lol assassination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24673570/

-lQJexev5EI

this is appalling....oh wait...its a republican? oh then lol its just light hearted humor.

Blax_Hydralisk
I don't see the problem with it.

My prediction is that if Obama wins he'll be killed anyway.

Rogue Jedi
Nothing funnier than joking about someone being killed.

BackFire
I was really very surprised by this. Despite my disagreements with him, Huckabee always seemed like a nice, decent guy, and I do think he is. This was just a really really dumb joke that he probably immediately regretted when he realized what he said and what was implied.

I don't think he meant what came out, and he has apologized, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

And Blax, that's exactly what is problematic with this statement. That's something that's kinda in the back of EVERYONE's mind, that Obama stands a very real chance of being murdered. As everyone who champions on inspiration and hope always seems to end up on the wrong side of some crazy somewhere, and this 'joke' brought those feelings into the limelight and could possibly be the fuel needed by some nutjob to go after Obama.

KidRock
Wanna know whats funny? Another thread made by a tight assed democrat attacking republicans..hillaaaarious!

Schecter
Originally posted by KidRock
Wanna know whats funny? Another thread made by a tight assed democrat attacking republicans..hillaaaarious!

get cancer

Originally posted by BackFire
I was really very surprised by this. Despite my disagreements with him, Huckabee always seemed like a nice, decent guy, and I do think he is. This was just a really really dumb joke that he probably immediately regretted when he realized what he said and what was implied.

I don't think he meant what came out, and he has apologized, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

And Blax, that's exactly what is problematic with this statement. That's something that's kinda in the back of EVERYONE's mind, that Obama stands a very real chance of being murdered. As everyone who champions on inspiration and hope always seems to end up on the wrong side of some crazy somewhere, and this 'joke' brought those feelings into the limelight and could possibly be the fuel needed by some nutjob to go after Obama.

i dont know. this kinda goes beyond a blanket statement of "sorry of i offended blah blah". i mean, wow that was ****ing dark considering, as you said, obama probably has the highest chance of any candidate besides lincoln of meeting a bullet (and less then john and bobby kennedy)

classic
Oh snap! *snaps*

KidRock
Originally posted by Schecter
get cancer

Go die in a fire.

Schecter
Originally posted by KidRock
Go die in a fire.

no problem. as long as you rot from the inside

BackFire
get cancer

i dont know. this kinda goes beyond a blanket statement of "sorry of i offended blah blah". i mean, wow that was ****ing dark considering, as you said, obama probably has the highest chance of any candidate besides lincoln of meeting a bullet (and less then john and bobby kennedy)

I agree a more personal apology should be issued.

But, this was at the NRA. And it sounded like everyone was kinda making fun of Obama as it was obviously a very republican gathering. So, when that chair fell over I think Huckabee probably attempted to ad lib a little joke about both guns (since this was the NRA) and Obama (since everyone was making fun of him) and it just came out really really realllllly bad. Huckabee really doesn't strike me as a guy who would purposely do something like this.

Schecter
i dont know if i share that hopefullness. its kind of hard to stumble upon an assassination joke imho, especially at an nra convention minutes after going on about how guns do not promote violence and murder. i mean, how hard is it to avoid a gag about a presidential candidate being shot?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
He dove for the floor? WHAT AN IDIOT!

Great joke. Really knows how to tell 'em.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

My prediction is that if Obama wins he'll be killed anyway. if Obama is elected President he doesn't have any higher chance of getting assassinated than any other President.

jaden101
cant possibly remember the number of times people have said, in jest or otherwise, that Bush should be assassinated, on these forums

irony?...hypocrisy?...or is it just that Huckabee is a public figure that bothers people?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by jaden101
cant possibly remember the number of times people have said, in jest or otherwise, that Bush should be assassinated, on these forums

irony?...hypocrisy?...or is it just that Huckabee is a public figure that bothers people?

Nominee for post of the year.

KidRock
Getting your panties in a bunch and making a big deal about making an assassination joke yet having "LOL RAPE" above your name at the same time.

Oh wait..your a liberal? Never mind..just hypocritical bullshit as usual.

BackFire
I don't think it's unreasonable to hold politicians to higher standards than some random douchebags on a movie message board. Maybe that's just me, though.

jaden101
so what constitutes a "higher standard" in relation to sense of humour?

just curious

and from your comment i gather that the joke itself isn't what bothers you...just who said it?

i get the distinct impression if it had been a democrat making a joke about Bush then this thread would most certainly have a different tone to it....just from what i've read on the forum over the last few years

BackFire
No politician should joke about another politician being shot/killed. Democrat, Republican; doesn't matter. Just a dumb and tasteless thing to say.

Again, the reason why it's doubly problematic in this case is because most people feel that Obama does have a heightened danger about him, with his message and aura and all - what with championing on hope AND being the first black man who may actually become president, the number of people who may WANT to kill him may increase because of both of those factors.

But again, it is entirely wrong for any politician to joke about another politician being shot.

And it's both who said it and the joke itself. You expect shit like that to be said on message boards and the like because people say stupid shit on message boards because of the anonymity that the internet warrants. However, it still would have been in poor taste and ultimately a stupid thing to say. The fact that it came from a politician just makes it worse.

lord xyz
Hehe, you said ass...twice.

jaden101
No politician should joke about another politician being shot/killed. Democrat, Republican; doesn't matter. Just a dumb and tasteless thing to say.

Again, the reason why it's doubly problematic in this case is because most people feel that Obama does have a heightened danger about him, with his message and aura and all - what with championing on hope AND being the first black man who may actually become president, the number of people who may WANT to kill him may increase because of both of those factors.

But again, it is entirely wrong for any politician to joke about another politician being shot.

And it's both who said it and the joke itself. You expect shit like that to be said on message boards and the like because people say stupid shit on message boards because of the anonymity that the internet warrants. However, it still would have been in poor taste and ultimately a stupid thing to say. The fact that it came from a politician just makes it worse.

i'm not saying it isn't in bad taste...it's just, for alot of people on this board, highly hypocritical for them to criticise someone else for saying the exact same thing they have about someone else

i fear the irony of it will be lost on alot of people though

Sadako of Girth

I agree.

Thats why the comparison to the internet Bush jokes is moot.

None of those who made those jokes were made at a gunclub by a politician on the opposing team to the one joked about. Can't be giving those few nutters in the crowd who were actually may have already been thinking about it a message that could be seen as official/political endorsement.

jaden101
anyone who jokes about the assassination of one person has no right to crticise anyone who makes the same joke about another...regardless of the circumstances

Sadako of Girth
Even if its Hitler being joked about? 'Cause Im sure we'd all have laughed/found it less a thing at least..

Fair enough about the hypocrisy angle, but then everybody in some way or another is a/has been a hypocrite.
And with that I wouldn't look so harshly on the matter of judging the hypocrisy of others especially on the internet.

Well I still say its more dangerous from an opposing politician at a gun club where its just a numbers game that you'll always get that one loony.

Morgan Changari (sp?) (Mugabi's opponent) apparently had an assassination plot against him this week causing him to change his plans.

Now who would a joke about that come more alarmingly from right now..?

Some dude on the net, or Robert Mugabi...?

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Even if its Hitler being joked about..??

Fair enough about the hypocrisy angle, but then everybody in some way or another is a/has been a hypocrite.
And with that I wouldn't look so harshly on the matter of judging the hypocrisy of others especially on the internet.

Well I still say its more dangerous from an opposing politician at a gun club where its just a numbers game that you'll always get that one loony.

Morgan Changari (sp?) (Mugabi's opponent) apparently had an assassination plot against him this week causing him to change his plans.

Now who would a joke about that come more alarmingly from right now..?

Some dude on the net, or Robert Mugabi...?

strange analogy given that it's Mugabi's party that has been perpetrating the violence (including a severe beating to Tsvangirai ) to MDC members

unless you're implicating Huckabee in some sort of plot to assassinate Obama...

you're generalisation about gun club members is weak as well..."numbers game"...please...

not to mention you're missing my point....you cant make a joke about assassinating someone then slate someone else for doing so...it makes your position null and void and bordering on the stupid

jaden101
actually, you know what?...with the people on here...it's only to be expected really...so forget i said anything

Schecter
cant possibly remember the number of times people have said, in jest or otherwise, that Bush should be assassinated, on these forums.

is your implication that i have joked about bush being assassinated? would you like to quote me? or perhaps that someone posting on these forums has as much influence as a high profile politician?

no, you know what? maybe you've got something going with this baseless and slanderous strawman tactic.

jaden101
is your implication that i have joked about bush being assassinated? would you like to quote me? or perhaps that someone posting on these forums has as much influence as a high profile politician?

no, you know what? maybe you've got something going with this baseless and slanderous strawman tactic.

did i mention your name?...paranoid much?

and you're missing the point...as expected

Schecter

considering you are using strawman to attempt to call anyone who doesnt agree with you stupid and hypocritical, or that they would likely laugh if it was a democrat joking about a republican dodging an assassination attempt, you dont have to mention my name. your implication was quite clear. if you wish to retract it and clarify what you wished to express then fine (though i cant see how that can be misconstrued), but dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

jaden101
considering you are using strawman to attempt to call anyone who doesnt agree with you stupid and hypocritical, you dont have to mention my name. your implication was quite clear. if you wish to retract it and clarify what you wished to express then fine, but dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

Don't try and tell me what my implication were because, as per usual, you are wrong

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=405858&pagenumber=1

fact that this thread exists speaks volumes doesn't it?

your opinion on his possible assassination is clear enough

but let me ask you this...if it was someone making the same comment about John McCain...would you have made a thread about it? and would it be in the same tone if you did?

Schecter
lets keep our quotes in tact shall we?

in response to:

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Come now, let us not name call.

Anyone who wishes that Bush die--no matter how much you dislike him--is a douche.

Originally posted by PVS
agreed....but what if i dont really care either way? if he was killed, i would feel deeply saddened for the inevitable fallout, cheney being president, the further raping of our liberty...but as for the man....i would care less :/

i know...appauling...but the truth

so whats your point? i expressed that i wouldnt feel saddened for the man but rather the fallout of such an event. i also agreed that anyone who wished for an assassination was a douche. i know its a tough concept...the difference between not caring about a man and wanting him to be assassinated, but please try

so whats your point? oh i guess you'll have to dig through my post history some more. ill give you time.

oh, and next time post the correct link

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=341706

jaden101
lets keep our quotes in tact shall we?

in response to:

so whats your point? i expressed that i wouldnt feel saddened for the man but rather the fallout of such an event. i also agreed that anyone who wished for an assassination was a douche. so whats your point? oh i guess you'll have to dig through my post history some more. ill give you time.

oh, and next time post the correct link

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=341706

correct link for what?

i posted the link to the exact thread i wanted to link to...

and you never answered my question...which tells me all it need to know

Schecter
correct link for what?

i posted the link to the exact thread i wanted to link to...

and you never answered my question...which tells me all it need to know

ok, so you're saying that i want to see bush assassinated because i never posted in the "what if bush was assassinated" thread? thats your win? shit i never saw that coming.

also, next time save the punchline for the tail end of the joke:

jaden101
ok, so you're saying that i want to see bush assassinated because i never posted in the "what if bush was assassinated" thread? thats your win? shit i never saw that coming.

how does schecter change a lightbulb?...he holds onto the bulb and the world revolves around him

contrary to what you still think...my 1st post in this thread wasn't directed at you

and you STILL haven't answered my question

Schecter
you sir must either be intoxicated or off your meds. you just attempted yet another failed character assassination (which is kind of on topic but not really) and now are trying to tell me that you're not talking about me. oh i've miss these little chats of ours. glad to have you back mr. hyde.

oh humor me: what question?

Schecter

but let me ask you this...if it was someone making the same comment about John McCain...would you have made a thread about it? and would it be in the same tone if you did?

depends on who said it. if a high profile politician stated it, and i heard/read about it, then yes.

jaden101
you sir must either be intoxicated or off your meds. you just attempted yet another failed character assassination (which is kind of on topic but not really) and now are trying to tell me that you're not talking about me. oh i've miss these little chats of ours. glad to have you back mr. hyde.

hahaha...classic...truly

lets go back to my 1st post in the thread shall we

lets shorten it some

some more

little bit more

TADA...

so unless you are "people"...then please calm yourself

and you STILL haven't answered my question

i see your childish insults beginning to creep in though...knew that wouldn't take long

Schecter
depends on who said it. if a high profile politician stated it, and i heard/read about it, then yes.

also that thread you posted is a simple question of 'what if' for discussion. it was not a suggestion that he should be assassinated. this should be clear to someone as intellectually superior as you.

so if i say "what if the world ended" i guess that means im wishing for the apocalypse?

jaden101

yay...you answered....

course you would wink

fair play to you sir

Schecter
yay...you answered....

course you would wink

fair play to you sir

oh what a surprise. so the next baseless implication is that i wouldnt have posted it really.

conclusion: i am a hypocrite because you believe it. so my question to you:

why did you bother asking?

jaden101
to see if you would admit to posting this thread simply because you hate republicans....although the fact that you mention this in the opening post is enough information on its own

and yes...that is the implication...because, quite frankly, given your posting history, it's clear that you wouldn't have posted it...and if you did it most certainly wouldn't have been the big scandel that you're trying to make the Huckabee comment out to be.

Schecter
to see if you would admit to posting this thread simply because you hate republicans....although the fact that you mention this in the opening post is enough information on its own

and yes...that is the implication...because, quite frankly, given your posting history, it's clear that you wouldn't have posted it...and if you did it most certainly wouldn't have been the big scandel that you're trying to make the Huckabee comment out to be.

so you demanded that i answer a rhetorical question. just checking.

no, you know what? thank you. i learned so much here.

-im paranoid because im pointing out that you are directing your comments at me, when you have pretty much revealed that you are.

-pondering/discussing a possibility is synonymous with wishing for it

-not caring about someone's well being is synonymous with wishing death upon them

-a 16 year old posting on a movie forum has the same influence over the american public as a high profile politician, and should be held to equal standards

-im a hypocrite because....well there is no because. none is needed. after all, you're statement of such is proof in itself. especially when couple with a wink smilie.

i feel like ive grown from this exchange. i hope you have as well.

jaden101
so you demanded that i answer a rhetorical question. just checking.

no, you know what? thank you. i learned so much here.

-im paranoid because im pointing out that you are directing your comments at me, when you have pretty much revealed that you are.

-pondering/discussing a possibility is synonymous with wishing for it

-not caring about someone's well being is synonymous with wishing death upon them

-a 16 year old posting on a movie forum has the same influence over the american public as a high profile politician, and should be held to equal standards

-im a hypocrite because....well there is no because. none is needed. after all, you're statement of such is proof in itself. especially when couple with a wink smilie.

i feel like ive grown from this exchange. i hope you have as well.

you really dont listen do you...my initial post was NEVER DIRECTED AT YOU...now your believing it does speaks volumes

but as per usual you are the one who decided to make the thread about you...we'll call it an ego thing cause that's plainly what it is

but if you wish me to level an accusation at you in order to fulfill your fantasy then ok

you're a liar...if the comment had been about John McCain you would have either genuinely seen it as funny or never posted it at all

Schecter
sure

jaden101
thumb up

Schecter
tummy all better? can we go back to the topic now?

jaden101
tummy all better? can we go back to the topic now?

actually it's pretty rough at the moment...too much hedonism last night

what is the topic about anyway...a guy made a stupid comment...not exactly much to discuss is there?

Schecter
no, a stupid comment would be something like "barak makes poopy in his pants, huh huh"

i would consider huckabee's comment to be recklessly suggestive. that isnt to imply that he's wishing for obama to be assassinated, and at the same time isnt implying the contrary. all i know is that a very real possibility such as this is nothing to crack jokes about in a nationally televised convention.

Sadako of Girth
strange analogy given that it's Mugabi's party that has been perpetrating the violence (including a severe beating to Tsvangirai ) to MDC members

unless you're implicating Huckabee in some sort of plot to assassinate Obama...

you're generalisation about gun club members is weak as well..."numbers game"...please...

not to mention you're missing my point....you cant make a joke about assassinating someone then slate someone else for doing so...it makes your position null and void and bordering on the stupid

No Im not going that far.
The parallel would only extend to the fact that Mugabi is the opponent in this hypothesis.
But the danger parallel I guess is still relevent but for different reasons in Obama's case.

Weak but still plausible/feasible.
Are you saying that if Obama -for argument's sake- were actually to be assassinated by bullet, that the person firing that bullet would be 100% unlikely to have had gun club membership/experience? 'Cause I'd have guessed that people who have guns stand a higher chance of being in gun clubs than those that dont have guns...?

I honestly didn't mean to come across as generalising.
Its a gun club and statistically speaking, there are going to be a few nutjobs in the house because when large numbers are involved. (Not because gunclubs create nutters, but merely because if you randomly select any 400 people from any group, high chances are that there are gonna be a few loons among them.)

Thats all I was saying.
And whether or not we will agree, at least thats the point I was trying to make.

jaden101
no, a stupid comment would be something like "barak makes poopy in his pants, huh huh"

i would consider huckabee's comment to be recklessly suggestive. that isnt to imply that he's wishing for obama to be assassinated, and at the same time isnt implying the contrary. all i know is that a very real possibility such as this is nothing to crack jokes about in a nationally televised convention.

true...but then the man cant be held responsible if some nutter does try to kill Obama, regardless of the comment, anymore than Marylin Manson can be blamed for Columbine.

i also dont believe that Obama is in any greater risk of assassination than any other presidential candidate, or any high ranking politician for that matter.

it's likely, as with terrorism threats, that the whitehouse discusses assassination plots and threats regularly....guess it comes with the territory

but personally i dont see his comment as anything more than an ill concieved and distastful joke...

had it been funny though i might be inclined to hold a different opinion...but he cant even crack a decent joke

just as a related note though...comedian's use this brand of humour alot...they are just as much in the public eye as politicians and as celebrities, have arguably a bigger sway over public opinion than some politicians do

so what would be everyone's opinion had it been the comment of someone famous rather than someone political?

jaden101
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
No Im not going that far.
The parallel would only extend to the fact that Mugabi is the opponent in this hypothesis.
But the danger parallel I guess is still relevent but for different reasons in Obama's case.

Weak but still plausible/feasible.
Are you saying that if Obama -for argument's sake- were actually to be assassinated by bullet, that the person firing that bullet would be 100% unlikely to have had gun club membership/experience? 'Cause I'd have guessed that people who have guns stand a higher chance of being in gun clubs than those that dont have guns...?

I honestly didn't mean to come across as generalising.
Its a gun club and statistically speaking, there are going to be a few nutjobs in the house because when large numbers are involved. (Not because gunclubs create nutters, but merely because if you randomly select any 400 people from any group, high chances are that there are gonna be a few loons among them.)

Thats all I was saying.
And whether or not we will agree, at least thats the point I was trying to make.

i entirely agree with the fact that nutjobs do sometimes end up in gun clubs...Thomas Hamilton being a perfect example....and i know more than most about what he did because i've seen the crime scene photographs and the slaughtering of 16 primary(grade) school children has a hell of an effect on a person

i would be bold enough to say that most murders aren't committed by gun club members though....occassionally members and relations of members yes...but mostly through illegally held weapons

Sadako of Girth
i entirely agree with the fact that nutjobs do sometimes end up in gun clubs...Thomas Hamilton being a perfect example....and i know more than most about what he did because i've seen the crime scene photographs and the slaughtering of 16 primary(grade) school children has a hell of an effect on a person

i would be bold enough to say that most murders aren't committed by gun club members though....occassionally members and relations of members yes...but mostly through illegally held weapons

Fair play. smile

A rifle'd be a way of assassinating at range, and with security being justly tight, that is the range that you'd possibly think to be the preffered one. It worked on Kennedy, after all.

A lot of murders in stats would be by other means, perhaps beating, stabbing, strangling...poisoning...you know the score. etc

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think Schecter's anger at the insinuation is justified. He started the thread, so your initial comments obviously implicate him.

Also, the furore that would engulf all the right-wing media if these comments were made by a Democrat would be wide-spread. Can you imagine how long Fox et al would run with this?

Likening a gross comment by a former candidate for the Republican's Presidential nominee on an internationally broadcasted podium (NRA convention, too! Hahaha!) to that of a bunch of idiots squabbling on a movie chat forum is so ridiculously tenuous that it is laughable. The words might correlate, but the power and influence are in different solar systems. That's why what he said was wrong, and admonishing him for it doesn't make anyone a hypocrite.

jaden101
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think Schecter's anger at the insinuation is justified. He started the thread, so your initial comments obviously implicate him.

Also, the furore that would engulf all the right-wing media if these comments were made by a Democrat would be wide-spread. Can you imagine how long Fox et al would run with this?

Likening a gross comment by a former candidate for the Republican's Presidential nominee on an internationally broadcasted podium (NRA convention, too! Hahaha!) to that of a bunch of idiots squabbling on a movie chat forum is so ridiculously tenuous that it is laughable. The words might correlate, but the power and influence are in different solar systems. That's why what he said was wrong, and admonishing him for it doesn't make anyone a hypocrite.

shut it you

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sorry, dad. I'll be good. Promise.

Got those Brett Dennen albums yet? They're both excellent.

jaden101
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sorry, dad. I'll be good. Promise.

Got those Brett Dennen albums yet? They're both excellent.

got "so much more"...ace stuff

lord xyz
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1HWfN1so100&feature=related

Chris Rock makes the same joke on Obama (about 4 and a half minutes in)

jaden101
Originally posted by lord xyz
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1HWfN1so100&feature=related

Chris Rock makes the same joke on Obama (about 4 and a half minutes in)

yeah...but Chris Rock's funny...so it's ok

Schecter
ugh

Schecter
yeah...but Chris Rock's funny...so it's ok

conclusion: anyone who would dare post this thread must monitor every politician and celebrity for any comments relating to this and post their disaproval. if not then they find it funny and are hypocrites.

jaden101
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

did you see that?...that's the point going way over your head...again

Schecter
i see you graduated from the dadudemon school of debate.

however you forgot to declare yourself the winner. ill have to mark you down to a B+

jaden101
hahaha...ah yes...from the master of debating...did you manage to keep a straight face when you were typing that?

infact...there you go

http://www.bonaroo.co.uk/images/mass%20debating%20red%20template.jpg

BackFire
Here's the problem with your claim of people being hypocritical, Jaden.

That thread you linked as evidence doesn't show anyone (that I saw) who is condemning Huckabee in this thread mocking the idea Bush's death in that thread, so no hypocrisy has been committed. Honestly, if that's your evidence your claim falls flat, as a thread simply existing where no one in this thread took part in the mocking of the idea proves nothing.

Schecter
Here's the problem with your claim of people being hypocritical, Jaden.

That thread you linked as evidence doesn't show anyone (that I saw) who is condemning Huckabee in this thread mocking the idea Bush's death in that thread, so no hypocrisy has been committed. Honestly, if that's your evidence your claim falls flat, as a thread simply existing where no one in this thread took part in the mocking of the idea proves nothing.

well then you're just a biased liberal.

lord xyz

however you forgot to declare yourself the winner. ill have to mark you down to a B+ Nah, I don't think jaden said it's part of his joke where he pertends to be stupid. That alone puts him down to a D.

AngryManatee
can't spell assassination without ololololololololololololol!!!!!

jaden101
jings...here was me thinking there were at least some people with sense on this forum...apparently i was mistaken

jaden101
was this ever brought up on KMC?

Democrat Kentucky governor Steve Beshear

or the guardian printing this regarding Bush

thought not

both stated by a person with a large public profile and sway over public opinion who should know better

BackFire
I never heard about those. But they're obviously bad as well.

jaden101
indeed...although to be fair to them...nobody ever makes idiotic remarks on the scale and numbers that boris johnson does....and now he's mayor of London

Symmetric Chaos
was this ever brought up on KMC?

Democrat Kentucky governor Steve Beshear

or the guardian printing this regarding Bush

thought not

both stated by a person with a large public profile and sway over public opinion who should know better

Well the first one is terrible but not very dangerous. The same kind of jokes were made about all kinds of people after the Cheney thing.

On the other hand the Guardian is offering to all but canonize Bush's assassin (or could be taken that way by a nutcase).

Never heard about either one though.

jaden101
do you not think the 1st one is more similar to the issue of this thread?...i thought they were very similar...more so given that it was a govener that said it

Symmetric Chaos
do you not think the 1st one is more similar to the issue of this thread?...i thought they were very similar

It's more similar but it would take a more warped mind to see an invitation to murder than the other one.

dadudemon

however you forgot to declare yourself the winner. ill have to mark you down to a B+

laughing

You sorry ass Backfire f*cker.

You failed to realize that I pull the "you missed the point" thing because I am going to the school of Bardock and Robtard.(I still haven't graduated...gotta give 'em my psych papers before I can.) Soooo, I can't take credit for being the original. wink*

* VVD, that's definitely the "f*ck you" smartass smilie you were referring to.

Schecter
*fart*

Robtard

I don't think I've ever joked about Bush being assassinated. Having his smug ass kicked, maybe, killed, I'm fairly certain I haven't.

So, that being said, Huckabee (an ex hopeful and very public figure) was a ****ing moron of epic proportions for making an assassination joke about a presidential candidate who stands an extremely good chance of winning the Oval Office soon.

So I dodged your hypocrisy and your irony, though I don't see how it would have been ironic, even if I had at one time said "I hope Bush gets assassinated". Also, there's a world of difference between me, a private citizen on a movie forum, who's voice will not reach possibly millions and a guy like Huck, who would. See?

Edit: Let me give you an example, in the differences.

If you said "I wish the VC had sodomized and then skinned McCain alive while he was a prisoner, the would would be a better place without him." That's not really a big deal, sure you're somewhat of an ass for saying something like that, but meh, who really cares.

Now, if Clinton would go out and say that, especially while on camera and to an audience, it would be atrocious and she would be a ****ing moron of epic proportions. Why? Because she's Hillary and you're just some Scot behind a computer.

jaden101
it's not my irony...it's the irony that this gets flagged up and treated as a cardinal sin yet the same standards aren't applied the other way around,

fact is...it was a stupid comment...but it isn't a huge deal and attempting to make it so gives it more attention than it's worth

fact also is that if it had been ignored as the stupid comment it is by the media, then millions of people wouldn't have even known he'd said it...and it would have had less of a chance of inciting some nutter to go ahead and do it

although quite how "someone pointed a gun at him and he dove to the floor" is supposed to be an incitement to assassination is quite beyond me

Robtard
I don't think anyone is losing sleep over it, just pointing out that Huck was a ****ing moron for joking about something like and who it was about.

I don't think anyone is thinking, "Huckabee hopes Obama gets shot", just that is was a stupid thing to say, considering who he is and who Obama is.

Devil King
so unless you are "people"...then please calm yourself

I don't recall Mr. Bush specifically referring to Mr. Obama in his speech in Israel, either.

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't think anyone is losing sleep over it, just pointing out that Huck was a ****ing moron for joking about something like and who it was about.

I don't think anyone is thinking, "Huckabee hopes Obama gets shot", just that is was a stupid thing to say, considering who he is and who Obama is.

And to whom he was speaking.

jaden101
Originally posted by Devil King
I don't recall Mr. Bush specifically referring to Mr. Obama in his speech in Israel, either.

go back to sleep

Devil King
go back to sleep

But, did Mr. Bush refer to Obama, by name? What I did see was Mr. Bush's statement being interpreted by the media as a direct condemnation of Senator Obama. Obama responded to it, accordingly. Mr. Bush was actually referring to every person of liberal leaning, while also being ambigiously directed towards Mr. Obama and/or Mrs Clinton.

Sadako of Girth

fact is...it was a stupid comment...but it isn't a huge deal and attempting to make it so gives it more attention than it's worth

fact also is that if it had been ignored as the stupid comment it is by the media, then millions of people wouldn't have even known he'd said it...and it would have had less of a chance of inciting some nutter to go ahead and do it

although quite how "someone pointed a gun at him and he dove to the floor" is supposed to be an incitement to assassination is quite beyond me

Well your answer lies in the fact that in an age where "schizophrenics" (to begrudgingly use an umbrella term) take their cues from TV, its not unfeasible that someone who has strong anti-Obamain feelings already snap, taking it as a "message". Or even plain old suggestability to the dumb..?

It could easily create a falsely legitimizing "Well most folks wanted it to happen- even Huckabee felt comfortable enough to joke about it on TV..." vibe. Canonizing as said earlier.

Sounds like a stretch, doesn't it..?

It can only take one.

Out of all those millions.

The media, true do play their part in this, amping up the chance of the nutter potentially getting ideas. Very true.

sithsaber408
I thought there was a story in this thread, but instead found a dorky dude who tried to make a joke and screwed it up. It's no worse than the "Kerry flub" of '06 when the senator implied that Marines are idiots who can't go to college, or something to that effect.

It came out wrong, and wasn't what either person really meant.

The only reason anybody cares about THIS is because they think Obama is:

... the first black man who may actually become president
...a presidential candidate who stands an extremely good chance of winning the Oval Office soon.

Which is ridiculous really, as he's got little chance of beating McCain.

JacopeX
Death is not funny period.

Fiction however is acceptable but in reality, I find it sick.

Schecter
Originally posted by JacopeX

this sentence makes the backs of my eyeballs ache

Schecter
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I thought there was a story in this thread, but instead found a dorky dude who tried to make a joke and screwed it up. It's no worse than the "Kerry flub" of '06 when the senator implied that Marines are idiots who can't go to college, or something to that effect.

It came out wrong, and wasn't what either person really meant.

so if (when) obama wins are you going to:

a-never post in the gdf again
or
b-become the king of hypocrites after all your 'you gotta support your president or you're not patriotic and dishonerin our troops and helpin the terrs'ts' and be the resident anti-obama poster?

jaden101

which is discussion for an entirely different thread

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by JacopeX
Death is not funny period.

What?

Devil King

Can I get some of what you're smoking?

Mr. Love
Can I get some of what you're smoking?

I expect so, if you're into that sort of thing and willing to pay top dollar to a dealer.

Devil King
Sure, I smoke pot.

Shakyamunison
Sure, I smoke pot.

But you don't smoke the propaganda that sithsaber408 does. wink

Mr. Love
Sure, I smoke pot.

Then i'm sure you can have whatever he is smoking.

Robtard

I'm about 80% sure I'll be laughing at you in November. Then again, if he does win, you'll just do your usual duck&hide. Did you hear he's thinking of running with McCain now, good little lapdog he'll make.

Oh, he was a ****ing moron for even making a joke (failed or not) about that, considering the circumstances.

Mr. Love
I once did a shit that looked like Obama. That's not meant in a racist way; I have done shits which look like Jesus and Abe Lincoln respectively.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mr. Love
I once did a shit that looked like Obama. That's not meant in a racist way; I have done shits which look like Jesus and Abe Lincoln respectively.

Do you take pictures of them and keep a scrap (crap) book? laughing out loud

Mr. Love
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Do you take pictures of them and keep a scrap (crap) book? laughing out loud

Crap book.. I like that.. No, I just wipe and flush. Bidding the likenesses adieu.

Schecter
check out the turd i laid this morning

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/faily_yahhg2.jpg

i need more fiber in my diet, obviously

Mr. Love

Is that you?

Schecter
no, it just came out of my ass

Mr. Love
no, it just came out of my ass

You're like a polaroid. So you press a button and you produce a picture? I bet you're in demand for "pass"port snaps.

Shakyamunison
You're like a polaroid. So you press a button and you produce a picture? I bet you're in demand for "pass"port snaps.

laughing pitt_sock

Schecter
naaaa, i just had to run and get my camera after laying that epic turd

Mr. Love
naaaa, i just had to run and get my camera after laying that epic turd

I get it you laid him? He's your boyfriend?

Schecter
if i was gay im sure my tastes would be beyond a bald little fat man like that. then again he has some flabby squeezable titties. could have fun with those.

Mr. Love
if i was gay im sure my tastes would be beyond a bald little fat man like that. then again he has some flabby squeezable titties. could have fun with those.

Lol, who is that guy then. Do you just post random pictures?

Shakyamunison
I get it you laid him? He's your boyfriend?

Why would you care? After all, it's not you, or is it? eek! laughing

Mr. Love
Why would you care? After all, it's not you, or is it? eek! laughing

Nahh, it's not me.

Shakyamunison
Nahh, it's not me.

Then I suggest you stop convincing everyone that it is. wink

Mr. Love
Then I suggest you stop convincing everyone that it is. wink

Hey, if someones convinced about something nothing anyone else can say will change there minds.

Schecter
or just push them titties together and sing "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Shakyamunison
Hey, if someones convinced about something nothing anyone else can say will change there minds.

But you are acting like someone is offending you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard

Definately looks like a "14 stone" turd. The majority of it's mass seems to be centered right at the middle, did you have to bite down on something when the zenith of it's girth was passing your anal sphinctors?

Schecter
it felt like i was giving birth to ralph cramden

Mr. Love
Definately looks like a "14 stone" turd. The majority of it's mass seems to be centered right at the middle, did you have to bite down on something when the zenith of it's girth was passing your anal sphinctors?

Do you reckon this is the same guy? He looks a lot more than 14 stone.

Robtard
Do you reckon this is the same guy?

Could be the same turd, there are several similarities. Ask Schector, he's the one who passed it, he's more intimate with it.

Mr. Love
Could be the same turd, there are several similarities. Ask Schector, he's the one who passed it, he's more intimate with it.

He looks huge...... His arm is bigger than his neck. wtf?

Robtard
He looks huge......

The turd looks to be composed of mostly fatty based foods, very little protein was used in it's creation. Thanks for the side shot though, you can really see how most of it's gelatinous mass is indeed concentrated in the middle.

Mr. Love
The turd looks to be composed of mostly fatty based foods, very little protein was used in it's creation. Thanks for the side shot though, you can really see how most of it's gelatinous mass is indeed concentrated in the middle.

He looks massive. Arms bigger than his neck.... How does that happen. His arms look incredibly lean. As does his neck. His shirt seems to be hanging loosely off the chest it both pics. It only seems tight on the chest and arms. Wow, just wow.

Schecter
He looks huge...... His arm is bigger than his neck. wtf?

yeah, nothing freakier than a bald fat midget with a pencil neck

Mr. Love
yeah, nothing freakier than a bald fat midget with a pencil neck

That guy looks at least 6ft, he seems to have very dark short hair in both pictures. Like a skinhead... Wow, an alternative haircut.

Mr. Love
That guy looks at least 6ft, he seems to have very dark short hair in both pictures. Like a skinhead... Wow, an alternative haircut.

Schecter
naaaaa, just looks like a fat bald midget with a pencil neck, a fat gut, and sweet mushy titties

Mr. Love
naaaaa, just looks like a fat bald midget with a pencil neck, a fat gut, and sweet mushy titties

He looks huge, and extremely muscular. His shirt seems to hang more loosely below the chest.

Robtard
He looks massive. Arms bigger than his neck.... How does that happen. His arms look incredibly lean. As does his neck. His shirt seems to be hanging loosely off the chest it both pics. It only seems tight on the chest and arms. Wow, just wow.

I told you how it happens, being composed of mostly fatty foods.

The turd definitely ISN'T lean. There's no definition between the deltoid, tricep or bicep, just one large mass. The shirt is hanging from a sloped undefined chest, a chest that has very little upper mass, just lower mass, like "titties".

Also, you can clearly see how the mid section of the turd is pushing the shirt beyond the chest(titty) area. So the mid section is the most massive. "Just wow" indeed.

Mr. Love
I told you how it happens, being composed of mostly fatty foods.

The turd definitely ISN'T lean. There's no definition between the deltoid, tricep or bicep, just one large mass. The shirt is hanging from a sloped undefined chest, a chest that has very little upper mass, just lower mass, like "titties".

Also, you can clearly see how the mid section of the turd is pushing the shirt beyond the chest(titty) area. So the mid section is the most massive. "Just wow" indeed.

With real size definition only appears when pumped. I'd guess those arms are well over 18 inches. In the other picture you appear to see lots of vascularity on his arms.

Schecter
i guess, if you pull up the forearm flab to combine with the below-the-shoudler flab.

Mr. Love
i guess, if you pull up the forearm flab to combine with the below-the-shoudler flab.

Massive

Ushgarak
Yeah, ok, back to the topic, please.

Mr. Love
I wonder if this dude has posted more up to date pics on other forums in the last year or two?

Robtard
With real size definition only appears when pumped. I'd guess those arms are well over 18 inches. In the other picture you appear to see lots of vascularity on his arms.

No, not really. It is rather large, I agree, it's mostly fat though.

Notice how the highest point of the sloping chest is several inches less than the highest point of the protruding gut, the picture does not lie.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8007/wwah7.jpg

Schecter
BEEFCAKE!!!

Mr. Love
No, not really. It is rather large, I agree, it's mostly fat though.

Notice how the highest point of the sloping chest is several inches less than the highest point of the protruding gut, the picture does not lie.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8007/wwah7.jpg

Good Picture, however, with lots of large men that happens.

This guy looks very similar but perhaps not as big proportionally.

http://www.powerandstrength.com/articles/image/_001.jpg

chillmeistergen
Yeah, fat.

Robtard
Good Picture, however, with lots of large men that happens.

This guy looks very similar but perhaps not as big proportionally.

No, that guy despite having fat on his body is indeed muscular, as you can see the definition in the arms, unlike the turds. Comparing the two is just fanciful idiocy.

Might as well compare a GMC Gremlin to a 1962 Jaguar XKE, sure they have similar parts, but one is a piece of shit while the other is a thing of beauty.

Mr. Love
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, fat.

The strongman does look fatter and smaller, than the nameless "dude", I agree.

BetrayedUnicorn
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

My prediction is that if Obama wins he'll be killed anyway.

Agreed. big grin or atleast I hope. evil face

Mr. Love
No, that guy despite having fat on his body is indeed muscular, as you can see the definition in the arms, unlike the turds. Comparing the two is just fanciful idiocy.

Might as well compare a GMC Gremlin to a 1962 Jaguar XKE, sure they have similar parts, but one is a piece of shit while the other is a thing of beauty.

This guy seems to have awesome shape to his arms. His waist is also much smaller than his chest, hence the v shape. I bet the "dude" benches at least 220Kg for 1 rep, maybe more!

Shakyamunison
This guy seems to have awesome shape to his arms. His waist is also much smaller than his chest, hence the v shape. I bet the "dude" benches at least 220Kg for 1 rep, maybe more!

Stop it Whirly.

Mr. Love
Stop it Whirly.

? I wonder if this dude has any more up to date pics on other forums? Perhaps training?

Robtard

If by "awesome" you mean large, undefined and flabby, then yes, I agree.

We already covered the waist part, see the pic above with the arrows, you can see how the gut protrudes beyond the chest. It's the classic "beer belly", where all the mass in centered in the middle/front. The turd probably drinks himself into a stupor, out of self-hate and misery, I feel bad for him.

He might indeed be physically strong, there's an obese-man at my gym who can lift massive amounts of weight.

Schecter
no let him keep digging. this is one for the bookmarks.

Mr. Love
If by "awesome" you mean large, undefined and flabby, then yes, I agree.

We already covered the waist part, see the pic above with the arrows, you can see how the gut protrudes beyond the chest. It's the classic "beer belly", where all the mass in centered in the middle/front. The turd probably drinks himself into a stupor, out of self-hate and misery, I feel bad for him.

He might indeed be physically strong, there's an obese-man at my gym who can lift massive amounts of weight.

I wonder what his body fat% is? Do you think its above 14% with all that muscle mass its likely surface fat is low. This guy looks much fatter with much smaller arms.

http://www.straighttothebar.com/images/stones.jpg

Mr. Love
no let him keep digging. this is one for the bookmarks.

It certainly is, and you will never know why.

Robtard
I wonder what his body fat% is? Do you think its above 14% with all that muscle mass its likely surface fat is low. This guy looks much fatter with much smaller arms.

Again, that guy also has fat on his body, but he also has lots of muscle, as you can see definition on certain parts of his body, while "the turd" is just gelatinous mass. You need your eyes checked, sir.

Mr. Love
Again, that guy also has fat on his body, but he also has lots of muscle, as you can see definition on certain parts of his body, while the turd is just gelatanious mass. You need your eyes checked, sir.

Seriously that guy looks much smaller and fatter than the other one. I think you need to go to spec savers.

Shakyamunison
..The turd probably drinks himself into a stupor, out of self-hate and misery, ...

And how is that different from you? laughing

Robtard
Seriously that guy looks much smaller and fatter than the other one. I think you need to go to spec savers.

Smaller, yes. Fatter, certainly not. HE has definition on his arms, "the turd" does not.

I had my eyes checked 6 months ago, I had to renew my driving license, so I wanted to make sure I would pass the exam. I tested 20/20 & 20/25.

I do think someone needs a new mirror though, the one he's looking into daily is clearly lying to him

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>