I'm having a hard time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
Erm..well I begin my new job tomorrow and I guess since I've been so,
what's the word, SPOILED I am feeling very down about everything. I mean
I've been doing a whole lot of nothing and haven't had to worry about much
but now that I'll be beginning my job tomorrow (which is 2nd shift) it's
just weird. I mean like 5 days (and sometimes 6) a week I'll be out of my
comfort zome (home) and out working 8-12 hours a day and this will continue
for the REST of my life. I mean yeah I know it's a part of life and I'll
enjoy making money but it's just weird and it's depressing. Not to mention
since I will be on 2nd shift, when everyone else is out on Friday night
having fun riding around and goofing off, I'll be at work until 11pm. And
once the weekend is over..the process begins over again. Ever since I can
remember (with the exception of a few weeks that I've visited Seb) I have
been dropped off, if possible, on a Friday to stay at Sebastian's until
Sunday morning but I'll no longer be able to do that because work will not
end until Friday night at 11. So if I ever get to go to Sebastian's house
it'll only be for 1 night instead of 2. Yeah, sounds kind of pu**y but it's
bothering me to the point that I've cried today. Not to mention his
designated time to talk to me on his Step-Dad's cell at night is between 9
and 11 and no longer so I doubt that they'll allow him to have the phone at
11 to talk until 1 to get 2 hours of time in. So I'm thinking that we may
have to wait until weekends to talk to each other from now on and I can't
STAND that thought. When I get off of work I want someone to talk to and be
there for me and he's the only one that I can really, truly come to to find
comfort in because I will be with him forever.

I guess I'm moreover typing this to get it off my chest than anything considering I know there is no real advice for a subject like this and there will probably be more insults and rolled-eyes at this topic than anything but...nothing I can do about it.

chillybanana
It's not surprising how you feel that way, I am very close with my boyfriend too and I can understand how you feel like that. As for going into a new job with all these long hours that is pretty tough too. Can you and your boyfriend keep in touch at all thru email or texting?
I don't really have any advice to suggest but I am sure things will get easier with time and I hope everything works out OK and the job isn't too hard on you. Keep smiling smile

~Wålshy~
make those weekends extra special!

guy222
it will work out well

good luck

ScarletSpeed
kelly, don't worry about it, it will work out.

give it a try for a couple of months and if you still aren't used to it, find a new job.

you just gotta power through it, dear.

you are still young, and have plenty of time to change careers and such stick out tongue

Kelly_Bean

~Wålshy~
when you get your car you should go down teh highway anyway, itd be worth it if you want to be with him.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Thanks.
Unfortunately no, he does not have a computer and he'll be graduating High School in 6 days so any access to school computers that he had will no longer be available. And neither of us have cells.

I don't get to see him that often, babe.
Once a month. Twice if lucky.

What makes you so confident?

I am a worry wart and I always have been as well as always will be but it's something I cannot change. I honestly see nothing good coming from this (besides money but what good is money if you cannot spend it on someone?). Sebastian is 50 miles away and seperated by a long stretch of highway and once I get my car, yes, gripe all you want to and tell me that I am old enough to make my own decisions, I believe my parents will not let me drive down there because it's dangerous. They've even already mentioned stuff like that. So I cannot see good in the near future. I cannot see good maybe even in the long-run because with the job having not even started and already bogging me down like this, what's going to happen between Seb and I when we're both angry (not necessarily at each other) at the situation because we don't get to see and talk to each other and it drives us away to the point that we may break up?!??

Long distance relationships are always difficult, but you need to look at the bigger picture here. You and Sebastian are "going to be together forever", forever is a pretty long time, pretty soon you guys will be moving in with each other, and with each other all time. This is only a tiny portion of your life,Kelly. just think how worth it, it will be, once this all over and you guys are in a more comfortable situation.

chillybanana
I cannot see good maybe even in the long-run because with the job having not even started and already bogging me down like this, what's going to happen between Seb and I when we're both angry (not necessarily at each other) at the situation because we don't get to see and talk to each other and it drives us away to the point that we may break up?!??

it is hard not to think like that when you are feeling negatively about something. just try to take each day as it comes and enjoy it. you don't want to have to spend everyday worrying about that so if it does, god forbid, happen that you break up, it hasn't been a long vicious and upsetting period- you want to have good memories.
i'm sure he loves you a lot and you will both do everything you can to keep your relationship going.

shiv
You want to hit the ground running Jump out of bed early drink TEN expressos and say goodbye to the Parental unit.

Remember to Kiss lots of ass and you'll be O-Kay

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Long distance relationships are always difficult, but you need to look at the bigger picture here. You and Sebastian are "going to be together forever", forever is a pretty long time, pretty soon you guys will be moving in with each other, and with each other all time. This is only a tiny portion of your life,Kelly. just think how worth it, it will be, once this all over and you guys are in a more comfortable situation.
How will it be a more comfortable situation when he gets his job and both my job and his counteract, causing an even more stressful situation? ESPECIALLY if/when we get our own place. What good would it do if he has a 1st shift job and I have a 2nd shift job and we never ever see each other except possibly at nighttime when it's time for bed.
Originally posted by chillybanana
it is hard not to think like that when you are feeling negatively about something. just try to take each day as it comes and enjoy it. you don't want to have to spend everyday worrying about that so if it does, god forbid, happen that you break up, it hasn't been a long vicious and upsetting period- you want to have good memories.
i'm sure he loves you a lot and you will both do everything you can to keep your relationship going.
Yes it is very hard, especially when you've been pessimistic all of the 19 years of your life and it has proved to be very effective.
Originally posted by shiv
You want to hit the ground running Jump out of bed early drink TEN expressos and say goodbye to the Parental unit.

Remember to Kiss lots of ass and you'll be O-Kay
Early, huh? Lol.

ScarletSpeed
How will it be a more comfortable situation when he gets his job and both my job and his counteract, causing an even more stressful situation? ESPECIALLY if/when we get our own place. What good would it do if he has a 1st shift job and I have a 2nd shift job and we never ever see each other except possibly at nighttime when it's time for bed.

Yes it is very hard, especially when you've been pessimistic all of the 19 years of your life and it has proved to be very effective.

Early, huh? Lol.

well, one of you is going to have to make a change, if you guys are ever gonna spend time together.

Kelly_Bean
well, one of you is going to have to make a change, if you guys are ever gonna spend time together.
We never really get to spend time together as is. hanuts

shiv
lets see;

2 hours in the shower
Couple more concentrating on your claws
Down town to Spring clean yo hair
two more hours to kook. pack the purse. calm yourself and get thurr 20 minutes early

ScarletSpeed
We never really get to spend time together as is. hanuts

that sucks, man.

what is both your jobs, if you don't mind me asking?stick out tongue

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by shiv
lets see;

2 hours in the shower
Couple more concentrating on your claws
Down town to Spring clean yo hair
two more hours to kook. pack the purse. calm yourself and get thurr 20 minutes early
hanuts The hot water heater doesn't even last 10 minutes on our shower. I don't care about my nails. I can straighten my hair from my house. And I don't know how to cook and I don't carry around a purse. crylaugh

BruceSkywalker
You will be fine Kels. That happens to a lot of people. It happened to me when I started my first job. When you get your first paycheck, buy a cell for you and Seb so you guys can call and text each other.

Kelly_Bean
that sucks, man.

what is both your jobs, if you don't mind me asking?stick out tongue
He doesn't have one yet, that's the thing!
He graduates in 6 days from High School and then he'll be searching for one. erm

I will be starting work at American Greetings tomorrow.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
You will be fine Kels. That happens to a lot of people. It happened to me when I started my first job. When you get your first paycheck, buy a cell for you and Seb so you guys can call and text each other.
The phone that I want is $150.00 so 2 of those phones would take up nearly all of one weeks paycheck and then I'd have no money for a plan.

chillybanana
^that's a great idea

ScarletSpeed
He doesn't have one yet, that's the thing!
He graduates in 6 days from High School and then he'll be searching for one. erm

I will be starting work at American Greetings tomorrow.

well you will have to wait and see what kinda job he gets then. laughing out loud might work outsmile.

BruceSkywalker
The phone that I want is $150.00 so 2 of those phones would take up nearly all of one weeks paycheck and then I'd have no money for a plan.

Well what you could do for your very first phone is buy two, but good cheap pay as you go phones where there is no plan, where and Seb can talk. Then as you save up some money you can eventually buy some phones with a plan

Kelly_Bean
well you will have to wait and see what kinda job he gets then. laughing out loud might work outsmile.
Might. Might not.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Well what you could do for your very first phone is buy two, but good cheap pay as you go phones where there is no plan, where and Seb can talk. Then as you save up some money you can eventually buy some phones with a plan
I guess we could but since we love so far apart the reception would be shit.

BruceSkywalker
Might. Might not.

I guess we could but since we love so far apart the reception would be shit.

Not necessarily Kels, you should be able to get good reception where ever your at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.