Superman Turning Back The World Sequence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Superman's dad said It is forbidden for you to interfere with Human history so why did he turn back the world to save lois.

He broke the rules right ?

Endless Mike
Yep. The whole thing didn't make much sense

steverules
Originally posted by coolmovies
Superman's dad said It is forbidden for you to interfere with Human history so why did he turn back the world to save lois.

Since when did what his parents say really matter to him? confused No matter what they say he just does the opposite

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by coolmovies

well, what is his dad gonna do about it if Superman breaks the rules? For that matter, who COULD do anything bout it?

steverules
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well, what is his dad gonna do about it if Superman breaks the rules? For that matter, who COULD do anything bout it?

Give him the kryptonite belt, ground him and send him to his room

psycho gundam
most importantly, instead off turning back time he would have devastated the planet with the turbulence he caused.

all land masses would be covered in miles of ocean water...thanks superman.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by steverules
Give him the kryptonite belt, ground him and send him to his room

but his dad is dead stick out tongue

brainchild81
That was a horrible sequence. Where's the sense of urgency if whenever you fvck up you can just turn back time? Singer was an idiot not to start the franchise fresh

marwash22
Originally posted by psycho gundam
most importantly, instead off turning back time he would have devastated the planet with the turbulence he caused.

all land masses would be covered in miles of ocean water...thanks superman. please, lets not get into the physics of a comic book world.

roughrider
Originally posted by psycho gundam

all land masses would be covered in miles of ocean water...thanks superman.

He didn't literally spin the planet backward. It was just the visual trick of showing us he's going back in time.

As a kid watching this, I thought it was neat. As I got older, I realized it was just a somewhat cheap plot device known as "Deus ex machina."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina
To get out of a situation the filmmakers got cornered into.

I hear Richard Donner used "Deus ex machina" again for his Director's Cut of Superman II.

marwash22
Originally posted by roughrider
He didn't literally spin the planet backward. It was just the visual trick of showing us he's going back in time.

As a kid watching this, I thought it was neat. As I got older, I realized it was just a somewhat cheap plot device known as "Deus ex machina."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina
To get out of a situation the filmmakers got cornered into.

I hear Richard Donner used "Deus ex machina" again for his Director's Cut of Superman II. i thought it was understood that he went back in time by reversing the rotaton of the earth. In effect, going back in time because he changed the day it was for everyone.

Juntai
I'm pretty sure it was just a visual representation of him going so fast he began rewinding days. Not actually spinning the planet. He did that all the time in the old comics, fly in circles and time travel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.