Comic Characters Written & Drawn Poorly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilTyrant
Hello everyone, just making a forum for everyone who doesn't like the way there favorite characters is being portrayed in comics. I got a few things I don't like:
1) Wolverine - everytime I read the old comics I see how Wolverine was compared to now. Today he looks either 80 years old or like a bum. I think Sabretooth says it right when he says he's gone soft. Also, in the past he would always be more cunning and you would see his speed and fighting skill more. Today he fights dumb, for ex. in the WWH arc he jumps right at Hulk and Gets Grabbed!! The one thing he used to always go by was never let the Hulk get a hold of you, but not today, or maybe he was just trying to save Collosus. I also miss the old style boots and the brown costume. Recently in two of his comics he got shot in the face twice which rendered him unconscious. Again, he would always say that he wont get beat the same way twice.
2) Sabretooth - with creed I miss the animal look he had before with the Lion like mane around his neck. Now he just looks like a soldier. He was also portrayed as having fighting skill on par with Wolverine & Captain America, nowadays I don't know what happened.
3) Deadpool - In the old days he was a beast, you knew when he showed up in X-Force there was gonna be hell. Today he jokes alot, which I like but before he just seemed way more bad ass. I miss the old Deadpool.
4) Marvel Artist - who the hell is Marvel hiring to draw this stuff? Ray Charles ? Jim Lee come back!! Marc Silvestri, the Kuberts

Genosha
The Deadpool they ran in Exiles was a good combination of funny and dark, but I thought he was beaten a little too easily. Deadpool was sort of reinvented as an antihero for his first solo comic. I haven't read his old stuff, but I guess they didn't make the tranistion too easy for him.

As for Logan, I think the rational is that, with his increasingly potent healing factor, he takes more risks. I've always thought of him as a loose cannon though.

I have to say, I like the AoA/Exiles Sabertooth a lot more than the origional. Both the look and the personality. I always thought he was over the top and not much of a challenge. Sort of like the Juggernaut, but not as tough.

Talking about characters that were portrayed badly, Wisdom in New Excalibur was useless, and Nocturn went from a badass to a teenybopper.

And I'm probably the only one, but I liked Blink soft and squishy. They tried to balance her leadership style with some of that softness, but I still think of her as a lot more passive than that.

EvilTyrant
Another character comes to mind now, that I really hate to look at, ever since they changed him because of something with his mutation and that is Beast. He looks ridiculous now, I miss the old beast. I'm hoping that the Beast that came thru the portal with Captain America and the others in the New Avengers skrull comic is the real Beast.

ricochet_rita
one thing that bothers me is ultron... why does he always seem to get the short end of the stick? for all his potential he gets written into some of most rediculous defeats: daredevil beating him? hmm not likely but it happened... beat him by by clubbing him after hitting him with his clubs. didnt this happen more than once? all of his losses seem to be circumstancial were he should be clobbering hes getting clobbered. what gives?

EvilTyrant
I thought Ultron was covered in Adamantium? Or did Daredevil use his radar to pinpoint his weak points and know where to strike?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.