilities agoinst Kenobi in ATOC. he didnt need to because he just easily outdueled him.

and I just dnt see Maul going down to Dooku that easily in a pure lightsaber duel.

Mauls feats.. defeating Anoon, Qui-Gon, and taking down Black Sun(which had many of the best trained killers in the Galaxy).

AOTC Kenobis feats ... ???? I dnt knw. iv not seen anything. He really struggled against Jango Fett, and was outduelled too easily by Dooku.

Man of Christ
do you think his saber skill ssuffered because he was in that transitional phase between ataro and soresu?

Sidi-Boy
I'll admit it; Maul wins. Not 'tear his shit up', as Gideon and Lieutenant said :P, but defeat him after a relatively difficult fight.

By AOTC, Obi-Wan was fairly impressive regarding his skills and all, but wasn't even acknowledged as one of the great masters of Soresu. Was he good? Yeah, you bet he was. Was Maul good? Yeah, you bet he was. Maul's skills are formidable- and while they wouldn't be a match for the ROTS incarnation of Obi-Wan, when he really established himself as one of the BEST Jedi in history, but his AOTC incarnation... well, Maul beats him. He's more impressive, if only by a slight margin.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Sidi-Boy
I'll admit it; Maul wins. Not 'tear his shit up', as Gideon and Lieutenant said :P, but defeat him after a relatively difficult fight.

By AOTC, Obi-Wan was fairly impressive regarding his skills and all, but wasn't even acknowledged as one of the great masters of Soresu. Was he good? Yeah, you bet he was. Was Maul good? Yeah, you bet he was. Maul's skills are formidable- and while they wouldn't be a match for the ROTS incarnation of Obi-Wan, when he really established himself as one of the BEST Jedi in history, but his AOTC incarnation... well, Maul beats him. He's more impressive, if only by a slight margin.

pure force fight outcome ?

DARTH POWER
do you think his saber skill ssuffered because he was in that transitional phase between ataro and soresu?

yeah i agree this could be the reason.. if you think about it he started from scratch again after TPM.. up until then he was just practicing Ataru, then after going up against Maul and seeing Qui-Gon die, he decided to switch to Soresu.

So by the looks of things by TPM he had just started to Master Soresu. And his Ataru was no better than his PM self.

Also remember Maul was a High Level Master of many lightsbaer forms, whilst at this stage Kenobi was not a High Level Master in any Form. However in his Soresu he was to make a vast improvement in the next 3 years.

DARTH POWER
pure force fight outcome ?

not sure.. not enough proof of how good either were with the force.

correct me if im wrong, but weve never seen either of these 2 do nething with the Force except the basic Force pushes and blocks.

I guess Kenobis Force feat to date was his stand off with Anakin. but Anakin lacked a lot of control over his awsome raw power, so its difficult to judge how impressive that was. also theres nothing to measure how strong Mauls Force push was in comparison to other jedis.

Man of Christ
i see your points

Superboy Prime
I think Kenobi should win.

Lord Tyranus
Ten years after TMP:

Kenobi and Master Windu are walking through the Jedi discussing the possible connection between the Sith and the political unrest in the senate when out of nowhere an old enemy comes down from the shadows...

Windu: "This is some phucked up republic sh!t!"

Kenobi: ". . ."

The mysterious figure was none other than Darth DaNThEmAn err...Maul.

More to come...

Lord Knightfa11
maul just kicks them into infinity, cause, lets face it, he discouraged teh most skilled guy in star wars enough to make him blow himself up.

Blax_Hydralisk
True.

Everyone knows that when you trigger the Darth Maul trap card, all monsters on the field's morale is reduced by two hundred life points!

Lord Knightfa11
wow. I played that game ONCE when i was 13. Good reference.

Lord Tyranus
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
True.

Everyone knows that when you trigger the Darth Maul trap card, all monsters on the field's morale is reduced by two hundred life points!

Lol yugio was the shit back in the day!

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Lord Tyranus
Lol yugio was the shit back in the day!

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Lord Tyranus
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

When your younger like yourself yea. Lol jus kiddin. Beer-pong is the game for the ages...

Lord Knightfa11
um... ookay.

You should try some video games.

Lord Tyranus
um... ookay.

You should try some video games.

SSBB!

Lord Knightfa11
lol good one. now plug in the wii and try it out lol.

Lord Tyranus
lol good one. now plug in the wii and try it out lol.

I'm amish. we don't have electricity. droolio

Blax_Hydralisk
Yu-Gi-Oh is actually starting to get popular again here.

It's California though, so... yeah.

Lord Tyranus
Yu-Gi-Oh is actually starting to get popular again here.

It's California though, so... yeah.

I'm from Cali too. I used to run a Toon deck...

Lord Knightfa11
california here too... Don't like ugeeo thou. Anyone play legend of ares?

Blax_Hydralisk
We're all from California?

It's a conspiracy.

Lord Knightfa11
stupid

Blax_Hydralisk
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/funny-1.gif

Lord Knightfa11
... not appropriate language.

REPORTED!

Lt. Valerian

pwnt.

Lord Saboteur

131 rofl, epic win.

On topic: I vote Maul.

Lord Knightfa11
youpi

Lord Saboteur
youpi That's not epic, that's just sad. Poor guy.

Lord Knightfa11
you should.

Blax_Hydralisk

Lord Knightfa11
Um, once funny, twice cute, three times Stupid as hell.

All three times innappropriate.

Lord Saboteur
Um, once funny, twice cute, three times Stupid as hell.

All three times innappropriate. The whole "Kill Yourself" antic is inappropriate as well, so stop trying to make yourself look decent.

Lord Knightfa11
its not dirty thou.

Lord Knightfa11
I mean it's a star wars forum. How many underage kids are there around here?

Oh wait, you should kill yourself isnt a good message for them either. i wish you could go back and edit without worrying about the 15 minute time limit.

Blax_Hydralisk
I, personally, only used it twice. So ha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.