Cherry Darling versus Black Mamba.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Cherry Darling with her M4A1 assault rilfle with grenade launcher, pitted against Black Mamba, armed with twin 9mm automatics and sword. The battle takes place on a loading dock at night, with numerous places to hide. Who wins?

Strangelove
I'm with Kiddo. Yes, Cherry had an assault rifle for a leg, but Beatrix has had years of elite combat training and could easily overcome Cherry's adapted pole-dancing technique.

Rogue Jedi
My initial thoughts too, but look back at Mamba's fighting record. The fights she won, her opponent had no gun, and when she fought Bud, he pwned her with a double barrel shotgun. Copperhead should have had her, but she made the mistake of shooting through the cereal box, throwing off the trajectory of the bullet.

Strangelove
That's idiotic. Those were fights between deadly assassins who had worked together for years and could probably sense or inuit the others' moves.

To get a real reference you need to look at Kill Bill Vol. 1, where she owned approximately 60-70 relatively inexperienced swordsmen (much like Cherry hardly knows what she's doing) and hardly blinking an eye.

Cherry doesn't have a chance.

Rogue Jedi
And had one of those crazy sword wielding maniacs had a gun, Mamba would have been toast.

Strangelove
See, the thing is, they wouldn't. That's not the point. Whether someone in the Crazy 88 might have wielded a gun has nothing to do with anything.

Pit a supremely talented and rigorously trained assassin against a former pole dancer who happens to have a machine gun for a leg, and you get a pretty easy kill for the Bride.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
See, the thing is, they wouldn't. That's not the point. Whether someone in the Crazy 88 might have wielded a gun has nothing to do with anything.

Pit a supremely talented and rigorously trained assassin against a former pole dancer who happens to have a machine gun for a leg, and you get a pretty easy kill for the Bride. Yeah, cuz Darling TOTALLY didnt take to it like a duck to water. She didnt know what she was doing at all.

We all saw what happened to Mamba when someone was smart ebough to pull a gun, and what happened with her and Bud, her getting pwned, I could have done that just as easy as he did.

Strangelove
You'd have had to know she was coming, for one thing. Which you wouldn't unless you had worked alongside her for ages.

Face it dude, Cherry's impressive and all, but she doesn't have the ovaries to take on Kiddo and prevail.

Rogue Jedi
You'd have had to know she was coming, for one thing. Which you wouldn't unless you had worked alongside her for ages.

Face it dude, Cherry's impressive and all, but she doesn't have the ovaries to take on Kiddo and prevail. Cherry wouldnt have to know she is coming, they are facing off against each other. Unless Mamba gets in close with her sword, or fires before Cherry unleashes with her FAR superior firepower, she stands to lose.

Strangelove
Remember the hotel room scene in Kill Bill 2? Kiddo is a superior marksman, and two legs are a lot faster than a leg and big hunk of metal (also taking into account Kiddo's cat-like reflexes and agility). Either of the scenarios you describe:

are entirely possible. In fact, more likely that Cherry actually getting off a shot before Kiddo takes her out.

You're arguing the losing side.

Rogue Jedi
Remember the hotel room scene in Kill Bill 2? Kiddo is a superior marksman, and two legs are a lot faster than a leg and big hunk of metal (also taking into account Kiddo's cat-like reflexes and agility). Either of the scenarios you describe:

are entirely possible. In fact, more likely that Cherry actually getting off a shot before Kiddo takes her out.

You're arguing the losing side. Well, we are talking as if they know about each other, know what the other is capable of, yes?

Strangelove
....no?

Rogue Jedi
....no? I think all of these threads, this one especially, make for a more interesting fight if the opponents are halfway familiar with each other.

Strangelove
Well I wasn't aware that was part of the battle.

Regardless, Cherry doesn't have the wherewithal to counter anything Kiddo can do, no matter how familiar she is with Mamba. If Kiddo gets in close enough where Cherry's machine gun is useless (which she would without breaking a sweat), Cherry could do nothing to stop Kiddo. Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. Cherry's dead. Kiddo wins.

Rogue Jedi
Well I wasn't aware that was part of the battle.

Regardless, Cherry doesn't have the wherewithal to counter anything Kiddo can do, no matter how familiar she is with Mamba. If Kiddo gets in close enough where Cherry's machine gun is useless (which she would without breaking a sweat), Cherry could do nothing to stop Kiddo. Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. Cherry's dead. Kiddo wins. Well, remember the scene in PT when Cherry uses the grenade launcher to propel herself over the wall? All she would have to do is the same, but backwards, firing as she went. I really dont see Mamba winning that easily.

Strangelove
See what you want, I see a pretty short battle.

Rogue Jedi
See what you want, I see a pretty short battle. So, if Cherry does what I just said, what is Mambas reaction?

Strangelove
...run up and kill her. no expression

Rogue Jedi
...run up and kill her. no expression While Cherry is 40 to 50 feet in the air, moving away from her, firing away with her machine gun? AND firing more grenades?

Strangelove
roll eyes (sarcastic) You really must get a hard on from dragging out shit.

Bottom line - no matter what happens, I believe that Beatrix Kiddo will win in the end. Most people would agree. I've given my reasons, and your reason (singular) is that Cherry has a machine for a leg. She is hopelessly outmatched against a master assassin like Black Mamba.

I'm done.

Rogue Jedi

Bottom line - no matter what happens, I believe that Beatrix Kiddo will win in the end. Most people would agree. I've given my reasons, and your reason (singular) is that Cherry has a machine for a leg. She is hopelessly outmatched against a master assassin like Black Mamba.

I'm done. I aint dragging shit out, I already said if Mamba gets in close, it's over, but she has to get close. If Cherry knows what Mamba can do to her up close and personal, FWOOMP.....a second later she is flying through the air backwards, unleashing a hail of auto fire on Mamba.

In this case, Mamba had better take cover, or duck and roll, firing as she does so, or she is finished. NO ONE can dodge the amount of fire that Cherry's leg can spew forth, Master assassin or not.

Strangelove
I'm done. What he said ermm

From what I can tell, these threads are meant to discuss who would win in a fight, not to analyze every move one character could or might possibly make and then how the other combatant would react. I don't have that kind of time or patience.

Beatrix Kiddo wins. End of story. Me and this thread are parting ways now.

Rogue Jedi
What he said ermm

From what I can tell, these threads are meant to discuss who would win in a fight, not to analyze every move could or might possibly make and then how the other combatant would react. I don't have that kind of time or patience.

Beatrix Kiddo wins. End of story. Me and this thread are parting ways now. You have to include their strengths and weaknesses, and you are acknowledging Mamba's, but ignoring Cherry's. If it were you, and you knew what Mamba can do with her knife/sword, would YOU allow her to get close?

BTW: This forum, all these threads, they are CERTAINLY about analyzing every move each combatant would do.

Good show. thumb down

Strangelove
I made my case. I honestly don't think Cherry has any strengths beyond the machine gun attached to her leg. And against a master assassin, that's just not enough.

I'm sorry you don't agree, but that's the way things happen Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
BTW: This forum, all these threads, they are CERTAINLY about analyzing every move each combatant would do. To you maybe. To me it's a lot of idle speculation that ends up going nowhere.

Rogue Jedi
Translation: You have no argument as to how Mamba would react if Cherry did what I said she'd likely do.

Strangelove
If that's what you want to believe

Rogue Jedi
Just saying that we have to include all of their strengths and all possible scenarios. If you dont wanna do that, then perhaps you shouldn't post at all here.

Strangelove
A scenario isn't a strength or weakness. It's a scenario.

Fine, I'll play along. Assuming Cheery even had time to react after Mamba did the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique (which I doubt), I don't think she'd have the foresight to use the grenade launcher to propel herself into the air.

And it wouldn't even matter. Five steps and she's dead.

Rogue Jedi
A scenario isn't a strength or weakness. It's a scenario.

Fine, I'll play along. Assuming Cheery even had time to react after Mamba did the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique (which I doubt), I don't think she'd have the foresight to use the grenade launcher to propel herself into the air.

And it wouldn't even matter. Five steps and she's dead. Thats the point. Cherry knows about the five point BS, she knows what Mamba can do to her up close, and will ready to evade. And of course she will have the foresight to propel herself in the air, it's really only her only option to begin the fight.

If Mamba gets inside her guard, she's dead.

Strangelove
BS? It's BS now?

Well fine then. Using her superior marksmanship, Mamba uses her 9mms and kills Cherry immediately.

Mamba for the win.

Rogue Jedi
BS? It's BS now?

Well fine then. Using her superior marksmanship, Mamba uses her 9mms and kills Cherry immediately.

Mamba for the win. Is Mamba's marksmanship displayed in the movies? Is there a scene where she is depicted as a dead eye shot?

Strangelove
Well considering her years of training, and her fame among the assassins of the world, plus the one line in Volume 2 where she refers to herself as Annie Oakley, it can be inferred that she's a pretty good shot, if not a dead eye.

More than enough to take Cherry out before she can lift that cannon on her leg.

Röland
Holy shit, my eyes crossed after reading this whole argument.

Kiddo would easily handle Cherry.

As far as Cherry propelling herself in the air... With Kiddo's extensive training, not to mention the things that Bill most likely taught her while they were together, she would easily shoot Cherry once she was in the air.

Rogue Jedi
I am sure it's easy to take careful aim on someone as they unleash full auto fire AND grenades on you.

Yeah, thats simple.

Röland
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am sure it's easy to take careful aim on someone as they unleash full auto fire AND grenades on you.

Yeah, thats simple.
Ok.

So Cherry goes up in the air, "unleashes" some firepower at Kiddo, Kiddo dodges then takes Cherry out.

Rogue Jedi
That easy?

Strangelove

Röland
That easy?
I believe so.

Kiddo - trained assassin, killed 60 - 80 people by herself and trained by a guy who could kill a person with one hand.

Cherry - gun for a leg, new to fighting.

Seems real one-sided to me.

McLovin

I get hard for you, Jangles.

Kiddo FTW.

Cherry wins if it's a BJ contest, or jumping.

Derp, derp.

ragesRemorse
Mamba has had advanced weapons and hand to hand training. Cherry darling can't even run and with a metal leg, she would give her position away as soon as she takes a step

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Mamba has had advanced weapons and hand to hand training. Cherry darling can't even run and with a metal leg, she would give her position away as soon as she takes a step giving her position away isnt a factor, its a FACE OFF.

Strangelove
New to killing or not, she is pretty damn efficient at it.
Lets say its you against Kiddo, and you have the machine gun. You gonna let her get close, or are you gonna back away and unload on her? Given Kiddo's marksmanship, I don't really think Cherry gets a chance to do anything. Headshot. Mamba for the win.

Rogue Jedi
Given Kiddo's marksmanship, I don't really think Cherry gets a chance to do anything. Headshot. Mamba for the win. Link me a scene where Mamba displays this type of accuracy, youtube it. If not, you are just assuming.

Strangelove
There isn't a scene, and I am assuming. But it's a valid assumption, seeing as she's a world-famous master assassin.

Rogue Jedi
There isn't a scene, and I am assuming. But it's a valid assumption, seeing as she's a world-famous master assassin. Its a very valid assumption, very well stated, but thats all it is, an assumption. Just as me saying Cherry would have the presence of mind to go airborne and unleash hell on Mamba is an assumption.

If it was up to me, they'd strip down to their panties for a tickle fight.

Strangelove
Straight men roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
would you be more comfortable if we were talking about Jack Sparrow and Will Turner?

McLovin
Straight men roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wish they can all be white flight attendants.

Hiv negative of course.

Strangelove
would you be more comfortable if we were talking about Jack Sparrow and Will Turner? Actually no; Orlando Bloom is a stupid pretty boy. Originally posted by McLovin
Wish they can all be white flight attendants.

Hiv negative of course. Now you're talking

Rogue Jedi
Actually no; Orlando Bloom is a stupid pretty boy. Tyler Durden then.

Strangelove
Better.

But seriously. Mamba wins.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't.

Röland
Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't.
She does.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe she does, maybe she doesnt. You are assuming, as am I.

Röland
New to killing or not, she is pretty damn efficient at it.
Lets say its you against Kiddo, and you have the machine gun. You gonna let her get close, or are you gonna back away and unload on her?
Kiddo is even more efficient at it.

So, how is Cherry supposed to back away? Is she gonna hop? Or just gimp backwards?

Röland
Maybe she does, maybe she doesnt. You are assuming, as am I.
All of these "versus" threads are assuming.

All Cherry has is her machine gun, that's it. She can't move that fast with it. If she gets in close Kiddo can take her out in a second. Cherry might have a gun, but like it's been said before, if this is a face off Kiddo raises her arm and takes her out. Cherry has to reposition her body stance to use her weapon.

Rogue Jedi

Röland
did you SEE Planet terror?
Yes. I saw Grindhouse in theaters numerous times.

I know what you are talking about, the whole "shoot grenade into ground to propel her in the air", which was pretty lame when she did it in the movie considering she should have killed herself when she did it.

But when she gets in the air she can't just start firing away because she would have no accuracy, unless she shot just grenades, which Kiddo could avoid with no sweat. So with the time it would take her to properly aim her leg and get off some shots at Kiddo, Kiddo would take her out.

Rogue Jedi

Röland
Easily avoid grenades? laughing Riiiiiiiiiiight.....theres no blast radius at all.

And why cant she just fire away? Thats what automatic weapons are designed for, firing away.

You make it sound as if Kiddo can dodge bullets and shit.
So you don't think that once Cherry "launches" herself into the air that Kiddo isn't going to start moving?

She can fire away all she wants, but like I just said Kiddo is going to start moving so Cherry isn't going to be hitting much until she corrects her aim. Automatic weapons aren't designed for just "firing away", they were designed to have a greater rate of fire from the first automatic rifles that only had 5 or 10 shot clips. You ever wonder why people in the military are taught to fire one round at a time? Because just "firing away" causes great inaccuracy.

I really actually don't. I'm going by common sense, she isn't going to just stand there and let Cherry blast away.

My opinion is Kiddo easily wins this. I'm done with this debate because it's futile to keep this argument going.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi
How do you think Tony Montana was able to last so long in this firefight? He didnt win, but he took out a whole lot of Colombians:

s-HL3H_0z8k

I counted about 20 to 25 Colombians killed. How, despite his insane cocaine binge? SUPERIOR FIREPOWER.

Strangelove
I aint saying Kiddo CANT win, I am just saying it wont be an easy battle for whoever wins. I think you give Cherry too much creditOriginally posted by Rogue Jedi
How do you think Tony Montana was able to last so long in this firefight? He didnt win, but he took out a whole lot of Colombians:

s-HL3H_0z8k

I counted about 20 to 25 Colombians killed. How, despite his insane cocaine binge? SUPERIOR FIREPOWER. wrong thread?

Rogue Jedi
I think you give Cherry too much credit wrong thread? Not the wrong thread, its a visual on how superior firepower can overcome the odds. How long would have Tony have lasted had he had a pistol? Hmm? Cherry has WAY superios firepower, man.

Yeah, I know, its complete BS in your eyes, but then again most is.

Strangelove
Oh, I thought you were just accidentally putting a Tony Montana thread in here stick out tongue. There is a Tony Montana vs. someone thread, so you see my error.

Cherry has superior firepower, yes, I've never argued that point. But Kiddo has superior marksmanship and I believe she would win this battle relatively easily.

Rogue Jedi
Oh, I thought you were just accidentally putting a Tony Montana thread in here stick out tongue. There is a Tony Montana vs. someone thread, so you see my error.

Cherry has superior firepower, yes, I've never argued that point. But Kiddo has superior marksmanship and I believe she would win this battle relatively easily. See, I dont get that. I dont get the "easy" part. I have no problem acknowledging Mamba is a superior fighter, but she is WAY outgunned.

Strangelove
See, my point is that Kiddo is a master assassin (I think I've said that plenty), and being outgunned isn't a significant obstacle for a master assassin.

Rogue Jedi
Being outgunned is an obstacle for anyone, man. Did you see what happened to Leon in the professional? What he was forced to do to escape? he was outgunned.

Strangelove
When I used the qualifier "significant", I was in fact acknowledging that it was an obstacle. Just not a big one.

Rogue Jedi
Huge or no, it still gives Cherry the advantage is terms of firepower.

Strangelove
But Kiddo has the advantage of skill, which in the end is a much bigger (and more important) advantage than firepower.

Rogue Jedi
I believe it evens the playing feild, Mamba being a better killer, versus Cherry having more firepower, not to mention being more athletic.

Strangelove
Evens the playing field? Not by a long shot. Cherry has too many deficiencies to even the playing field just by having a machine gun for a leg. I'd even point out that it hurts more than helps, seeing as it extremely hampers her mobility, and she needs to take the time to lift it to shoot.

Rogue Jedi
Chances are that if Beatrix messes around and allows Cherry to distance herself, mobility wont be an issue.

Strangelove
May I point out for the umpteenth time that Beatrix is a MASTER ASSASSIN. She wouldn't "mess around".

Rogue Jedi
Tell me, how is she gonna get close to Cherry once Cherry opens up on her? If you failed to notice, Cherry was pretty damn deadly with that assault rifle.

Strangelove
She doesn't need to get close, remember? Twin 9mms make it pretty easy for Kiddo to take out Ms. Darling without too much trouble.

Rogue Jedi
Even easier if she had an M4A1 assault rifle wih grenade launcher.

Strangelove
Well now you're just being silly.

Rogue Jedi
Right back atcha.

Impediment
I say Cherry gets another leg chopped off.

Beatrix would fillet her, hands down.

Rogue Jedi
M4 on one leg, AK47 on the other?

Strangelove
Now you're just being ridiculous.

Röland
M4 on one leg, AK47 on the other?
What?

Rogue Jedi

Strangelove
Imp was just saying that Beatrix would win easily, not that Cherry gets another weapon for the leg.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, I realize that. That was me jokingly not agreeing.

Strangelove
...oh

Cherry would still get trounced.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.