Star Wars Legacy - Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tauros
Has Darth Krayt died yet? I am confused with all this new material. Where are we going now? Darth Krayt comes after Luke dies, no?

ThoraxeRMG
Darth Krayt, is sadly still alive.

tauros
Sadly? Is he powerful? As/more powerful than Luke? And, is 130 ABY the current time? Or the "newest" time?

Captain REX
I suggest reading the article on Darth Krayt on Wookieepedia or picking up the Legacy comics. They're not half-bad. And nobody is more powerful than Luke...

The farthest along we are in the Star Wars timeline is 137 ABY.

Darth Sexy
Legacy is a joke. If it remains canon, then the authors have to speed up the death of the entire Skywalker/Solo family and their ancestors, which would make no sense.

truejedi
do you mean legacy of the force? cause that should remain canon over comic books. (unless the comic books are called legacy too? ) and where do you even get star wars comic books? i looked at borders yesterday out of curiousity and didn't see anything about a darth krayt.

Tangible God
My theory is that Lucas is attempting to eliminate all of his original characters so that, after he dies, noone can claim them and do with them what they wish.

tauros
I hope that happens soon, so Star Wars can, maybe, just maybe, mature. The setting has so much potential, but I'm getting fed up with the
"LIGHT SIDE ALWAYS WINS, 90% OF THE BAD GUYS TURN TO LIGHT IN THEIR DEATH OR OTHERWISE, ANYONE (99%) OF THE LIGHT SIDE GUYS TURNED TO DARK SIDE DON'T STAY DARK" etttttttttttttccccccc AHHH MAKE IT STOP AAAAAAAA MAKE IT STOP

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by tauros
Has Darth Krayt died yet? I am confused with all this new material. Where are we going now? Darth Krayt comes after Luke dies, no?

Darth Krayt and Luke Skywalker lived synchronously, but Krayt lived longer for some reason that I don' t know

Darth Sexy
I do. The Legacy authors decided to see how much they can destroy Star Wars, and proceeded to do just that after the LOTF authors began the process.

Tangible God
The saga needs to retire soon. I honestly hope that after Lucas little dabble in the Clone Wars, and the next few games are released, then the franchise will be laid to rest. Even Star Trek knew enough to do that.

Captain REX
Set in the not-terribly-distant-but-far-enough-away-for-Luke-to-be-dead future, Legacy is the comic book series produced by Dark Horse Comics that presents the Star Wars galaxy as it is seen in the year 130 ABY and onwards, barring flashbacks.

The series is notorious for stomping all over the whole 'The Sith are destroyed forever by the Chosen One' prophecy, as the Sith are back en masse this time. The Rule of Two has been left behind, supplanted by the Rule of One, which somehow means hundreds of thousands of Sith combatants under the malicious Darth Krayt. After triggering a war between (surprise) the Galactic Alliance and the Galatic Empire, the Sith destroy the Alliance and take over a splintered Empire. Friendless, the Jedi are once again hunted down and scattered across the stars.

But some things don't change. The name Skywalker still brings hope to the Galaxy, though the current Skywalker, Cade, certainly walks the line. It doesn't seem to deterr anyone that his a drug-abusing bounty hunter with a penchant for touching the Dark Side... but he has discovered his natural talent for reviving the dead and dying, the power that Anakin Skywalker fell to the Dark Side for in the first place.

Despite the Galaxy repeating itself with returned Sith, Jedi massacres, Empire vs. Alliance, and Skywalker being the last hope, the Legacy series is not wholly without its own merits. More recent plotlines, some stepping away from the Skywalker legacy to inspect the plight of the Galactic Alliance and its attempts at cooperation with the Imperial sect under the rightful Emperor Roan Fel, have been strong and likeable, with an equally likeable cast of characters.

So there we are. Discuss away!

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Tangible God
The saga needs to retire soon. I honestly hope that after Lucas little dabble in the Clone Wars, and the next few games are released, then the franchise will be laid to rest. Even Star Trek knew enough to do that.

the clone wars isnt the last he is also doin a live action series

truejedi
Originally posted by Captain REX
Set in the not-terribly-distant-but-far-enough-away-for-Luke-to-be-dead future, Legacy is the comic book series produced by Dark Horse Comics that presents the Star Wars galaxy as it is seen in the year 130 ABY and onwards, barring flashbacks.

The series is notorious for stomping all over the whole 'The Sith are destroyed forever by the Chosen One' prophecy, as the Sith are back en masse this time. The Rule of Two has been left behind, supplanted by the Rule of One, which somehow means hundreds of thousands of Sith combatants under the malicious Darth Krayt. After triggering a war between (surprise) the Galactic Alliance and the Galatic Empire, the Sith destroy the Alliance and take over a splintered Empire. Friendless, the Jedi are once again hunted down and scattered across the stars.

But some things don't change. The name Skywalker still brings hope to the Galaxy, though the current Skywalker, Cade, certainly walks the line. It doesn't seem to deterr anyone that his a drug-abusing bounty hunter with a penchant for touching the Dark Side... but he has discovered his natural talent for reviving the dead and dying, the power that Anakin Skywalker fell to the Dark Side for in the first place.

Despite the Galaxy repeating itself with returned Sith, Jedi massacres, Empire vs. Alliance, and Skywalker being the last hope, the Legacy series is not wholly without its own merits. More recent plotlines, some stepping away from the Skywalker legacy to inspect the plight of the Galactic Alliance and its attempts at cooperation with the Imperial sect under the rightful Emperor Roan Fel, have been strong and likeable, with an equally likeable cast of characters.

So there we are. Discuss away!

hmmm, kinda like LOTF, sounds like this story has been done before... Can't they come up with something original?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Tangible God

Yes, but Star Trek is back with a new film and possible series. Don't forgot Trek novels are being released also

Lord Knightfa11
sci fi in itself is going down the tubes. Time for someone aside from spielberg and lucas to do everything.

truejedi
theres going to be a new mummy movie... and caspian was pretty good..

Lord Knightfa11
hmm. Im probably against seeing caspian because they disgraced the books (from what i have heard)

a mummy movie, you say?

I am mostly waiting for Batman; The dark Knight, Indiana Jones, and Clone wars (praying its not like the 2d cartoon the whole time)

Vera21
Isn't Caspian and the Mummy more fantasy than science fiction?

Lord Knightfa11
yes.

truejedi
true, fair enough. batman isn't quite sci-fi either...

Captain REX
Where does the superhero genre fall, anyways?

In any case, another Skywalker has been revealed, for those of you who have read Legacy #24.

Kazenji
Apart from all the bagging the crap out of the series that people do to this comic on this site

is this comic series actually worth reading ?

Captain REX
I certainly enjoy reading it, yes.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Apart from all the bagging the crap out of the series that people do to this comic on this site

is this comic series actually worth reading ?

I love reading the Legacy comics

Kazenji
The only reason i said this

Because i see on page 1 people complaning about this series such as Darth Sexy and also another thread for the legacy comics of this thread.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Kazenji
The only reason i said this

Because i see on page 1 people complaning about this series such as Darth Sexy and also another thread for the legacy comics of this thread.

You misunderstand. On its own, I love the legacy series. However, in the grand scheme of things, it's complete trash and destroys the purpose of the 6 star wars movies. All of these new comics just run in circles and I would like for GL to put his foot down somewhere.

Captain REX
People dislike the fact that the Legacy series brought back the Sith and restarted the old conflict of Jedi vs. Sith on a mass scale, in addition to the Alliance vs. the Empire all over again.

Other than that, I enjoy reading it.

Darth Sexy
Basically rendering Palpatine's feats moot.

Chick Magnet
Didn't Exar Kun still being around after Palplys death/Dark Empire/Markas Ragnos ghost/LOTF/All the retcons BEFORE Legacy making Lumiya a Sith Lady, do that already? I always thought completely destroying the Sith was an VERY silly concept, how can you destroy an ideal? I like to think that Palpatine himself was the unbalance Anakin killing him brought balance to the force, and the "destroy the Sith 4everzs!" was just Jedi interpretation.

Kazenji
People dislike the fact that the Legacy series brought back the Sith and restarted the old conflict of Jedi vs. Sith

Yea and they can't complety destroy the sith, Like what Chick Magnet says

Bespin Bart
It is not the ideal that was being destroyed, but the people who represented the ideal, through their actions and their official status as Dark Lords of the Sith. Ideals obviously last.

Lord Knightfa11
Its pretty good, because the sith lord is revealed to be probably one of the coolest jedi from the pt (aside from quinlan), and the hero isnt exactly luke skywalker.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bespin Bart

That and not to mention theres all those sith temples that are in ruins on planets someones bound to stumble across them.

Its pretty good, because the sith lord is revealed to be probably one of the coolest jedi from the pt

who would that be ?

Lord Knightfa11
asharad hett

Captain REX
My only problem with the Legacy series is that they keep introducing characters that have lived since the times of Anakin Skywalker. K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, A'Sharad Hett... I can understand that they are aliens or have some method of enlongating their lives, but they were still Jedi hunted during Order 66 that should have been killed by Vader. I would have preferred it, even.

Darth Sexy
My only problem with the Legacy series is that they keep introducing characters that have lived since the times of Anakin Skywalker. K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, A'Sharad Hett... I can understand that they are aliens or have some method of enlongating their lives, but they were still Jedi hunted during Order 66 that should have been killed by Vader. I would have preferred it, even.

Not to mention that those jedi were conveniently not present during Luke Skywalker's ascention to Grandmaster, Dark Empire, and the Vong Invasion, but suddenly they show up after 150 years. Where the hell have they been hiding? There are too many inconsistencies. There are proper ways to introduce characters and then there is the Legacy way.

Captain REX
Indeed. I mean, are we supposed to buy it that K'Kruhk thought that Order 66 was going on for over a century?

Apparently those Jedi were around for Kol Skywalker's time with the Order, though, and possibly before.

Allankles
Legacy is ok, but I dislike the way it's going. Am I the only one who doesn't want the alliance back in power? Honestly I'd like it if Krayt and Cade died, and the galaxy is split between free systems, alliance and imperials. I think that would set up nicely for future adventures beyond this time period, without relying on the typical galaxy wide Sith vs Jedi conflicts.

Ultimately I can't do anything about how they handle legacy, but I'm impressed by Dark Times. I think it's the best star wars comic series at the moment.

Kotor has slowed down with Vector and the focus on the Muur's talisman imv.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Allankles
Legacy is ok, but I dislike the way it's going. Am I the only one who doesn't want the alliance back in power? Honestly I'd like it if Krayt and Cade died, and the galaxy is split between free systems, alliance and imperials. I think that would set up nicely for future adventures beyond this time period, without relying on the typical galaxy wide Sith vs Jedi conflicts.

Ultimately I can't do anything about how they handle legacy, but I'm impressed by Dark Times. I think it's the best star wars comic series at the moment.

Kotor has slowed down with Vector and the focus on the Muur's talisman imv.

The only reason I like star wars is because of its jedi/sith/force aspects. I don't care about anything else star wars related.

Chick Magnet
For those not wanting the Alliance back in power your forgetting the Galaxy has MANY factions about all with alot of clout and power theres:

The Sith

The Moffs

The Jedi

Roan Fels Empire and the Imperial Knights

Gar Stazi and the Alliance Remnant Fleet

Really do think they're just going to hold hands and kiss each others ass when Krayt bites the big one? Currently he's uniting an galaxy of enemies against who hate each other against him, and a galaxy with him dead will be more dangerous then a galaxy with him controlling it.

And is two long lived species being alive for 100+ years really that silly when we have a galaxy were a humans normal lifespan is 120? Were 60 is the new 40. But you can blame Del Ray, they don't show NJO characters cause that would some how restrict Del Rays creative ability.

Allankles
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
The only reason I like star wars is because of its jedi/sith/force aspects. I don't care about anything else star wars related.

I have no problem with those, I have a problem with another black and white Jedi/Sith galaxy wide war. You can have Jedi/Sith conflicts without settling into the monotony of Alliance = good vs Imperials/or anyone working with dark jedi = bad.

The Alliance made a mess of things and the imperials rule for a while and then get toppled because they are 'evil', which is what I don't want to see.

I think what I'm hoping for and what Styles has alluded to, is the best scenario. Krayt's death shifts control of the galaxy to several different factions, avoiding the galaxywide Jedi vs Sith cliche.

Captain REX
At this point, I believe that they will have the Imperial Remnant under Roan Fel bond back together with the Galactic Alliance to form the new good guy government, while the Sith are destroyed (at some point).

As for not having interest in anything but the Jedi and the Sith... I think I would get bored after awhile.

And I'm not sure if killing Krayt will solve all problems. There are still thousands of Sith running around the Galaxy; with or without his commands, they will still be evil and nasty. The Dark Side pushes the individual to increase their personal power. Someone would try to fill Krayt's shoes.

Chick Magnet
The GA fleet is all thats left of the Galactic Allaince and considering its headed by Gar Stazi a very morally ambiguos character, whom hates Roan Fel and the Empire. And Roan Fel being who he is (Imperial Knight leader of the govt that destroyed the GA) I don't think its gonna be all hugs and kisses when Krayts gone.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Chick Magnet
The GA fleet is all thats left of the Galactic Allaince and considering its headed by Gar Stazi a very morally ambiguos character, whom hates Roan Fel and the Empire. And Roan Fel being who he is (Imperial Knight leader of the govt that destroyed the GA) I don't think its gonna be all hugs and kisses when Krayts gone.

I've read legacy over and over again and I'm still not understanding how a thousand sith could take over a galaxy. Obviously the Empire became the dominant power again although a shadow of its former self, but that doesn't explain the rise of the sith to power.

Chick Magnet
I've read legacy over and over again and I'm still not understanding how a thousand sith could take over a galaxy. Obviously the Empire became the dominant power again although a shadow of its former self, but that doesn't explain the rise of the sith to power.

I'll explain, during the Imperial War against the Galactic Allaince, the Sith offered themselves to Roan Fel, to help even the odds against the Jedi, since Roan Fel wasn't using his Imperial Knights, however Krayt struck a deal, with Calixe and the other Moffs who controlled the military and most of the Empire. Krayt then betrayed Roan Fel with support from the Moffs then placed himself on the thrown (unbeknownst to the Moffs) and made them swear loyalty to him and the Sith or he'll kill them pretty much. SO they (The Moffs) allow Krayts rule while seeking for away to dispose of/undermine him without him knowing.

And the Sith are anywhere between 1-10,000 so they have enough force users to enforce they're rule.

Darth Sexy
That makes no sense. There was like 30 at 40 ABY. I love how they multiply by 137 ABY. It's like the ancient sith order with one DLOTS, that's ALL it is. And 99% of these sith are relative weaklings. I wonder how krayt and his people had time to train them all.

Elite Hunter
I wonder how krayt and his people had time to train them all.

Probably the same way we saw Luke's order train on Yavin 4 with multiple apprentices to one "master". I bet their numbers would be far less if they had one apprentice to a "master."

Darth Sexy
Yea but Luke's order had more time to evolve, yet Krayt's sith outnumber them exponentially. legacy sucks

Chick Magnet
So wait Legacy sucks cause you can't figure out that a Sith order secluded on Korriban had time to grow to numbers that rival and beat the Jedi whom have had the exact same time to grow? Especially since the Sith weren't constantly involved in wars every three seconds like the Jedi were.

As I've said you people will complain about anything:

"Oh noes da Sith r back!" even though they've really never left after Palpatines death.

"Oh noes theres to many siths!"

Were constantly told the power of just one force sensitive. Palpatine's holocron says that any one Jedi could take over a planet and rule it fairly easily. And yet in Legacy we have an army, full of force sensitives, and a series of back-room deals, war, the Jedi discredited, and a betrayal, the end result we get the Sith in power, isn't the first time it happened, probably won't be the last.

Darth Sexy
So wait Legacy sucks cause you can't figure out that a Sith order secluded on Korriban had time to grow to numbers that rival and beat the Jedi whom have had the exact same time to grow? Especially since the Sith weren't constantly involved in wars every three seconds like the Jedi were.

As I've said you people will complain about anything:

"Oh noes da Sith r back!" even though they've really never left after Palpatines death.

"Oh noes theres to many siths!"

Were constantly told the power of just one force sensitive. Palpatine's holocron says that any one Jedi could take over a planet and rule it fairly easily. And yet in Legacy we have an army, full of force sensitives, and a series of back-room deals, war, the Jedi discredited, and a betrayal, the end result we get the Sith in power, isn't the first time it happened, probably won't be the last.

No, Legacy sucks because of the numerous plot holes and because it doesn't follow the entire idea of Star Wars. It wouldn't suck as bad if they made it maybe 500-1,000 years in the future, instead of 150 years, rendering Palpatine's achievements basically moot. It has nothing to do with figuring anything out. Same reason why LOTF sucks.

Chick Magnet
Whatever, I don't really care but I'd like to know these so called plot holes that are so glaringly apparent to you though.

Darth Sexy
1. The fact that Krayt rules with an iron fist and nobody dares challenge him ever since he created the order, which is basically contradictory to the way of the sith.
2. The outcome of the Skywalker/Solo clan. Since the Legacy authors rushed the dates, it has been almost 100 years since the end of Invincible. So what happens to the clan?
3. Krayt apparently learns from Xoxaan's holocron for more than 10 years? What does he do the next 10? Sit in the embrace of pain?
4. The fact that the power Plagueis and Palpatine have searched for their entire lives comes naturally to Cade Skywalker
5. The sith order being more powerful than the Alliance and the Empire right now.

There are many more and I will list them when I remember.

Chick Magnet
1. He changed the Sith, and he's called on it in the comic by Bane, and Anneudu they no longer go by the standards of treachery and betrayal, its not the first time its happened ex: Exar Kun and the Brotherhood of the Sith, if anything Krayt is following the Sith ways of the one TRUE Dark Lord Exar Kun who was appointed by Ragnos himself and order was legitimized. If we wanna really play this silly little game of "legitimacy" then Bane the one who throws a hissy fit at Krayt is the true heretic.

2. Are you not reading Legacy? Cade says in the latest issue that the Sith ARE infact plotting against Krayt, and a few issues before that it SHOWS Maladi and Nihl complaining about Krayts rule. There is very much treachery in the ranks.

No Plot Hole.

You do know Legacy the comic was planned WELL before LOTF the novels and Del Ray was originally going to have the LOTF series be set in the New Sith Wars era. Its Del Ray's fault NOT Dark Horses.

And jesus the comic series is only 25 issues in, have you ever heard of a thing called mystery? Moreover the fate of the Solo clan right now isn't relative to the plot. We already know the fate of the Skywalkers: Nat, Cade and Kol. As the author John Ostrander has said these plots will be revealed in time, when Del Ray either starts directly tieing into Legacy (as they are starting to do now: The One Sith appearing, Jagged Fel being made High Moff etc) or Del Ray stops doing novels in the Legacy era (They won't) so quite frankly: be patient.

Still not a plot hole, a plot MYSTERY it is though.

Once again not a plot hole were TOLD what happens, even though its pretty obvious he studies the holo, leaves Korriban to fight Vader and Palpatine, sees there dead, runs to the unknown reigons in an emo fit, gets caught by the Vong, has Vereger shape his value system, escapes Vong, goes back to Korriban to found the One Sith.

OMG a SKYWALKER is unnaturally powerful, and has a talent never seen before this has never happened...Oh Wait...it does...with EVERY new generation of Skywalker. Really, thats just a complaint on your part AT BEST.
5. The sith order being more powerful than the Alliance and the Empire right now.

Please do because so far you've shown me ZERO.

Gideon
Krayt isn't comparable to Palpatine in any way, shape, or form, DS. Nor are their respective achievements. Palpatine conquered the whole of the galaxy, Krayt is galactic emperor only in name, not actualization. Palpatine did it by himself, Krayt had an army of Sith at his command. There was no brilliant scheme. Just a militant coup. And in a fight? Palpatine would tool Krayt.

Lord Knightfa11
meh krayt looks cooler though.

Chick Magnet
He's his own character let him breath, Palpayine is long dead and will never come back I think its time to move one, and he does look cooler lol.

Elite Hunter
I hope that after the legacy comics that the next sith lord (which you know there will be) will have no relations to any past character(like Krayt had with the pt jedi) and is a fresh face.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
meh krayt looks cooler though.

He's his own character let him breath, Palpayine is long dead and will never come back I think its time to move one, and he does look cooler lol.

Love these quotes..

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I hope that after the legacy comics that the next sith lord (which you know there will be) will have no relations to any past character(like Krayt had with the pt jedi) and is a fresh face.

There will be another sith lord, but I don't see Krayt being killed anytime soon

Darth Scythe

As for not having interest in anything but the Jedi and the Sith... I think I would get bored after awhile.

You didn't like the X-Wing series?

Captain REX
I haven't read the X-Wing series, and I meant that I would get bored if all I had interest in was the Sith vs. Jedi gumf.

As for plot holes, I haven't seen any holes, DS. And yes, though Krayt did a little bit of organizing to get things his way, his was a militant coupe more or less, with lots of 'I will kill you if you do not cooperate, trust me on this.'

As for the Solo clan, I'm guessing that Roan Fel is descended from Jaina Solo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.