Chewing contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Okay, these heroes have to chew their way through the corpse a special person to get the cosmic cube and save the universe, etc. Who makes it? The corpses have been rotting for roughly 3 months

Frank Castle - His wife
Spider-man - Gwen Stacy
Iron Fist - Misty
Tony Stark - Jarvis
Batman - Jason Todd and Tim Drake (They're both kids, so they count as half a corpse each)
Hulk - The Abomination
Thor - Sif
Black Bolt - Lockjaw

Let the chewing begin!

golem370
None of the humans could do it they die from the decomposed bodies

Scoobless
I suppose the Hulk would win .... though I feel fairly confident that we will never have to read the story to find out.

no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Hulk... easily. He's the only one who could be attributed to also killing his corpse.

psycho gundam
hulk and thor are the only capable of doing it(immunity to disease and toxins), but hulk would win as he is;

1) crazy enough to do it.
2)powerful enough to do it(and his mouth it gigantic)
3) biting through an enemy not a loved one to gain his prize.

oh, and three months decomposition would result in the bodies to be mostly bone so most of the humans lose by default. asgardians don't degenerate like humans do and the abomination is built like a hippopotamus with tank armour so 3 months won't do much but make him smell really bad.

Badabing
Originally posted by llagrok
Okay, these heroes have to chew their way through the corpse a special person to get the cosmic cube and save the universe, etc. Who makes it? The corpses have been rotting for roughly 3 months

Frank Castle - His wife
Spider-man - Gwen Stacy
Iron Fist - Misty
Tony Stark - Jarvis
Batman - Jason Todd and Tim Drake (They're both kids, so they count as half a corpse each)
Hulk - The Abomination
Thor - Sif
Black Bolt - Lockjaw

Let the chewing begin! I'll have to check the mod handbook to see if I can ban a person for being a sick bastich! uhuh

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
I'll have to check the mod handbook to see if I can ban a person for being a sick bastich! uhuh

You be careful.....greaseball.. peaches

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Badabing
I'll have to check the mod handbook to see if I can ban a person for being a sick bastich! uhuh

laughing oh man this is hilarious, Hulk by the way ftw! lol Wouldn't mind munching on gwen stacy if ya know what i mean wink

llagrok
Norman knows.

Symmetric Chaos

Frank Castle - His wife
Spider-man - Gwen Stacy
Iron Fist - Misty
Tony Stark - Jarvis
Hulk - The Abomination
Thor - Sif
Black Bolt - Lockjaw

Let the chewing begin!

Hulk. The others wouldn't even start to begin considering eating the corpses.

llagrok
They don't have to swallow, they just need to chew their way through.

Maybe I shouldn't have added the Hucster?

Lord Feron
yeah maybe you should just stop with the whole dead corpse thing lol (actually don't it's funny) beer

MightyEInherjar
Baring Hulk, I think Black Bolt and Iron Fist could do it.

nimbus006

Frank Castle - His wife
Spider-man - Gwen Stacy
Iron Fist - Misty
Tony Stark - Jarvis
Hulk - The Abomination
Thor - Sif
Black Bolt - Lockjaw

Let the chewing begin!

This is just groce buddy. sick

redhotrash
Shame Ultimate Hulk isnt here, he'd eat his corpse then ask the others if they are going to finish theirs

skygunner41
Originally posted by redhotrash
Shame Ultimate Hulk isnt here, he'd eat his corpse then ask the others if they are going to finish theirs

thumb up

Entity
Zombie Hulk laughs at them all.
Then eats them all. Living, dead, it doesn't matter!

jadervason
Hulk should be required to chew through another Hulk.

Soljer
The real question is...could the Hulk chew through himself to do so?

Could his jaw muscles beat his healing factor?

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer

Could his jaw muscles beat his healing factor? Same coin, could Hulk's teeth handle the enormous pressures which I'm sure his jaw muscles can produce? Or would they too constantly be breaking/regenerating?

Mr. Slippyfist

Could his jaw muscles beat his healing factor? His healing factor works after he dies?

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Same coin, could Hulk's teeth handle the enormous pressures which I'm sure his jaw muscles can produce? Or would they too constantly be breaking/regenerating?

I feel his teeth would be plenty durable to withstand biting through his own flesh, and likely even gnawing through his bones if need be.

Furthermore, as mentioned, I don't think he'd break his teeth on his own flesh, I think the question is whether or not he could chew fast enough to overcome his own healing factor - which would certainly be getting faster as he got angrier(who wouldn't be pissed to be forced to chew through themselves?) - but, simultaneously, he'd be able to chew faster as well, for becoming angrier.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
His healing factor works after he dies?

In some depictions, yes.

But I'm not talking about the Hulk chewing through a dead Hulk-clone.

I'm talking about a very much alive hulk trying to chew his way through his own abdomen or chest.

Galan007
I feel his teeth would be plenty durable to withstand biting through his own flesh, and likely even gnawing through his bones if need be. Guess I was just thinking of Ultimate Hulk. Seems like his teeth always break when he's pissed, meh.

Furthermore, as mentioned, I don't think he'd break his teeth on his own flesh, I think the question is whether or not he could chew fast enough to overcome his own healing factor - which would certainly be getting faster as he got angrier(who wouldn't be pissed to be forced to chew through themselves?) - but, simultaneously, he'd be able to chew faster as well, for becoming angrier. Catch 22.

Mr. Slippyfist
In some depictions, yes.

But I'm not talking about the Hulk chewing through a dead Hulk-clone.

I'm talking about a very much alive hulk trying to chew his way through his own abdomen or chest. After he's been rotting for three months?

Why would he do that? And swords have done it, Hulk could tear pieces off, he'd just regenerate.

Soljer
After he's been rotting for three months?

Why would he do that? And swords have done it, Hulk could tear pieces off, he'd just regenerate.

Did you miss the part where I said that I was talking about a fully-alive Hulk? Which part of 'alive' led you to believe he'd be capable of 'rotting' for months?

And, of course the Hulk would be able to penetrate his flesh, but I assume it'd take more than one bite to make his way through. If he took a bite, and instantly healed the bite wound he just made, he'd never be able to get through his torso.

The question is whether he can chew through his own flesh faster than he can heal it.

jadervason
This is hilarious. Hulk would be so mad that he couldn't chew fast enough because he was healing too quickly, which wouldn't help obviously. What's the name of that snake endlessly eating itself...

Unless Hulk is chewing through another Hulk, like I suggested, in which case I think he'd get pretty steamed at how bad he tastes...

psycho gundam
still can't believe this is still being debated.....meh.

Mr. Slippyfist
Did you miss the part where I said that I was talking about a fully-alive Hulk? Which part of 'alive' led you to believe he'd be capable of 'rotting' for months?

And, of course the Hulk would be able to penetrate his flesh, but I assume it'd take more than one bite to make his way through. If he took a bite, and instantly healed the bite wound he just made, he'd never be able to get through his torso.

The question is whether he can chew through his own flesh faster than he can heal it.

His healing factor works after he dies? Originally posted by Soljer
In some depictions, yes.

Could he instantly regenerate a Hulk sized bite piece?

Soljer
Could he instantly regenerate a Hulk sized bite piece?

Ah, I see, you were responding to a small piece of my post, rather than the actual idea.

In that case....there WAS a time when the Hulk, literally, sat rotting for quite some time. I believe it was long enough for plants to grow around and even THROUGH him. He very quickly healed back to his full stature.

As to your more recent question - I don't know. That's the question I'm posing.

He has a ridiculously fast healing factor. Would he be able to swallow/spit out a hulk-sized-bite of his flesh and take another before that hulk-sized-bite-wound healed?

Mr. Slippyfist
Ah, I see, you were responding to a small piece of my post, rather than the actual idea.

In that case....there WAS a time when the Hulk, literally, sat rotting for quite some time. I believe it was long enough for plants to grow around and even THROUGH him. He very quickly healed back to his full stature.

As to your more recent question - I don't know. That's the question I'm posing.

He has a ridiculously fast healing factor. Would he be able to swallow/spit out a hulk-sized-bite of his flesh and take another before that hulk-sized-bite-wound healed? I was responding to the part that was most relevant to the question I asked.

Was he dead?

I don't think he could heal fast enough to counteract himself taking bites out of himself. These are fat chunks of meat he would be taking out of himself after all. Unless he stops, then I believe he could chew through himself.

jadervason
I was responding to the part that was most relevant to the question I asked.

Was he dead?

I don't think he could heal fast enough to counteract himself taking bites out of himself. These are fat chunks of meat he would be taking out of himself after all. Unless he stops, then I believe he could chew through himself.

It's a Chinese finger trap, homey. Bruce Banner could do it, but the Hulk couldn't.

Soljer
I was responding to the part that was most relevant to the question I asked.

Was he dead?

I didn't mean to sound hostile, reading over my last post, I can see it may have come off that way. I was merely trying to explain my confusion. No worries.

And, you'd have to better define dead. His heart wasn't beating - and hadn't been for quite a considerable amount of time, that much is for sure. *shrug*

thumb up I can see why someone would think that. Likewise, I can see why someone would think he'd heal just as fast as he could bite. That's why I posed the question.

Zeitgeist
Hulk's super fast now.

Chewing vs. Healing...

Chewing ftw.

Mr. Slippyfist
I didn't mean to sound hostile, reading over my last post, I can see it may have come off that way. I was merely trying to explain my confusion. No worries.

And, you'd have to better define dead. His heart wasn't beating - and hadn't been for quite a considerable amount of time, that much is for sure. *shrug* OK.

Define dead?
Umm... no coming back?

Soljer
OK.

Define dead?
Umm... no coming back?

If your definition of dead is "no coming back," then your question is inane. It presents itself as "Can the Hulk come back from 'no coming back'?"

Mr. Slippyfist
If your definition of dead is "no coming back," then your question is inane. It presents itself as "Can the Hulk come back from 'no coming back'?" So, if it's presented as Hulk dead and rotting for three months, then we should assume that Hulk can heal, and come back to life?

And dead in my opinion is no coming back unless you're 'immortal' (or you have a hospital miracle).
Is there a problem?

OK.

Soljer
So, if it's presented as Hulk dead and rotting for three months, then we should assume that Hulk can heal, and come back to life?

And dead in my opinion is no coming back unless you're 'immortal' (or you have a hospital miracle).
Is there a problem?

OK.

It's been theorized that the Hulk is immortal.

Furthermore; I was never talking about a dead and rotting Hulk coming back to life. Why the hell are you even still on the topic? I was never even on the topic of the Hulk chewing through a dead Hulk for ****'s sake.

You asked if the Hulk's healing factor ever worked after he was dead, and I responded in the affirmative - because he's been, legally, dead before healing up to full health.

Later, you presented a different definition of death which makes your original question entirely unnecessary. If you define death as not coming back, why ask if the Hulk can come back from not coming back?

If you make him, by definition, not able to come back, why in the hell would he be able to come back?

Zeitgeist
no expression

TrollDog
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
no expression smile

jadervason

Furthermore; I was never talking about a dead and rotting Hulk coming back to life. Why the hell are you even still on the topic? I was never even on the topic of the Hulk chewing through a dead Hulk for ****'s sake.

You asked if the Hulk's healing factor ever worked after he was dead, and I responded in the affirmative - because he's been, legally, dead before healing up to full health.

Later, you presented a different definition of death which makes your original question entirely unnecessary. If you define death as not coming back, why ask if the Hulk can come back from not coming back?

If you make him, by definition, not able to come back, why in the hell would he be able to come back?

Is it possible for there to be a Hulk corpse that is non-revivable

Mr. Slippyfist

If you make him, by definition, not able to come back, why in the hell would he be able to come back? Nevermind.
I've been having a really off day.

Retract all previous statements.

I'll be back here when I figure out what I was thinking.

Soljer
Originally posted by jadervason
Is it possible for there to be a Hulk corpse that is non-revivable

The assumption, of course, is yes.

But, he's a comic book character. We know how comic book deaths are. He's healed anytime he's died thus far.

Soljer
Nevermind.
I've been having a really off day.

Retract all previous statements.

I'll be back here when I figure out what I was thinking.

No worries. Hope your day turns out better. thumb up.

Zeitgeist
No worries. Hope your day turns out better. thumb up. I was reading your criticism at SHC.

Major lulz ensued.

Soljer
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
I was reading your criticism at SHC.

Major lulz ensued.

Wha?

Mr. Slippyfist
No worries. Hope your day turns out better. thumb up. Thanks.

I can't even follow what I was saying (for the first time ever). You must have been confused as hell.

Must have been from the 'no face' girl...

Just going to read some comics, and watch some fights (as I can't go out... stupid cast).

Zeitgeist
Wha? Just search "KMC" at SHC.

It's pretty much all bashing of you.

I figure I'll go post there a bit later. Can't let you have all the fun.

Soljer
Thanks.

I can't even follow what I was saying (for the first time ever). You must have been confused as hell.

Must have been from the 'no face' girl...

Just going to read some comics, and watch some fights (as I can't go out... stupid cast).

Cast? What happened?

psycho gundam
Wha? you're supposedly the second stupidest poster there.

Soljer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you're supposedly the second stupidest poster there.

Considering the quality of poster there judging me....

I'll take it as a compliment.

Mr. Slippyfist
Cast? What happened? Broke my ankle over three weeks ago. Fell on it.

Crutches are annoying, and tiring when you're on them all day. My other knee feels like it's going to explode, and for some reason, my ankle still hurts. I just want to take this thing off though.

MightyEInherjar
In Dogs of War, the gamma dogs took out huge "Hulk Dog" sized bites out of Hulk in one panel, and one panel later they'd be almost completely healed. I'm thinking he'd have a tough time eating through himself.

jadervason
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
In Dogs of War, the gamma dogs took out huge "Hulk Dog" sized bites out of Hulk in one panel, and one panel later they'd be almost completely healed. I'm thinking he'd have a tough time eating through himself.

It'd be hilarious to watch, though.

Lord Feron
Broke my ankle over three weeks ago. Fell on it.

Crutches are annoying, and tiring when you're on them all day. My other knee feels like it's going to explode, and for some reason, my ankle still hurts. I just want to take this thing off though. try and get a wheel chair, maybe. I have Crutches to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.