Marvel Fighting Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ricochet_rita
Hello kmc forums members! The development of the a marvel 3d fighter continues. As of when I left off last thread the character list was as follows: spiderman, hulk, collosus, wolverine, juggernaut, spiral, carnage, green goblin, wild child, venom (brock), mr. fantastic, thing, iceman, magneto, blackheart, cyclops, ironman, ghost rider, warmachine, lizard, daredevil, lady deathstrike, silver samuri, ultron, and flubber. with apocalypse as a final boss, and onslaught as a hidden boss.

ricochet_rita
feel free to post character list suggestions, post character portraits, suggest locations, submit general ideas or just post constructive comments

Shadow_King
i dont think you're allowed to make a new account if you got banned before

ricochet_rita
k well i did and for the record im still not sure what i did to get banned... when i was a menace in the beginnghng the didnt do anything to me but when i spent my time on this thread. a thread i take seriously. they kicked me off. so my intentions now are to for the most part stay on my thread. im not too interested in saying my piece on the versus forum anymore. from my previous experience its obvious its just not my world as i cant take that aspect of comics seriously. if with that said they want to kick me off again thats up to them. im sure im not the only one who has been banned and rejoined. what i did isnt any worse than some who are still on. i hope they dont remove me again and see that this go will be different as ill be working on something relevant and constructive. anyhoo... anything to contribute.

ricochet_rita
moving on then... character animations: character animations will be accomplished in the following manner: characters will be animated using armatures and then baked to a keyframe animation sequence. this will allow for the finished model and animations to be preserved and converted without the need to export armatures. this is a common practice with 3d characters in games this eliminates steps that would normally require valuble cpu resources like recalculating vertex groups. the completed export directx file complete with animation keyframe is then placed into a folder with texures and an external animation key that tells the main program the begining and end of each individual sequence. when the game starts these tables will be loaded and stored in memory as will the models and the appropriate skins when needed. locations will have a similar process in that they will be exported with a destructables chart placing specified light sources and destructable objects on the field with their own respective animations and tables. this animation key method will create a portable system that will enable the instatution of new characters into the game without modifying main program source code. along with animation keys will also be sound and event keys allowing the portability of animation events such as spawning of projectile objects and the ability for each character to have his or her own unique abilities and effects.

ricochet_rita
as for the collision detection: the calculation of collisions will be done as follows using a bounding box system. first the program will determin a collision with two bounding boxes and depending on the box type calculate an appropriate resulting action. this is standard fare when dealing in collision detection and we shouldnt see anything new in this case except a few elaborations: there will be at least 5 types of bounding boxes, an attack type with a vulnerable attack rating, an attack type with a semi invulnerable rating(projectiles), an attack type with an invunerable rating (for projectile type attacks that cannot be canceled by another attack), a vulnerable type that is classified with a vulnerability percentage.(standard unblocking parts with an area damage defined by vulnerability percentage.) and blocking type bounding boxes that have a 5 percent vunerabity or similar to vulnerability that has no negative repercussions such as being stuned or knocked down. this should prove to be a fairly accurate system when considered that each character and object will have its own specific bounding box set with its own set of vunerabillity percentages. like the models themselves these boxes will be baked and boneless and will coorespond to adjacent animation keyframes of the model itself.

ricochet_rita
ive noticed that i was missing a couple of characters in the list at the top. among those are omega red, doctor octopus, sentinal, silver surfer, storm, and rogue. for a grand total of 31 playable characters and 2 bosses

peejayd
* what did you do to get banned?

* let us see some pics of the game when it's finished... smile

ricochet_rita
um im not sure... they said because i was a spammer but i dont remember posting anything that could have been considered spam for quite a while before the banned me. when i first signed in i liked to goof around a bit and didnt think anything of it becausd there were people making equally retarded posts and threads... but apperently it pissed some people off because they closed a bunch of my threads and told me that i was a spammer and a basher. to be honest i even made a thread bashing moderators because they were closing all my humor threads. but like i said that was in the begining and i even apolagized to the moderator at the time who was closing my threads through pm. i was under the impression the matter was all cleared up. i had one more incident afterwards that i had made a crack about wonder woman using a line from anchor man movie. someone took it the wrong way i guess having not seen that movie and so a mod pmed me about it but didnt issue a warning he just told me to stop. the last thing i had done was make a spiral respect thread and then the next day i was shut down. so... here i am now trying to continue this thread and little else as i would rather do this and not get the boot again... sorry to any of you i pissed off... and all rest assured im not going to come out of my cave very much.

ricochet_rita
as for the game being completed... probably wont be for a while... but in the mean time i will post renders and development screen shots.

ricochet_rita
tools im using: these tools are for the most part free as im not what you would consider well off in anyway. if i was i still dont thinj that i would use different tools as these tools work extremely well. its suprising what it it costs for some of the development tools out there when equally good ones exist for free. some of these include visual studio lite, bloodshed c/c++, blender(i actually like it better than 3d studio) i do have fruity loops 5 pro edition which is a bit of money but the shareware version works for most things, also paint shop but along with it i use a number of other free programs that work as well or better for some things, direct x 9 developers library which is also free from microsoft. of course most of the free tools that i have may be a bit more daunting to use at first than other commercial programs but they are in no way slower or less useable just take more time to get accustomed to. blender is a good example of this as it relys heavily on shortcut keys to move around and manipulate things but once you learn it you can actually in many cases acomplish things much faster with it.

Endrict Nuul
Banned again applelips.

ricochet_rita
banned again?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by ricochet_rita
banned again?

You will be.

ricochet_rita
k when it happens you can have the last laugh i guess but until then why dont you go bother someone else. im sure the mods will be able to figure it out themselves, and if they dont it has nothing to do with you all anyway. the only reason im back on here anyway is for the few people who actually gave half a fart about what i was working on anyway. not you. ive decided to stay out of your threads and let you be your self with whoever so why dont you do the same and just drop it. if your going to post here why not stay on topic or just post elsewere. thnx...

ricochet_rita
combo system info: the combo system will work on a collision based and timer based system for the hit counter system. and a event flag system to determine combo tree progression. basically the combo starts with a collision then a timer starts and in that limited time span the program searches for the next input in the sequence and when an input is read it compares it to the combo tree to determine if the combo has ended or not. if not the combo continues if so the hit counter displays the hits on the screen. the combo system also determines when to lock the controls of each player in the event of a confirmed combo.

stormlover
Can you add Storm to the list. pretty pleeeeaase?

peejayd
* and of course, we're waiting for sample pics, smile

Nighty101
Can you please add in Nightcrawler. He is really good at fighitng. I have the X-BOX 360 and I play X3 the official game and Nightcrawler kix more az then Logan because he can teleport behind the nearest enemie using the b button and just wack away with the x button or the y button. It is so much fun!!! He looks really cool to!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.